Hardcore check in for March 2017

Roselyn, I think that I will probably get the new workouts. I am sure that they will be good. How do you like Cardio Slam?

Today I did Cardio Coach 1 and then did abs from SJ&P. Had an ok workout. Woke up with a headache so didn't feel like doing much.

Workout was 36 minutes, ran 2.41 miles, burned 255 calories (TM said 331) and went 4980 steps.

Waiting to get picked up to go to a conference so no time for personals. Nice workouts yesterday everyone and have great workouts today!!!

Shoulders

Press
17,18,20,18 lbs 15,12,8,8,

Lateral Raise
10,11,12 15,12,8

Upright Row
35,36,38,36 15,12,8,8

EZ bar Underhand
28,30,32 15,12,8

Front Raise
12,13,15 15,12,8 reps

Rear Delt Raise
12,13,15 15,12,8 reps

Standing Shrug
30,31,33 15,12,8,8

I did face pulls instead of scap trap

Sagi Six way
5,6# 12,8 reps

Some ab work

Today was a rest day for me. I had so much to do today I had to get started early. I am sore from yesterdays workout and that makes me happy. I am going to do it again this week along with some cardio.

Nice workout everyone!

Today was a rest day. I had two of the younger grandchildren overnight and my youngest was not feeling well. I stayed up till he was asleep and got up early with my husband. I thought I might do it later but it was just one of those days of phone calls and chores even after they left this afternoon. I spent some time trying to troubleshoot my cellphone to no avail. I really hate going to ATT and waiting to get something fixed.
I could just factory reset it and start over but what a hassle.

Debbie, I bet with that step count that the treadmill was more correct than the Fit Bit.

Roselyn, nice work on the weights today.

Jolie, I hope the rest day went well. I think I will do a boot camp or circuit that will get in some weights and cardio tomorrow. I would like to do total body beast myself.

Today I did Body Beast - Build: Shoulders. Had a great workout and went up again in weight on some exercises but not by much. Really felt this one.

SHOULDERS
Single Set
Dumbbell Shoulder Press:
12's/15's/20's/12's - 15/12/8/8 reps (last two sets were drop sets)

Super Set
Lateral Raise:
8's/10's/12's - 15/12/8 reps
ss w/
Upright Row: 25#/30#/35#/30# - 15/12/8/8 reps (last two sets were drop sets)

Giant Set
EZ Bar Underhand Press:
20#/25#/30# - 15/12/8 reps
1, 1, 2 Front Raise: 5's/8's/10's - 15/12/8 reps
Rear Delt Raise: 10's/12's/15's - 10/12/8 reps

Super Set
Dumbbell Shrugs:
15's/25's/30's/25's - 15/12/8/8 reps (last two sets were drop sets)
ss w/
Dumbbell Scrap Trap: Skipped - These hurt my upper back

Super Set
Sagi Six-Way:
3's/5's - 12/8 reps
ss w/
Tuck & Roll:
2 sets/15 reps

Workout was 38 minutes, 85 average HR, 132 Max HR, 125 calories burned.

Walked on my treadmill for 1 mile as well. :)

Diane Sue - Not sure on that. I can't set my treadmill with my age/height/weights so I don't know how it would know what calories I'm burning. I do, however, think I burn more than what my FB show.

Jolie - Hope you enjoyed your rest day!! Glad you are sore!

Roselyn - Nice shoulder workout, love that one!!

Have great workouts everyone!!!

Today I did cardio. I started with Les Mills Combat 30 Kickstart and finished with Extreme Cardio Fighter the kicks segment and the last punching segment of the workout. I wore 1 pound gloves for the entire workout. I burned 501 calories and my max heart rate was 184. This is a tough workout but it is getting easier each time I do it. I took time to stretch today because my hamstrings and hip flexors are getting a little tight. I should incorporate some yoga into my workouts. Tomorrow I am thinking about doing Body Beast Total Body workout again.

Debbie, nice shoulder workout. I love that workout, I swear I have done it 100 times. Shoulders are my very favorite body part to work. I am still sore from my workout on Tuesday, that is a tuff one!

