Getting Our Licks In!

I took Monday night off, just wasn't into it and last night I wasn't feeling weights so I did PiYo Core. Tonight will be Tabatacise and the length will depend on how much time I have. I think I may do a P90X3/PiYo rotation over the next month and then sneak in some Cathe Hiit here and there through the week :)

Kathy - I think what gets me is the time with the meal planning. I do a lot already but with kids' lunches I get burned out and drop myself :( I'll have to look into easy & quick ways to just have options of healthy protein for myself. You're doing great with your workouts and congrats on the DOMS, always a good sign!

Cindy

Still working on my rotation. There are a lot of DVD's to go through. But I'm getting there. And still doing yoga. I did Aerobic Yoga today. I love that one.

Read all the posts and you all seems to be working hard at exercising and staying healthy.

Sorry I have to go, will talk again.

Take care,

Janie

I came back to answer Cindy.

My meals are not set in stone. You can change the order of the meals to suit your schedule. With the kids keeping you busy your going to have to find whatever day would be good for food prepping. I just happen to do some on Saturday & some on Sunday. The Meal 5 I must eat the minute I get home. Its not technically a post workout meal but rather a pre-workout meal but it works for me. I get home at 6:20 p.m. eat the meal while cooking dinner & then after my workout which is usually 8:00 then I'll consume Meal 6. This is the only way I can get in all 6 meals. Ingrid tells you in her book that without prepping you reach for things that aren't good for you. I'm never hungry since starting this new program. I know you can do this.

Janie Sis: Glad you stopped in to post. Did you decide to do a PiYo rotation? Its very good btw. Do you have the complete set?

Gotta run now. TTYL,
Kathy

Kathy Sis, I do have the complete set, only I don't know what happen to the booklet that came with it. Darn! You seem to do well with your diet. Good for you!

Take care,

Janie

Been a busy week, for sure. I managed to get all my workouts in except BodyMax 2 on Wednesday. I think I might do either the cardio or weight portion of that today along with one of the Yoga Relax premixes. Yesterday was DrillMax. Holy moly! I have not done drill max in a long time and after 75 minutes, I was toast. My legs were definitely feeling it last night. Today, Toby and I had puppy kindergarten this morning, then we went to PetCo to get some dog food, training treats, and, of course, a couple of toys. Toby got a Halloween spider and a new tug toy with lots of "legs" on it as well. Right now the pup is napping. I'll probably go get my workout done after I finish typing this checkin.

Kathy: thanks for holding down the fort during the week. The thought of prepping 6 meals a day just doesn't appeal to me. I'm not the cook in the household and sadly, I am more apt to prepare stuff for Toby than for me. The new rotation you are doing sounds intense.

Cindy: I love seeing the pictures of your family on FB. I think your DH posted some really cute pictures after last weekend.

Janie: how are the yoga practices going? Is your new craft room done?

Beautiful day here in Virginia. Warm and no humidity. Pup and I will definitely be getting some more walking in later today. Hope everyone is having a great weekend.
Michelle

Had a relaxing weekend. DH had a performance before 500 people out at Jamesport which is where farms are as well as wineries. He said he played 24 songs. He had a blast.

Saturday I continued w/the EBE2 rotation which was again that dreaded leg workout. I don't like the fact that I only have 1 day of rest before hitting the legs again. Thought I was going to cave on that last superset. I also did Cardio Pump the cardio only which is workout #1. Sunday was EBE2 Upper Body + KCM's Cardio Blast #1. These EBE workouts are intense enough let alone having to do cardio afterwards. I'm thinking of just adding in some ab work b/c there isn't any. Tonight I plan on switching up the rotation a little & doing KCM's Quick Cardio Fix #1 which is low impact. Tomorrow I'll hit the glutes but just too damn tired today.

Michelle: Good job on completing the entire Drill Max. I love that one but only do one of the premixes. I haven't completed the entire workout in a long time. Toby must love all the new Halloween toys. How's puppy kindergarten coming along? Prepping 6 meals is not for everyone & this week's meals were quite a bit of work. The 1st week's meals were so much easier to do. I had a feeling that you weren't the cook your DH is. Sure wish my DH would chip in once in a while & do the cooking.

Janie Sis: Is your craft room finished yet? We all want to know.

Waves to Cindy!
Take care everyone,
Kathy

Last week was a ball of stress for me at work and it showed as I dove into sugar and wine, ugh! I was on major bloat yesterday and cleaned up the eating and already feel better today. I started the PiYo/P90X3 rotation yesterday with PiYo Sculpt. I have a really busy end of the week/weekend and I know exercise will be limited so I'm doubling up today and tomorrow. I got up at 4:55 this morning and did PiYo Buns and will do AgilityX tonight. Tomorrow morning will be early again and I'll do PiYo Core. The kids start school tomorrow so I'll be late to work so I can see them off. 4th grade gets serious for these kids, no morning recess, start earlier and are out later than the rest of the Elementary School!

