Hardcore check in for March 2017

Today I did Body Beast Arms. Had a great workout. I changed an exercise in this one because I don't like concentration curls. Had a great workout.

Progressive Set
Standing Dumbbell Curls:
10's/15's/20's/20's/12's/10's - 15/12/8/8/12/15 reps

Single Set
Tricep Extension:
15#/20#/25#/20# - 15/12/8/8 reps (Last two sets were drop sets)

Force Set
Wide EZ Bar Curl:
25# - 5 sets/5 reps no rest

Single Set
Skull Crushers:
15#/20#/30#/25# - 15/12/8/8 reps (Last two sets were drop sets)

Progressive Set
Hammer Concentration Curls:
10's/12's/15's/15's/12's/10's - 15/12/8/8/12/15 reps
(do not like this exercise so I changed it to standing simultaneous hammer curls)

Progressive Set
Single Arm Kickbacks:
5#/8#/10#/10#/8#/5# - 15/12/8/8/12/15 reps

Single Set
Weighted Cruch:
5# - 30 reps

I forgot to tell you all that I have been doing sets of planks after work while I watch General Hospital. Doing 5 sets of 30 seconds this week.

I walked on my treadmill for 1 mile.

I will try to come back for personals, I am running late. Nice workouts yesterday, everyone!!!

Today I worked Triceps, Deadlifts for legs and ABS. I had to forego the cardio because my foot is sore today and I did not want to push it. I burned 177 calories. I did walk my dog like I do everyday and my foot was ok but I want to rest it for tomorrow. After the walk my calorie burn was 357.

Lying Ext.-
15# x 12, x 10, x 8
12# x 8 DSet

Cross Body Lying Ext.-
12# x 12, x 10, x 8
10# x 8 DS

1 Arm Kickbacks
10# x 12, x 10, x 8
8# x 8 DS

Deadlifts, slight bend in the knee-
45# BB x 12, x 12, x 10, x 8

ABS

Crunches x 20
Scissor kicks x 20
Oblique twists x 20
Bicycles x 20
Alt. scissor kicks x 20
Ball crunch with raising alt knees x 20
Crunches x 20

Debbie- Nice Arm workout today! Also, good job on doing planks at night when watching tv. I try to do some abs if I am watching something too! Why not!

Diane Sue, Nice workout!!! I think I am going to do Body Beast Total Body again soon. I don't do the pull ups, I do pull downs instead. I couldn't do a pull up because my shoulder could never take it! I like the calorie burns you get doing a total body workout, but they kick my butt.

Roselyn, nice Workout! How are your parents doing? Also, how is your hand healing?

Have a nice day.

Thanks for asking about my hand Jolie, it is healing, I have no feeling in that part of my palm and it hurts around the scar sometimes there is a big knot there that will probably be there , but no surgery is a good thing.

today was bulk back

Pull Over
15,12,8,8, reps 20,22,23,22#
Pull Ups 3 sets of 10 (with band)

Reverse Grip Row
15,12,8,8,12,15 reps 40,46,46,46,45,40

One Arm Row force set
5 reps 5 x 20# (should have went heavier on this )