Diane Sue, I will be back later to check out your workout you did today. I haven't signed up for Les Mills on demand yet because I am having internet issues at my house and I don't want to pay for it if I have trouble getting the workouts. I am definitely doing it, I want to do more of the Combat workouts.

Roselyn, great shoulder workout!!! I bet you are feeling it today.

Have a great day!

Today, I did Ice Boot camp Circuit with blizzard blast mix, 57 minutes, 355 calories. My grandson 6 came for awhile. I spent the afternoon at my daughter's house visiting. My husband met us later and we went for Chinese food in our favorite restaurant where she lives. I just finished making Gertie some dog treats. We are almost out. I did not get anything done with my phone yet. Maybe tomorrow. I am to tired to mess with something like that. I would probably find myself trying to put all of my stuff back on it and staying up half the night.

Deb, great work increasing some weights again. I am not fond of shrugs and things that hit the traps. That is where a lot of my pain radiates from when I am not careful. The other methods I use pretty much take into consideration weight and fitness level. Still, I find each has discrepancy's . I think that Map my Fitness also takes into consideration they type of workout you are doing. I can get different burns on the same workout from one time to another depending on whether I log it as stretch and strength (a bit lower) or yoga (higher) The same goes for aerobic being lower than martial arts. I have tested it with the same kickboxing workout using one or the other of those settings. How can everything use the same weight, heart rate, fitness level but have different burns? I still feel that you had to have more calories than the Fit Bit too. My Tread Climber and the Nautilus Treadmill that I used to have both have a place to put your weight and stuff in them. The spin bike doesn't though. I am not sure how it figures it out since it is not hooked up with a monitor. It usually is pretty close though. Maybe it is just a coincidence.

Jolie, great kickboxing workout mix. I used my 1.5 ounce gloves when I did Rapid Fire Tuesday. I can still feel it in my shoulders. It is definitely not fun trying to stream when the internet is not working well. Ours seems to go through phases of working well for awhile and not working. When tested it always says excellent, even when it is not working.

Roselyn, I always like to see what you ladies lift. Nice work today.

Today was supposed to be Build Legs but decided to do Cardio Coach 3 instead. Should have probably went with Build because my run sucked. This is weird but my HR was up in the 160's the entire time I was doing this workout (except when I was in between challenges). I never get to 160 much anymore so not sure what that was all about. It certainly didn't feel like my HR was that high. I am tired today, though, and have a headache. I hope I'm not coming down with something. I just wasn't with it today.

Workout was 40 minutes, went 2.7 miles, burned 304 calories (TM said 356) and went 5563 steps.

Diane Sue - Nice workout. What happened to your phone? I hate when my phone acts up. Seems it happens usually after updates so I don't do updates anymore.

Jolie - Nice workout, yesterday, sounds like fun. I also love working shoulders and really love the Build Shoulders workout. Looking forward to doing Bulk next week, that one is good too.

Roselyn - I also like when we all list weights. It's nice to see what we lift. Nice job!

OMG is all I can say about my workout today! I did Body Beast Total Body and added more exercises at the end because I had time and I thought the workout needed it. Two set of each exercise x 15 reps and they are incorporated into rounds, four exercise per round. No rest in between except for a quick set up. This will kick your butt!

Round 1
Wide Grip Pull Downs- 50# x 15, x 15
Pushups on Toes- x 15 on knees x 15
Squats BB- 30# x 15, x 15
ABS Crunches- x 20, x 20

Round 2
Incline Chest Press DB- 20# x 15, x 15
BB Rows- 40# x 15, x 15
Leg curls20# x 15, x 15
ABS- Bicycles x 20, x 20

Round 3
Shoulder Press DB- 15# x 15, 12# x 15
Rear Delt Flies- 12# x 15, x 15
Deadlifts BB- 40# x 15, x 15
ABS Lying Oblique twists- x 20, x 20

