Getting Our Licks In!

Challenges: Push Ups on Toes with 90 sec. between sets: 20, 25, 20, 20 and 30. Whew! Pull Ups with 60 sec. between sets: 6 Assisted, 5 Australian, 6 Assisted, 5 Australian, 1 hang. After Friday I will do this week again and add one or two to the sets. This is hard! Sit Ups with 45 sec. between sets: 30, 30, 36, 36, 27, 27, 33 and 90. Then did heavy lifting for my hamstrings, quads, inner and outer thighs, shoulders, biceps and triceps.

Laura, Great job on the front quads and Athletic Step. Well done, that one is a toughie. I have the same problem as well to concentrate only on one system. I love them all! I know I needed to do better and all of you inspired me to do this. I never dreamed I could do 30 push ups on my toes without stopping. Who knew?

Great job on the STS Meso 1, disc 2 week 1, CC, and your full body push pull workout. You deserve a nice soak in the hot tub.:) Please be safe driving without power steering (I'd rather you wouldn't). Stay warm and get a new car ASAP.

Take care everyone and have a nice evening,

Janie

Well - unfortunately on Tuesday the thought of running on the treadmill (beyond boring!!) was so dreadful that I wasn't eager to exercise. . . so I thought - if this is going to keep me from excersing - then I'm not going to. I plugged in Step Mechanics and did combos 6 through 9. I love this workout - I LOVE learning the combinations. I got everything quite well - not perfect - but where I was totally comfortable and knew what I was doing except for one. I will go back and do this one again - and I don't think I'll have too much trouble. I also enjoy that she moves pretty fast - you learn it - then she moves on immediately. Afterwards I did a Cathe Ab hits. Last night - I stayed stepping and tried out "Not your Momma's step" with Patrick Goudeau. There are only 3 combinations - just 3. I'm thinking - well, gee - that isn't very much but it was like a full fledged dance routine. I only got through the 1st combo - and he really took his time teaching but it is sooo weird - he teaches the last part of the combination first - so when he puts it together I'm a little lost. It isn't in the order I learned it. :confused: I did this first one relatively well - not perfect - then was one step that was tripping me up. I did more ab hits with Cathe. Tonight I'm going to do a Cathe - although I don't know what - I think some strength training workout - total body.

Laura - no power steering - yeah - a new car sounds good - especially if you don't feel safe. Good job on your workouts - what are you doing for Valentine'd Day? This weekend Rex and I are going to that little Irish pub for dinner!!! We just exchange cards.

Janie - what are you and Joey doing for Vday??? You are so impressive with your push ups - sounds hard but I bet you feel strong!!

Hope Michelle is enjoying herself on vacation.

Hello to Elle, Renee, MicheleZ & Shadowpup!!

Meso cycle 2 is leaving me totally whipped, with major doms! I like it! ;)

Exercise every day. Work, work-out, karate, eat, sleep...nothing that exciting lately.

Janie, you are doing fabulous with your push-ups, pull-ups, sit-ups and exercise in general. Keep up the good work!

Wondering about Michelle...they don't have the internet in Jamica? I would have thought the resort would have computers for public use, like they do here in the US. Hope she is having a wonderful time.

OK, gotta get back to work. Keep on, keepin' on!

~Renee

Nice to have some activity here again!:D

I am taking an easy day, as I have been pushing it lately. I have serious DOMS in my lats today...I did Cardio Coach on the elliptical and then steamed for a nice long time.

Staying at my mom's and borrowing her car when I need to go some where...need to start researching what kind of car I might consider...

Janey: That's a fantastic job on the Push Ups. Wasn't just a few weeks ago that you said you could not even do 1? and now 30 on the toes with no break!! HOLLY COW!!

Shoegal: Bo has made reservations in town at a restaurant that is doing a special Valentines Dinner. Unfortunately I might have to teach that night if I can't find a sub, and my mom is out of town so the girls have to go to a friends house on a school night for awhile and I don't want to have to pick them up late....hopefully a sub will come through for me....Bo usually gets me something sexy to wear for him!:eek:

Catchick: I would think they would have internet accesses, but maybe it is really expensive or something! I am having DOMS again from Meso Cycle 1 even though it is only the first week!

Hello all! Did 4DS Lower Intensity Step DVD. Enjoyed myself - I actually put two risers on my step today - up until today I didn't use any risers. Feeling stronger all the time. Can't wait till summer to see how these workouts improve my walking/hiking capabilities. I think I won't have as many problems trekking up hills, etc. I have already noticed a lot of aches and pains going away - you know those pains you start getting when you are older and inactive? Yea those are going away!!!! Yay for Cathe!!!!

