Hardcore Fitness Maniacs check-in for January 2018

Today I did Gym Style Back, Shoulders & Biceps and did the Back & Biceps Premix. Had another great workout, I am still very sore from Chest and Tris the other day.

Reverse Grip Dumbbell Row - 25's/2 sets/8 reps
Reverse Grip Dumbbell Row - 20's/1 sets/12 reps

Barbell Curls - 35# - 2 sets/10 reps (slow rep count, killer!)

One Arm Rows - 25#/2 sets/12 reps

Dumbbell Partial Reps
- 12's/Crazy 8's 2x's

Concentration Curls - 12# - 10 reps w/4 bonus
Concentration Curls - 15# - 8 reps

T-Band Pulls - Many reps
Pullovers - 20#/30# - 2 sets/8 rpes

Curl Up, Reverse Downs
- 12's/10 reps
Hammer Curls - 12's/10 reps + bonus

Wrist Curls - 8's - 2 sets/16 reps

Superman's - skipped
Superman's w/Twist - skipped

Workout was 36 minutes, Avg HR 122, Max 190 ???, burned 213 calories. Did not feel like my HR got up that high but the Barbell Curls about killed me so maybe...

Also did 1 mile on my treadmill. 20 minutes, burned 131 calories, went 2456 steps. Avg HR was 122, Max was 131.

Sorry I have no time for personals. Hope you all have a great day!!

Last edited:
Today's workout was Fit Split Boxing Boot camp/ legs glutes, 58 minutes, 370 calories. I used map my fitness for the calories today as my Fit Bit seems way off today and the sleep stages is not working. It may be because this morning I shut down location service and my app would not work without it on. I am not sure it had my average heart rate at 113/ max 145 which I felt was low. Map My Fitness runs off my blue tooth and watch though. This brought the workout to a 5.8 met. The workout manager has 8.5 met and 544 calories. I am almost always at least two mets lower. I used some weights heavier than Cathe. Not a lot though, 15's instead of 12's, 12's instead of 10's. I finished off with Kelly's Body Design yoga segment, 14 minutes, 34 calories.

Debbie, nice work with the Gym Styles.

No workout today, I am getting a new dishwasher installed and I am so excited. Getting new appliances is always fun!

Debbie and Diane Sue, nice workouts today.

Have a nice day, I will check back later.

Jolie, it is always fun to get new appliances. I hope that you enjoyed your rest day.

Roselyn, are you doing a Fit Split rotation? I am doing the 4 week one.

Today I did Cardio Coach 1 and had a great workout. I am really having some good workouts lately, I guess changing it up with new workouts is really helping, I am just having fun.

Workout was 36 minutes, went 2.57 miles, burned 311 calories (TM said 343) and went 5162 steps. Avg. HR was 146 and Max was 194.

I also did the Waistline workout from Home Gym by Kelly. 8 minutes but a good workout. The plank work was hard. Fun and different. Tomorrow I plan on doing one of the Home Gym workouts. Can't wait!!! I viewed them last night and they look really fun.

I am so sore from Gym Style this week!!!

Diane Sue - Which FB do you have? And mine doesn't work without location on as well and I think that is ridiculous. I don't like having my location on all the time. Nice job on your workout!

Jolie - Cool on the new appliance, I love getting new appliances as well. I'm having a kitchen cart delivered today, it looks like small island. Can't wait to get it, this will be my coffee cafe. :)

Roselyn - Great job on your workout!!

Today's workout was Kelly Coffey Build and Burn Kettlebell Kickbox fusion, 27 minutes, heart rate 129 average, 161 max, 1,694 steps. I used a 15# kettlebell with 1# gloves. I then did my rotation workout, Fit Split Pull day, 40 minutes, 203 calories, heart rate 104 average, 133 max, 1045 steps, finishing off with Fit Split bonus abs, 13 minutes, 63 calories, heart rate average 110, max 135. Total time was 67 minutes, 376 calories.
Fit Split Pull weights
one arm rows 30# x 12, 10,10 reps
pull overs on stability ball 15# dbs x 8,6,6 reps done slow
overhand row with 15# dumbbells and med loop x 10,10,10 reps
Deadlifts 50# barbell x 10, 10 reps
upright row 35# barbell 10,8,8 reps superset with rear delt flys 15# dbs x 10,8,8 reps
lateral raise 8# dbs 10,8,8 reps superset with external rotation 5# dbs x 10,6,6 reps
giant set-
barbell curls 35# 10,8,6 reps
w curls 15# dumbbells 10,8,6 reps
sweeper curls 15# dbs 10,8,6 reps
Hamstring roll ins with stability ball approximately 86 reps
regular 16,16, toes turned out 16, 4 count lift 10?, roll in pulse 7 4 times

Debbie, nice work and steps. It looks like the treadmill and FB were not too far apart. I hate having my location available for anyone who wants to check it out. I don't like that the devices need it.

