Hardcore Fitness Maniacs check-in for January 2018

Today, I did Fit Split Bootcamp/ legs glutes timesaver mix 4 which was on the schedule, Legs and glutes + abs, 56 minutes, heart rate 108 average, max 163, 276 calories, 1,976 steps. I also did Kelly Coffey's Athletic Conditioning 1 workout 2, stretch, 25 minutes, 47 calories. Total time 81 minutes, 323 calories.
weights step is high step with 3 risers
deadlift 30#dbs 12 reps
squats 30# dbs 12 reps
rear lunge off the step 15# dbs hard to count with all of the pulses and single lifts
forward diagonal lunge 15# dbs 16 reps
push dips off the step 15# dbs 13 reps and 3 sets of 7 pulses ??
deadlift 30# dbs 12 reps
cross back slide lunge 15# dbs 7,7,3,3,3,3, 15 pulses
slide side lunge 15# db
elevated lunges 15# dbs lots of pulses didn't count them
single leg deadlifts 20# db

Deb, nice workout today. I love that workout :) I hear you on children and all of these names they attach to behavior or what someone wants to call a disorder. Children are all different. It is like everyone needs to conform to a certain personality and behavior. My daughter who is a dermatologist watches videos of herself when she was a kid and says she was such an spaz as she puts it. She could never sit still. She was always talking. It caused her to get in trouble in school when she was in grade school. If it was now she would have been recommended to get help. A lot of those drugs they give can lead to psychosis. Then they believe things that are not real are real.
No, I haven't had hot flashes in quite a few years now. I had a long bout with the hot flashes and then menopause which started rather early. Probably because I had a partial hysterectomy for cancer. Mine lasted about 10 years.

Last edited:
I did not workout yesterday but had the best day! I got together with my youngest sons English Teacher and she and I put a plan together to get Nick got up in school and to stay at that is school even though he has been struggling and failing classes. All it takes is ONE teacher to see the potential in a child!!! She is going to tutor him in both Freshman and Sophmore English over the summer and talk to other teachers to do the same. I am doing an online World History class with him, which by the way is so hard, and getting that out of the way by the end of the year. She told me if the school doesn't let him come back, that is discrimination towards him just because he has a learning disability. It is NOT his fault that no one caught it until now and it takes a village to help him turn around and make it to college! I am so excited!!!

Today I did Kickboxing, Power Strike 5 with 1# gloves. It was a killer. I haven't done that much punching and kicking in a long time. Workout was 45 minutes and I burned 501 calories. Then I did Pyramid Upper Biceps only using 8#, 10# and 13# db's. Total workout was 55 minutes and I burned 644 calories including the stretch. My average heart rate was 138 and my max was 169.

Debbie, nice workout yesterday. I know, kids are under so much pressure to be great or smart ect. When I was a kid you just went to school and played a sport and hung out with your friends. Now is tutoring, 5 sports, clubs ect or you cant get into a good college. Too much pressure!!! I am not like that with my kids. I tell them I would like them to have a B average and play one sport. Surprise, my oldest son got a free ride for just doing that and he had a couple of C's too.

Diane Sue,
That boot camp workout looks fun! I decided I cant do deadlifts or BB rows anymore, that's why my back goes out. I have to put one knee up on a bench to support my back or "that's all she wrote"! I even tried them with 10# DB's and it still went out. Too much strain 0n my lower back. I am following your advise to not stress over what I cant change. I actually wrote it down and put it on my fridge. It is helping!

Roselyn, nice workout and I am so glad you are feeling better and you have your energy back. The flu is going around here so bad, I hope I don't get it.

Have a nice day.

Today's workout was Fit Split Cardio Shred/ Push, I did Cardio Shred by itself then Push skipping the warm up. Cardio Shred timesaver,224 calories, heart rate 136 average, 160 max, 2,612 steps. I thought I might use the rebounder for some of this, but did not find it was something I could do. I am not jumping on and off the rebounder like that. I then did Push which was 33 minutes without the warm up and with writing things down. Calories burned 159, heart rate 103 average, 128 max, 473 steps. I finished off with Suzanne Bowen Barre Amped advanced active stretch, 28 minutes, 62 calories. Total time was 90 minutes, 445 calories.
Weights
Bench Press 20# dbs x 10,8,8 reps superset with chest flys 15# dbs 10,8,8 reps
Knee tap push ups bodyweight 10,8 reps
plyo push ups 20 reps (10 wide 10 close)
alternating close grip bench press 20# x 16 , 12,8 reps superset with lying extension 35# barbell 10, 8,8 reps
dips 35# barbell 32 reps
shoulder press 35# barbell 10,8,8 reps superset with goal post 15# dbs 10,8,8 reps
front squat 40# barbell 12,12,12 reps superset with high tight ( I used the fit tower instead of the step) 64 reps at 4 sets of 16 reps of lower and shallow
calf raises 25# dbs 48 reps