Used stair climber for 30 min. Joey's rotator cuff is giving him a lot of pain, so he hasn't been doing his normal exercise routine the last two times. The doctor had him get an x-ray. I think there will be surgery for him in his near future. Gosh Darn it! He's in pain.:(

Shoegal, Great job on Tues. Step Mechanics, Ab Hits, last nights venture with Patrick (I like him. I must try to get this DVD And great job on more Ab Hits. For Valentines we will exchange cards and have a special healthy dinner together. Maybe watch a romantic movie after. What will you and yours be doing? I'm loving the challenges, yes, hard but I'm true to it and waiting to see a more physical change. I guess that takes time though.:rolleyes:

Renee, Great job on Meso cycle 2. Yes, it can leave you wiped out. Great job on that! Thank you for the encouragement about the challenges. I bet Michelle is having a ball!:eek:

Laura, Glad to see you having an easy day today. Great job on CC using the elliptical. Joey and I always have great experiences with Toyota and Nisan, anything from that Co. and Jeep. I love my Jeep. Thank you for your encouragement on the challenges. I can't hardly believe it myself!

MicheleZ
, Great job on 4DS LI Step with 2 risers. I love that one as well.:) You are improving with leaps and bounds. Good for you! I'm sure because of the work you are putting in with the exercises, that you will see for certain improvement on all activities this Summer.:D Very proud of you.

Have a good one everyone,

Janie

On Wednesday morning on my way to work, a pick-up truck rear-ended my car while I was stopped in traffic.:( I was pretty shaken up. The back end of my car is pretty mashed up so I have a rental until it's fixed.

I've been a little sore so i haven't done anything for the last few days but i'm feeling better today so I'm going to try and get some yoga in.:)

Janie: You are doing so good with your push/pull ups! Keep up the good work!

Shoegal: I totally understand about dreading the treadmill! It can get boring so it's good that you just chose to do something else rather than skip the workout.

Laura: Hope you get your car problems sorted out soon!

Hello to everyone else!

Hello everybody -

Last night I did High Reps!!! A premix - legs first. It felt good - I have been doing all those TAs lately - and lifting practically no weights which is just scary when you think of going back to that. I have to - I think TA is somewhat effective - a different kind of "method" but nothing beats the feeling of weight in your hand.

DH was home from being out of town - all of the girls were delighted to see him. I wish you all could see how crazy wonderful Krista is. She has adapted to the routine of the house and now delights in it. She goes bounding out of the house with Dot and Scout and I can see her skipping around the yard. We give them treats before we kennel them - and she gets sooo excited about it. She loves to lounge on the couch at the end of the day and is now allowed to sleep in bed with us. I just love her.

I hope everyone has a great weekend. It is soooo cold here 5 degrees this morning!!! BRRRRR!!!! :)

Elle - I think we were posting at the same time - I didn't see your post until I posted. So sorry about your car - glad you weren't hurt - that was a frightening experience. It is good to take it easy after something like that.

Last edited:
Hello everybody. Did 4DS Bootcamp today. I was sort of dreading it because of the "bootcamp" title but it was actually a lot of fun. I had to modify a bit because I didn't want to do all the jumping but I didn't modify much.

Elle - wow so sorry to hear about your car accident. Def. take it easy on your body!

Janie - thank you for the pep talks! :D

I am really thankful that Cathe works as hard as she does to keep me in shape (lol). She is a true master at keeping workouts fun and keeping me motivated. I also love all the support stuff she does (forums, nutrition and workout software)....of course, I am preaching to the choir......

Challenges: Push Ups on Toes with 2 min. between sets: 23, 28, 23, 23 and 33.5. These are truly and really getting harder to do!:confused: Pull Ups with 1 min. between sets: 6.5 Assisted, 6.5 Australian, 5.5 Assisted, 4.5 Australian and 1 hang. This proves to be too much to handle, will have to do Week 3 Over again. I don't mind, I still feel I'm getting stronger, just can't pull half my weight up yet. Getting there, I think. Sit Ups with 45 sec. between sets: 30, 30, 36, 36, 30, 30, 40 and 90. Also did heavier weight than I've ever done before on hamstrings, quads, shoulders, biceps, triceps and inner and outer thighs. Whew!!!!!!:eek:

Elle, Oh Elle, so so sorry about the car rear ending you. Be careful with your neck and hope you didn't get a whip lash.:( So glad you are still moving about and thinking about continuing with yoga.

