Hardcore check in for March 2017

Today starts the bulk phase of Body Beast. Love this phase. I did Body Beast Bulk Chest.

Super Set
Incline Fly:
15s/20s/25s - 15/12/8/8 reps
Incline Dumbbell Press: 20's/25's/30's/25's - 15/12/8/8 reps (last two sets were drop sets)

Force Set
Chest Press w/Rotation:
22's - 5 sets/5 reps no rest (adding 2#'s to this made a huge difference - tough!!)
(Killer!)

Progressive Set
Incline Press:
15's/20's/25's/25's/20's/15's - 15/12/8/8/12/15 reps

Combo Set
Close-Grip Press to Fly:
15's/17'/s/25's - 15/12/8 reps (upped the weights here too, very tough)

Multi-Set
Decline Pushups:
15/12/8 reps
Russian Twist: 30 seconds 2 sets

Workout was 31 minutes, Avg. HR was 82, Max was 108, burned 80 calories.

Then I walked 1 mile on my treadmill.

Roselyn - I will keep your dad in my prayers. So sorry to hear that. Nice workouts this weekend!

Jolie - Nice job with your workouts, that Les Mills one sounds fun. I need to look into those, however I seem stagnant with my workouts and find I don't want to use different ones. Not sure why?

Diane Sue - Nice workouts as well!! Love Amy Bento, miss doing her workouts. You guys kick butt on the weekend. I am so lazy on the weekends.

We celebrated my birthday yesterday and we went to Olive Garden. I had the chicken parmesan and was sick the minute we got back to my moms. Not puking sick, out the other end sick. That is the second time that has happened to me with that meal. I won't order it again. Still had a great birthday. Cant believe I am 51 today. Yikes!!!!

Today I did Cathe's Pyramid total body combo mix, 55 minutes, 286 calories (I used my calorie calculator as Fit Bit gave me 169 calories, Map my Fitness gave me 395 which is 1 calorie above the workout manager) I also did Ice Low Impact Sweat Workout 1 mix, 28 minutes, 191 caloreis to warm up and finished the workouts with Barre Amped Lower Body Stretch, 20 minutes, 42 calories. Total calories burned 519.
weights
Legs
squats superset with weight 30#, 40# 60#; reps 12,10,8
plié squats weight 30#, 40#, 60# ; reps 12,10,8
leg press weight 30# 40#, 50#; 12,10,8 reps
Chest flies superset with 12's, 15's. 15's; 12,10,8 reps
press 12's, 15's, 15's; 12,10,8 reps
back
pullover superset with 12'#, 15'# 20#; 12,10,8 reps
double arm rows 15's, 20's, 25's ; 12,10,8 reps
Legs
leg press 30#,40#,50#; 12,10,8 reps
lunges 20#, 40#, 50#; 12,10,8 reps
shoulders giant set
back raise seated 5's, 8's, 10's ; 12,10,8 reps
side lateral raise 5's,8's,10's ; 12,10,8 reps
front raise 5's, 8's 10's; 12,10,8 reps
Legs
barbell deadlifts 30#, 50#, 60#; 12,10,8 reps
calves bodyweight
Triceps superset
dumbbell kickbacks 8's, 10's, 12's ; 12,10,8 reps
dumbbell overhead extension 15#, 20#, 25#
Biceps superset
hammer curl 12's, 15's, 17.5's ;12,10,8 reps
biceps curl 12's 15's 17.5's ; 12,10, 8 reps

Debbie, Happy Birthday. I always loved Olive Garden. We do not go much because my husband does not care too much for Italian food. I am sorry that dish makes you sick. We went to a Restaurant called Charlestons I love their Charbroiled Salmon. I had that with Brussels sprouts, a ceasar salad, It was yummy.

Happy Birthday Debbie!!! I will be turning 51 this June myself! I cannot eat out, I always get sick. I am not sure if it is the preservatives or the sodium but I never feel good, except sushi. Sushi is so fresh so I guess that's why.

Today I walked outside. It is a beautiful spring day and I am sick of being in the house. I walked 5.3 miles and I burned 621 calories. The walk took me 1 hour and 25 minutes. I am pooped. I have gone 8 days without a rest day so tomorrow I will rest. I have to take my son to the DMV to get his drivers permit and you know how much fun the DMV can be!