Janie - Glad you're getting those walks in also, sounds like a great schedule you have right now.

Michelle - Dave is so much better than me at posting pictures! Glad you enjoy them :) I love seeing Toby, he's so fluffy I want to hug him through the screen! Great job getting those workouts in on a busy week.

Kathy - Sounds like a fun gig for your hubby! Nice way to spend a weekend. Great job on your workouts and meal prep. I know I need to do a better job of meal prep for myself, I do at least have go-to's that are quick and work for me.

Cindy

Another very busy week. Gosh, August is almost over. Where did it go? Monday was Lean Legs and Abs; Tuesday and Wednesday were very long work days so my only "exercise" was walking Toby--thank goodness for my pup. Today, back to normal schedule--Toby and I walked 1.6 miles this morning and then I did RWH low impact 2. I got through 10 minutes of the workout with Toby roaming around me and then I had to put him in his crate. One of these days, he will learn to just chill (not in the crate) while I work out. Right now, it looks like play time for Toby but all good things in time. Toby is now just over 40 pounds and he is just full of himself but as sweet as a golden retriever can be. This Saturday we will finish our fourth week of puppy kindergarten. I've been so busy at work that I haven't had time to really work with him on our new stuff from this past Monday night: slow treat delivery and wait. I really just have to remember to work those things into our normal routine and interactions.

Cindy: Nothing like a new school year, exciting yet challenging. How are the kids doing with their new school schedules? I don't know how you exercise that early in the morning. I need that morning walk with Toby just to wake me up.

Kathy: I hear you on having those leg workouts piled so close together. It seems like last weeks workouts were really hitting the legs and tomorrow I have Cathe's Cardio Leg Blast. Oh boy--it's actually one of my favorites. Please refresh my memory: what is EBE?

Waves to Janie!
Michelle

Quick check-in: did Cardio Leg Blast and STS pilates abs today. Just about done with Cathe's August rotation. Boy--where did the month go?
Toby went to the groomer today and looks so handsome now. I'm going to get some pictures and post them on FB. Right now, the pup is pooped and napping; he didn't get any naptime this morning or for much of the afternoon. Hope everyone is having a wonderful Friday.
Michelle

Just got in from taking Toby for a short walk and a play session with his springer spaniel budy, Rex. Had to spend a little time cleaning Toby up since he manages to get dirty during his play sessions. Just about have him looking all golden again except for around his neck. Will have to do a little more work on that area. I'm also going to having a pup in the house. Today is supposed to be a yoga relax day--might mix in a light cardio as well. Have to see how I feel later on. Toby and I have walked almost 3 miles so far today. Well, Toby just grabbed the toilet paper roll so I had a brief break from typing while I retrieved the dog and the toilet paper. I'm also trying out the feeding station with Toby today. He is definitely tall enough to stick his head in the bowls, so if this goes well, he will graduate officially from dog bowls on the floor to using his raised feeding station. Another milestone for the pup.

Hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend and getting their licks in.
Michelle

Been doing yoga. The art studio isn't ready yet. Joe just got surgery again for skin cancer on his back. It's the kind that surgery will work. Good news, no more on his body. That kind of news is so welcoming, since he gets at least 4-6 surgeries a year. He needs to recover until he gets the stitches out before he can continue on the Studio. Should be a couple weeks.

You all are so good on your workouts. Very proud of you.

Cindy, I have those days sometimes too. I'm greatly addicted to sugar and my symptoms are anxious, feeding frenzy, eat everything in site, short tempered,... ADDICTION!

Love hearing about Toby. Makes me smile.

Take care,

Janie

So I ended up taking a rest day yesterday. Toby and I walked about 5 miles over the course of the day, so not a complete rest day. Today I worked at home, got alot done. Did Higher Intensity Step/Cardio only from 4 Day Split. I feel like I need a recovery week after Cathe's August rotation. I haven't checked to see if she has posted a September rotation yet. I'm assuming if she does, it won't be until this weekend. Toby and I have puppy kindergarten tonight. We'll leave in about 30 minutes.

Janie: what a relief that Joey is okay. I guess he's stuck practicing that new guitar until he heals up and gets his stitches removed. I should do some yoga this week. I feel like my body needs it. You've inspired me once again all the way from Washington state. I love when you do that.

Waves to Cindy and Kathy.
Michelle

This morning was Aerobic Yoga. This afternoon was a walk with Rolly for 30 min. at the beach. Tonight was HiTT 30/30. YaHOO!

