Getting Our Licks In!

Finished moving Arlysa and Ray. There house will sure to be gone tomorrow or the next day. The ocean is so powerful. Went to UFO group tonight and the host made us chicken soup and a lovely blueberry pie with sour cream. So good! She wanted to do something special for us. Wasn't that kind of her? Wow, these ladies are so good for my soul.

Kathy Sis, Great job on RWH back, shoulders and Triceps plus Bonus Abs 1. Sounds like a keeper to me. LOL Enjoy your DS's birthday celebration. I'm hoping to start the same rotation as you. Monday will be my first day.

Take care,

Janie

The people we moved out yesterday, well, there house is standing on end leaning off the bank. I've decided to relax from exercises until Monday and do the Getting Started Rotation on the new DVD's.

Janie

Last night I tried RWH Plyo HIIT #1. OMG! This one starts off easy but wow does it climb in intensity. Your doing quite a bit of tuck jumps. I tried doing those one arm burpees & only managed a 1/2 burpee. I just read Cathe's explantion on how to do them. My legs were going straight back instead of wide hence the 1/2 burpee I guess. I can't go as fast as they do either. I go at my own pace. Its all good. New moves & I was huffing & puffing through it all.

Today's my rest day thank goodness. I'm tired.

Janie Sis: Where did the couple move to? I saw all of the erosion in your state on the news yesterday morning. Its just horrible. Did the couple manage w/the help of many people get out some of their belongings? I hope they have some place to go. My heart goes out to them.

Waves to Cindy & Michelle!
Kathy

Sorry I was quiet the past couple days. Lucas got an ear infection so I was home with him yesterday and Lily woke today with a horrible barking cough, I have a feeling we will be seeing the doctor for her tomorrow. Food has been terrible for me, just bad decision after bad decision so I'm focusing it all back in today. The dark hot pink wall is finished :) I am planning to paint the other 3 walls and closet this weekend.

I'm on the same routine as Kathy with LIHI Chest/Shoulders/Triceps I didn't do the finishers and man it was pushing me even with that! Plyo Hiit 1 I felt slow compared to them and I really have some improvements to do with jumping around that mat! It will be a good challenge.

Kathy - It is much easier with a wide stance :) I'm loving the new workouts and new moves my body isn't used to! Happy belated birthday to your son, I hope you had a fun night!

Janie - It's so heartbreaking to lose your home, so glad they have such a great supportive group of friends and that you get that good soul uplifting from them, that's so important!

Cindy

Wednesday I did Pure Strength chest, shoulders, and triceps. That evened-out my upper body work on Pure Strength. Thursday was my "Golden Dome" break day. More about that later. Today I jumped into the new series and did RWHIIT plyo 1--quite the cardio workout. A couldn't keep up with Cathe's pace on every interval but just did what I could do--some of the intervals move pretty darn fast IMHO. So I'll be doing the last two weeks of the December rotation and then I'll decide which RWH rotation I will do from the user's guide which I've yet to download. Now, for the important stuff. I spent 3 and a half hours with my golden retriever breeder, Diane. I saw Seiko's puppies and got to love on them; they have both graded out as show quality. The next round of breedings should go sometime in January through February. Diane will try again on Miki, breed Seiko one more time, and may breed Twinkle if her clearances come back okay. We spent alot of time talking about golden retriever structure, going over grooming equipment and talking about how to groom a golden, and visiting with the golden retrievers. The time flew by like nothing. I took over 100 pictures. I will try to post some.

Janie: so sad about your neighbors. You guys really are getting hit with a ferocious storm. Northern California is catching it as well. Too much rain and wind--I hope you, Joey, and all your neighbors are physically safe and okay. Homes, although precious to us, can be rebuilt; people's lives cannot.

Kathy: okay so I have to ask: what does "a puke in a bucket" mean? Does that mean that you worked so hard you almost were sick? Oh boy. I have a tendency to feel overwhelmed by new workouts, like I won't be able to do them, maybe that's why I don't preview them but just jump right in. Sister things I'm strange that way. Nothing like a passionate review of a workout to make me look forward to doing it. Gulp.

Michellle

Joey and I rode our bikes to the homes where they are being washed away. Tool photos and visited with friends.

Michelle, Great job on Pure Strength chest, shoulders and triceps on Wed. And "Golden Dome" break day on Thurs. And for the new series RWHIIT plyo 1. That's what's it's about, doing the best you can even though the pace was a little fast. I can't wait to see Golden Retriever pictures. The storms haven't impacted on us at all. We were safe and comfortable.