Deadlift
15,12,8,8, 20,22,23,22#

Reverse Fly
15,12 10 and 11 #

Plank Rotations

Today I did Body Blast series, Step Blast, 55 minutes, 425 calories. I then did Step Jump and Pump Step only premix, 26 minutes, 172 calories. 81 minutes, 597 calories. I think I have been under some stress with so many things here at once. My heart rate was way up there for a high on Step Blast Fit Bit had it at 189 and SJP had it at 178. That is the high point. Average was 149 and 137.. This is not the norm for me. I got up this morning and the phone and Fit Bit said it was an hour later than it should have been. So I went to change the time and get the Bluetooth paired again and the internet was not working. So, that is how the morning started :confused: I got it fixed though. Then I went to the store and forgot some items I needed. My husband brought some sample items from some women at work to try and see if I want to order from them. He said a one lady's items were organic. I tried to eat the bar as it said coconut on it. One bite and I knew it was soap:eek: Hopefully all is better tomorrow. I have to take the other phone to the post office. I am thinking they should have cleared it out and saved my stuff for me as it seems to be working fine with the default apps only on it now. I have been looking up passwords and log ins for everything I moved to the phone they sent me. What a pain!! I can't find my call protect that I had on my other phone that was a free ATT item. This afternoon I finally just put on music and sang while doing some cleaning and managed to let go of some steam :) I am sure that sounds weird but between that and playing around on the piano working on some easy music I have been trying to learn was relaxing. Also, I am wondering since we have a much better internet signal if that is why my Fit Bit is reading higher numbers. The calories matched up with other options as well. Well, not MMF. It was way to high on the step workout setting. I should have just used cardio. I swear settings make a difference. Oh, I forgot steps during workout was 8,642. I now have almost 12,000. This is great for me.

Debbie, good idea doing planks watching your show. My husband swears by isolation holds for the abs. He has been doing well with his workouts lately. I am proud of him. I would die doing 100 reps with 25's double arms. He said it has got too easy. I don't expect to have that kind of strength though.

Jolie, I find I have to give my knee a break here and there with workouts as well as the shoulder and neck on the left side. Right now I would imagine trying to do pull ups I would feel and hear all kinds of crackling and movement in my neck and shoulder. I am wary of too much on the traps. Good job today.

Roselyn, you got in some good weights today. Nice work.

Today I did Body Beast Bulk Legs. Had a really good workout, love this one. That Eric guy is annoying, though. I was hoping I'd have enough time to do a quick cardio coach but this workout is 40 minutes. So no go there. Hoping I can get a run in this week.

Single Set
Front to Back Lunge:
10's/12's/15's - 15/12/8
(I did static lunges. These types of movement lunges bothers my knees)

Progressive Set
Dumbbell Squats:
12's/15's/20's/20's/15's/12's - 15/12/8/8/12/15 reps

Force Set
Full to 1/2 Sumo Squat:
25# - 5 sets/5 reps no rest

Progressive Set
Split Squat w/Bar:
20#/30#/35#/35#/30#/20# - 15/12/8/8/12/15 reps

Super Set
Stiff Leg Deadlift:
20's/25's/27's/20s - 15/12/8/8 reps (Last two sets were drop sets)
Alternate Side Squats: 10#/12#/15# - 15/12/8 (I did wide stance squats, knees don't like this one)

Super Set
Calf Raises:
25's - 1 set/50 reps
Beast Abs: 1 set spelling the word BEAST
Only did this once because I wanted to get on my treadmill

Then I walked on my treadmill for 1 mile.

Jolie - Hope your foot gets better. I hate when my feet hurt.

Diane Sue - Sounds like you had a rough day yesterday! Nice workout, though, love SJ&P, miss doing it.

Roselyn - Nice workout with back, I'm doing that one tomorrow. I'm glad you are posting your weights. :)

Have great workouts everyone!!!

Today I did Shoulders, Leg Curls, Treadmill and the Elliptical. I burned 619 calories. My average heart rate was 122 and my max was 172. I haven't been on the Elliptical in a while and it just about killed me. I am going to do it more, its a great calorie burner.

Seated Shoulder Press DB-
20# x 15, x 12, x 10
15# x 10

1 Arm Lat Raiser-
12# x 12, x 10, x 10
10# x 10

Front Raise DB-
10# x 12, x 10, x 8
8# x 8

Rear Flies-
12# x 12, x 10, x 8
10# x 8
8# x 8

Treadmill, 7.0 incline, 1.05 miles, 20 minutes
Elliptical, Interval mode (5/6) 1.5 miles, 15 minutes, 2500 steps

Leg Curls, 25# x 15, x 13, x 12, x 11

I kept my Fitbit running for another 20 minutes after my workout and I burned an additional 120 calories just cooling down. That is the benefit of HIIT training, keeps your calories even after the workout.

Debbie, great leg workout today. That is a tough one, I don't think I could have walked on the treadmill afterwards!

