Hardcore Fitness Maniacs check-in for September 2017

Today I did Cardio Coach 3 and had to be at work early so started it about 20 minutes earlier than usual. Hard to get started but I did well with the workout.

Workout was 40 minutes, ran 2.8 miles, burned 285 (TM said 380) calories and went 5686 steps. Avg. HR 119 and Max was 160.

Diane Sue - Nice workout. Which series was that Bootcamp workout from? I almost did a kickboxing workout this morning but didn't feel like jumping around that early. I started my workout at 5:15.

Jolie - I hope your dad made it through the surgery ok, keep us updated. I'm shocked to hear how hot it still is there. We are in the 40-50's at night and 70s during the day. Beautiful weather here. I love this time of year. Montana should definitely be cooler.

Today I did Les Mills Combat 30 kickboxing using 1 lb gloves. Workout was 30 minutes and I burned 340 calories. Then I did STS #15 Biceps only. Total workout time was 54 minutes and I burned a total of 480 calories. Average heart rate was 133 and max was 174. I was really working hard kickboxing, I haven't done that in awhile and it was tough. I cant believe it but my knee never even hurt and walking around hurts it. I have a chiropractor appointment for tomorrow but I am going to see how it feels later in the day. Sometimes doing a lot of kicks can re align it, go figure.

Barbell Bicep Curls-
35# x 12, x 10, x 8, x 14 TF

Seated Alt. Bicep Curls DB-
20# x 12, x 10, x 10 TF

Preacher Curls on the Ball DB-
15# x 12, x 10, x 12 TF

My dads surgery went great! He is home recovering and is on his way!

Debbie,
great workout even though you had to get up earlier than usual. Good job on getting that many steps in so early in the day! Its going to be about 10 degrees cooler today so I got to finally do cardio, which made me happy. It has been the worst summer ever and I wish for it to be over soon. The weather shows cooler days coming!

I hope you all have great workouts today.

Today I did Cathe's Ice Metabolic Total Body + Blizzard Blast, 62 minutes, 353 calories. I also did X Train Abs #1, 11 minutes, 33 calories. Total time 73 minutes, 386 calories. I went to my daughter Candy's today and Micah and Olivia and I made Dog treats. It was a pleasant afternoon. I went a bit heavier than Cathe on most of the moves today , but didn't want to go to heavy as I plan on doing Pyramid Upper Thursday and X Train Cardio Legs Saturday, with Hard Strikes Friday. That is how I planned this week. Next week I am incorporating the X Train workouts for weight work, I need to think of what I want to do on Monday though to replace Strong and Sweaty PHA though. I am kind of using the last months rotation as a template for this month.

Debbie, the Boot Camp was from The Ice series and followed with the Fit Tower Advanced Boot camp.. I like the strength work in the Fit Tower Boot Camp even though it does not use weights. It uses bands and various pull up moves. My legs were sore today which surprised me. We have had some beautiful weather this week too.

Jolie, glad to hear that your Dad's surgery went well. That would be great if the Kickboxing helped align your knees and they stay okay.

Today was the same workout as last Wednesday, just in superset form. Had a great workout, this was tough. I went heavy and almost went to failure with almost every exercise. Even with the long rest periods.

3 sets/8 reps with 3 minutes rest - warmed up with Pyramid Upper Body

SS #1
Squats
- 25's
Upright Rows - 35#

SS #2
Incline Chest Press - 80#
Hammer Curls - 25's

SS #3
Lying Tricep BB Extension
- 35#
Elevated Deadlifts - 60#

I also walked 1 mile on my treadmill.

Total workout was 1 hr. Avg. HR was 87, Max was 120. I burned 257 calories and went 3844 steps.

Diane Sue - Nice workout, I really feel like I should order those ICE workouts but I just don't want to spend $100 again. I'll think about it. You made dog treats? That's cool, my cousin does that sometimes, so much better than what you get in the stores. I'm sure that was fun!!

Jolie - So glad to hear your dad is doing well. It's hard with older parents, the worry never stops. My mom is 80 and still lives on her own and I worry about her every day. I make sure I call her every day and if she doesn't answer, I'm over there in a heart beat. Thankfully, that hasn't happened lately. Nice workout, you are on fire!!! Glad it's getting cooler for you finally.