Cindy, Awww, I'm sorry you guys are getting sick. Gosh darn! Good for you focusing on good healthy meals and servings. Can't wait to see photos of all the rooms paintings. Great job on LIHI chest, shoulders and triceps. I heard it's a toughie.

Kathy Sis, LOL! I heard these new DVD's are challenging. Oh Boy! Great job on doing RWH Plyo HIIT 1. Love that you could do 1/2 of burpee. Next time with a different form, you will do better. Good for you! I start Mon. Oh Boy! LOL! Enjoy your rest day.
People that were affected by their house going into the ocean, have places to go until they get a place of their own. They are were safe. My heart goes out to them as well. Most of them I know and may never see them again. So sad.

Take care,

Janie

Yesterday ended up being a busy day--did some yard work in the morning and then ran errands in the afternoon. Intermixed were moments of emotion--it was the one year anniversary of Ripken's crossing to the rainbow bridge. No exercise yesterday. Today I did Lift it Hit It Back, Shoulders, Biceps and bonus abs 1. I like this workout. Cathe kept saying "were going for strength" but I think her breaks were not long enough betwen sets, so I hit the pause button when I needed to. Loved the ab work. Some new twists on traditional moves and some new moves. I've got a RWH cardio tomorrow but not sure which one.

Kathy: I'm totally with you on RWH Plyo 1--I couldn't keep up with Cathe all the time either so also went at my own pace. I had the benefit of reading Cathe's explanation of how to do the one arm burpees so I was able to get those succesfully.

Cindy: sorry to hear that your Lucas and Lilly are under the weather. I hope they get over their respective illnesses quickly and that they don't rotate around the household. I also hope that you were able to get your painting done this weekend. I'm not sure how you balance all the things that you do.

Janie: looking forward to you getting into the new workouts. So glad you and Joey are safe. I hope the rough weather subsides for you all out there.

Trying a new brussel sprout recipe that my cousin-in-law gave me. They don't even smell like brussel sprouts and that is a good thing as far as I am concerned.

Hope everyone has a great week.
Michelle

It was a busy weekend but not quite as productive as I had hoped. Did Pilates on Saturday morning and got up this morning to do PiYo Strength Intervals, that was it for exercise. Lucas was worse on Saturday so I called the Pediatrician's office and they gave him another antibiotic, amoxicillin just doesn't work on my kids, he was finally back to his fun happy self yesterday. Lily is also better, just a little head cold.

My MIL wound up staying with us last night so that threw off my exercise and painting plans but I did get gingerbread houses baked (we'll decorate this weekend) and wrapped the kids' Christmas presents. Dave and I are off to a Christmas party tonight so that's why my MIL is staying with us, she and FIL were in town all weekend along with my BIL and his family for a basketball tournament but no one came over to see us, my husband is a bit hurt right now with it all.

Does anyone have Cathe's stationary bike workouts? And if so what do you think? Dave bought a stationary bike on clearance at our local Kmart that is closing, $55 for a normally $200 bike.

Tomorrow I'll get back on my RWH workouts and I'm looking forward to it!

Michelle - What a fun day with the golden's, it's getting close to when you'll have your new pup in your arms. Big hugs on the 1 year Anniversary, our bodies remember losses and tears are cleansing :)

Janie - A workout and a support for your friends, at least there is some sun shining in their lives during such a dark time.

Cindy

Today was RWH Low Impact workout 1. I did a little better keeping up with Cathe and the gang on this one. Some of the moves are super fast. One I could not keep up with was the forward lunges with dixie cups. And yes, I've definitely had DOMS from yesterday's Lift It Hit It workout plus bonus abs.

Cindy: First, I'm glad Lilly and Lucas have turned the corner on their respective maladies. Second, I can understand why your DH feels a bit hurt. Has he ever spoken with his parents about how he feels? Even if nothing changes, he might feel better just letting them know how he feels. Third, I do have Cathe's stationary bike workouts. I've done both but I'm not really a big fan of stationary bikes. I've wondered if I would feel better if I had a spin bike but I'm not willing to invest in one to find out--LOL!

Michelle

Sorry I've been MIA. Busy weekend & busy at work too. I'll be on vacation next week.