Diane Sue, I hope you have a better day tomorrow! I had a day like that on Sunday, I almost sat down and cried. I am glad to see that you know how to turn things around for yourself. I sometimes get a high heart rate like that too when I am stressed or tired. weird. Have a nice
day.

Roselyn
, nice back workout today! I love that you are posting your weights.

Today I did Ripped with Hiit Circuit Lower Body Extreme premix, 57 minutes, 517 calories, heart rate 128 avg. 161 max. I did Cathe's weights except the side lunges she did with 8# I used 10# the first time and the second time 12#. The highest weights in this is 25's for the deadlifts and a 40# barbell. I went back out and picked up things I missed and sent off the phone since mine replacement seems pretty well set up. I am kind of thinking that I would like to do Les Mills Pump for my total body workout this week. I will see how I feel when in a couple of days.

I thought that I posted this earlier and just came back and saw I had not posted.

Jolie, I am much better today. Last night I made gluten free natural sugar molasses ginger cookies and I made so many mistakes. I put the dough in the refrigerator to chill and thought is seemed odd and I forgot the sugar. Then I realized when I made the substitution to white rice flour and almond flour, because my buckwheat was stale, I had put in too little. I ended up adjusting, adding the coconut sugar and doubling the crazy recipe and wondered why I even started it after the rest of the day. I baked part of it and left the rest for this morning. I am sorry that you had one of those days Sunday. I think we all get those sometimes. Late nights and lack of sleep has not helped. I always find even doing a yoga workout or some other work after a hiit workout that my calorie burn is higher than any other time.

Debbie, nice work on legs today. Those off days happen :) I thought the other packet of mango something that I got with the soap was some sort of sauce to try. Seriously, I had my daughter look at the soap wrapper that said go nuts coconut chunk. It sounded like something edible. She found in small print on the back that it said to lather so I guess I missed that part. In some way it was kind of funny.

Today I did Body Beast Bulk Shoulders. Had great workout. I love working shoulders and this one is a fun workout.

Super Set
Lateral Raise:
5's/8's/10's - 15/12/8 reps
Arnold Press: 10's/12's/15's/10's - 15/12/8/8 reps (last two sets were drop sets)

Progressive Set
Upright Row:
20#/25#/30#/30#/25#/20# - 15/12/8/8/12/15 reps

Super Set
Alternate Front Raise:
5's/8's/10's - 15/12/8 reps
Plate Twist Twist: 10# plate - 3 sets/10 reps

Progressive Set
Reverse Fly:
8's/10's/12's/12's/10's/8's - 15/12/8/8/12/15 reps

Super Set
Superman Stretch:
Skipped
Plank Twist Twist: 2 sets/30 seconds

Walked 1 mile on my treadmill.

Workout was 35 minutes, Avg. HR was 80, Max was 115 and burned 97 calories. Really? I didn't even break 100?

Diane Sue - I can't believe you ate soap. That's funny!!! It sure did sound, good, though!!! LOL!! Nice calorie burn yesterday, dang!!! Good job with your workout!

Jolie - Nice shoulder work, you had a great workout. Lifting some heavy weights there!!!

Roselyn - Hope you had a great workout yesterday!!

Today I started with Powerstrike 5 warm up and punches only. I used 1 pound gloves. I burned 130 calories. That's a nice way to start your workout and get your heart pumping. Next I did biceps using Drop Sets again.

Barbell Curls- (need to go heavier next time)
30# x 12, x 12, x 12
25# x 12
20# x 12

Seated Conc. Curls-
20# x 12, x 10, x 8
15# x 8
12# x 8

Preacher Curls-
15# x 12, x 10, x 8
12# x 8

Hammer Curls- (need to go heavier next time)
15# x 12, x 12, x 12
12# x 12
10# x 12

Cardio-
Treadmill with a steep incline, 40 minutes, 2.15 miles

Leg Extensions-
50# x 24
60# x 13, x 12, x 11, x 10, x 10
50# x 12 TF, x 12 TF

Workout was 1 hour and 35 minutes and I burned 832 Calories! My average heart rate was 122 and my max heart rate was 175. I had to really workout to finish the 2 miles uphill on the treadmill today.

