Getting Our Licks In!

Speed walked the beach by walking as fast as I could for 30 seconds, then regular walking for 90 sec. Did this 8 times. Whew! So good for me!

Laura, You are doing great on your exercises, sometimes life is what it is. Just as you are doing, continue with the exercises when you can. Great job on finishing Week 4 Meso Cycle 1. Congratulations! I'm queen of modification, it works, trust me. I will make sure to use good body mechanics, if I don't I'm in trouble. I go slow.

Take care, you are doing well,

Janie

Today was Low Impact Challenge. It has been quite a while since I've done this workout so I really had to pay attention to Cathe's cues. Toby seems to be on his way to recovering completely from his elbow strain. He is not limping anymore or holding his paw pitifully when he sits. But we still are taking it easy: no long walks, no running, no jumping, no puppy playtime with his dog buddies. We are taking short walks, we did go to obedience class this morning, and we had mommy-puppy playtime which I keep more low key. Right now, the sweet pup is taking a nap.

Cindy: happy anniversary. Hope you and your DH have a wonderful weekend. You shouldn't feel too guilty about missing a kid activity; it sounds like you were packing alot in with them before your weekend.

Janie: working in the yard is always a good workout. Different type of cardio and weight work--good calorie burner.

Laura: Cardio Core is tough; good for you getting through it and feeling good. How much longer will you be attending school? You've been in this program a couple of years, correct?

Kathy: hope your are doing well. We miss you.

Michelle

Today was Rock'm Sock'm Kickbox. Modified of course.

Michelle, Great job on LIC. Glad to hear Toby is on his way to recovering from his strain. Good you are still taking it easy on him.

Kathy Sis, Missing you Sweet Pea...

Take care,

Janie

Really beautiful weather in Virginia today: clear blue skies, 70 degrees, sunshine. Sweet. After walking Toby (three short walks) this morning, I did some yard work then Slide and Glide. Right now, we are watching the Nationals-Twins baseball game. Toby is taking a little nap.

Janie: nice job on Rock'm Sock'm--it's a fun one.

Waves to Cindy, Laura, and Kathy.
Michelle

We had a great weekend celebrating our Anniversary (it will be 14 years in May!) and just enjoyed relaxing :) Not a lot of activity but tonight I plan to do RWH Circuit Lower Body. My parents recorded Brodie's tournament so we were able to watch everything and he got 1st place on forms and tied for 4th on sparring, he did great!

Laura - Those dread factor workouts can be tough but great job pushing through and having some energy afterwards! Don't stress about life keeping you from working out, much different than just choosing to eat ice cream and watch TV ;)

Michelle - So glad you're having beautiful weather, a wet spring has came back which is needed. You got a lot of activity in for just one day!

Janie - Yard workouts use our entire body, nice to get that in and have a beautiful yard to show afterwards!

Cindy

Today was Chiseled Upper Body. Love the Ice Series! They were made just for me, I swear.

Cindy, Happy 14th Anniversary! So fun isn't it? Nice that Brodie's got 1rst place on form and tied 4th on sparring. Yea!

Michelle, Glad you are having such wonder weather. Enjoy! Great job on walking 3 short walks with Toby and yard work, also Slide and Glide. Please give Toby a pet for me.

Take care,

Janie

Yesterday was a day off. There is a vet who wants my ashed fused glass made into jewelry, binder. Today I worked all day to get it done. I'm still not done, but didn't get a chance to exercise. Ugh...

Caitlin, Always nice to see you posting. Missed you! What have you been doing? Great job on aerobics and upper body.

Take care,

Janie

Monday night I couldn't get the sound to work so I didn't workout, disappointing especially for Dave to just show me someone hit mute on the computer. Tuesday was Tabatacise 1-3 and last night I did Xtrain bis & tris. Tonight I'll do Hiit 30/30 and start cleaning the house. This has been a busy week for all of us and I'm just doing what I have time for right now.

Caitlin - Nice work on the STEP and Upper Body - I know my arm muscles are feeling tired today.

Janie - That's so awesome they asked for a binder of your jewelry, it's such a wonderful way to keep loved ones close. I love the ICE workouts too :)

Waves to Michelle, Kathy, and Laura.

Cindy

Busy week. Toby and I are back to our regular schedule of obedience and handling classes. I'm on the last week of the April rotation. Today was "pick your own cardio" day. I did ICE Low Impact Sweat. I'm with your Janie; I really like the ICE series. I was at a meeting today at Quantico and the use of plyometrics came up. One of the men (retired Navy corpsmen; civilian statistician now) had no idea what plyometrics is. I told him one day when I was dressed more appropriately, I'd be happy to show him some plyometric exercises (I'm thinking plie jacks and explosive burpees, just because I know he'll shake his head and say "no way").

Cindy: nice that you and your DH had a relaxing weekend. Hate when technology outsmarts me and it is really something so simple like the sound being on mute--LOL! It happens. Those are good workouts on your schedule this week.

Janie: ash fused glass? You are truly a creative person.

Caitlin: nice to have you drop in. Hope you have been doing well.

Waves to Kathy and Laura.
Michelle

Today is scheduled legs & Glutes. Will do them tonight.

Cindy, Great job on Tabatacise 1-3 and last night Xtrain bis and tris. You are dong awesome, keep up the good work. Technology can be confusing, I've done the mute thing myself. Very disappointing.