Saturday I started w/RWH Getting Started rotation. It was Legs. Whoa! That was intense for sure. Its so different from all the other leg workouts. My legs were jello afterwards. Sunday was LI HIIT 1. Kept up w/Cathe & crew on everything. It sure does move fast. Monday was Chest/Shoulders/Triceps. Cathe doesn't rest enough in between the sets. My arms were killing me especially using 25# dbs. I have no idea how Cathe goes so fast using 30's or 35's. Will pause the workout next time. Tonight's a rest day thank goodness.

Michelle: Can't believe it will very soon that you'll hold in your arms your new pup. I can't believe its already 1 year that Ripken is gone. Hugs to you. Are you enjoying RWH workouts as much as I am?

Cindy: I still cannot understand why your in-laws don't visit when their in town? Your DH should speak to them to find out why. Glad that Lucas & Lily are on the mend from their illnesses. I don't own a stationary bike but have taken spin classes. Not sure if a stationary bike would work well w/Cathe's spin bike dvds. How was the Xmas party?

Take care everyone,
Kathy

Long work day today: half the day at Quantico and half the day working at home. I expect tomorrow will be another long work day. Looking foward to having the week of Christmas and New Years off. Going to do a Shiva Rea lunar yoga practice in a little bit; the lunar practices are supposed to be relaxing. We'll see. Can't remember if I mentioned that DH has the shingles. It will be two weeks tomorrow. The rash is drying up really good but he is still experiencing alot of pain and just feels totally zapped. On the bright side (I think), we are really working on our eating and DH has lost 10 pounds. I'm hopeful that if he can lose another 25 that I can motivate him to get moving around a bit more and be more motivated about continuing to lose. Time will tell.

Kathy: I have RWH chest, shoulders, and triceps tomorrow. I agree that Cathe doesn't provided enough rest time between sets and I have been hitting that pause button when needed.;) I am enjoying the new workouts.

Michelle

Can't believe how fast time is going. Please forgive me for being MIA. Jeash! Still been helping people from Wash-a-Way Beach, packing for Shelton and picking up stuff from the Gallery. Once I get to Shelton things will be much more boring and can catch up and do art work. Didn't exercise like I thought I would. Darn, sigh... Maybe after Christmas? I just need some calm time.

Michelle, I'm looking forward having time with family as well. How was SR yoga? I like her and have a few of her DVD's. Oh No! DH shingles must hurt! My mom had them and I remember her uncomfortable. Congrats working on eating and for your honey losing 10 pounds. It should be a great motivator to continue on. Crossing fingers.

Kathy Sis, been MIA as well. Ugh. When I get back to Shelton will do the Getting Started rotation. I'm looking forward to it. Or maybe I should just wait until after Christmas. I don't know yet. Great job on starting RWH legs. Looks intense. And for Sun LI HIIT 1. Enjoy your rest day. You deserve it.

Michelle, Great job on RWH Low Impact 1. See you are already improving. Can't wait to get started on them. And for doing and getting DOMs from Lift It Hit It w/o plus bounus abs. Wow!

Cindy, Great job on Pilates on Sat. And Sun. PiYo Strength Intervals. Oh no, poor Lucas, and glad to hear they (Lucas and Lily) are doing better. Sounds like a fun time making ginger bread houses. Enjoy that Christmas party. No one came to see you? Did they know? Awwww I'm sorry and I'm sure it was hurtful. I would have seen you guys. xoxo. If you like stationary bikes, then you are in for a treat and a sweaty workout. Afterwards, rubbery legs.

Michelle, Great job on the yard work, errands. I know the emotions you are going through losing a fur baby. I'm sorry sweetie. Great job on Lift it Hit It Back, Shoulders and biceps and bonus abs. Pausing is good, yep. I'm not a fan of brussel sprouts. LOL!

Take care,

Janie

The Christmas party was a lot of fun, I sort of knew one woman but I'm pretty social so I didn't have a problem chatting with everyone. They are a great group of people and the food was delicious and healthy (at least what was gluten free) except for the flourless chocolate tart :) I did RWH Circuit Upper body and toward the end I felt like puking, good grief it's a good workout! More intense than I thought it would be at first and I really enjoyed it. It was 9:30 by the time I was done with exercising so I wrapped the last of my Christmas gifts and went to bed. Tonight I'm doing LWH Low Impact 2 and will get back down to the basement to do more prep work in Lily's room!

