Getting Our Licks In!

Today, I got up at 5:30 (normally I get up at 9) to go clam digging. OMG! So much fun and only took about a half hour to get our limit. Man is my back sore though. Next time will use my legs more. Ouch. I'm OK, just sore.

Janie

Lots of clamming the last few days, and so very busy. I really thought I checked in yesterday, but I haven't since Monday. Ugh...!

Janie

Very busy week. Sticking with the May rotation. Today was IMAX2--one of my favorites.

Janie: Clamming sounds like fine. I'm not a fan of clams but my husband likes them. Next time using those legs and doing some squats will give you a little bit of a leg workout. Did you have clams for dinner?

Waves to Kathy, Cindy, and Laura.
Michelle

There's something to be said for having a lazy Saturday--not the case for me today. Pup and I were up and rolling this morning: two short walks and then obedience training. After obedience training, we went to the post office to get stamps and then came home and went for another walk. Followed morning dog activities with Cathe's Flex Train, did laundry, vacuumed our vehicles, and did some house cleaning and straightening up. I even put air in our wheelbarrow tire which has been quite flat for a while. Now, I'm kind of pooped out and would love to take a nap but it's too late for a nap so I'll probaby opt for a dog walk in a little bit. It does not seem like a dog walk is equal to a nap, does it?

Janie: MM is a great total body workout. An oldie but a goodie. Are you still clamming or have you and Joey had your fill of clams for a while?

Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend.
Michelle

Did some intermittent cardio on the beach today. Took about 30 min.

Michelle, Great job for you and Toby on the 2 short walks, then obedience training. Then yet another walk and Flex Train, laundry, house work and car work. No a dog walk is not equal to rest. LOL! Clamming is over until the 21rst, then my girlfriends and I will do it all over again. Joe is fine not being with a bunch of ladies. LOL! His loss. But each time I get 15 clams (they are always so big) we get at least 3 meals out of it. So cool!

Take care,

Janie

Sorry I've been MIA, work and home have been very busy and I've had little time for anything. Exercise has been nonexistent for over a week. our carpet was installed in the basement so I've been organizing/cleaning/setting up bedrooms and the kids officially are in their own rooms now :) I will get back on track with working out tonight, probably a Hiit workout for something short since I need to get caught up on things around the house that have been neglected.

Janie - Clamming sounds fun and delicious! Great job with all that activity.

Michelle - You're busy too! Nice to get so much done but hopefully things slow down a bit soon.

Cindy

Hi Cindy,

Don't worry about being MIA, we all seem to do it from time to time. It's life. Congrats about the carpet installed and organizing, cleaning, setting up bedrooms for each of the kids. Have fun doing a hiit workout tonight. Perfect for getting back to normal.

Take care,

Jaine

Today is a rest day and caught two crabs today. Our dinner was a feast! I did share one with my neighbor. She's worth it. LOL

Janie

Another busy week--where does the time go? Nearing the end of the third week of Cathe's May rotation: XTRAIN Bis and Tris today plus two nice walks with Toby. Also spent an hour this morning and this afternoon brushing him out and working on trimming his ears. Boy oh boy, the golden dog hair that I got out of his coat. This is all to get him ready to go to the groomer tomorrow--all in preparation for our first dog show on Saturday. Yes, it is outside and yes, it is supposed to rain. So while Toby is at the groomer tomorrow morning, I need to go buy rain boots that I can move in while showing him in the ring on very wet grass.

Cindy: I'm with Janie--don't feel bad about not checking in lately. We all go through busy bouts. Very exciting that your basement is carpeted and the children all have their own rooms now. You may not have time to exercise but I bet you've been very active.

Janie: Looking forward to my rest day on Sunday. Crabs for dinner sounds really good.

Waves to Laura and Kathy.
Michelle

Thurs. was Metabolic Total Body and today was To The Mat: Legs & Glutes. Ouch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Went to the marina and got about 20 sea bass carcasses. I am now making fish broth. Best in the world. Our Pacific ocean where I live has the best seafood, meaning no chemicals, no iodine, mercury... Can't do better than this, and all free. I'm still crabbing and got a really big one this morning. Nummy.

Michelle, Good job nearing completion of May rotation. Great job on XTRAIN bis and Tris and two walks with Toby. He must love you spending so much time with him. I would! First dog show on Sat.? You must be excited. Keep us posted please. Hope there is no rain. Darn!

Take care Michelle,

Janie

So, today was Toby and my first show. It was outside. It poured rain; it was muddy. Toby behaved in the ring but didn't place. We officially have our first show behind us; day 2 tomorrow. I did about 50 things wrong today; hoping to do only about 40 things wrong tomorrow. Learned some new things; met some really nice people. The judge was very nice and provided good feedback. Toby is cleaned up, dry, and brushed out. Ready to go again tomorrow morning; hoping that it, at least, does not rain tomorrow. We'll see. Washed a load of dirty towel from this morning's activities, did Great Glutes, and then after cleaning up, took a nap.