Round 4
Bicep Curl Ups Hammer Down- 15# x 15, x 15
1 Arm Triceps Kickbacks- 10# x 15, x 15
Leg Extensions- 50# x 15, x 15
ABS- Leg Lifts alternating with arms- x 20, x 20

Round 5 Extra
BB Bicep Curls- 35# x 15, x 15
Lying Triceps Ext DB- 12# x 15, x 15
Squats BB- 30# x 16, x 15
Leg Ext- 50# x 16, x 15
1 Arm Lateral Raise- 10# x 15, x 15
W Curls- 12# x 15, x 15
1 Arm Rows- 20# x 15, x 15
Hammer Curls- 15# x 15, x 15
Leg Curls- 20# x 15, x 15
ABS Crunches ,20 x 20
ABS Scissor Kicks x 20
Sit up with a twist using 8# DB x

Workout was 1 hour and 30 Minutes and I burned 585 Calories! Average heart rate was 117 and Max Heart Rate was 154.

I am dead! This is the best workout I have done in a long time.

Debbie, watch out about getting sick, everyone around here has had it and it is bad. Get some rest this weekend so your immune systems doesn't crash. Good job on the workout today! My heart rate always gets that high when I am doing cardio! I did some legs again today so I should be moving slow tomorrow. I haven't done much legs in the last year so I get sore easily. I do like doing them, just not an entire workout dedicated to them. Too much of a dread factor for me.

Diane Sue, Nice Workout! I haven't done that entire workout, just bits and pieces of it. I love Chinese food but never get to go. My husband doesn't care for it so I guess we just never go when we eat out which is rarely. I hope you had a nice visit with your daughter and her family.

Roselyn, awesome workout, let's see the weights when you post. I like to see what everyone else is doing.

I have a ton to do today so I gotta get going!

Today I did Tracey Staehle's Hard Strikes, 61 minutes, 434 calories, heart rate, 126 avg./ 161 max. I then did Stron and Sweaty bonus abs, 13 minutes 69 calories and finished with Les Mills Pump Flow, 19 minutes, 63 calories. Total time 93 minutes, 571 calories. 5,426 steps.

Debbie, I have noticed when I am not feeling well or exceptionally tired my heart rate may be higher than normal. I get a lot more readings with the max heart rate in the 160 to 170 range than I ever had with the Polar watches. The Polar watches just had the problem of going bonkers at times and ending up with me in the 200 + range when I was just standing there. Don't you have problems later on with your apps not working because you haven't updated? I am always on the fence. I quit updating my computer upstairs because it was without audio for almost two years and I would have to take it back to a time before the update to get audio. Then it quit letting me do that. Finally, it did an update and I got the audio back. I have not updated it again. So, it hasn't even tried to get me to get Windows 10 on it. I updated my last iPhone and it ruined it. Apple couldn't repair it. Now I have a Samsung Galaxy 7. It was the update. I am on the fence on resetting it and starting over. I could use the smart switch and my tablet to put back my stuff. At least I think that I can. The application launcher, touch whiz quit working when I updated it. The update took way longer than normal, 3 hours. Usually it is around 10 to 15 minutes. My husband and son had no problem with it though. I have tried pretty much everything I have read to do except resetting it and I believe I read something about removing the battery.

Jolie, nice workout today. I set that workout out and will have to see how sore I still am tomorrow. For some reason I have been exceptionally sore this week even with the extra day off. I bet I don't get near the calorie burn that you got. (I just looked at MFP and I have 239 calories down. I would probably be adding something though. Although yours was extra long with the additional workout.