Diane Sue and Debbie,
I previewed Body Max 2 while I was walking and boy does that look tough. I could never do the step workouts because I get too dizzy but the weight work looks fantastic. I think I will incorporate the squats and other leg exercises into my workout tomorrow. There are a lot of pulses and low ends. Cathy looks so good in this dvd. I want to look like that, lean and mean! I think I like the older workouts more than the newer ones, I do not like a lot of compound exercises it is hard to balance and hard on the joints. Also, you cant lift as heavy.

Nice workout today ladies!!!!!!!!! We are killing it.
I cant seem to loose one pound but I am defiantly getting firm. Since going into Menopause my body fat has gone up a lot and I cant seem to get it to go away. Hopefully this is just a phase in my life.

Roselyn, I hope you have a great workout today!

Yesterday was Bulk Shoulders
Lateral Raise
15,12,8 reps 8,9,10#

Arnold Press
15,12,8,8, 15,16,17,16#

Upright Row Progressive Set
15,12,8,8,12,15 30,35,40,40,35,30#

Alt Front Raise
15,12,8 9,10,11
Plate twist
3 sets of 10 used 10#plate plus weighted gloves

reverse fly progressive set
15,12,8,8,12,15 8,10,12,12,10,8

Today was Bulk Chest
Incline Fly
15,12,8 21,22,23#
Incline Press
15,12,8,8 21,22,23,22#

Chest Press with rotation
5 sets of 5 22#

Inlcine Press
15,12,8,8,12,15 40,45,46,46,45,40 (barbell)

Close Grip Press to Fly
15,12,8 16,17,18#

Decline Pushups

russian twist
plank

Today I did Kelly Coffey's Amped Up Cardio Live workout #2, 30 minutes, 203 calories, heart rate 135 average/ 164 max. I then did Les Mills Combat Power Kata, 44 minutes, 340 calories, heart rate average 145/ max 184?? I finished with Strong and Sweaty bonus abs, 14 minutes, 67 calories. Total time 88 minutes, 610 calories. 7005 steps. I am almost ready to pass my 10,000 steps mark again.
We have been going over carpeting and flooring. We want to do some remodeling and put in new carpet and flooring and paint the interior walls in all rooms but the upstairs bath and kitchen which we have recently done. It will be a lot of work, but we will enlist our grandson's help. They will appreciate making some extra money. Will have to come up with some sort of scaffolding or something for those lower level to upper level ceiling walls and the stair area. We bought a new garbage disposer today. Ours has started leaking out of the bottom. A week ago it just fell out of the sink. I was standing there running water and my feet got wet.
I discovered last night that I can have my cell phone remain unlocked as long as my Fit Bit is within 100 feet. That is great for me. I hate having to unlock it every time I go to pick it up.

Debbie, I am not a fan of the superman type moves but I make myself do some of them. It is good for the posterior side of workouts. I always find the different names for moves on the Beach body workouts interesting. I guess most of the instructors have different names for basic moves.

Jolie, I agree on the compound moves. They are uncomfortable and not good moves to pick up much weight with and keep decent form to avoid injury. But, they do seem to burn more calories. Cathe does look very lean and muscular in her older workouts. I love both Body Max workouts. I have taken just the power lower body weight segments from both and combined them together. There are some good premixes on Body Max 2. You can do a double on the upper body and get in a 44 minute upper body workout. The abs are really good too. Is it the pivots and turns on step that make you dizzy ? Or is it just the height and balance. Some workouts do not have a lot of turns in them and if it is height you could just use the step by itself. Actually my granddaughter 9, did Party Rockin step with me, but did the moves on the floor. Do you have the deluxe workouts from Les Mills Combat? I was just reviewing the plyo one and hiit one this morning. I decided after myRipped with Hiit Circuit Extreme leg workout yesterday that maybe that was not for me today.

Roselyn, nice weights on the shoulder work. You are Rockin it ;) How many weeks into Body Beast are you now?

Today I did Body Beast Bulk Back. Had a great workout. Was careful because my upper back is really tight.