Diane Sue, Incredible workout today! I am so proud of you that is one tough one! I am going to try a new recipe for a drink. 2 cups watermelon, one lemon and 1 tablespoon ginger. Blend and drink. I say it on youtube and it looks so refreshing. Sprouts has a whole bin of Turmeric so I thought I would look into doing something with it in a drink. As you know, it is great for joint pain and arthritis. I found this girl on youtube called Fully Raw Kristina and she has some great recipes. Check her out.

Debbie, Nice workout this morning. The bulk phase is my favorite as well, you really feel like you exhaust the muscle in those workouts. I would join you in that phase but I am liking what I am currently doing for my workouts. I have not been this sore in a long time. I guess my body is working hard, I am defiantly seeing results. I have gained weight again but it has to be muscle. I gave up trying to get really lean and cut, my body doesn't react well to that kink of workout. Lifting heavy and to failure seems to be the best way to exercise for my body type. And, so what if I am bulky, at least I'm in good shape! Having muscles is the new skinny!

Roselyn, I hope you had a great workout today!

Have a wonderful day!

Yesterday was Bulk Arms today back I am at doctor's office with my parents, dad has bleeding problems still so did not have time to post weights

We are an ENT right now, I think finally under control he has to go off blood thinner for a week, kind of scary, but he said hopefully inside of nose will heal, which probably just got dry from the weather, so I brought my cool mist humidifier over and hope that will help him heal

Jolie, that is a nice long walk. I use powdered organic turmeric powder daily mixed into my greens drink with cinnamon, ginger, and a bit of cayenne pepper. I saw a drink on Dr Axe site that sounded nice that was frozen cherries, lime juice, and some Perigamo water. Sort of a healthy cherry limeade. I got his Eat Dirt Book from Amazon on my Kindle app for 1.99 today and there was some decent looking recipes in it along with a lot of smoothies and drinks. I have looked at the fresh turmeric root at Sprouts. I just have never purchased it. I buy ginger root and keep it in the freezer and just cut off what I need or want to grate. I have made a lot of greens drinks using it.

Roselyn, I hope that it stays under control. Hopefully the the humidifier will help some.

Today I did Body Beast Arms. Had a great workout. Again, I changed an exercise in this one because I don't like concentration curls. Had a great workout.

Progressive Set
Standing Dumbbell Curls:
10's/12's/15's/15's/12's/10's - 15/12/8/8/12/15 reps

Single Set
Tricep Extension:
15#/20#/25#/20# - 15/12/8/8 reps (Last two sets were drop sets)

Force Set
Wide EZ Bar Curl:
25# - 5 sets/5 reps no rest

Single Set
Skull Crushers:
20#/25#/30#/25# - 15/12/8/8 reps (Last two sets were drop sets)

Progressive Set
Hammer Concentration Curls:
(do not like this exercise so I changed it to standing simultaneous hammer curls)

Progressive Set
Single Arm Kickbacks:
5#/8#/10#/10#/8#/5# - 15/12/8/8/12/15 reps

Single Set
Weighted Cruch:
8# - 30 reps

I walked on my treadmill for 1 mile.

Thanks for the birthday wishes! I had a really nice day even though I had to work.

Diane Sue - Nice workout yesterday!! How does one not like Italian food? I don't think I've ever heard that before! LOL! I'm Italian so Italian food is my staple food. Love it!!

Jolie - As long as I use Kefir in my protein drinks I'm able to eat out occasionally. The minute I stop drinking that I can't stomach foods that in restaurants. Nice job on your workout!!

Roselyn - Still praying for your dad. I hope he gets better soon.

My workout is finished. I did a Rapid Fire 3 Premix from page 1, Rock Steady Core Blast 53 minutes (this eliminates the weight section) 417 calories, followed by the Heavy Bag segment 14 minutes, 75 calories. I finished off with Z cut six pack abs workout 2 with the stretch, 27 minutes 163 calories. This is the hardest ab workout that I have, I used a 5# dumbbell. I am always sweating through this one. heart rate was 115 average/ 143 max. Total time was 94 minutes, calories burned 655.