I am having fun with my new Whole 30 Fast and Easy recipe book and my new Kitchenaid spiralizing, peeling, and slicing attachment. I made a yummy Salisbury steak meat ball noodle bowl that had sweet potato noodles. The sauce was yummy and the macros were pretty good.

Jolie, how are you today ? I hope things are going well for you.

Jolie, we posted at the same time :) That is great that yesterday was such a good day. I am sure this tutor will be a great help. That is wonderful. My oldest granddaughter was put in Kuman math for awhile and she hated it so much that she started working really hard on her math just to not go back :) It worked though. Her sister has been to tutors for help. Yes, there is so much in the lives of young people now. We just went to school. My grandson 17 turned down an extra day at work last Sunday. He has so much with wrestling, working, and his senior year to keep up with. He has two jobs !! I wish things could be easier for him. That Bootcamp workout is fun. There is a lot of deadlifts in it. My low back felt it this morning. My knees didn't like the elevated heels on the front squats today. I did one set and then did it without the heel elevation. My non surgery knee cap was kind of hurting for some reason. I think you just do what you can do and you can still get nice results. It has taken me a long time to learn to back off of things and modify, rather than think I have to do what the instructor is doing or make it harder than what they are doing. Take care of yourself too ;0

Yesterday I took a rest day did not want to but overslept and had to be at work by 7:30 today was fit slit kickboxing and legs and glutes
tomorrow is xtrain chest, back and shoulders I am doing fit split x train 2 month rotation

Jolie yes all it takes is one teacher to change a childs life!!

Today was family day and when I came home I cleaned up leaves since it was 60 degrees and did not want to miss the chance with warm temps. Then I stained the last shelves and molding for the second closet in our add on room. It will be nice to be able to clean up and put things away in there.

Roselyn, I see a lot of people are doing the Fit Split Xtrain rotation. It looks like a good one, but right now I am just not in the mood for Xtrain. I have returned to workouts from that series a lot.
LOL I keep seeing Fit Split become Fit Slit and Fit Spit :) I am sure I have probably done it or will. IT just strikes me as funny how it comes out when missing a letter.

Today I did Pyramid Upper Body but did the Pyramid Down only premix. Still had a great workout, this one is tough if you go heavy. And since I only did the down option I went a little heavier than normal on this one.

Chest Flies & Bench: 25's/20's/15's

Pullovers: 25#/20#/15#
Double Arm Rows: 20's/15's/12's

Rear Flies, Lateral Raise, Front Raise: 8's/5's/3's - should have went heavier here

Kickbacks: 8's/5's/3's - should have went heavier here
Overhead Extension: 20#/15#/12#

Hammer/Traditional Curls: 15's/12's/10's

Workout was 33 minutes, Avg HR was 125, Max 167 and burned 212 calories.

Then I did the Tabata Treadmill workout and walked after that until I reached 20 minutes. Went 1.25 miles, burned 155 calories, Avg HR was 127 Max was 183. Went 2729 steps.

Isn't that story about the 13 kids tortured and starved horrible? What goes wrong in a persons head (two people actually) that makes that ok? Why keep having kids if you are going to do that? OMG, those two should just die. The world would be way better off without them.

Don't have time for personals today as I am at work. Hope you all have great workouts today!!!

Debbie that story just made me sick!!

Today was Xtrain chest, shoulders, back, I am doing a different rotation each week, like next week I will do fit split with ripped just to keep it different, thinking of doing sts or body beast soon

The Patriots are going to the Super Bowl!!!! Great day for football yesterday and that's all I did most of the day!!!

Today I did Les Mills Combat 30 and Power Strike 5 the combos only. I used 1# gloves and had a killer workout. Yes my low back is still hurting but not bad. It is more of the weight lifting that makes it hurt than the cardio. Workout was 50 minutes, average heartrate was 138 and max was 183. I burned 546 calories.