Food has been really good for me, I'm using My Fitness Pal to track my food and I like that they keep the sugars, carbs, fats, etc in green when you're in range and red when you're over. I'm working on staying within my sugar goal each day and then will tackle the fats, I wish nuts weren't so fatty :(

I'll have to try out the bike a bit (once it's out of the box) before buying her spinmax DVD, the one thing I've always hated is my butt being sore after riding one so we'll have to get a cushy seat.

Janie - It is so hard to get exercise in this time of year, too much to do! I'm waiting for overload to hit me but am exercising until that happens! I'd love a visit from you :)

Michelle - 2 weeks off will be so nice! At least you'll have plenty of time to get your licks in :) My dad gets shingles and really suffers, I don't know if he ever got the shingles vaccine or if it was too much and not covered by his insurance but it's worth looking into for him if he's old enough. Awesome that he's losing weight and I hope he keeps it up, it can be hard to motivate these men.

Kathy - Dave is very non-confrontational with his family and never says anything to them, I can understand it at times but it doesn't help the situation. I know I tend to not bring things up worrying it will hurt my mom so I just try to get over them, doesn't always work :) The speed and the weights are beyond my level, maybe I'll get there eventually!

Cindy

I had a nice relaxing dinner w/DH. DS works at 2 different pharmacies (CVS & Ocean Chemist) pulling 2 shifts a day so he's never around. :) The front of my shoulders are still killing me from Cathe's workout. This has never happened to me before. I must've been working it!! Tonight's RWH Plyo HIIT 1. I'm sure to be huffin & a puffin through this one.

Michelle: That's so painful having shingles at least that's what I hear. Perhaps it would be a good idea to have him get the vaccine from now on. That's terrific that he's lost weight. Kudos to you for helping him. I wish my DH would listen to me. I can only control dinner but not the rest of the day. You & I will be on vacation next week. Good for you for having 2 weeks off.

Janie Sis: I'm sure the couple that lost their house really appreciate everyone's help. Between helping them & packing up for Shelton its no wonder you can't get a workout in. The workouts will be there after Xmas.

Cindy: So I have to look forward to another puke in a bucket workout? LOL Oh no! I think according to the rotation I'm to do RWH UB Circuit on Saturday. Glad you & Dave enjoyed the Xmas party. Dave sounds just like my DH (Andy) as they don't want to rock the boat w/anyone. I can understand his point of view.

Take care,
Kathy

There's been a change of plans and will stay at the BH until Sat. Sat will move back to Shelton. LOL

Kathy Sis, Oh no. I'm so sorry about the front of your shoulders hurting. Do be careful and don't agitate it and make it worse. It might be vulnerable to injury.

Cindy, Glad the Christmas party was fun. Food was healthy? How nice. Great job on RWH circuit Upper body! Now I'm scared. It was so hard you felt like puking? Wow! Good for you for attacking the food intake. Very smart and serious. I love the bike workouts if it weren't so hard on my vagina. OUCH! LOL! I need a bigger cushy seat too, I think. LOL! I'll be posting no matter if I'm working out or not.

Take care,

Janie

Last night was RWH Plyo HIIT #1 + Bonus Abs #2. I still cannot do those one-arm burpees. I did try keeping my legs wide but I think my arm is too close b/c its still 1/2 a burpee. I think my hand needs to be further away in front of me. I'm determined to get this. I did have to pause the workout after one of the mat drills b/c I was out of breath. Its difficult to do this workout after a hard day at the office & waking up at 5:30. I'm finding this entire series much more intense than the others. And I haven't even done yet the circuits. Do all of you feel this way?

Tonight's LIHI Back/Biceps/Shoulders.

Janie Sis: Not to worry re my shoulders. Its coming from the resistance band in the finishers. I have to leave them out. Luckily tonight's shoulder work is hitting the back of the shoulders. I should be fine. Thx for your concern. What made you stay at the BH a little longer?

Take care everyone,
Kathy

Last night I did Low Impact 2 + Abs 1, I really liked the abs workout and actually the entire thing. I am dripping sweat and just beat by the end of these workouts. I am exhausted, still am, so I didn't get to the basement last night and I know I won't tonight because Brodie is testing for a high yellow belt tonight so my time will be limited after getting home and doing Circuit Lower Body. If I can get a couple easy items off my to-do list before bed I'll call it good :) I'm planning to get up early to do Plyo 2 first thing so I have more time to hit my to-do list Friday night. I need to sit down and realistically look at my to-do list and plan it out, time is slipping by!