Today I walked for 6 miles outside, 1 hour 55 minutes and burned 790 calories. I just took it easy and went slower than usual. I did work Biceps, super easy, sat in a chair and did Biceps curls ( 50 reps ) It was easy but I wanted to do something for my muscles. I am feeling really good today, little pain thank God!

I love my new dishwasher, I wish I would have gotten it years ago!!!!!!!

Debbie, great job on the cardio workout! I love being sore from lifting, that means your muscles are working hard! I love the Gym style workouts, that leg workout is so hard!!! I haven't done it in years...

Diane Sue, Nice workout today! You are lifting some impressive weights! How is that Kettlebell kickboxing workout? I love kickboxing when the weather is bad and you have to stay inside.

I hope you all have a wonderful day! It will be 80 degrees here the next 4 days, I am looking forward to getting outside and enjoying the sun.

Today I did Kelly's Home Gym Workout #1 and that was a really fun workout. I really enjoyed it and can't wait to do workout 2. This was a workout where you jog/run on a treadmill or any piece of cardio equipment for a minute and a half and then you do weights for 1 minute. My HR stayed up the whole time. Really fun. I stopped my TM during the weight sections, Kelly keeps hers going. I don't know why, but I don't like doing that. I also got an accurate mile reading doing it that way.

Workout was 38 minutes (only because I stayed on my TM a bit longer for the cool down), went 1.8 miles, burned 270 calories and went 4261 steps. So almost 2 miles, that is cool!!!

Diane Sue - Yes, I've noticed my calorie burn readings aren't too far apart anymore with the TM vs FB. I'm glad to see that. Nice workout yesterday, you are lifting some good weights!!!

Jolie - Nice job on taking it easy and doing an easy workout. Keep that up until you 100% recovered or you will just keep reinjuring it. I speak from experience. :)

Have great workouts everyone and a great weekend!!

Today was Fit Split Mixed Impact Cardio and I did the scrambled # 1 double cardio, 48 minutes, heart rate average 132, max 162, 4,597 steps, calories 337. I used between Map My Fitness and my calories burned calculator. Maybe I need to unpair and re pair the Fit Bit although I don't see where that will help. I shut it down this morning and charged it up. It just does not seem to be working well.

Jolie, that is great that you are feeling good today. I hope the pain stays away for you.

Debbie, I always enjoy the Home Gym Intervals workout. When I use the treadclimber I leave it running at a very slow pace. I know what you mean though about the mileage when you leave it running. I don't have that problem when I am using my spin bike though. I just jump back on. When I was staying at my daughter's house I used my spin bike and a 15# kettle bell on her patio for that workout. She had her eliptical out there too and I used it. Nice work today.

Today I walked 6 miles outside, lovely weather today! 1 hour 55 minutes and I burned 802 calories. I had gotten myself some new running shoes but sadly had to send them back. My feet were so sore and I had the worst shin splints! I ordered another pair and hopefully these will be good. My shoes are all so broken down and my feet ache, I am in need of some serious support.

Debbie, I have that dvd by Kelly... I am so glad you are enjoying your workouts! I slow my TM down to the lowest speed when I jump off and then accelerate the speed when I get back on. I hope you have a wonderful weekend and hopefully the weather warms up for you too! 85 degrees here tomorrow, I cant wait.

Diane Sue,
Another nice workout in the bag for you this week! How do you like the new Cathe workouts?

Cant wait to watch the NFL playoffs all weekend!!!!! My favorite thing to watch on TV.

Go Patriots!

Debbie, I have the Fit Bit Blaze. The waistline workout is a fun one.

Jolie, it is hard to find the right shoes when you are in need of a certain fit. I have been through that many times. Then when I find one the shoe company changes their styles and the ones I liked become extinct. I think I like the weight workouts on the new Cathe workouts. I am still on the fence on the cardio and abs. The abs are tough and almost entirely done in some fort of plank position. I like the loop portion though. The kickbox bootcamp is kind of fun. I am just not really looking forward to the cardio workouts. Shred reminds me of Ripped with Hiit Plyo but with a lot more jumping over and around the step. I don't head for the RWH plyo to often either.