Shoegal, Great job on HR. I think the high reps are very effective. I believe doing heavy weights, light weights, squeezes, all...are all very important to our body and should (if you aren't on some kind of routine or rotation) should be done at least once a week, which would make at least 3 weight lifting sessions in one week. Then of course at least 3 cardios a week too. These are absolutely essential for our bodies to stay confused and in working order.:) Krista sounds like such a beautiful little soul.:) Maybe you should keep her? Sounds like she is fitting in so well with the family. Stay warm, those temps are so so so cold!

MicheleZ, Great job on 4DS Bootcamp. Good to listen to your body. Well done. I diddo what you said about Cathe. She is truly an amazing individual.:)

Have a safe warm evening everyone,

Janie

Started week 2 of mesocycle 2. Yesterday was Chest, shoulders and tri's. And my tri's are having super DOMS. Last week it was my chest...go figure. Today I did HiiT 30/30 and tomorrows Legs, since I will be short on time tomorrow, I doubled it up today. I am sure with some "delay" I will be feeling it in my legs.

Busy week ahead. Karate on Monday, Wednesday and belt graduation on Friday! Then on Saturday I will do the black belt physical fitness test for the first time. It involves front kicks, side kicks, push-ups, sit-ups and a mile run. The results should prove to be interesting and a good bench mark to see how I progress. I am still a year and half away from black belt, but hope to make "greater" strides this summer with more intense training.

The weather in central Virginia is beautiful. 50 degrees or so and sunshine. I love seeing the morning arrive earlier too! Spring is around the corner, hip hip hooray!

Janie, those numbers on your push-ups and sit-ups are very impressive!

Shoegal, MicheleZ and Elle: Looks like you all are keeping up the "good fight" too! I hope that Elle is able to do what she can. A car accident stinks, and can leave you feeling out of sorts. Take good care of yourself, OK?

Happy Valentines Day! Hope its filled with love and surprises!!

Love is not about finding the right person, but creating a right relationship. It's not about how much love you have in the beginning but how much love you build till the end.

~Renee~

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!!!

On Friday my "Bar Cabinet" from Pottery Barn had arrived. It looks like a beautiful cabinet all closed up but it open up into a bar. I love it - it is absolutely beautiful and made extremely well. I filled it up with stuff - and I feel as if I actually need more!! :rolleyes: My sister in law came down to see it and Rex mixed us up some cocktails. On Saturday I cleaned for a little bit - I had too - it was killing me!!! :eek::eek::eek: Later in the day we loaded up the girls, drove to Emlington and hiked in the snow on a converted railroad track that was made into a trail - Rails to Trails - is what they call that program. Whew - it was hard - and we were going at such a pace - it was a workout. It was such a beautiful day too. The girls were having a blast. Afterwards we headed to the Irish Pub for dinner - "McGinnis" I believe it was called. We exchanged cards and treats and had a great meal. We came home & watched a movie. So - it was a good Valentine's Day celebration for us.

Tonight - Oh gee - I think I'll do Patrick Goudeau again. I wanted to tell everyone when I first posted about this workout that while I like Patrick - the man can sweat like nobody's business. It looked like someone had hosed him down after the warmup!! It was kind of grossing me out.

Hope you all have a really great day.:D

Happy Valentines DAY!!:eek:
I have had a lovely beginning...an hour of Cardio 38 minutes on elliptical with Cardio Coach than 35 minutes on bike, than Week 2 of Meso Cycle 1 Chest Shoulders and Biceps. I really had a GREAT time working out today. I also did some core and an extra long stretch and sauna afterward! Now I can say I earned my dinner tonight! I also finally got some subs this morning at the last minute for my classes tonight so that really frees me up to get extra special pretty and enjoy my evening!:eek:

MichelleZ: Congratulations on all your forward progress!! Doesn't that just feel the BEST? I love 4 DS it was my 2nd ever Cathe DVD and my first of her series. It was the 1st step I had done in a dogs age and the 1st step I had ever done watching it on TV. The others in this group can attest to my confusion and sometimes comical attempts at it at 1st. At one point I really wondered if I could ever do it, but now I love it and reach for step more often than not...I read that thread you posted in about the workout slump. I thought your post was well written and very supportive so don't worry about what that other person posted....

Janey: Poor Joey! Hope he doesn't have to have surgery! You keep moving forward don't you??

ElleP: Oh no fun! Be real gentle on your neck for a few days at least, especially watch the pushups in your yoga, I am, unfortunately, well acquainted with whip lash and I speak from experience! Every time I pushed through it I REALLY regretted it later.

