Getting Our Licks In!

The dog show was great yesterday. The weather was beautiful, the fall colors were great, and the dogs were the stars. I watched labs, setters, brittanys, more setters, pointers, and finally the goldens. It was a small group-only 19--but alot of dogs are either already in Asheville, NC for the National Specialty or the owners/handlers are getting ready to roll to NC. They had a great weekend for the field trials and I hoping the Golden Retriever Club of American (GRCA) will post more pictures on FB. I skipped exercise yesterday and picked up with IMAX3 today. I also washed my kitchen windows and screens today, inside and out--it was just the right weather for it.

Janie: that's alot of clams. Ya'll are going to be doing some major clam eating. Watching the Weather Channel, it looks like ya'll are in for some cool rainy weather in the northwest. I hope Joey gets his water project done before the weather gets too bad.

I hope everyone has been getting their licks in!
Michelle

Saturday was BB Bulk Chest. Sunday was Build Legs which is not easy. I was coughing through the entire workout. Had to lower my weights a little bit b/c I didn't want an injury. Janie can relate. Tonight will be BB Bulk Shoulders + X10 low impact cardio only. I'll try to get in abs too.

Michelle: Too bad you couldn't make it to Virginia for the show. Next year I just bet you'll be there w/your very own Golden Retriever. :) But I'm sure you enjoyed the Leesburg show. Great workouts too.

Janie Sis: That's a lot of clams!!! I don't blame you for not doing anymore clamming. You have quite enough. I had enough of that windy, cold, rainy weather here in NY. Stay warm. That's quite a chore that Joey has w/digging up a well for your water. I hope he finishes it up soon.

Waves to Cindy!
Kathy

I wound up home all day on Friday with Brodie since he woke with a fever, has a sinus infection and is feeling lots better now. The weekend was busy with Lily's cheer team bonding, baking, laundry, cleaning, Pilates, raking, and cleaning out my car. It's cooler this week with high's in the 40's/50's so the winter chill is in the air. This week isn't quite as busy so I have an intense plan for workouts and am focusing on cutting white sugar out, so hard! I'm sore from Pilates so I did Athletic Training Lower Body last night and plan to do P90X3 Isometrix tonight

Kathy - I hope you can kick that stubborn cough, I hate when colds linger.

Michelle - Sounds like you got a great dose of Golden's in, I'm sure it makes waiting for your pup even harder. Do you want to show a dog eventually or just like watching?

Janie - What a delicious workout :)

Cindy

Last night was Bulk Shoulders + X10 low impact cardio only. Sagi is mixing up the workouts between Build & Bulk which is confusing my muscles. That's a good thing though. I can't believe I only have 2 more weeks of Sagi. I'm ready to start something else. PiYo definitely.

Tonight I think its BB Bulk Arms but not sure. I'll have to check the sheet. I'll tack on some form of abs too.

Cindy: I'm glad to hear that Brodie is over his sinus infection. I wish mine would disappear as quickly. I'm pooped just reading all the things you do. I know how hard it is trying to cut the sugar out. Especially w/Halloween this week. I know I hit some of the Kit Kats recently. :(

Waves to Janie Sis & Michelle!
Kathy

Sorry for being MIA. I've gotten away from regular exercises and doing yoga. Getting back into Cathe tomorrow. At least I'm moving. Been really crappy weather here and thinking in a couple of weeks we will move back to Shelton for the rest of Fall and Winter.

Kathy Sis, Great job on Bulk Shoulders and X10 low impact cardio only. Love it when muscles are confused.

Cindy, Aw, sorry about Brodie being sick, but getting better. Yea! Busy weekend for sure for ding all those chores, bonding, cleaning and exercises. Great job on Athletic Training Lower Body last night.

Kathy, Great job on BB Bulk Chest. Sunday for Build Legs. Darn that cough! Sending you positive energy your way to feel better.

Michelle, Glad you enjoyed the dog show. It sounds soooooo interesting. Great job on IMAX3 and cleaning.

Take care,

Janie

Last night was BB Bulk Back + Xtrain Core #1. The front of my shoulders are talking to me today. I'm sure my back will be talking to me too pretty soon. Tonight will be BB Bulk Arms. I'm tired of all this strength training. I still have 2 more weeks of this. Hope I can hang in but I'm itching to get to PiYo. Hopefully these 2 weeks will fly by.

