Getting Our Licks In!

Michelle - got mine from Amazon. Seriously these things rock and there are hundreds of videos on the internet showing different things you can do with them.

http://www.amazon.com/Elite-Molded-Roller-Round-Popular/dp/B000HLLREA/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1299190206&sr=8-3

Took Grady to a local park and we play frisbee, Chuck-it and Egg - he loves all those toys so much. It was 60 degrees and sunny - just a beautiful day. No one was at the park so I let Grady off leash and we had some fun for about an hour. I would make him take a break every so often and cool him down but putting some cool water on his tummy. He was in doggy heaven.

man miss a day around here and everyone posts!:(:confused:

Yesterday, I walked Misty in town at the Reservoir, we walk/jogged/ran...than I taught my Total Tone Class and than I did as much of STS Back & Triceps that I could fit in until the Rec. Center closed. I am trying not to be a Work Out Nazi about this round of STS and just doing as much as I can with everything else I already do! Sometimes it is hard and I think it doesn't count if I don't do every single on of the exercises...how crazy is that??

Today I was going to go downhill with my friend, but she bailed on me, and then I found it hard to motivate. It was a nice day so I did motivate and just as I started packing the gear into the car it began to snow...:eek: and the sky got super dark, with low visibility, so I decided not to throw out the baby with the bath water so grabbed my X-Country skis... but didn't have the best time out there as I had some technical problems with my skis that kept sticking and gathering snow under the foot area of the ski....anyway I did go for an hour & a half and burned 720 calories according to my heart rate monitor....I wonder if I burnt more calories because it was more difficult with the snow sticking to the ski???

Going to skip the personals as I missed so much!

I took today off. Just needed it I think.

MicheleZ, I think we are fortunate to have you with us. You blend in very well. Yep, I love my roller too.:) Wow, you ordered some really fantastic DVD's. You just can't beat Cathe, that's for sure. Have fun, it will hurt so good! LOL Grady is so lucky to have a Mommy like you.:D

Renee, You are coming back sooner than I expected. It's a good thing you are in great shape. Great job on Basic Step. That's why we have those kinds of DVD's, just for this purpose.;) Glad you didn't over do it. I think I might have missed something. What is Universal 4 and 5?

Michelle, Great job with walk that you and Ripken took this morning and S&H Triceps, biceps and abs. The push ups with the yoga block under you is mighty harder. LOL You can do it!

Laura, Great job you and Misty with the walk, run and jog, your class and back and triceps. Well done. Sounds like you are a self motivator. You are so inspiring to me. I love to snowshoe, (never crossed skied before) but I have to travel so far in order to do it. At least a couple of hours each way. Ugh. 720 calories is worth your trouble today. Good going! I bet you did burn more calories, you had to work harder. Missed you around here, it's nice to see you back.

Take care everyone,

Janie

Here is a picture of my very happy dog yesterday - sorry it is so big - I don't know how to make it smaller. Grady is bigger than life though (lol).

mail

Good golly! I did sts 23, legs. I thought I was going to die. The first tri-cycle of exercises were OK, second set of tri-cycle was hard, and the the third was nearly impossible. But longer rests, and a "come on, you can do it." attitude helped. 50 minutes...HA! It was a lot longer then that for me. But, I have one more disc in meso 2 and then I'm done. I really do need a week of "recovery" and building back my endurance level for working out.

I am going to venture out for the first time all week. I need food for me and the cats. Oh, the joy of shopping. Yippy skippy.

Have a great Friday!!

~Renee

This morning I went for an assessment for physiotherapy. While I was not seriously injured in my car accident, I still have lingering effects of minor whiplash, such as muscle tenderness in the center of my shoulder blades and I was really concerned about some periodic popping/clicking in my neck (gross, since I am VERY squemish with those things!:p). Since my insurance covers it, I figured i might as well take advantage of the therapy. I didn't want to pass it up and then have problems later on down the road. I'll be going back next week on Mon & Wed. After the assesment they hooked up some electrode thingy's to my shoulder which pulsated with some heat. It actually felt very nice!

Yesterday, I did my own yoga practice. It was a really good practice since I felt very limber and light and I was listening to some new music I got on itunes which really gave a good energy to my practice. I really liked the music so I put it on again when I went to bed and it was really relaxing. The name of the CD is Shamanic Dream by Anugama.