Today I did X Train ALL Out Low Impact Hiit , 40 minutes, heart rate average 137, max 162, 280 calories, followed by Ice Low Impact Sweat Blizzard Blast, 13 minutes, average heart rate 139-max 159, 106 calories, 1,017 steps. I wanted some stretching so I did Kelly Coffey's Body Design Yoga Flow, 13 minutes, 34 calories. Total time was 65 minutes, 420 calories. Today I s our family evening dinner at my house. I am making spaghetti and will either use some spaghetti squash I have in the freezer for myself or just eat salad. I am not a real fan of tomato based sauce on spaghetti squash. This was last minute,since we didn't do this during the summer vacation months. I just chose something easy and that I had most of the ingredients for. I also mixed up some Nutella chocolate chip cookies for company :) I am going to have to find a time to take my car in. I am having problems with the automatic security system that has to match my car key. It will periodically show the symbol and it wont go out. My car won't start for the first few tries. It is under warranty till November and only has 10,000 miles on it. It is either the system or my key. I wish they didn't put those automatic things in cars that can go wrong. I would rather have the press the button security system or something. It worked fine for me today. Go figure. I need to do something though before the warranty is up. My husband laughed and said it didn't need the security feature, who would want to steal a Chevy Spark? LOL I like my little car. No problem fitting in parking spots. I do usually pull through and try to be visible in parking lots as people will try to run me over. It is bright blue, so they should be able to see it.

Debbie, I make my dog's treats all of the time. She has such a sensitive stomach and since I found ingredients that work she gets homemade treats all of the time. Once in awhile we do Blue Basics grain free salmon and potato. She sniffs them and seems a bit reluctant though after having the homemade ones. My grandson 17 comes in and nibbles on her dog treats LOL They are rice flour, coconut oil, bone broth, salt, and a bit of organic pumpkin. He says they taste good. I didn't pre order the ice workouts. I purchased them from Cathe and on Amazon individually. As I liked each so much, I kept adding till I finally went for the To the Mat. It is not my favorite though. If you don't like floor work you would probably not want that one. Also there are two different workouts that have the Muscle Meltdown shoulders on them. I have been told that they are different workouts, but even looking at the workout card, they are the same. That might affect your decision on which ones you would want. They are good workouts and I had held off thinking they would be too easy, but they are definitely not and the Blizzard Blasts and Muscle Meltdowns are awesome. Lots of premixes as well.

Today was the start of meso cycle week 4 workout was chest and back,

I started a part time job two nights a week and every other saturday, ( my day job I am usually done by 11) so this is 2-8 and saturdays are 8-4. It is at my hair salon and the perks are going to be fabulous, (I was pleasantly surprised) but i worked last night and i love it...so far

Great workouts everyone!!

Reactions: WD
I can't believe I found this forum on the new website. I had to go through tap talk. Today was my rest day. I'll be back tomorrow to read everybody's posts. Have a nice evening.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jolie, i dont like Tapatalk myself. I had to go through the internet and find the forums to get here. I wonder if Cathe left on her trip timing it for this. Normally i just hit mybsaved button and i am on the forums, not a huge sell page without the link. I am not happy.

Today I did a Cardio Coach mix I made up that included the 10 alternating hill climbs/sprint challenge from Press Play and one of the challenges from CC4 which is very hard. CC4 has never been my favorite workout and probably because it is a very hard one for me. I had a great workout. I didn't feel much like running today but now I'm glad I did it. These workouts are awesome, I hope Cathe decides to do something similar in the future. I went to the Suggestions forum and suggested it to her. I hope she reads those threads.

Workout was 43 minutes, ran 3 miles, burned 337 calories (TM said 420) and went 6111 steps. Avg. Hr was 125 and max was 172. I was at my max for most of this workout which was really weird.

I also did the Ab work from C&W.

Diane Sue & Jolie - I don't understand a thing you girls are talking about. LOL!!

Roselyn - Glad you found a part time job you like. So you have a full time job and a part time one? How do you do it? Nice job with STS Meso cycle, I love that cycle.

Hope you all have a great workout today.