Janie: Metabolic Total Body is one of my favorites from the ICE series. To the Mat is a good leg workout. You are right; ya'll get some great seafood and fish in the North Pacific. We order Halibut and Salmon from a place in Washington State called SeaBear. We usually order from them when they are doing their special "fresh catches."

Hoping for some sunshine tomorrow. Waves to Laura, Cindy, and Kathy.
Michelle

Did Rock'm Sock'm Kickbox today. I'm really liking these ICE workouts.

Michelle, So sorry the weather didn't cooperate with you and Toby's event. Relax and enjoy the process, all will be just fine. Great job on doing Great Glutes. Haven't heard of SeBear. Will check it out. I'm loving fresh free food. I'm getting ready to see if any crab is in the trap. Hope so. Yummy...

Take care,

Janie

Had my crab pot stolen and needed to do all the things I need to do to report it. Also was trying very hard to get attention to the proper authority to save a distressed seal pup. Both government oriented and very very hard to do. They make it literally impossible to talk to. YOU CAN'T! But with help from my friends I was able to get these things done. So, being stressed out to the point of crying, I did not do my workouts. Will have to start all over again on Monday. I need a break... Preparing for 9 loaves of sourdough bread to bake tomorrow. Nice for a change.

Janie

Finishing up the last week of Cathe's May rotation. Monday was LIS Low Impact Challenge, Tuesday was ICE Chiseled Upper Body, Wednesday was XTRAIN Cardio Leg Blast, and today was ICE Total Metabolic Body. Spring/summer has finally come to Virginia. Enjoying the warmer weather. Finally.

Janie: Dang. Who steals a crab pot? I mean, really now? I hope t he seal pup is okay. Deep breaths. Don't sweat the crab pot. I know it's frustrating but tomorrow will be a better day.

Waves to Laura, Kathy, and Cindy.
Michelle

Now that I have prepared nine loaves of sourdough bread. Will be baking all day tomorrow. That is, after I sing and play at the retirement center for an hour. The are such a hoot. Love it there!

Michelle, Congrats on finishing up on the last week of Cathe's May rotation. For Mon LIS Low Impact Challenge, Tues. ICE Chiseled Upper Body, Wedn. for dong XTRAIN Cardio Leg Blast and today ICE Total Metabolic Body. Glad you are enjoying the weather. Love this time of year. Will be going crabbing on Sat. A friend of mine had an extra pot and gave it to me. So sweet. I hope the seal pup was able to be brought back with his mother. I may never know.

Take care dear friend,

Janie

Last edited:
Another beautiful day here in Virginia. Toby had puppy playtime with his buddy Rex, the springer spaniel, twice today. He is cooling off in front of his fan on the cool tile floor in the kitchen--not too spoiled. I did RWH LIH Two and STS Pilates Abs today. Just one more day of the May rotation and until my rest day on Sunday.

Janie: your post is much more chipper than the previous. You don't let things get you down too long. I think I could smell your bread baking all the way across the continental U.S. today. Don't you and Joey eat it all at once.;)

Waves to Laura, Kathy, and Cindy.
Michelle

Another gloomy day. When I got to the place where I play and sing (Dolphin Cove) a member (Deloris, 98 years old) was sleeping and no one could wake her up. I asked if I should leave, but they said to please play and help boost morale. So I did. In the middle of it, they decided to call paramedics. When they came there were several people and didn't dare interrupt by leaving. So I waited for them to take her to the hospital. But there was a dilemma, Her last wishes to do with her was unclear. So while they discussed the situation she was slipping deeper and deeper into sleep. I certainly didn't want to be there and do nothing. So I made my way out the door, and when I passed her, I told her to have a beautiful deep rest and will see her again. In just a short time, I grew to care about these people and looked forward to seeing them every Friday. It's a sad day. Please pray for Deloris.

Michelle, Glad to here Toby and play time with Rex. Great job on RWH LIH 2 and STS Pilates Abs. Enjoy your rest day on Sun.
A friend of mine didn't use his crab pot for about 10 years and gave it to me. Will be crabbing tomorrow. Guess what? I've been dealing with bread all day and after the loaf in the oven now, I only have one more to bake. All together I have 8, only because I put two recipes together and baked them. I can't stay up much longer. LOL! I need to relax and watch some Deep Space Nine. A world far away from mine. Well, just for a little while. LOL!

Trying to finish up some art work before I start another rotation tomorrow. It (art work) will be done sometime next week.

I haven't seen the pup. I don't know what happen to it. Ugh... Deloris was sent to the hospital by the Retirement Center. The hospital sent her back to the Retirement Center, unresponsive and asleep. They called the paramedics to take her back to the hospital. They eventually sent her to a nursing home to live out her life. Ugh... She will die any day now. Hoping family is with her. That's how they do things according to the "Living Will" and what the person wants.

Janie

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.