Debbie, nice workout today. I don't know how anyone would not like Italian food. My 9 year old granddaughter gets pizza and eats the pepperoni and peels the cheese off to eat the crust. I didn't think there was anyone that doesn't like pizza. My husband will go to some friends Italian restaurant. He gets Ravioli. I swear he would probably rather have the stuff in the cans. He does not like anything with chunks of tomato in it and I am the opposite. He will eat spaghetti if I buy Hunts spaghetti sauce because it has no chunks or bits of onion in it.

Bulk Shoulders

Super Set
Lateral Raise 15,12,8 reps 8,9,11#
Arnold Press 1512,8,8(DS) 16,17,18,17#

Progressive
Upright Row 15,12,8,8,12,15 reps 35,36,38,38,36,35#

Super Set
Front Raise 15,12,8 reps9,10,11#
Plate Twist (used 10#plate with weighted gloves)

Progressive Set
Reverse Fly 15,12,8,8,12,15 9 reps ,11,12,12,11,9#

some ab work and 1 mile on treadmill this afternoon

Today is my rest day. I took my youngest son to get his drivers permit so that was exciting. My mother got sick this weekend with the flu. My dad called me first thing this morning to let me know she passed out in the kitchen while making breakfast. They took her to the hospital in an ambulance. She has a severe case of the flu. She went to the doctors yesterday and told her she just had a cold. Whatever!!! I have her staying in the hospital overnight just to be safe and she is getting and IV with some electrolytes and vitamins to boost her immune system. I am worried because their whole house is tile and if either of my parents fall, they could break something or worse hit their head.

Good job on all of your workouts today!

I am having a glass of wine in a few minutes, I have had a very stressful day.

Roselyn, great job on the weights today with Body Beast.

Jolie, that is worrisome about your mother. I think that you are wise in having her stay overnight at the hospital. I wonder why the doctors office did not catch that it was the flu? That would have been a stressful day. I will send some prayers out for your mother.

Today I did Run Fit because I needed to do cardio. I did ok with it. My endurance is gone since I haven't been doing cardio and I plan on changing that. I think I'm going to make my own Body Beast rotation using their workouts but doing two body parts a day and mix up the exercises. I will mix Bulk exercises with Build exercises and do like two or three exercises for each body part. Should be fun!! So I will make up my own BB sheets to use and go it on my own, that way I can get three days of lifting and two days of cardio. I just don't like not having cardio days. So that is my plan.

Workout today was 52 minutes, I ran 3.57 miles, burned 352 (TM said 470) and went 7310 steps.

No time for personals, but great workouts to you all for yesterday! I'll try to be back later.

Have great workouts everyone!!

Today I did Body Max 2 Timesaver Cardio Only premix, 45 minutes, 345 calories, average heart rate 146/ max 174. I then did Ice Chiseled Upper Body 43 minutes, 196 calories. Total time 88 minutes, 541 calories. The cardio came out to a little more than Cathe, I think that it was because I forgot to turn my Fit Bit on when I did the warm up so I paused the MMF app and did it all over again. Plus I had some mix ups and confusion on the premix and redid a little of it. I didn't realize that they did the bonus cardio twice at the start so I went back to look, started over doing combo 1 then changed my mind and went back to the original timesaver. Anyway, I just stopped the Fit Bit at the stretch and did it without counting it so that I was only logging the time given for that workout. I guess I am a bit OCD on some things. I should have just let it run. MMF had me at 401 calories.
Chiseled Upper Body weights
swinging military press 8's, 12 reps
triple dead row/triple upright row/shrug 15's ? reps
windmills 5's 8 reps left 8 reps right
hammer curl/clutch curl 15's 12 reps
forward tilt bent arm lateral raise 10's 12 reps 6 reps
rotational rows 15's 16 reps 16 reps
discus throw 5's 12 reps 12 reps
3 curls 1 press 10's 12 reps
triceps push up with leg lift bodyweight 16/8/4 reps
rear delt raise with leg extension 8# 12 reps 12 reps
chest fly with leg extension 12's 16 reps 12 reps
pullover extensions 2 sets 1 arm 1 set double arm 10's 12,12 8 reps
bear crawl plank walks bodyweight 8 rep s start left 8 reps start right
high plank descents bodyweight 16 reps
high plank descents wide arm body weight 8 reps
knee push ups 8 reps then a hold

Debbie, that sounds like a good plan to be able to get the cardio in and still do the workouts. Nice job today.

