Hard Strikes Review

I did hard strikes today. I can feel my waist shrinking!! I love a cardio workout that is fun!! Those sit up and push ups at the end... well, I could not keep up... :D Always something to work towards. :D

Just finished this one....major FUN FACTOR for me, smiling the whole time. Definitely steady state for the most part, I love all of the jacks and jump ropes to keep the heart rate up. It's a quick cardio section if you need a quick workout. The conditioning drills are a nice finish with core work.

question on boxing with gloves!

Hi! This is my first time posting!? I love all the boxing and kickboxing, but have never done it with gloves. I am awaiting the Xtrain, and got a punching bag and gloves. The bag came with a tiny paper saying to use wraps with the gloves, and I didn't know if I should wear them under the gloves or not.
And by the way, I usually wear little weight lifting gloves when I do the other boxing and kickboxing dvds, and they get really sweaty! So your not alone!
Any advise on the wraps would be appreciated!

STS Disc 19

Hi! This is my first time posting!? I love all the boxing and kickboxing, but have never done it with gloves. I am awaiting the Xtrain, and got a punching bag and gloves. The bag came with a tiny paper saying to use wraps with the gloves, and I didn't know if I should wear them under the gloves or not.
And by the way, I usually wear little weight lifting gloves when I do the other boxing and kickboxing dvds, and they get really sweaty! So your not alone!
Any advise on the wraps would be appreciated!

STS Disc 19

Glad you posted!

Hmmm...I don't know about the wraps. It might be helpful when doing the heavy bag workout, but otherwise you're not hitting anything, so if your gloves are comfortable and fit well without them, I don't think you need them. I don't have a heavy bag, though, and my gloves didn't come with any instructions, so maybe somebody who knows more about this equipment can help.

Enjoy HS! Oh, and if you don't have MMA boxing, that's the other Cathe DVD with a heavy bag workout. :)

Wow, that's a great deal! I think you're going to love how it feels to punch with them. Hope yours don't smell as Mapuche as mine!

LOL mine smell too! Like moth balls. I got everlast pink gloves. Think my mom ordered them from target. I've had to let them air out this week!
Can't wait to use them next week!! Got a wavemaster bag like Cathe's but will have to wait to use as I'm working on a room downstairs for a gym.

Wraps are definitely for when your are actually hitting something - a bag or a person. ;)
highfive.gif
- :D:D

I just did Hard Strikes today :eek:. I did not have the boxing gloves (working on that purchase ;)) but still got a great w/o nonetheless. I actually felt as though I was in a true Boxing class; jump rope, jacks, jabs, punches, hooks, but with the added bonus of incredible music in the background. Cathe was inspiring, witty, motivating. You can tell she was really having fun with this one. I wanted to stop after the cardio drill section, but I decided to give the UB/Core toning section a whirl. OH-ME-OH-MY :eek:. With all the fancy core work out there (not a fan of core anything actually :eek:), I was pleasantly surprised to see basic, straightforward, sit-ups. Add some push-ups in between (6 sets alternating) and my core was BURNING. I found this to mimic a true boxing training regime. I've seen Rocky ;). For the sheer simplicity, yet effectiveness of this workout, I give Hard Strikes 2 thumbs up!

Natasha

Last edited:
I have a question about the conditioning section. As of right now, I'm following the 90 Day Undulating Rotation, which never includes the entire Hard Strikes workout (only Premix 16 or 17). I really would like to do the whole workout rather than a timesaver premix, at least during this period while I'm still getting to know all the workouts. Has anyone tried to do all of Hard Strikes followed by Bi's & Tri's on the next day? It's a long shot, because if you guys started the rotation yesterday like I did, you haven't had time to get there yet! :) I'm just wondering if Bi's & Tri's will be too much for the day after the conditioning part of Hard Strikes. Thanks!

I did the full Hard Strikes workout last night and Bi's and Tri's this morning, no issues. The upper body conditioning in Hard Strikes is low weight/high rep and mostly shoulder, followed by bicep curls (with 5lbs), triceps dips, then core.

I did the first chapter loved it! I'm also a KPC, Kick Max, and MMA: Boxing fan.

As Trixxo stated, the first HS chapter is consistent cardio and super fun, high energy for sure! There are a few moves that weren't exactly low impact but they were easily modifiable if you wanted to go low that day.

I used 1lb wrist weights since I don't have gloves, but I think that the gloves would add better resistance because they add more gravity to the leaver length.

For me, it was not a day for a weight workout so I didn't do the other chapters... however, the guide (and menu) lists the exercises in the other chapters and I think they will be a great addition to the workout.
I'm looking forward to doing the entire workout!

Happy New Year!

I did the first chapter loved it! I'm also a KPC, Kick Max, and MMA: Boxing fan.

I used 1lb wrist weights since I don't have gloves, but I think that the gloves would add better resistance because they add more gravity to the leaver length.

For me, it was not a day for a weight workout so I didn't do the other chapters... however, the guide (and menu) lists the exercises in the other chapters and I think they will be a great addition to the workout.
I'm looking forward to doing the entire workout!

Happy New Year!

ITA about the gloves adding intensity to the w/o! I just can't help it...I will be purchasing them soon ;).

OH MY, wait until you do the UB/Core section :eek:. My abs were FRIED! It's a goodie :eek:.

I got the gloves :eek:. They should arrive this week and I can't wait to do HS with them :eek:. Hopefully they don't stink :(:mad:.

Happy boxing everyone :D

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.