I am posting my workout and need to get a shower as my son is coming over and my husband is getting ready to put the shelves in the closet that I painted last night. I may need to stain more wood. Today I started with Amy Ross You Tube workout #5 rebounding, kickbox, bodyweight 20 minutes, heart rate average 135, max 170, 129 calories, 1,680 steps. I then did the Fit Split Push only workout on my rotation, 42 minutes(10 more than the actual time) 160 calories, 903 steps, heart rate average 101, max 145. I wanted a good stretch so did The Art Of Flow Yoga with Zuzana, 46 minutes, 102 calories. I skipped some of the ending meditation stiff. I can only lie there so long and listen to someone make suggestions that are supposed to be calming and sometimes seem weird. It is probably just a me thing. I love this workout though. I always feel good afterward. She gives a lot of instruction and different levels for the poses. Total time was 1 hour 48 minutes, 391 calories.
Weights
Bench Press 20# dbs x 10,8,8 reps superset with chest flys 15# dbs 10,8,8 reps
Knee tap push ups bodyweight 10,8 reps
plyo push ups 20 reps (10 wide 10 close)
alternating close grip bench press 20# x 16 , 12,8 reps superset with lying extension 35# barbell 10, 8,8 reps
dips 35# barbell 32 reps
shoulder press 35# barbell 10,8,8 reps superset with goal post 15# dbs 10,8,8 reps
front squat 40# barbell 12,12,12 reps superset with high tight ( I used the fit tower instead of the step) 64 reps at 4 sets of 16 reps of lower and shallow
calf raises 25# dbs 48 reps

Happy Sunday! Today I walked 6 miles outside, 1 hour 50 minutes and I burned 890 calories. I walked at a very fast pace so I was huffing and puffing by the end. 85 degrees here today! I also sat in a chair with 5# DB's and did Bicep Curls, Lateral Raises and Front Raises X 50 reps each. I really felt this, amazing since it was such low weight.

Diane Sue,
nice job on the workout today, it sounds like fun! I bet you are excited to have your shelves installed, I love finishing projects around the house. I have a closet I have to do something with but not sure what I want to do yet except put in some self adhesive wall paper. Right now my son has his spear fishing equipment in it but I would like to make it a linen closet. This is where my hot water heater was before we moved it into the garage.

Have a wonderful day, I am watch football games all day long! Patriots won last night!!! I cant believe the Steelers lost today!

Jolie, it is amazing how sore muscles can get when you radically change the way you work out. When I got Suzanne Bowen's Bounce workout and first did the upper/ ab bounce segment which was around 15 minutes, I thought their weights were so light and I chose 5's which was the higher increment mentioned. My shoulders were so sore the next day. Lots of burning reps which is something I tend to want to run from. It will be a satisfying feeling when we have it all done and things put away. We need to paint the inside of the master closet. Someone had tried paint color on the wall and never painted it. It would be a huge project though because we have a huge safe in there that is not something to just slide out. I am getting kind of tired of painting right now. My sun room needs painted , but we are wanting to do a remodel in there and get rid of the glass ceiling that makes it scorching hot in summer and the room is freezing cold in the winter.

Today I did an edited version of Fit Split Low Impact cardio and Metabolic conditioning, skipping walk out planks with jacks, and mountain climbers gliding style from the cardio and squat thrust to plank an dragging plank moguls from the metabolic workout (took me longer than it was because I wrote weights) 47 minutes, 259 calories, heart rate 109 average, 153 max. I then did Suzanne Bowen's Barre Amped Bounce cardio, total body, stretch segments, 32 minutes, 194 calories, heart rate average 122/ max 169 ( I added tuck jumps and lots of jacks also followed Jess) Total time was 1 hr 19 minutes, calories burned 453 calories. I swear I saw the icons on the workout manger calendar yesterday and they are not there today. Maybe I dreamed it or something.
weights today were
upright rows 15's
rear curl press lunge 12's
push press 10's
skipped squat thrust to plank push ups
rear lunge lateral flys 15/8 #
bonus rear flys 8's
dragging planks moguls skipped
curl press triceps extensions 12's
cross back lunge curls 10's
w curls 10's
single leg iron cross 8's
deadlifts 15's
plank triceps kickback 10#
triceps push ups bodyweight
chest fly and pull over 15/10# dbs
monster walks core exercise bodyweight

I did workout this morning, I have the day off and had stuff to get done this morning. So now I'm posting my workouts.