Michelle, Yea! So glad you and Toby are on a regular schedule these days. How wonderful! And congrats for being on the last week of the April rotation. Great job on ICE LIS. Yep, I can see you showing retired Navy person some moves. You are so right! LOL!

Take care everyone,

Janie

I finished up Meso Cycle one and enjoying my rest week with some fun cardio's

Wed was Ice KB...which is WAY though than the STS KB workouts I did!! I have to say it didn't feel intermediate even without the blizzard blast! & ICE Core 1

Thurs: oldie but goodie Rhythmic Step

Today was Ice Low Impact sweat..Michelle I saw you did that one too! I really like it was well (+) Icy Core 2

It's cold with a rain snow mix here today! :( I have finals next week so not sure how much I will check in'...or workout!! :0

Michelle: plie jacks are the worst!!! show him how they are done!! Have you done to the Mat? Thinking of giving it a whirl for a study break later today if I have time

Janie: I like leg and glutes!

Today was RWH Plyo HIIT 1 and STS no equipment abs. Kind of dreary weather here but the rain has been intermittent so Toby and I are getting in some good walks. This morning we did our 2 mile walk for the first time in 2 weeks--at a slightly slower pace so I didn't overstress my boy. He also played a little with a 13-week old wired-hair retriever puppy named Franco. Just light playing. Nothing too rough given the puppy was so much younger and smaller than him. We also started working on his free stack today.

Laura: I have done To the Mat. I think it was on the rotation a week or two ago. It's a good low key lower body workout. Good luck on your finals. I know that you'll be relieved when you get those over with.

Janie: I'm also a fan of Legs and Glutes. Always a goodie.

Waves to Kathy and Cindy.

Michelle

Good training class with Toby this morning. Then finished Cathe's April rotation with Flex Train. Hoping she posts a rotation for May. Enjoy your Saturday!

Michelle

Rest day today.

Laura, Great job on Wed. Ice KB and for Thurs. Ryhthmic Step. I love that one. And for today's Ice Low Impact Sweat. Congrats on finishing up with Meso Cycle Cycle 1 and enjoying your rest week with some cardio's. Yea! Hope all turns out well with your Finals next week, check in when you can.

Michelle, Great job on RWH Plyo HiiT 1 and STS no equipment abs. And some good walks between intermittent rain. For 2 miles. Bet it was nice to get back to normalcy and that Toby is feeling much better. Also for Training class for Toby and congrats for finishing April rotation with Flex Train.

Take care everyone,

Janie

My weekend was filled with chores so I didn't get time to do a full on workout, yesterday was XTrain chest/back/shoulders and tonight will be Tabatacise 1-4. Lily is officially done with cheer so I plan to walk Brodie to Tae Kwon Do tonight and I will start applying wax to the dresser, lots of other little chores to do too :)

Michelle - Glad Toby is doing better and great job wrapping up the April Rotation. I need to look at May and see what fun stuff she has out there.

Janie - A rest after legs and glutes is usually needed for me :)

Laura - Good luck this week with finals, don't stress about working out when you have so much going on already.

Cindy

Today was on my climbing machine for 25 min.

Cindy, It's always good to catch up on chores. Great job on XTrain chest, back, and shoulders. How was Brodie's Tae Kwon.

Take care,

Janie

Busy week at home and at work. Doing Cathy's May rotation. Today was XTRAIN cardio leg blast--one of my favorites. Toby and I had a great class this morning. He excelled at the new impulse control game that we did. Everyone brought a tug toy with them to class today. The exercise was first play tug with your dog and get them excited. No problem there. Toby LOVES playing tug and excited might as well be his middle name when it comes to his tug toy. Then get your dog to release the tug and sit--still. The reward for sitting still is playing tug again. We did this for about 5 minutes, then did something else for a while and went back to the tug exercise. Let's just say Toby is the most exuberant tug toy playing dog in class and he did very well with dropping his tug and sitting. Next step is to move the tug toy back and forth in front of him and he remains sitting, looks at me, and then the reward is playing tug again. Pup is a bit tired this afternoon. So am on but I need to run some errands.

Cindy: how did tabatacise go the other day? Did you get through the four you planned to do? That's another one of my favorites. Did you refinish a dresser? How many coats of wax do you apply?

Janie: how are you feeling now that you are back to exercising pretty regularly? Seems like you've been pretty consistent the past month or so. And you haven't mentioned having any issues with your GERD for quite a while. Do you have that under control now?

Waves to Kathy and Laura.
Michelle

Felt like a cardio today, so walked the beach as fast as I could intermittently. A nice do it yourself cardio HiiT. I managed to keep going for 30 min.

Michelle, Great job on XTRAIN cardio leg blast. Nice to hear Toby excelling at the new impulse control game. Congrat Toby! Sounds like a fun time with the tug toy. So glad he did it so well.
I'm feeling really a lot better than usual. Do to Consistent exercise. GERD: I still have my days, but they have been shortened and I don't know why. I only eat my 2nd fermented sourdough bread. Starting with my own starter. It takes 2 full days to prepare and then another day to bake. For some reason I can handle this in my GERD system. Yea! I feel fortunate.

Take care Michelle,

Janie

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.