Janie Sis: I would think about moving back to Shelton too. What Cathe workout did you do? How's the guitar practice coming along & your art work?

Waves to Michelle & Cindy!
Kathy

Yoga again today. Love being stretched out like that. In the middle of the week so, was think and hoping will continue on with the rotation I set up for myself. Maybe even start over. We'll see.

Kathy, Great job on BB Bulk Back and Xtrain Core 1. Don't you just love those DOM's? YaHoo! I hope for a fast 2 weeks for you too. Hang in there. I'm still playing guitar and brought it to UFO tonight for my practice. Got some lovely compliments on well I'm doing. There is so much to learn with a guitar. But just enjoying it and singing makes me happy. Of course I didn't sing tonight. LOL

Take care,

Janie

I wasn't in the mood for Isometrix on Tuesday night so I did a shortened KickMax and enjoyed it. Last night was PiYo Hard Core on the Floor, it was hard! Tonight I'm doing Tabatas 1-3 and no exercise on Halloween beyond walking around with the kids for trick or treating. They're calling for record highs, possibly up to 70, and then snow on Sunday :) Saturday I'll get some exercise in the morning and then we have a Halloween Party in the evening, should be fun!

Janie - Glad you're enjoying yoga, I hope the nice weather visits you soon.

Kathy - I get antsy at the end of a cycle too! I think you'll enjoy PiYo :)

Michelle - Hope your week is going well!

Cindy

Been a busy week. Tuesday was my official rest day and Wednesday ended up being a second rest day. The TV wasn't cooperating Wednesday morning; DH figured out that somehow the channel got set from 3 to 2 and it needs to be on 3 for DIRECTV. Unfortunately, the problem was solved too late for me to exercise, so another break day for me. Today, I did Low Impact Circuits Timesaver Cardio Blast. I'll fill in the workout that I missed yesterday over the weekend.

Cindy: we've got cooler weather here in the east although it really is seasonalbly fall-like weather. Yes, I do plan to show my next golden retriever. How did Tabatacize go today. Tell us what your children are going to be for Halloween. I always enjoy seeing the neighborhood kids dressed up on Halloween.

Kathy: Hang in there with Sagi--you've come this far, it would be a shame if you didn't finish the program. PiYo will be there when you are done.

Janie: do you see improvements with the yoga? I have some colleagues at work who are really into yoga and they are in incredibly good shape from just doing yoga. I have a feeling their yoga practices are a bit more advanced and intense. Will you go home in time for Thanksgiving? Hard to believe, the holidays are almost here again.

It is nice having everyone back this week. Hope Laura will drop in from time to time. And I know sister is our perpetual lurker.
Michelle

Wednesday night was BB Bulk Arms & I went up in weight w/17.5# dbs for bicep curls. I haven't lifted this heavy in a LONG time due to my shoulder injury. I'm coming back. I was at 20's before my injury. Not quite sure if I want to risk an injury again if I decide to go to 20's. Thursday night had a doctor's appointment (no not for my cough) w/my ob/gyn annual checkup. No workout. Tonight I'll do a step/kickboxing workout from KCM. I'll probably cough through the whole workout too. LOL

Janie Sis: My GF finished up a PiYo rotation & she was amazed when she went back to a workout from Body Beast. She wound up lifting heavier than before. Yoga definitely gives you a lot of strength due to all the body weight exercises. Are you doing PiYo or some other yoga? I bet you would see the same results as my GF. My DH is always learning new songs with his guitar. Glad your enjoying your guitar. I'm sure nobody would've minded your singing. :)

Cindy: What are your kids costumes this year? Enjoy the party tomorrow. My DS is going as one of the Simpsons characters. Not sure which one. LOL I liked Hardcore on the Floor. Drench I heard is challenging. You have great weather for your trick or treating. We're having cold temps & showers here.

Michelle: I'm sticking w/BB even though I really want to switch to PiYo. I'm just sick of all this strength training. Sagi has you do cardio only 1x a week. I'm used to alternating w/weights & cardio. Its only 2 more weeks to go. I'll hang in. I'm sure you'll catch up w/your workouts. Your so good w/your exercising. I too get frustrated when my tv acts up but its mostly loose wires.

Have an enjoyable weekend everyone!
Kathy

Last night did not work out for exercise, by the time I was able to start it was too late :( I'm moving Tabata to Saturday morning and I'm going to try to get them all in! Goal tonight is simple, no candy! Not easy but I won't just have one so I have to stick with it.