Renee: Glad to hear you are getting over your flu.

MicheleZ: I love Low Impact Circuit. I don't have High Step Training but I really like High Step Challenge. Enjoy your new workouts!

Janie: Hope you enjoyed your rest day!

Laura: Sorry your plans didn't work out.:( I hate when you have something planned and something throws off your schedule and you somehow lose the motivation or energy, even if you do manage to do something...it feels a little off. It's good that you still managed to get in some X-country and burned all those calories though. High Five!

Hello Michelle, Shoegal (where r you!), and Shadowpup!

Hi y'all

Quick check in before my private client

Did last round of STS Chest, Shoulders & biceps.... Than some abs from a Nike app. I have on my iPad. I really liked Meso 1 this time around, but my weights are heavy & it makes me wonder how heavy I will be lifting by Meso 3!!!

Gottta run

Will try & come back for personals

Today was a break day for me. Love those break days. Of course, Ripken and I still do our walkabout. Good morning for it--cold but not too cold. Spring is definitely coming. Crocus are up all over my neighborhood and the daffodils are pushing.

MicheleZ: thanks for the amazon link. I will definitely be checking that out. I'm glad you mentioned the Cathe dvd sale because I did not even notice it. Now I'm thinking do I want to replace by Step Blast dvd that skips and stalls from time to time? Have to think hard about that one.

Sister: Welcome back to the living. I bet you will be good to roll by Monday.

Laura: yup--you miss a few days and boom--everyone is posting left and right. I love your picture of Misty getting her licks in. Ahhh, those sweet puppy days. They are so great. I'm not a skier but I would imagine skiing in falling snow would be harder. Great endurance workout for you.

Elle: I have to think that the yoga really will help you with the healing process. It seems like such a rejuvinating form of exercise.

Janie: I'm resting with you today. Feels good, doesn't it?

Happy wekend to everyone. Where are our Shoegal and Shadowpup?
~michelle

Joey and I did TBS using heavy weight, segment from Cathe Stretches and her Hit Abs. Still am not up to par with the weight.:( It could be that I haven't taken a week of recovery since November (I think). I usually take one every month. So, starting tomorrow until next Mon. I'll only be doing balance, stretches/flexibility and some cardio. I'm going to have to put the challenges on hold until then. I'm really not wimping out. I will continue with the challenges on Mon. I may have to return to a later week though.:(

Couldn't help myself, I've been creating more jewelry, and this one, to say the least, is unique. LOL I love it, and plan on wearing it on my 2 year old grandson's birthday party coming up on the 26th.
395529784.jpg

mail
MicheleZ, Couldn't see Grady, but did see him in another picture play in the snow. He is so darn cute!

Renee, Great job on those legs. Yes, it is one of the most difficult workouts. Legs are always hard on me.:confused: Very proud of you, well done. Enjoy getting out in the world today.

Elle, Good that you are taking care of yourself since the car accident. When the therapy is over you might also think about using a foam roller to get knots out from exercising. It does a world of good. It's like magic. Great job on the yoga.

Laura, Great job on STS Chest, Shoulders & Biceps and abs. In meso 3, you will be amazed how much more weight you will be using. You'll see.:)

Michelle, Great job with the walk with Ripken. I'm glad I'm not resting along. It sure does feel good!:)

Janie

Janie - beautiful jewelry (again) ;). As for not lifting as heavy, listen to your body - you probably need the break in order to recover and come back even stronger :)

Did IMAX3 today and modified less than I thought I would. I didn't do anything yesterday - was feeling a bit tired so I rested.

Leaving now to take Grady to his "urban herding" class - I think they basically herd large balls into a targeted area. Should be fun!

Start of a new workout week--which means doing IMAX3. For the past two weeks, I've done intervals 1-5, today I added interval 6 which is not too horrible. The problem is that blast 4 and 5 just about do me in. I cooled down watching interval 7 and then did the stretch. Interval 7 and the blast look pretty doable to me--so I might add interval 7 next week when I do IMAX3 again. But once a week with IMAX3 is enough for me.