Today I had Pyramid Upper body with the abs on my plan. Workout was 61 minutes, 252 calories, heart rate 100 average, 145 max. 708 steps. Not much foot work LOL. Probably me running around to get weights and write stuff down. I have not done this one in years.
weights were: 12,10,8,10,12 reps each exercise.
chest flys 12,15,17.5,15,12 2dbs
chest press 12,15,17.5,15,12
pullovers 20,25,30,25,20
double arm row 20,25,30,25,20
rear delt fly 8,10,12,10,8 2 dbs
side lateral raise 8,10,12,10,8 2 dbs
front raise 8,10,10,10,8 2 dbs
double arm kickbacks 12,12,15,12,12
seated overhead extension 1 dumbbell 15, 20,25,20,15
hammer curls 12,15,17.5,15,12 2 dbs
curls 12,15,17.5,15,12 dbs

Debbie, when I pulled up Cathe's from my saved icon on my tablet this morning there was not a place for the forums. When I pulled up on Internet Explorer later on the computer the forums is there.

I cant post it keeps erasing everything I type right before I post reply. I have done it 4 times! I did Powerstrike 5 burned 525 calories. Be back later to post again! I hate this!!!!!

Jolie, things are back to normal working for me even with Chrome. The technicians must be working on it.

Today was the end of week two of my Total Body workout. Had a good workout and really pushed myself. Not as sore as I was last week with these workouts but I still am a bit sore. Same workout as last Friday but supersets.

2 sets/15 reps with 4 minutes rest - warmed up with Pyramid Upper Body.

SS #1
Weighted Dips
- 40#
Seated Dumbbell Curls - 16's

SS #2
Lateral Raise
- 11's/12's
Pullovers - 27#/30#

SS #3
Pushups
- On toes
Leg Extensions - 30#
Should have put my weighted vest on for my pushups, I forgot I had that thing until just now. Leg extensions sort of hurt my knees. Have to be careful with those.

I also walked 1 mile on my treadmill.

Total workout was 54 minutes, Avg. HR was 102, Max was 180. I burned 276 calories and went 3609 steps. My HR was reading 172-180 almost the entire workout. I know that wasn't right, there was no way it was that high. I was walking on my TM and I'm lucky if it ever passes 100 bpm while doing that. Not sure what was going on?

Diane Sue - So is TalkTap an app for your phone? I just get on the website and post my workouts, I hate doing things from my phone. Nice job with PUB, love that workout! Wish she'd do more of those.

Jolie - It is frustrating when you can't post. I actually hate apps on the phone. I'd rather use my laptop any day. Nice going with your workout!!

Have a great weekend everyone!! GO TRIBE!!!!

Today's workout was Hardstrikes, 47 minutes, 332 calories, heart rate average 125, max 164, 4,236 steps. I have my 3 year old grandson here today so that is all I will do.

Deb, yes, Tapatalk is an app for your phone. I have used it once in awhile on my Tablet and Phone. Most of the time I just use it on my computer or log in like the computer on my tablet. Nice work today. You really went heavy the last workout that you posted on those bench presses. I will never be able to go that heavy again.

ok, it just kicked me off again right before I hit Post!!! Everything I wrote was erased! I am not going to re type everything again because it will do the same thing to me as it did yesterday. I am taking a rest day today. I am very tired and sore from yesterdays workout. I hope you all have a great day.

No no Debbie:) I work part time at a church rectory (housekeeper) from 7-11 and will work at the salon tues/thurs 2-8

Today was plyo legs

Say a couple prayers for my sister she had a callback on her mammo (and also last year), so of course she is worried as we all get and they can't get her in until next thursday but to call for cancellations. I told her this new 3d catches things when they are small. last year all was good so praying for the same and to ease her worry

Jolie, I have not had that happen. Maybe you can copy your post before hitting post till it gets it. Are you doing it from Google Chrome or IE or from a phone or tablet? That is odd.

Roselyn, prayers for your sister. I always go for the 3D imaging.

Today I did STS # 13 Shoulders only. I added two more exercises since the 3 Cathe does just doesn't seem enough to me. 1 minute rest between sets.

Seated Alt. Overhead press DB-
20# x 12, x 10, x 8,
2 Arms-
20# x 13 TF

1 Arm Lat Raise DB-
12# x 12, x 10, x 8
2 Arms-
10# x 13 TF

Rear Flies-
12# x 12, x 10, x 8, x 12 TF

Upright Rows DB-
15# x 12, x 12, x 12

Front Raise to rear raise DB-
10# x 12, x 10, x 8

I burned 200 calories

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.