Michelle, Good job on your rest day. And today's 5 mile walk with Toby over the course of the day. Also for doing HIS/Cardio from 4DS. I saw the rotation. Woa! Congrats for doing it. Enjoy puppy kindergarten tonight.

Yep, he's telling me all about what he has learned in the theory. For me though I'm right where I want to be and can learn. Don't need anything else right now. Bless his heart.
Yoga...Yoga...Yoga...

LOL, Take care,

Janie

I've been busy doing Edge Booty Extreme #2. Tonight's 30 min. of cardio. I'll do KCM's Lean Body Circuits just the cardio premix. Between these workouts & doing all the prepping of my meals its quite daunting & tiring. My legs & glutes are always killing me & it disturbs my sleep. Ingrid says in her book to get at least 7-8 hours of sleep but how can I do that when my legs hurt? Ack! This is my 3rd & final week of the 1st Phase. Next week won't be any easier w/all the plyo weighted work I have to do. Double Ack!

Janie Sis: I sure could use some yoga right about now. LOL That's wonderful news re Joey. Aerobic Yoga reminds me of PiYo workouts. Who's the instructor? Give Rolly a hug from me. :) Enjoy your beach walks.

Michelle: WOW those are some serious walks you do w/Toby. No wonder he needs a nap. And 40#s already. He's certainly growing up fast. Good job on finishing up Cathe's rotation. I find that none of her rotations are easy. Kudos to you. I'm sure you could use a yoga recovery week. Namaste. :)

Cindy: I'll send you some snacks that will help you w/your sugar addiction. Their quite easy to prepare. I'll come back later & send you a PM.

Take care everyone. Enjoy your day.
Kathy

Today was Travel Fit. Nice I might do some cardio with the mountain climber watching TV tonight. See how the energy is then.

Kathy, Great for doing Edge Booty Extreme #2. I'm sorry you are feeling daunting and tired. Not a good sign. Make sure to prevent injury before you do an exercise. When you are feeling this way, you may be doing too much for your body. Listen to it. xoxo It's OK. The instructors for Aerobic Yoga are Ganga White and Tracy Rich. It's an old but good Yoga. Always return to it.

Take care,

Janie

So, I'm doing "light" cardio this week and hopefully will mix in some yoga/stretching. Monday I did 4DS HIS cardio only premix, yesterday was another break day, and today was 4DS LIS cardio premix only. Toby and I continue to walk, walk, walk. We do our longest walk in the morning which runs from 1.5-2 miles and then several quarter to half mile walks in the evening. If I work at home, we get more short walks in and our walk total is higher for the day. On days I come into the office, we only get in about 3 miles a day over the course of several walks.

Kathy: so, I hear you on the sore muscles and not sleeping. I've had a lot of trouble sleeping the past couple of weeks due to sore muscles. This week I've thrown in the towel and taken an Aleve before going to sleep and boy what a difference that makes. I've had two straight nights of 8 hours of blissful uninterrupted sleep. I don't like to take Aleve every night so I'll probably go without for a while and see how the sleeping goes. Funny thing is that Toby sleeps really well when I sleep well. Go figure.

Michelle

Last night was cardio and did the wedding video. Love that one, as you all know LOL!

Michelle, Great job on the light cardio this week. Very smart. And mixing in yoga/stretching. Good for doing Mon. workout 4Ds HIS cardio prem. only. For a break day and 4DS LIS cardio prem only. Toby must be catching on quickly now for walking with you. Thinking you have it all under control and figured out.

Take care,

Janie

Quick checkin. Did stretch max #3 with the band yesterday and Rhythmic Step today. Goodness. My feet and legs are tired now.

Janie: The wedding video might be on my exercise agenda for tomorrow. I always forget about that one until you mention that you've done it. Thanks for the suggestion!

Waves to Cindy and Kathy. Wishing everyone a safe and happy labor day holiday weekend.
Michelle

I've finished up w/the first 3 weeks of EBE2. Saturday started the Weighted Plyo Legs. You have to hold onto weights while jumping. This workout just takes your breath away. I use heavy weights while doing a squat & then hold onto 10#dbs while doing squat jumps. Today was thank goodness just weight lifting for the upper body. I've been using Cathe's warmups b/c I like them better & their longer. Tomorrow is Weighted Plyo Glutes which I have to jump again. After the workout I'll be going to the beach to relax..

Michelle: You've been getting in some serious walks w/Toby. And your workouts aren't shabby either. I have been taking Aleve for the soreness. I don't want to rely on it either. Hope your enjoying your Labor Day.

Janie Sis: How's Joey feeling since he had surgery? Good job on the wedding video. I know you love that one.

Waves to Cindy!
Kathy

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.