Brodie is going to be a reaper, Lily is batgirl, and Lucas is going to be a Viking. If I can get a good picture with the cat she's going to be a princess, a very mad princess :)

Kathy - Sorry you don't have the nice weather we have, I'm so glad the snow has waited to give us a warm Halloween. Great job getting your strength back up!

Michelle - Bummer on the TV issues but glad it was an easy fix :)

Cindy

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!
Been really busy baking and making gluten free breads. Still not done and did not do my exercises yesterday. Ugh. Will do a yoga tonight, after a walk on the beach. Weather looks really good right now.

Cindy, Sounds like you have Halloween in control eating wise. Good for you. The kids sound so scary. Have fun!

Kathy Sis, Great job on Wedn. BB Bulk Arms and going up in #'s. Yeah for you, a come back kinda girl! Nice to hear about your GF and doing PiYo and going back to BB and improving. I thought that might happen, that's why I bought it. For now, until we go back to Shelton, I'm doing my regular Yoga practice. Feels good and I do feel stronger for it.

Michelle, Bummer for sure about the TV and not getting your exercise in. Glad though its working for you now. Great job on Low Impact Circuits Timesaver Cardio Blast. I do feel stronger doing yoga. And thinking if I continue them will be able to do Cathe without so much altering the exercises. I can now do a shoulder stand. It really bothered me not too long ago that I couldn't. So it is helping a great deal.

Cindy, Great job on the shortened KickMax. And for last nights PiYo Hard Core. I see it is very challenging, will be there soon. Records high at 70 degrees and then snow on Sun. That's crazy! Have fun with the Halloween Party.

Take care everyone,

Janei

Hi everyone. Happy Halloween. Did XTRAIN bis and tris today. Not the same here at the Reed household this Halloween without our sweet pup. He loved barking when kids came to the door and then he had to go out on the porch all wig-wags and happy face to get some love from the trick or treaters. So many of the neighborhood kids knew and loved him. I'm pathetic over my sweet boy, I don't know how Laura manages facing the loss of her daughter. God bless her.

Janie: I can see where you would have to get stronger with yoga over time. Body weight exercises really make you work and build your strength. Saw your pictures on FB of wash-away beach. How sad.

Kathy: I think your cold rainy weather is coming our way (which is strange since you are northeast of Virginia, but go figure). The kids had a good night for trick or treating; a little cool, but a good night. Tomorrow is supposed to be cold and rainy. Ick. I'm glad you are going to stick with Sagi and BB. Before you know it, you'll be into PiYo.

Cindy: if you can figure out how to post pictures, would love to see your children in their costumes. Spring today and snow tomorrow; sounds like Colorado weather. Good luck with the candy-ban; I had two pieces and then was beyond my sugar quotient. And they were those little candies. I guess it's good that my tolerance on candy is low. I'm rooting for you to get through all the Tabatas--I have Crossfire tomorrow--which I think has a step tabata toward the beginning and then a plyo tabata at the end.

The Golden Retriever Club of America hosted its National Specialty show this week. It will conclude with Best of Breed/Show tomorrow. They had approximately 1,700 golden retrievers participating. Amazing. Next year it is in Ohio, just south of Cincinnati. I really want to go next year with my puppy, assuming I have a new puppy. The year after it might be in Maryland or Virginia--if it is, I will definitely be there with my golden.

Hope everyone has had/is having a safe and happy Halloween.
Michelle

These are just a few of the photos I have available but you will get the idea. It's so sad.

First time in many weeks was I able to walk along Wash-A-Way Beach. The devastation/power the ocean can inflict is amazing. God be with these people suffering from losing their homes. My heart is going out to each and everyone of them.

Michelle, Great job on XTrain bis and tris. I know the memories of our fur babies haunt us. Good memories for sure.

Take care,

Janie

Last edited:
Crossfire today. I was mistaken about the step tabata; it has a firewalker tabata and a plyo tabata. It's a great cardio workout. One of Cathe's best. I did the whole thing, but it has alot of great premixes. It is cool and dreary hear today. DH and I were talking about how the fishing charters on the Bay must be hurting a bit this fall season. The weekends have not been great for fishing. Today with the wind blowing out of the NE, the Chesapeake will not be a fun body of water. Yeah--we're not on the boat, but we still think about the water conditions and what is must be like at the marina. Today, definitely raw and cold. Speaking of cold, I'm having a nice hot cup of tea with my dad's beehive honey. Once you get used to honey harvested straight from the hive, store-bought honey just doesn't cut it.