It' nice here today and I'm hitting my garden in a little bit. Going to get the lariope cut back before it rains again tomorrow. Then I need to run a couple of errands.

Janie: your jewelry is beautiful. I have to admit that I'm not sure what I'm looking at in your latest picture. Earrings? Necklace? or both?

Be back later.
~michelle

Today I went back to karate, and we were learning the moves to Universal 6. Not too terribly hard, just hard to concentrate. There was a boy who was just full of himself, not behaving, which I found very irritating indeed! The teacher in me was ready to let him have it, but its not my place to do that. The whole class (combined advanced and intermediate students) went through all 9 Universals. Great...I only know 1-5, and began to learn 6. But the 5 I know are good! At the end of class we did front leg holds and side leg holds, 30 seconds each. Well, despite my fatigue, I managed to do those quite well for once. Still lots to work on. I didn't stay for the sparring class. I would not have lasted. All in all, it was a good morning.

This afternoon I managed to do Basic Step again. It was just enough. Still trying to regain strength and endurance. Very sore from yesterdays disc 23 legs in STS. Tomorrow I will finish meso 2, disc 24, back and biceps and work on karate. Next Saturday is the tournament! YIKES! I hope I'll be ready to compete!

So much to do in the coming weeks. I hope I rebuild my strength and enduarance quickly. I have a feeling I will be very tired everyday when I get home. Yippy!

~Renee

Hi everyone. Lots and lots of rain here this afternoon. One corner of our front yard looks like a wading pool at the moment. I hope it stops raining by the time Ripken and I go out for our walk. He will get wet underneath either way, but if it's not raining, he won't get wet on top as well. Either way--we will walk.

Today, I did Muscle Endurance. I couldn't find where I had the exercises and weight amounts written down so I just went along with Cathe and crew. Sweat flying everywhere--it felt so good. Tomorrow morning, I'm off to California for the week so it will be double-wave pyramid, travel fit, and MMA kickbox and fusion. All good workouts. There is an "exercise room" in the hotel with treadmills, ellipticals, and weights. I'll take along my gloves just in case, but whether I lift weights or not will depend on what is there.

Talked to sister this morning. She sounds good and I see that she posted yesterday. She is getting back into her routine but I know that this work week is going to be a tiring one for her. No real down time when you are a teacher.

Not much else going on. Just taking it easy today. Hope everyone is enjoying their Sunday.

~michelle

Hey everyone! Took a rest day today from working out. Took Grady to agility class this morning, then took him to the park for some Chuck-it and did nothing the rest of the day - okay I did take a nap :p. I am all about "me" time :eek:. I ate the best crawfish etouffee last night - we made it at home and while I absolutely loved it, my intestinal system wasn't as happy. I think it was the mixture of habanero pepper and heavy whipping cream (lol). Whew.....still recouping from that. It was so good though that I wouldn't hesitate to make it again and probably will :p.

Michelle - I saw your comments on IMAX 3 and wanted you to know that while I did finish the entire thing - I most certainly took many breaks and I did modify many of the blasts to something more reasonable for my current level of fitness. I didn't modify as much as I thought I would have to (for me) but I modified lots compared to others who are in much better shape (i.e., you (lol)). I thought I should probably clear that up in case someone thought I was bragging and I thought of myself as "all that and a bucket of fried chicken....."......

Today I spent about a half hour trying to put my knees and hands on the stability ball at the same time. I used the furniture for balance big time. At the end of that half hour, I still relied heavily on the furniture. But, it was fun. Have to be careful though or I could fall off the ball very easily. Also today was such a beautiful day, decided to take Rolly to the Huff and Puff trail. But before we could go, we had to get him a bigger size harness. Yep, he's gained weight.:eek: We walked a good 2.5+ miles. It was so nice.

MicheleZ, Great job on IMAX3 today. Good job listening to your body and resting. Enjoy Grady.:)

Michelle, Sorry the picture didn't turn out very well. There is a bracelet, necklace and a pair of earrings. You are doing very well with IMAX3. Good plan also. Enjoy your gardening and errands.

Renee, Sounds like you had a good/but irritating time at class today. Don't know what to tell you about people acting up. I just roll my eyes. :rolleyes: Great job on BS, you may think it wasn't enough, but I bet it was.