Super Set
Pull-Over:
20#/25#/30#/25# - 15/12/8/8 reps (Last two sets were drop sets)
Pull-Up: 3 sets/10 reps (I used my Blue bands)

Progressive Set
Reverse Grip EZ Bar Row:
25#/30#/35#/35#/30#/20# - 15/12/8/8/12/15 reps

Force Set
One Arm Row:
25#/20# - 5 sets/5 reps no rest (had to drop in weight, this was tough)

Single Set
Deadlift:
15's/20's/25's/20's - 15/12/8/8 reps (Last two sets were drop sets)

Super Set
Reverse Fly:
8's/10's - 15/12 reps
Plank Rotation: 5# - 30 seconds 2 sets

I walked 1 mile on my treadmill at a 3% incline and fairly fast pace.

Jolie - I don't know I even have BM2? I'll have to see. Those older workouts of Cathe's were better, IMO. I love them still. I don't care much for the compound movements either. In fact, I avoid those types of workout.

Diane - I should do more superman moves, I just worry about my upper back. It seems like that movement really bothers me. Maybe I'll try the again but do it carefully.

Roselyn - Nice workouts!! I'm really enjoying BB again. I REALLY wish they'd put another out. I'm actually surprised they haven't.

Have a great weekend everyone!!!

Let me start our by saying I am tired today. I had a kick butt workout yesterday and walked over 20,000 steps too! Then, I got a poor nights sleep on top of it so I am starting out dragging today. I did Back using drop sets and added Deadlifts and ABS. Workout was 45 minutes and I burned 315 calories. My average heart rate was 115 and my max was 163.

BB Rows-
50# x 12, x 10, x 8
45# x 8
40# x 8

1 Arm Rows-
30# x 12, x 10, x 8
25# x 8
20# x 8

1 Arm Horizontal Rows-
20# x 12, x 10, x 8 (could go heavier next time)
15# x 8
12# x 8

Rear Flies-
12# x 12, x 10, x 8
10# x 8
8# x 8

Deadlifts-
45# x 15, x 13, x 12, x 10

ABS- my own workout

I am so sore this week! The drop sets with no rest in between each set is killer. I like it and the workouts go faster this way.

Debbie, great back workout today. I should do pullovers but they really irritate my shoulder. I like doing the single arm pullovers, I can go lighter and still get a good workout. I am not sure why I didn't put those in my workout today, I guess I am brain dead!

Diane Sue, Nice workout! I don't like Les Mills power kata as much as the other workouts because it moves a little slower and there seem to be some weird movements that just don't make sense to me. I love to take bits and pieces of each workout and make one really good workout. I am going to start painting my house as well. It will kill me but it is needed badly. I think I am just going to stick with the same color so It isn't a problem If I takes me a long time to finish. No one will know the wiser! I made some spa water yesterday and it is so good. I want to drink more water but it gets boring so I looked up some recipes on YouTube and they are great. I use alkaline water with it and It is so good. I put in lemons, limes, mint and cucumber today. Tomorrow I am going to make one using watermelon, cucumber and mint. I also say a drink in the blender where you use watermelon, 2 cups, a lemon and 1 teaspoon raw ginger.

Roselyn,
I hope you had a great workout!

Have a wonderful day!

Today I did Les Mills Pump Extreme, 61 minutes, 343 calories followed by Les Mills Hardcore, 15 minutes, 60 calories. Total time was 77 minutes, 403 calories. I really think as tough as Les Mill Pump is it should have had a better calorie burn. only gave me 167 for that hour of work. Obviously, I did some figuring to come up with a calorie burn based on the past burns with Polar. Map my Fitness using the body pump setting was 560 calories which never makes since to me since it is using the Fit Bit heart rate. I was getting my heart rate up and Les Mills Pump is a non stop workout. Sort of the format of Power Hour but I think more difficult I think. I was going to add a little cardio but I am just too tired today. I haven't slept much in the last week. I think it is catching up to me.
Weights each track being from 4-6 minutes long with non stop movement till the brief beak between track.
track 1 legs 40# barbell
chest 25#barbell (this one always gets to me before 4 and a half minutes is up)
legs and back 35# barbell( I like the mixture of squats, rows, and clean and press and deadlifts with this)
triceps 10# dumbbell (they use a weight plate)
biceps- 25# barbell (those bottom end reps are tough)
lunge- lunges and squats 35# barbell
shoulders- 8'2, 5's and a 25# barbell for upright row and overhead press
abs no weight( I like the abs on Revolution better than the extreme disc)