Janie: the pictures of wash-a-way beach make you realize, that in the end, mother nature wins if she wants to. We should always remember to have a healthy respect for mother nature. If you get a chance, check out the Halloween party pictures on FB that GRCA posted from last night. I've got a friend who is a labrador retriever breeder and she is ready to go the the GRCA National Specialty show next year based on what she has seen on FB from this year's show. I can't tell you how amazing the feeling is to be at dog events where everyone is basking in the love of their dog(s).

Hi to Kathy, Cindy, Laura, and my lurking sister.
Michelle

Rolly and I took an hour walk on the beach. Sunny and gorgeous outside today. Later tonight did cardio in The Wedding Video. It's such a fun workout!

Michelle, Great job on doing all of Cross Fire today. Very proud of you. When Joey and I traveled to Lake Powell, when we weren't there we did what you did, and thought about what the conditions were as Winter approached it. Never had honey straight from the hive before. You are soooooo lucky. I'll put that one on my bucket list. Sounds like a perfect way to use the honey, in tea. Mmmmmmm Love the Halloween photos. Looks like a lot of fun too. Enjoy your adventure in in the Labrador retriever events. You seem to really enjoy them. Good for you!

Take care,

Janie

XTRAIN cardio leg blast today. I don't know why I always dread this workout and then it is so much fun. Just one of those things, I guess. So tomorrow, I go to the dentist in the morning, then to work. We are celebrating the Marine Corps birthday tomorrow at work. One week early, but it was the day that our guest General Officer could come to CNA to speak at our celebration. It is always the best event.

Janie: do you have farmers' markets out in Washington state? I'm sure you do. Sometimes you can buy honey harvested fresh from the hive at farmers' markets. In fact, I bet Pike Street Market in Seattle has fresh money for sale in the springtime and summer. I know that is a bit of a drive from you house, but something to keep in mind next time you go into the city. I love Cathe's wedding video. It's kind of kitschy but it is a good workout. I'm lucky to have a copy.;)

Hope everyone had a great weekend.
Michelle

Today is a rest day for me and Rolly.

Michelle, Great job on Xtrain cardio leg blast today. LOL I know the feeling of a love hate for a workout. It usually ends up pretty good. LOL I do it too. Dentist check up? Have fun celebrating the Marine Corps bitthday tomorrow. Nice to listen to a guest General Officer. Cool. Seattle has Pike Place Market, but first will check out Olympia or Aberdeen in the Spring or Summer for honey harvested fresh. I will certainly make it happen next year! Glad you enjoy the wedding video, yes, a little kitschy and no doubt very easy in the beginning then gets tougher as it plays. The end is very sweaty for me. Soooooo fun!

Take care girl friend,

Janie

The kids had a great time trick or treating and were done after 2 streets, surprised me but plenty of candy was collected! Here's a picture of them

Halloween14.jpg

Saturday I started my day with Tabatas 1-5, it had me burning but it was great. We then had a Halloween party that night and food wasn't pristine there. Sunday I stupidly dipped into the candy so today it's back to focus and saying no to the sugar! Dave and I did P90X3 Warrior last night, it's a rough one! Tonight I haven't decided what I want to do but I'll get something in. Tomorrow I have off for Election Day and since I vote by mail I'm taking it as a me day. I have Pilates, chiropractor appt, hair cut, massage and then getting the kids to fill my day. I will do a workout to wrap up my day so I can double up.

No snow this weekend, temps did cool down quite a bit and you can feel the cold in the air but we're still plenty warm for November.

Janie - That's so hard to see the erosion, those poor people! Glad you got to enjoy some beautiful outdoor time this weekend.

Michelle - I'll be the kids missed seeing your pup too! Mine would love to get greeted like that :) Glad you got to see some beautiful golden's this weekend.

Cindy

Body Fusion tonight. 50 min and sweaty.

Cindy, Great job on Tabata 1-5. Sounds like a great time with the Halloween party even though the food wasn't pristine. Hey you gotta sometimes. Glad you are now on top of it. Yea! Great job on P90X3 Warrior you and Dave did. It must be tough. Enjoy tomorrow on the many things you have planned.

Take care,

Janie

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.