Shoegal: Good for you on High Reps! I know that step is your absolute favorite but it is good to pump those weights! Did you ever do STS? Sounds like a lovely day with REX. I think the Rails to Trails program is so awesome! I love new things! Enjoy your new cabinet!

Catchick:so I am about a month behind you! Meso Cycle 1 was my least favorite of the Cycles last time but I am liking it this time around! And I feel so much more stronger than the 1st time! Some of the weights are the same but some I am bumping up and really feeling it! Good luck on your Karate challenge! Loved the quote by the way

Happy Valentines Day everyone! You are all my sweethearts for supporting each other so well!!

Ladubose - thanks for the support about my workout slump post. I probably came across as harsh because no one can hear my intentions on the internet - my intention was to wake her up to all that she was losing - gee haven't we all been there and done that!? I clarified my thoughts a bit in a followup post.

I walked 3.25 miles today with Grady. I have ANOTHER sinus infection :mad:. Went to doctor today and got more meds. I don't feel too bad yet so I don't think it will affect my workouts much. I am not sure Grady had much fun walking. We have not walked in so many weeks that he was pulling a lot on his 23 FOOT extendable leash....like that wasn't enough line for him....sheesh.

Happy Valentine's Day!

Ate horribly today!:eek::mad::( Had a really good breakfast, but for lunch I ate two candy bars and some potato chips. For dinner it got worse, had a pizza, chocolate ice cream and tapioca pudding. I finished the challenges, but decided not to do the weight workout for fear I would barf! This does not happen often, thank God.:eek: I used Valentine's day for an excuse to eat the way I use to. Not a good idea at all!

Challenges: Push Ups on toes with 60 sec. between sets: 28, 35, 25, 22 and 36. Very hard! Week 3 of Pull Ups with 60 sec. between sets: 6 Assisted, 4 Australian, 5 Assisted, 5 Australian and a hang. I tried to do one pull up, it wasn't happening at all. I just hung there. Sit Ups with 60 sec. between sets: 60, 75, 38, 35, and 85. Joey exercised today, but of course no shoulder work. I'm so proud of him.

Renee, Congratulations for starting Week 2 of mesocycle 2 and today's Hiit 30/30. How was Karate class today?

Shoegal, Your cabinet sounds so beautiful, and useable too. Great job on your family out and hiked in the snow. How fun! LOL:), I know what you mean about Patrick sweating the way he does. LOL:)

Laura, I do try to keep moving forward. Today, Joey did his favorite workout without the shoulders. I'm so very proud of him. Great job on CC on the eliptical and 35 min on the bike and WK 2 of Meso Cycle 1, cor and stretching. Well done. It sounds like you enjoyed yourself. I love that feeling too.

MicheleZ, Great job on your 3.25 miles walk today with Grady. So so sorry about your sinus infection. Why are you getting so many?

Enjoy your evening everyone,

Janie

Didn't do anything today, I feel like total crap. I might have a cold and sinus infection. Seems like I am sick all the time doesn't it? However, I actually don't get sick very often. I do get sinus infections several times a year - just prone to them I guess. I think the one I have now is the same one I had several weeks ago and it didn't get completely cured so it came back after 2 weeks off the antibiotics. So, resting again.

Today was Rhythmic Step. Whew! I needed that!

MicheleZ, Your body is probably talking to you. Good thing you are listening. Rest up and get better. Poor thing.

Also wanted to add how great your advice was on the "Workout Slump" post. I believe you helped her a lot.

Janie

Last edited:
On Monday evening I did Patrick Goudeau again - got through the 2nd combo quite easily really - it surprised me. There is always one little glitch that will keep me from getting the whole thing - and if I stop and rewind and practice and get it and I'm good to go. This was the same with 1 and 2 - I rewound the workout a couple times to get it down - so I think both those combos are in the bag. I learned 1/3 of combo 3. This looks to be a very long combination. I will work on it tonight. After this I'm going back to step mechanics and doing that all the way through. I tacked on Ab hits at the end.

Yesterday, I took down Valentine's day decor and I decorated for St Patrick's Day. I had barely anything last year - I haven't really been too keen to decorate for St P in past years - but this year because of DH I decided to do more. I bought some things and worked really hard on putting it all out last night - the final effect was . . . . meh. There still really isn't anything - and I don't have the proper candles or platters - so it looks . . . let's just say I'm disappointed. :( I'm going to have to work on this some more tonight. I was really excited about it too. :( Oh well. On top of all that primping and positioning - it got so late I didn't work out. :(

I will rebound tonight and do more Patrick - step motivates me to work out - especially step like this when it is like dancing. Must go - hope you all have a really great day.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.