Today I walked outside, 85 degrees today, so I couldn't resist. I walked 5.5 miles, 1 hour 40 minutes and I burned 649 calories.

My mom is still in the hospital and I think my dad needs to go as well. My sister is with them today but she doesn't make good decisions when It comes to my parents health. Its too much of an inconvenience for her to have to wait at doctors offices or hospitals. If my dad isn't feeling better by tomorrow I will drive there and have him admitted myself. He has lost 7 pounds and he already is so skinny. He is turning 84 in May.

Diane Sue, nice workout as always.

Debbie, I love your idea about blending the two workouts. I might have to follow what your doing!

Got to run!

Iknow what you men Debbie, sometimes I do am and pm beast workouts and then I can do more days of cardio, would you mind sharing your rotation

Today was cardio for me Cardio Slam

Today I did Body Beast Bulk Shoulders. Had great workout. Shoulders were fried after this one. Went up a bit in weights.

Super Set
Lateral Raise:
5's/8's/10's - 15/12/8 reps
Arnold Press: 10's/12's/15's/10's - 15/12/8/8 reps (last two sets were drop sets)

Progressive Set
Upright Row:
20#/30#/35#/35#/30#/20# - 15/12/8/8/12/15 reps

Super Set
Alternate Front Raise:
5's/8's/10's - 15/12/8 reps
Plate Twist Twist: 11# plate - 3 sets/10 reps

Progressive Set
Reverse Fly:

Super Set
Superman Stretch:
10 reps (did these today)
Plank Twist Twist: 2 sets/30 seconds

Walked 1 mile on my treadmill.

Workout was 35 minutes, Avg. HR was 83, Max was 132 and burned 100 calories. At least this time I broke 100 calories.

Nice workouts everyone!! Have a great one today as well! Once again, I'm running late.

Today is a rest day for me. I did not sleep well and had a lot to do today. I am taking this week as my recovery week, I haven't had one in a long time. I might just walk and give my muscles a break from the weights.

Have a fabulous day!

Today I did Ice Chiseled Lower body with the blizzard blast 65 minutes,395 calories. I used mostly 15# dumbbells, a few exercises with 12's, and a couple of cardio segments I stayed with Cathe's 8#. I then put in Z Cut Six Pack Power Abs and did 8 minutes of the 26 minute workout. I forgot why I hardly do that one. A lot of cardio in it like skates, push ups and plank moves, I did the first set of the exercises and when she started the second round I moved on to the next group of exercises. I ended up stopping at the planks where you jump up off the floor. That one really hurts the wrists and shoulders. Total workout was 73 minutes, 441 calories burned. My Suzanne Bowen Bounce workout came a little while ago. I will have to check some of it out in the morning. Hopefully I have time for a workout. We have an appointment in the morning so I have to get up early.

Debbie, I liked that my Beach Body Barbell had a 10 # plate that had holes like a handle to hold it for the plate twist move. Good for you doing the superman stretch.

Jolie, I keep thinking that I need to take a rest day or two. But, then I know there are going to be days that require me to take time off coming up. We have some remodeling stuff we want to do. Not getting enough sleep just sets a person up for not recovering well and it does not help with looking at things in a positive way. I was looking at my sleep patterns on my Fit Bit for the times I have been wearing it to bed. I rarely have had a week with more than 6 hours of sleep. I even had a couple of weeks with two and three hours a lot of the week. The best I did was after I had pretty much recovered from surgery, but was only working out lightly. I had some 7 and 8 hour sleep nights. I felt pretty energetic then.

Jolie, how are your parents doing? I would imagine that alone would be enough of a stressor to keep you from sleeping well.

Roselyn, good job getting the workout in even if you didn't post weights. I didn't post mine today because the way Ice Lower Body is set there is no work sheet. A lot of cardio and jumping alternated with weight work. It would take a lot to write it all down.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.