Debbie, I think it was you that used to use just the Upper body portion of Body Max 2 and the abs years ago. I am finding that I am getting much higher calorie burns of the older workouts. It always seemed my definition was better too.

Jolie, I always felt like Power Kata had a bit more of the kicking sequences in it over boxing moves. I always had my favorites of these. Yes, there are a few sequences that are a bit uncomfortable going from move to move. I hate when I am stumbling around on the wrong foot or not getting a really good punch in something because I am still trying to get my footing. I was just remembering the Kickboxing on P90X3 and was thinking how I liked it except Tony gets me turned around on which is left and which is right because he does not take into account that I am facing him.
Maybe your boys can help you paint? I am sure that we will get some help but there is a lot of high wall to cover. There is a lot of flooring to be done as well. Between the kitchen , dining room, master bath and living room, we have a lot of work ahead of us .

Bulk Legs

Front to back lunge (for some reason I hate these)
12,10,8 reps 13,14,15#

Squat
15,12,8,8,12,15 reps 21,23,25,25,23,21#

Full to 1/2 sumo
5 reps 5x 25#

Split Squat
15,12,8,8,12,15 reps 30,35,40# right and left

Stiff Deadlift
15,12,8,8 25,28,30,28
Alt. side Lunge
10 reps 3x 12,13,15#

Calf Raise
50 reps 2X 31#

I wish they would make another as well debbie I do love the program I usually stop after bulk phase but not this time, i am determined to stay focused, I start looking at other workouts but people get great results, maybe with you doing it I will stay accountable. so help me girl.

So my mom called me this morning and we had to take my poor dad to er, he had a nosebleed that would not stop it was HORRIBLE so it is from his med Eloquist (blood thinner) since his aorta is widening and will eventually tear this keeps his stroke risk down now (they will not operate on aorta, his age against him, he actually had a torn aorta 20 years ago and it was a miracle then most don't make it to the er with that) so they packed the nose and that comes out monday, if it starts again back we go, so could use some prayers.

Great workouts as usual girls!!

Roselyn, I will be praying for your Dad. It is too bad meds help one thing but often cause some other problem when they have to be used long term. blood thinners are tough to deal with when it comes to needing surgery and some procedures. I do not care for the front back lunges either. It is too hard to heavy up with those.

Today I did URX-MT Amy Bento Kickbox Metabolic Intervals and 15 minutes of Patrick Goudeau Metabolic Strength Intervals, 68 minutes, 484 calories. I then did P90X3 yoga, 30 minutes, 64 calories. Total time 98 minutes, 548 calories. Max heart rate was 166. Celebrating our anniversary tomorrow since my husband will be working on Monday.

Today I did Les Mills Extreme Warrior Workout Live. This was an awesome workout. I am not sure why I haven't done this workout more in the past. I used 1 lb gloves. After the kickboxing workout I did Squats 30# bb x 20, x 20 and Finished with Warrior Slide Back Body Weight Lunges. 2 sets of 10 reps. I burned 554 calories, average heart rate 124 and max was 174.

Roselyn, I am sorry to hear that about your dad. I will pray for him! Nice leg workout by the way.

Diane Sue, nice workout. I don't think I have done any of those workouts you did today. Good job!

Jolie, that live workout is my favorite Less Mills Combat workout. Nice work today. The URX-MT workouts are the Urban Rebounding extreme workouts that use the rebounder. I really like them a lot. Some of the jumping off and on the rebounder is tough though. I used two and 3 lb sand weights and sometimes subbed dumbbells because wrapping my hands around the sand weights hurts my joints if I hold them too long.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.