Kathy - I think this is a really intense series, I feel like it's pushing my body in new way that it's not used to :) You'll get those one armed burpees!

Janie - Enjoy your extra time there :)

Cindy

Didn't get much sleep last night. To make a long story short, a dear dear friend of mine was starting to get sick at UFO. I offered to take her to the hospital. Felt her head an no fever, but she was sweating and having pain in her back and tummy. After we all left for home I got ready for bed and couldn't sleep. Tossed and turned until I saw the clock being 3am. I took out my computer in hopes to do something on it to make me go to sleep. On FB there was a message from my dear friend who said she drove herself to the hospital and doctors told her she had a clot in her right lung. I asked if I could help in anyway...I went to see her at the hospital and she is soooooo sick. Gave her presents which seemed she seemed to enjoy. Stayed there until she finally fell asleep after a couple of meds that didn't work until of course that last one. I'll see her again tomorrow. From what I understand, it will take a long time for her to heal.

Cindy, Great job on Low Impaact 2 and abs 1. It truly is a very busy time of year. Try to take some time for yourself if you can. I know...

Kathy Sis, Great job on RWH plyo HiiT 1 and bonus abs 2. One arm burbees might be a wish for me. LOL! But with your determination you just might get it. I do believe you will. Stayed at the BH longer because of my dear friends. They are so cool and have none in Shelton. Well, maybe one neighbor couple. But looking forward to doing intense art work and making healthy soap, trying out some polymere clay...

Take care everyone,

Janie

The Shiva Rea lunar yoga practice was very relaxing--a good one to do at night. Wednesday was LIHI Chest, Shoulders, and Triceps--Yowzers. Double-whammy on the shoulders with this series. I'm wondering if Cathe does more on shoulders for a reason? Do our shoulders need more work because we put more stress on them with everyday activities? Just wondering? Rest day yesterday and will do RWH Legs later this morning. It has been a busy work week. I'll put in a half day here at home today and then take off the rest of the day. DH can't get the shingles vaccine while he has the shingles. We need to talk with his doctor about how long he will have to wait to get the vaccine after he recovers from this. It's been two weeks and two days of the shingles for him and I'm hoping over the next few days he will start to feel less miserable.

This has been one very busy group over the past couple of days.

Janie: I hope your friend is feeling better; so good that she went to the hospital. YOU have the heart of an angel--such a good friend. God bless both of you.

Cindy: is there every enough time to get everything done? Sweet Brody--let us know how his test for the high yellow belt goes.

Kathy: yes, this new series seems extremely intense? I find myself thinking: how does she (Cather) keep coming up with these workouts and how can Cathe and crew make it look so easy? I'm doing the first leg workout today. I haven't previewed any of the workouts before I do them--have you? Based on your review earlier this week, I believe I have jello legs to look forward to later on--oh boy.

Hope everyone has a great Friday.
Michelle

Lily's cheer class was completely unfocused last night, right before Christmas is rough on these kids (and teachers!). I am going to have her practice over the 2 week break because their first competition is Jan 17th! She also needs to get her core stronger so I think I'll have both kids do some workouts with me like we did over the summer.

Brodie only did partial testing because it was mostly white belts. He did get to go up first thing and take everyone through 1st form, I was really impressed with him. His instructor (whom I hadn't met yet) talked with me afterwards and said he's focused (first time ANYONE has ever said that to me) and has a real knack with remembering the steps. He said he thinks for his age he's in the top 10! So proud of my boy :)

My exercise plans totally fell through and I was so upset about it! By the time the kids were down and I put lunches together it was 9 and I was emotionally and physically drained. I did a little bit of work with painting and then headed to bed and I opted to get 30 more min of sleep today so I'll do Plyo 2 tonight. I think I'm going to have to utilize some of the shorter options for workouts through Christmas to keep my sanity :)

This weekend has a lot on my list but we're going to bake and decorate cookies, decorate Gingerbread houses, and go look at some lights that are aligned with music. We'll have some fun in between the busy work.

Michelle - I can see a benefit to shoulder work and combating how we hold all our stress in shoulders. Maybe it helps with posture and thus keeping the stress out? Your poor husband, hopefully he get a nice Christmas miracle of no shingles!

Janie - So scary for your friend, you were worried and up thinking about her for a reason. It can be hard to admit we may need to go to the doctor! She's blessed to have you :)

Cindy

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.