Yesterday was Bulk Legs

Bulk Chest today

Incline Fly
15,12,8, reps 20,21,22,

Incline Press
15,12,8,8 reps 20,21,22,21#

Chest Press with rotation force set
5 reps 5X 20#

Incline Press
15,12,8,8,12,15 reps 20,21,22,22,21,20

Close Grip Press to Fly
15,12,8 reps 15,16,18#

Decline Push Ups

Cobra to airplane
10 reps

Russian Twist
30 reps

Today I had an appointment this morning to fix my cell phone. They are sending me another phone. The guy said that is weird how it is acting. So, I guess I will be setting up another phone. I was hoping to forgo all of that. That is why I took it in. My workout time was limited and my neck and shoulders are sore from sitting over the computer the last couple of days trying to troubleshoot my cell phone. So I just did Ripped with Hiit Lift it Hit it Lower Body, 41 minutes, 271 calories, 2,125 steps.
weights
squats 20's 24 reps followed by squat digs
Plie squats 45# 16 reps / plie jacks
static lunge right side 20's 16 reps/ split jumps
static lunge left side 20's 16 reps/ split jumps
squats 25's 24 reps/ pop squats 24 reps
plie squats 40# 16 reps narrow plie touch down jacks 24 reps
wood chop side lunges 10# 24 reps
explosive side lunges 12 # 24 reps
cross back lunges 15# 40 reps / lateral skates 32 reps
Low Pulse lunges 20# ? reps / Power circle scissors
deadlifts 25's 16 reps/ snow angel jacks
deadlift wide stance 25's 16 reps / frog jumps with quarter turns
walking lunges 15's ? reps / scissor scissor wide tuck jumps

Roselyn, nice job on the weights today with Body Beast. So, are you doing a Body Beast rotation?

Saturdays workout was cardio. I walked 45 minutes up hill on the treadmill traveling 2.5 miles. I burned 482 calories.

No workout today.

Have a nice Sunday

Today starts the bulk phase of Body Beast. Love this phase. I did Body Beast Bulk Chest.

Super Set
Incline Fly:
15s/20s/25s - 15/12/8/8 reps
Incline Dumbbell Press: 20's/25's/30's/25's - 15/12/8/8 reps (last two sets were drop sets)

Force Set
Chest Press w/Rotation:
20's - 5 sets/5 reps no rest
(Killer!)

Progressive Set
Incline Press:
15's/25's/30's/30's/25's/20's - 15/12/8/8/12/15 reps

Combo Set
Close-Grip Press to Fly:
12's/15'/s/20's - 15/12/8 reps

Multi-Set
Decline Pushups:
15/12/8 reps
Russian Twist: 30 seconds 2 sets - used 8#

Workout was 32 minutes, Avg. HR was 71, Max was 110, burned 62 calories. 62 calories? Really?

Then I walked 1 mile on my treadmill.

Nice job on your weekend workouts everyone!! I did good with my eating so I'm happy about that! Usually weekends are a free for all for me, but I'm trying not to do that so much anymore. Summer is coming!!!

Roselyn - Nice job with Bulk Chest. Love this workout series. I really wish Beach Body would do another Body Beast workout.

Diane Sue - That sucks about your phone, I hate setting up new phones as well. And I know what you mean about these HR monitors, weird that my HR was up that high Friday, but I didn't feel good all day.

Jolie - I'm good now. That headache lasted all weekend but today, other than a stuffy nose this morning, I feel pretty good today. Nice job on your bicep workout on Friday!!! You killed it!!!

st a quick check in. I am using my phone data and do not like responding on the phone. The new modem/ router shows a excellent connection but Cox cannot get it to work. First they had my pho e number wrong so part of the reason. I couldn't activate of. I can get so far as to see our name and everything in set up and then Cox goes to error. They are charging me 55 dollars to send a tech out today. My fit bit has to run on Bluetooth so I will probably use something else for workout.
Be back this evening , I hope also dealing with this lagging phone . The other will be here Wednesday. I had to pay for the faster shipping.

This week I am working one body part per day and doing at least 30 minutes of cardio as well. I will add one leg exercise at the end of each workout so I get five exercises in for legs this week. Also, I will be working abs at least two time this week.

Today I did chest with 3 sets and 1 drop set at the end. Then I did 2.1 miles on the treadmill at a steep incline going at a slower pace than usual. I ended up with Leg Extensions.