I did Kelly's Body Shop Workout #1 and had a great workout. This was a lot of fun, I am really liking her workouts and her style. She is an excellent trainer. I love her workout studio.

10 reps each exercise unless marked differently:

Staggered Stance Single Rows – 2X’s through - 12's
Reverse Lunge - 12's
Combo Rev Lunge w/Row - 12's
Bicep Curls – 2X’s through - 12's
Single Leg Deads – 2X’s through - 12's
Combo Deadlift/Curl - 12's
Squat Outs Right/Left - 20 reps, no weight
One- Arm Shoulder Press – 3X’s through - 8#
Triceps Kickbacks – 2X’s through - 8's
Tricep Runs - 5's
Hurdles – 20 reps

Pullovers/Flyes - 12's (this was a hard transition to make, surprised me)
Bicycle – 16 reps
Pullovers/Flyes - 12's
Bicycle – 16 reps
Pullovers/Flyes - 12's

Weighted Bridges - 12#
Repeat 2 more times
Weighted Bridges Pulses - 12#

Workout was 42 minutes (Kept getting interrupted), burned 225 calories. Avg. HR was 117 and Max was 148.

Then I wanted to do some cardio and wanted to try Kelly's Tabata Boxing from Meltdown. OMG, so fun! Time flew doing this one and I really liked the moves. Makes me want to buy a cheap bag and gloves. Wonder how much those go for?

Workout was 29 minutes, burned 247 calories, went 2973 Steps. Avg. HR was 153, Max was 211. I know 211 isn't right because I'd be dead, but my HR did get high during this. Fun kickboxing workout!! Loved it!! I like that her workouts aren't high impact. Makes them fun to do. I have a fear doing Cathe's cardio anymore because she does such high impact moves all the time.

Diane Sue - I hate staining and painting. My living room needs repainting and I dread the day I have to do it! Nice workouts this weekend and today!

Jolie - Great job with your 6 mile walk. And you are so lucky it's 85 there. It was 9 degrees here when I woke up this morning. Sick of it!!!

Today I did Les Mills Combat 30 with 1 pound gloves. I love this workout. It is short but you really get a great workout. At the end I added lying Triceps Ext. with 8# DB's x 50 reps. (If I lay on a mat on the floor and do my weight work it doesn't hurt my back at all.) Workout was 40 minutes and I burned 387 calories. My average heart rate was 152 and my max was 180! I haven't kick boxed in a while so it was hard work. The tops of my thighs were burning doing all of the front kicks.

Diane Sue,
nice workout! These workouts look really great especially the premixes. You really got a nice calorie burn today as well. How did your closet turn out?

Have a wonderful day!

Debbie, you must of posted the same time I did today. Great job on the workout, that looks like a lot of fun. I haven't tried that cardio workout, I have to check it out. Today I am in shorts and a tank top, and I hate to say it sandals. We have had really no winter to speak of and you on the other hand have had plenty.

Debbie, nice workout. I really like Kelly's Body Shop. I hadn't done it for quite awhile and forgot how much I like it till I went through her workouts again recently. Most of her workouts do not have way to much impact in them. I really enjoy the boxing tabata workout. I have had a heavy bag for years. I replaced the original bag with a hundred pound one so I would get less swing out of it since it is on a freestanding stand. I originally had one of those used in a lot of the workouts videos with the sand or whatever weight in the bottom in my shopping cart and my husband bought me the freestanding one at the store for a birthday present. It has a speed bag on it as well, but I really don't use that. I have several different styles of gloves. It is really hard to push buttons on a television remote with regular boxing gloves. It is also hard to start a video and the instructor does not give time to get the gloves on. I have combat gloves from a martial arts studio that has open fingers I use at times ( I can't punch as hard or I tear up my hands. I have another pair that has the thumb free only which was the first pair I bought and they don't have velcro, you just slip them on. They work pretty well and I can push a button on the remote. I have kind of wanted to do one of the mixes Kelly has on that dvd that mixes the other workout in between the boxing tabatas. She does say it requires you to have your equipment all ready as there is not time to stop and start with the boxing. She has a heavybag boxing workout with a bit of weights blended in on her You Tube that is free. Her brother does the heavybag while she does it without.

Jolie, it is so cold here. 30 with strong winds. I hope the winds die down when I have to go out tomorrow as it is supposed to be 10 degrees in the morning with a high of 21. I can't imagine shorts and sandals this time of year. But then you really suffered through the summer months. I remember it being like that when I lived in Arizona as a child. Nice work today.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.