Getting Our Licks In!

Today was 20 min. on my climber as I was watching TV.

Michelle, Great job on XTRAIN Hardstrikes. OH NO! Poor Toby. Hope all goes well by the end of the week. I almost didn't make my 20 min. on my climber, but I kept at it anyway. Next time I do it, it will be half hour.

Cindy, Learned to use a different flour for cyrstal bread. And will make more soon to see that will turn out.
Sounds like Brodie and Lily's birthday parties and Dave's 20 reunion were fun. Good job on lots of walking/moving.

Take care everyone,

Janie

I've been doing well this week and have had time, that feels amazing. Did X10 Low Impact and ICE Metabolic Total Body. I stayed up too late putting together a Barbie Dream House for Lily, she'll get it tomorrow morning with her other gifts. Tonight I plan to do a Hiit workout and we're going out for Sushi to celebrate Lily's birthday, she's been asking for sushi for quite some time now.

Janie - Nice work on the climber, helps to focus on TV too :)

Michelle - How is Toby doing? Poor guy! I hope he heals quickly. I need to try Hard Strikes, sounds intriguing if you energy goes up :) We have not got a nap, typical!

Cindy

Been speed walking on the beach, yoga and climber. Seems I can't get into a rotation yet. I will soon though. It's so hot and muggy today and yesterday. Have a sheen too! LOL!

Cindy, Great job on X10 Low Impact and ICE Metabolic Total Body. You are such a good Mamma.

Take care,

Janie

Taking long speed walks on the beach. One of them was an hour. And doing yoga, until I feel strong enough to do a rotation.

Janie

Another busy week come, gone, and a new one about to begin. Toby is not limping anymore and seems much better, so we are back to class. Walks vary in length depending on how hot and humid it is. Yesterday and today have not been so bad. It is hot, but the humidity is down. Stayed on track with my workouts through the week but took a break Friday and after washing our 2 SUVs yesterday, I took another day off. So it was ICE total metabolic body today. Yesterday, was DH and my 24th wedding anniversary. Celebrated having dinner at our favorite restaurant in Fredericksburg last night. Taking it easy today. Some light house cleaning, exercise as mentioned above, and playing with Toby.

Cindy: I was a HUGE Barbie fan growing up. Hope Lily enjoys her Barbie Dream House. Your little one likes sushi? That strikes me as unusual but good for her having a diverse palate at a young age. Great job on the workouts.

Janie: it can be hard getting back into the workouts after a break. Doing yoga is a good idea. If you got the ICE series, there are alot of shorter workout options on those workouts--also good for getting back into exercising. How are the pups? Give them both a kiss for me.

Have we lost Kathy from our group? I hope she is doing okay.
Michelle

Continuing with speed walking and my climber and some yoga. It's good for now.

Michelle, Yea for Toby not limping anymore! And being back at class. Great job on the walks and staying on track with your woorkouts through the week. Breaks from exercise are needed. Also for doing ICE Total metabolic body. Happy 24th Wedding Anniversary! Joe and I just celebrated our 25th as you most already know. LOL! Just gave the pups a kiss from you. They say lick, lick. LOL!

Take care Michelle,

Janie

Performed solo at a coffee shop today. It was on my bucket list and now crossed off. YaHoo! Also speed walked on the beach.

Janie

Just a quick update. My daughter is here and spending time with her. A person from our group is coming over to talk about creating a logo for our band. I'm playing my guitar and singing, getting in practice for our performance at Woodfest tomorrow. lot's of stuff going on.

Keep exercising and have fun doing it. I'll catch up with you all in a couple of days or so.

Take care everyone,

Janie

Another busy week. Almost finished up with the 3rd week of the ICE/XTRAIN rotation. Didn't get to workout today because I had a meeting up at Ft Meade. The meeting was good but I spent most of my day sitting in traffic. So glad it is the weekend.

Janie: you're going to need to start adding new items to your bucket list--you've been marking things off, of late. Are you going to order the new Cathe workouts? I'm not inclined to order the tower because I already have the STS tower. Haven't made up my mind about whether I want to order just the workouts. Pre-order just began so I've got time to think about it. Hope you have a great visit with your daughter.

Waves to Kathy, Laura, and Cindy.
Michelle

Toby and I had a great training class this morning. There were 18 dogs in class--and with that many dogs, it can be hard for them all to concentrate but today every single dog did great. Toby and I have spent some additional time at training and playing and now the pup is taking a nap. Its pretty hot here in the mid-Atlantic so we are keeping our outside excursions to a minimum. We get our walkabout in early in the morning before it gets too hot and then we stay inside and stay cool. He is such a good boy and I'm so thankful that he is my pup. Exercise today was ICE low body circuits. Great workout; lots of fun. Hope everyone is staying cool and drinking lots of water.

Michelle

Our band Performed today at Woodfest. So much fun! There were minor things happening, but all in all it was well done. Tomorrow everything will be perfect. I so am enjoying my daughter. Wonder how she became so wise. We talked about things we normally don't talk about and she has great advice for her old Mom. Bless her heart. Just looked in the mirror. My face is as red as a beet! Will wear a hat tomorrow.

