Getting Our Licks In!

Last week I did RWH and X10 as I could fit it into my schedule and this week has been ICE Sweat and walking yesterday. I plan to get another short cardio in tonight and have a lot of prep work to do as my parents are up tomorrow and then we're off for our anniversary weekend at a hot spring. Not much for exercise is expected after tonight though I am hoping weather is nice enough to get a hike in on Saturday.

Laura - Awesome workouts! Keep it up and you won't be modifying and taking breaks hardly at all!

Michelle - So sorry you had to battle a stomach bug, not fun! Great job to you and Toby! Slaying it!

Janie and Shadwopup - Hope your spring is treating you right!

Cindy

Today was Maximum Intensity Strength which finished up the Power Hour workouts. It was fun to pull out these older full body workouts. The original Body Max was super intense!

Hope all is well and everyone is getting back on their feet from feeling under the weather

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Slowly getting back into exercising after being sick last week. Sadly, it becomes so easy NOT to exercise. So, I'm working my way out of that particular mindset. Picked up with the last week of the April rotation on Wednesday, with a break day yesterday. So, it will be Supercuts today.

Laura: your workouts are motivating me to get my rear in gear. No more slacking here.

Waves to Cindy, Janie, and Shadowpup.
Michelle

Last Thursday was my Gyrotonics class
Friday: walk and Slow and Heavy Tris and Bis
Sat: Party Rocking Step #1 +core
Sunday: Slow and Heavy Legs & Shoulders. & X10 low impact

Michelle: happy to inspire you for a change!! You usually inspire me... especially with consistency.... so back at you! Keep moving.... I promise you will not regret it! [emoji171][emoji171][emoji171]

Happy May Day! And to celebrate: Cathe's May rotation. Today, was Tabatacize. I did the Tabata 1+2 plus core 2 premix. I need to add in more core work. I used to breeze through Cathe's core add-ons and I've slacked on the abs. The first week of the May rotation has several days of ab add-ons and I'm hoping that continues through the whole month. Yup, I haven't looked at the whole month of the rotation--just the first week. That probably seems weird but that's usually the way I approach Cathe's rotations--one week at a time.

Hope everyone had a great start to May!
Michelle

Today was 5.6 mile walk(gorgeous spring day) and a 25 min Beginner TRX work out from Amy Bento on YouTube.

I hardly ever use my TRX so my goal for May is to use it once a week. I find it very hard so I tend to avoid it. [emoji15]

Michelle great idea to do a rotation....one week at a time... Tabatacize is another form of exercise I tend to avoid!!! I am also really focusing on hitting my abs. My mom's back has gotten so bad it is beginning to affect her ability to function and her core is tragically weak. Even though I am a Pilates instructor I actually hate doing "core" work! [emoji36]. So there you have it. I guess my theme in May is to attempt to face the things I avoid because they are challenging and uncovers my weaknesses.

Happy May! I've started the month out right, Turbobarre Monday, Tabatacise 1-3 Tuesday, and ICE Bootcamp timesaver#5 last night. Lily has her last softball game tonight, that season went fast, and then my evenings will calm down again :)

Laura - Nice workouts! I've been lazy on my abs too and I'm happy to hear even Pilates instructors don't like working abs :) They are so darned important though!

Michelle - Amazing how 1 week off can make it so hard to get to it again, great job not letting it win :)

Cindy

Last Wednesday I finished up the Slow. & Heavy Series with Chest & Back.

Thursday rest day

Friday was Push Pull and Step Blast (no blasts)

Saturday Kick, Punch & Crunch

So obviously I am moving through the Body Blast Series. I forget how much I like the cardio in this series. I always think the weights sessions are easier but that's because I did these back when I did not have heavier weights. Now with the right weight they are just right. I know the Legs & Glutes is brutal..... but I tend to think that about all Cathe leg routines.

May is a difficult month for me with Mothers Day and the 3rd anniversary of the accident. Still have trouble believing it sometimes. Anyway just crying when the tears come and then moving forward.

Happy May! I've started the month out right, Turbobarre Monday, Tabatacise 1-3 Tuesday, and ICE Bootcamp timesaver#5 last night. Lily has her last softball game tonight, that season went fast, and then my evenings will calm down again :)

Laura - Nice workouts! I've been lazy on my abs too and I'm happy to hear even Pilates instructors don't like working abs :) They are so darned important though!

Michelle - Amazing how 1 week off can make it so hard to get to it again, great job not letting it win :)

Cindy

Great workouts Cindy! Sounds like spring has arrived with a transition from the slopes to the green fields! Yes core work is brutal. Something about how my abs burn when I work them makes me feel slightly ill!! [emoji15][emoji849][emoji33][emoji847]

So, I got exercised 4 out of 7 days last week--which was my new normal before I got sick. Trying to get back to 6 days/week exercising but no less than 4 days. Second week of Cathe's May rotation this week. Looking forward to it. Toby is pretty good when I exercise (chills out and stays out of the way) but when I have a workout that gets me on the floor like To The Mat yesterday--it's a whole new ball game. I try not to get irritated with him but rather use it as a training opportunity for him too. This means that the workout usually takes alot longer to do because I'm working with him on impulse control as well. I mailed the last set of life insurance forms this weekend. Hopefully, I filled everything out correctly. I had to include the original policy in the package (Joe took out this policy in 1973) which I had (believe it or not). However, in the original policy, Joe designated his second wife as the beneficiary. I know that he changed it to his parents after they divorced and then to me but they didn't ask for that paperwork, so we'll so how this goes. I also currently have 4 vehicles--working toward getting it down to 2. So, I've got the first vehicle for sale: a 1989 Toyota SR5 4WD--really good condition. Right now I just have a sign in the vehicle seeing what kind of inquiries I get from neighborhood traffic. If need be, I'll park it in the commuter lot one weekend--which is what folks do around here with their "for sale by owner" vehicles. I have no doubt it will sell. I'm not desperate for money so I'm firm on my bottom line price. Next up for sale will be the boat. Slowly working through "the stuff."