Debbie,
I love the Pyramid workouts. I might just do that tomorrow myself, my legs are going to be sore from all of the kicking today. Good job on getting the TM work in as well, I love getting those steps in at the beginning of the day.

Diane Sue, great workouts this weekend. I have to start eating cleaner! I got on the scale this morning, the first time in 2 months and gained 6 pounds over the last two months!!!!!!!! I have to say I did enjoy myself for once over the holidays, I usually never indulge. Now, its back to work. I am going to make grilled chicken lettuce wraps with a spicy peanut dressing using cabbage, carrots, lettuce and chicken. Yum.

Roselyn, great workouts the last couple of days. Sometimes you just have to sleep in and get the rest you need, otherwise you could get sick and run down.

Have a nice day!

Today's workout was Fit Split Low Impact/ Metabolic workout, 58 minutes (had to pause to write and get something for dh so I went back and restarted the segment that I was on) 359 calories, average heart rate 118, max 177, 2,250 steps. I then did YouTube Sarah Beth Yoga 30 minutes , sciatica, 29 minutes, 48 calories. This one felt really good on my low back and hips. Total time was 87 minutes, calories 407.

Debbie, that is just sickening. They should die and pay for what they did, better yet give them some of what they did, but more than likely it would be prison and counseling. It is terribly wrong. Good job on Pyramid upper body. That one is always a good workout.

Jolie, nice work on the kickboxing today. Your dinner sounds wonderful. I have been making up recipes from my new Whole 30 Fast and Easy cookbook and putting part of it in the freezer for when I am in a hurry. So far the recipes are really good. I am going to get back to Whole 30, it is already helping me get some of the fat % out of my diet. The macros are good and the carbs are good carbs for the most part. There is a few recipes with some potato in them. Mostly it is sweet potato in them though. I am having a bit of problem giving up all of the cream in my coffee though. Today I used coconut milk from a carton without carrageenan and some cacao powder. Yesterday I drank it black when I was at my daughters. Paleo usually allows the coconut milk from a carton but I am not sure that that is okay with Whole 30 though. They do allow nut milk. I am going to have the Italian Beef soup for lunch. I made that Saturday night and my granddaughter came over to hang out and said she had just eaten, but decided on a small bowl which ended up being 3 small bowls. :)

Roselyn, sometimes I just make up a rotation for the week and go from there too. It works when I just am not ready to focus on a program.

Last edited:
Today I did one of the treadmill app workouts I custom made, it's taken from the Mountain Hike one, I just added to it. Had a great workout, really like this one.

Workout was 30 minutes, went 2.19 miles, burned 259 calories (TM said 297) and went 4452 steps. Avg HR 140, Max 192.

Then I stayed on my treadmill and walked a bit, just wanted tog et some good steps in this morning.

30 minutes, went 1.5 additional miles, burned 156 calories and went 3643 steps. Avg HR 87, Max 111.

So total steps were 8095. Happy with that!!!

Diane Sue - Nice workout, I really need to start doing some good stretching workouts again, I can feel my muscles getting all tight again. I didn't even have time today to stretch out which is a big no no for me. Maybe when I get home from work I will take some time and stretch.

Jolie - I really wanted the Vikings to be in the Superbowl, but no luck. They always lose in the play offs, they've been there time and time again. I just don't get it. Glad to hear your team won!!

Roselyn - I might do an Xtrain workout tomorrow, love that series!

Today I had to take a rest day because I had to get my oldest son off to his Senior Religious Retreat. He will be gone till Friday, most of his classmates went on the trip. I bet they will have a blast. By the time I got home it was just too late to start working out, my house was a mess and I cant stand to look at it in that condition LOL!

Debbie,
nice cardio TM workout today. I like Xtrain as well, they are short but very effective workouts.

Roselyn- I like how you are mixing the workouts together. How do you like Cathe's new Workouts?

Diane Sue- I will check back in to see what you did for your workout.

PS I think this year will be the most busy year of my life!

Cheers!