Chest Press Warm up
15# x 15, x 15

Chest Press
25# x 12, x 10, x 8
20# x 8

Chest Flies
20# x 12, x 10, x 10
15# x 10

Incline Press
25# x 12, x 10 x 8
20# x 8

Incline Flies
20# x 12, x 10, x 8
15# x 8

I burned 149 Calories

Treadmill, 40 minutes, 2.1 miles, 7.0/7.5 incline, 3.2 speed

Leg Ext.
50# x 20, x 16, x 12, x 12, x 11 TF

Total calories burned 657. Average heart rate was 122 and max was 176. I am drenched!

Debbie, great workout today! I wonder why your calorie burn is so low as well as your heart rate? I burned 149 calories with my Chest workout and I am sure it was easier than yours. Your just in better shape!!!

Diane Sue,
good luck with the new phone! I hate dealing with those kinds of issues.

Roselyn, Nice workout yesterday!

Running late today, be back later to read more posts!

Yestgerday I did Insanity Pure Cardio

Today was Bulk Arms
Standing Curl
15,12,8,8,12,15 reps 12,13,15,15,13,12#

Tricep Extension
15,12,8,8, reps 20,22,23,22#

Barbell curl Forced set
5 reps 5X 30#

Skull Crusher
15,12,8,8, 20,25,26,25 used a barbell

Hammer Curl
15,12,8,8,12,15 reps 12,13,15,15,13,12#

Tricep Kickbacks
15,12,8,8,12,15 reps 12,13,15,15,13,12 #

Weighted Crunch

Diane Sue, yes I am doing BB, I have never finished all the way through determined to this time I usually switch to something else

Nice work everyone

Today I did Kelly Coffey Amped Up Cardio workout 1 , 31 minutes, 205 calories, heart rate, 137 avg./ max 159. I then did Strong and Sweaty Ramped Up Upper 47 minutes, 246 calories. Total time was 78 minutes, calories burned 451. I have had such a headache with troubleshooting internet problems and the cell phone. Today the tech was here for 2 and a half hours working on getting my new modem router set up. It should not have taken so long and I should have been able to do it myself. It ended up the hole problem was on the end of the dispatch people etc. They kept saying it couldn't be activated when it said on their website that it was a Cox certified modem and also on the papers that came with it. It took a supervisor to call them and get things done. I have been setting up the replacement cell phone this evening. I have always had this done at the phone store so this was new to me.
Ramped up upper
back 1 arm row 16 reps/ 1 arm back fly 10reps 10#Ledt repeat on right
repeat
back pullovers 10 reps 30#, 10 reps 30#
rear delt flys 10 reps 10# 2X
rear delt flys 10 reps 10# 2X
Back T band pulls 32 and 16 reps
chest flys 17.5# 12 reps
push ups 12,10,8 reps
chest flys 17.5# 12 reps
push ups 2/2 count
Triceps close grip bench press 15;s# 12 reps 2 sets
triceps dips 32/16 reps
triceps lying extensions 10's# 8reps ?
triceps lying extensions 10's doing partials
lying triceps extensions 10's 8 reps
standing overhead triceps extensions 12'# 12 reps
band kickback
overhead shoulder press 15's, 12 reps, shoulder lateral raise 5's , front raise 15# 12 reps repeat
lateral circles with band 64 reps
band kickbacks for shoulders 32 reps
biceps hammer curls 20's 12 reps
sweeping curls 15's 12 reps
isolation curls 12's
standing biceps curls 15's 12 reps
crazy eights band 48 reps

Debbie, nice work on those weights today. I used my FT 6 heatrate monitor today along with the Fit Bit as I was a bit worried about the internet and using the Fit Bit with my data on my phone. It was interesting the for the cardio the Fit Bit was higher than the Polar and for the weights the Polar was higher than the Fit Bit on calories. On cardio they were about 10 bpm difference on the heart rates and closer on the the weight workout.

Jolie, nice calorie burn today. I pulled out the worksheet this morning for BB Total Body but was a bit worried when I saw the pull ups. Maybe I could use tubing. I did manage those two sets of 30# pullovers today on Ramped Up. Still cautious.

Roselyn, great job on the weights today. I have managed to do the full rotation of Body Beast twice then it was shorter bouts of doing it.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.