Michelle, Yes, I really need to add more items to my bucket list. LOL! I did order the whole package. Tower and DVD's. I like to have two, because one can go at the beach house and the other in Shelton. Good job on you and Toby with the training class. Great job on your walkabouts during the morning. Very wise. Great job on ICE low Body circuits.

Take care my dear friend,

Janie

Another hot day. Toby woke me up this morning at 5:45 am--throwing up in his crate: mostly phlegm and a piece of undigested bully stick. He seemed to immediately "feel better" but we were up and rolling. We took a short walk, then trained/played for about an hour, then took a longer walk. It's a pretty warm/hot day here. Trying to keep the sweet boy inside for the hottest part of the day. I worry about burning his paws on the hot concrete sidewalks or the asphalt street. When we go out, I try to walk him on the shady side of the street, cross the street where it is "in the shade" and keep him walking in the grass as much as possible. Exercise today was XTRAIN bis and tris (I missed doing this one on Friday so today was makeup day).

Janie: Hope today's musical event is a good one. And I think I know how your daughter became so wise: she learned from her mom. Your logic for buying another tower makes sense but I'm just contemplating the workouts. I imagine that Cathe will be previewing portions of the workouts at her Glassboro roadtrip this year. Sister and I are missing another roadtrip: last year, Toby was only 3 months old; this year, it falls right before a dogshow week. I love Cathe and enjoy the roadtrips but I have to admit spending time with and doing things with Toby comes first.

Hope everyone is having a great Sunday!
Michelle

We as a band, did OK for being a young band. There is so much to know ethic/manners wise for sure along with the music. But we all have the desire and passion to go on.

Michelle, Great job on the walk/train with Toby after the night incident. And for XTrain bis and tris. Aw, you don't have to go to every one of Cathe's roadtrips. You did the right thing. Family is first, always.

Take care,

Janie

Can't believe I've haven't posted for awhile. I don't know where the times goes. Still rotating days of cardio on the beach and yoga. It's working really well for now.

Janie

Just about finished with the ICE/XTRAIN rotation. Today was Hardstrikes, timesaver without conditioning drills. Tomorrow I'll do Tabatacize since I missed doing it on Thursday. Toby and I are having really good training classes of late. There were 19 dogs in class this morning which is ALOT. He did very well on his loose leash walking, his leave its, and his impulse control. We've gotten in lots of walks today and some puppy play time with his buddy Rex. I've pretty much kept the boy going all day and Toby has not had much of a nap today; he is finally sacked out on the kitchen floor after dinner. We've had rain all around us today. Sure would be nice if we got some--my yard could use a little water.

Janie: practice will make perfect for your band. Nothing like practicing and performing to help you all perfect your groove. Most important is that you are having fun. Cardio on the beach and yoga sounds good. Maybe I'll do a week of yoga just to change things up. Toby and I are visiting sister this week--she would love to do yoga with me (NOT!). Toby and I are entered in 3 days of dog shows in Salem, VA--so we'll be staying at Renee's and she will be my helper at the show. Looking forward to seeing my family and doing another series of shows.

Hope everyone is having a wonderful Saturday.
Michelle

XTRAIN Tabatacize 1 and 2 today. Thinking I'll try to do 3 through 5 tomorrow. Busy week coming up so I'll be "winging it" on my Cathe workouts--going for short but intense.

Hope everyone is doing well.
Michelle

Hi Everyone, checking in so you don't think I went missing again. Did lots of walking today. I also bought a Martin 12 string guitar. YIKES! I love it!!

Great job Michelle for almost finishing ICE/XTRAIN Great job on Tabatacize 1 and 2.

Take care,

Janie

Today was Total Body Sculpting and a short walk with the doggies. Felt good to use weights even though they light.

Janie

Today was a cardio video using step ups for 20 - 25 min. Later will take the doggies out for a short walk. Looking forward to oatmeal nuts and a banana.

Janie

Hi everyone. Sorry, I've been MIA for a few days. I was "taking a break" from exercise while Toby and I were at three days of dog shows in Salem, VA. Visited with my sister and we drove over from her house to the show every day. Toby and I managed to take second in our class and we are continuing to improve on our ring presence. I'm hoping that by the beginning of the 2017 show season, we will be seriously competitive. I'm pretty sure that if I had Toby with a handler, he would be winning but with me being new to handling, I am still learning. I know where we've improved and I know what we need to work on. So, we just keep working and try to get a few more shows in before the Thanksgiving/Christmas holiday season. Took a three day break from Cathe workouts while visiting my sister and attending the dog shows. My body needed a break and this week I'm just going to do "light" workouts from Basic Step. Then I may pick up with Cathe's August rotation next week.

Janie: Very exciting news about your new Martin 12-string. Your fingers are going to get a whole new workout. I'm interested in hearing what the difference is between playing a 6-string and a 12-string. Did you pre-order Cathe's new barre and barre workouts? I decided to pass on the workouts for now. I will be pre-ordering the Strong and Sweaty series though; how about you?

Waves to Kathy, Cindy, and Laura.
Michelle

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.