Today I did Fit Split Timesaver #1 mixed impact cardio, 30 minutes, 197 calories, heart rate 134 average, max 165. I used the rebounder for some of the moves again adding a few extra jumps between some exercises. I then did the bonus abs, 12 minutes, 53 calories. I finished off with another Sarah Beth youtube yoga. I thought I was doing a 10 minutes one and I had accidentally clicked on the restorative 20 minute one. It was a nice one though. I remember doing this one. She uses a bolster and it felt nice :) This was 33 calories. Total time was 62 minutes and calories 283.

Debbie, great job on the steps today. I don't know why I let the yoga an flexibility go at times. I can feel the difference already. Sarah Beth really does hold the stretches for quite awhile in a lot of her workouts. She has some deep stretch ones as well. I have been focusing more on the ones for the back and hips. I could never skip a stretch. A lot of the time if I do multiple workouts I will still do all of the warm ups and stretches. Only change is when I am pressed for time and then I will do one warm up and one stretch. I remember years ago reading some forums and complaints about too long of a warm up and stretch. I also remember a lot of women admitting they did not do the stretch. I think things have changed over the years as to the importance of flexibility too.

Roselyn, it looks like we did the same cardio today :)

Jolie, I bet your son has a great time :) I know the feeling of looking around at the house and not being able to stand the clutter and mess. I have to pick up and clean it up before I can relax.

I was pressed for time today because I had to be at work early so I did a fun fast workout - Cardio Pump Kickboxing. Loved it, very fun workout. This time I did it with my 1# gloves.

Workout was 30 minutes, burned 246 calories and went 3261 steps (not bad!). Avg HR 145, Max 183.

Can't do personals today since I am at work. I hope to be back later. Have great workouts everyone!!!

Today's workout was Fit Split Kickbox Bootcamp/Legs & Glutes, 60 minutes, average heart rate 120, max heart rate 160, 378 calories, 3,787 steps. This came out to a met value of 5.9 for the calorie burn. Workout manager has it at 8.5 met 544 calories :0 I try to pay attention to met values because it helps with my own calorie burn and how to adjust the met values. I used the calorie burn between Map My Fitness and Calories burned which were really only a few calories from each other, because my Fit Bit gave me 257 calories for that 1 hour workout which is way low. If I used that I would be close to the yoga met values. It kind of irritates me. I may start pulling out a Polar device and check.
Weights today I lowered the deadlifts from 30 to 25 and the crossback from the 15 I did the last two times to 12's.
weights step is high step with 3 risers
deadlift 25#dbs 12 reps
squats 30# dbs 12 reps
rear lunge off the step 15# dbs hard to count with all of the pulses and single lifts
forward diagonal lunge 15# dbs 16 reps
push dips off the step 15# dbs 13 reps and 3 sets of 7 pulses ??
deadlift 25# dbs 12 reps
cross back slide lunge 12# dbs 7,7,3,3,3,3, 15 pulses
slide side lunge 15# db
elevated lunges 15# dbs lots of pulses didn't count them
single leg deadlifts 20# db

Debbie, I always enjoy that one :)

Checking in late today, the day got away from me!

Today I put together and all Upper Body Workout, a tri-set for each body part, 16 reps 2 times round ad I burned 321 calories.
I added leg lift types of exercises at the end to work my lower abs. I used DB's for the entire workout.

1 Arm Row- 20# x 16 ( 2 rounds of each tri-set)
DB Pullovers- 24# x 16
Wide Grip Pulldowns- 50# x 16

Bicep Curls- 12# x 16
W Bicep Curls- 12# x 16
Hammer Curls- 12# x 16

Chest Press- 20# x 16
Chest Flies- 15# x 16
Incline Chest Press- 15# x 16

Lying Triceps Ext.- 10# x 16
1 Arm Kickbacks- 8# x 16
Cross Body Ext.- 10# x 16

Seated Overhead Press- 15# x 16
1 Arm Lateral Raise- 10# x 16
Cable rear Flies- 20# x 16 (these were killer!)
Front Raise- 5# x 16

This workout was a lot of fun and it very effective. I will surely be sore tomorrow!

Debbie, nice Cardio Pump Kickboxing workout!!! I have not done that one since? Even though you were pressed for time that was a good workout.

Diane Sue, That looks like a great leg workout! Nice calorie burn too. If I did a workout like that right now I wouldn't be able to walk all week! I notice my Fitbit isn't syncing to my phone, I have to go in and do it at the end of each day. This is a new Fitbit too!

Have a nice day.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.