Laura: I'm with you on the crying. It's hard and I don't know how you ever get over losing a child. Sophia was such a joy to you--I am sure she would not want you to get stuck and not be able to move on. I'm just wondering if you feel like you are moving through life in a "fog"?

Cindy--nice to have you back and great job with the workouts. Let usknow how the softball season ended for Lilly.

Waves to Shadowpup and Janie.
Michelle

ICE Rock'em Sock'em today--and not a premix, but the whole thing! It's been a while since I've done a whole workout rather than a premix. It felt good. Worked at home today, trying to get a paper done. Nothing like having a deadline coming up to motivate a person. Other than exercise--my breaks have been to walk Toby, play with Toby, or do some training with Toby.

Hope everyone had a great start to their week.
Michelle

Sunday was a lazy day. I didn't even walk. [emoji15][emoji33]

Today was the Legs & Glutes from the Body Blast series. Even though I am finally working out consistently I am still letting myself slack while doing them. I hit pause a lot and I end up getting distracted. I also am modifying more than I probably need to and not lifting as heavy as I could. But I am not going to beat myself up about that. I am just noticing my behavior and hope to begin to push myself a little harder. I think I will make a no phone while exercising rule! That will help with the distractions! [emoji15]

Michelle I absolutely walked around in a fog for the first year. I barely remember most of it and can't imagine how I Survived it. My therapists said to me this morning in our session that this year seems hard because in some ways I am no longer in the acute trauma/ shock and my conscious experience is more intact. He said that we have to protect ourselves from the intensity of our feelings because they would over whelm us so we have to check out to some degree to function in the world. I am glad you have Toby to keep you company. Are you able to get out with friends to socialize at all? Or does that seem to exhausting? I go back and forth with isolation and being social. I have been more social in the last two months and some times it seems the energy cost is to high for what I get from the experience. I still take great liberty in only doing what I can manage at the time.

Last edited:
Today was an easy morning walk, an hour on my Reformer planning my classes for tonight and Step, Jump & Pump. Man that was crazy hard! I had to modify the jumping in the Hi/Lo sections (to much impact for my feet, ankle/knees). And the weight section killed me. I think I didn't have enough recovery from Legs & Glutes yesterday. I was going to do Super Sets tomorrow but I need to give my muscles some rest & Recovery from yesterday and today's lifting!

It is another wet dog Friday here in Virginia. Did the express circuit workout from Cardio Core Circuits today. For me, this is one of Cathe's hardest workouts. I've done fairly decent this weeks on workouts--only missed yesterday although tomorrow will probably also be a miss because Toby and I are headed over to my sister's for the weekend. It's my dad's 88th birthday and mother's day this weekend and it is a good weekend to go "home" for a visit. I think this week has pooped out my sweet pup. Last night was agility class which is loads of fun for Toby and I but he seems to like to make Friday a rest day. Since he went to the groomer this morning, he hasn't gotten as much rest as he normally would on a Friday.

Laura: thanks for answering my question about "being in a fog." I'm going through this period right now where I am having dreams that Joe isn't really gone. He just walks in a room and I'm saying: but you died--how can you be here? I don't have the dreams all the time--about once a week. My social time mostly comes through dog activities right now: walking Toby, going to training with Toby, dog shows, etc. Of course, I also socialize with people at work by going to lunch or talking during breaks. Once in a while I go out with a neighbor girlfriend for dinner or I go to visit family (locally or in SW VA). Doing things with Toby has really been my way of coping.

Laura, switching to exercise--I can't do hi/lo anymore either--its more lo/no but the nice thing about Cathe's workouts is that you can easily go from hi to lo or no impact. Step Jump and Pump is one of those workouts that sneaks up on you.

Michelle

So I have been working through the Intensity Series.

I have done
Cardio & Weights
PUB
IMAX2
PLB

I also have been doing Pilates Reformer workouts, Gyrotonics and Yoga claws more consistently I try for one of those 3x a week and walking.

How is everyone? It's been so quiet here

Today is my cardio day and did some research work. LOL

The new workouts are challenging to me and I'm thinking of it as day of rest.

Have a great day everyone!

Hannah

Yesterday a big storm through CO over 36" of snow in the mountains but we got several inches down here. I was feeling funky so I took a day off.

Today I played around on my Reformer and did Intensity Boot Camp

Toby is with my breeder for the next few days while I am in North Carolina. Did S&S PHA this morning. Then packed up and my study team picked me up and we drove down to Camp Lejeune. Will be here through Tuesday when we will head back to Northern Virginia mid-afternoon. Hoping to get workouts in on Monday and Tuesday. We'll see how that goes. Hope everyone is doing well.
Michelle

Still working through the Intensity Series. I did Boot Camp (which is never as bad as I think although I do modify as needed) and today was Muscle Endurance & Endurance style lifts are never my favorite... I prefer power and strength but it's important to balance it out.

I do have the Terminator DVD which is basically 3 more workouts blended from the series. I know I have done it at least once maybe twice before, but it carries a dread factor so I am debating to do them this week or chooses something else. I guess we will see if my OCD nature to finish out the series wins over or not!

Hope y'all had a Decent weekend.

Shout out to Janie, Cindy, Renee and Shadowpup

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.