Michelle, Great job on ME. Enjoy CA, it sounds like you won't miss a beat with your exercises. Good for you.

Have a good day everyone,

Janie

quick checkin between classes

My beautiful, special Janie earings and pendant arrived last Friday! I love them! They are really very pretty and I love wearing them knowing that Janie made them for me!

Friday was Chest, Shoulders and Bi's Meso 1 Week 4
Saturday was the last leg workout for Meso 1! Woo Hoo!!
Sunday I did STS Step Moves and wanted a little longer (the step routine is only really 35 minutes or so) so did the Step Only premix from the Step, Jump & Pump! Than I did a Stretch Max #3 with the band to stretch out
Monday: I decided to check out one of the Nike Training workouts I have on my Iphone and boy was it seriously tough! It was a HIIT style for 30 minutes but it took me 48 as I was unfamiliar with it and kept having to pause and check out the instructional videos...than I took Misty for a 57 minute snow shoe. No one showed up for my pilates class :mad::confused::( so I did about 30 minutes of self pilates...now aithing for Boot Camp. I am going to teach the workout I did this morning but not do it!!:eek:

Did Aerobic Yoga with Ganga White and Tracy Rich. I haven't done that one for so very long. It was a treat to do this one again.

Laura, So glad you got your earrings, enjoy.:) You have been doing a wonderful assortment of workouts during the week. Good for you. What? How come no one showed up to pilates class?:( OOOOO, you know I love snowshoeing. Wished I could have been there with you.

Have a great evening everyone,

Janie

Hi everyone. I'm in California this week. Had a very, very long (14-hour travel/work day yesterday). Sleeping in a nice, but strange hotel meant about 5 good hours of sleep and then up every hour until it was time to get up at 5:30 this morning. Had a good day of meetings then back here at the hotel to do Travel Fit--which is officially done. I use a new really tight band and an older band that is a little more flexible--depending on the exercise. I'm finally getting my form good on those bent arm lateral raises with the band--which I am happy about.

MicheleZ: the only way I can get through IMAX3 all the way is to modify as well. But, I'm trying to hit it as hard as I can (all--out) and build my endurance by starting with intervals 1-5 and adding one every couple of weeks. Days with our pups are the best aren't they? I never did obedience or agility training with Ripken and he is terribly spoiled--but I think he is the classic example of a golden who has become better and better and sweeter and sweeter with age. But then I'm not too biased on that matter. LOL!

Janie: I'm glad to hear that you and Rolly are exercising together again. I hope the bigger harness was needed just because he is growing up and not because he has grown out. I think I am getting jealous hearing about everyone getting their special Janie Jewelry. Would I be imposing to add my name to the request list? I like the pieces with the smaller beads and with blue colors. I'm more into simplicity with my jewelry. Am I being too demanding?

Laura: Gosh, are we hitting that time of year when the "new year's resolve" wears thin. Have you guys in Colorado had shorts weather yet? If not, once folks break out their shorts, you will probably see attendance increase at your classes. At least you are not taking a break from exercise--in fact it sounds like you are pouring it on.

Missing Shadowpup and Shoegal in particular. In fact, I'm starting to worry a little about Shoegal because it has been quite a while since we have heard from her. Hope everything is okay. Hi to Elle and Sister.

~michelle

Did lots of stretching today and used the balance board for awhile, then, sat on the stability ball and watched some TV. I need balance!

Michelle, I didn't hear from you when I asked everyone if they wanted some jewelry from me. I thought you opted out. I would love to make you a set. Blue and simple and made out of paper it will be. I'll make it tonight and send it out tomorrow, with love. Rolly has gained weight, and it's all my fault. Seeing him every day, you just can't hardly tell, but I knew in my heart he was gaining and just looked the other way. He can only have treats when he potties outside. Poor little guy. He seems to be getting use to it though. Thank goodness. Great job on Travel Fit. Sounds like you are improving with the bands. Good for you.

OK, off to make some jewelry.

Janie

Last edited:
Have not done anything since Sunday - I apparently have the intestinal flu and am going to the doctor today at 11:30. For not getting sick much, I am getting sick much :mad::rolleyes:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.