Getting Our Licks In!

Wednesday night was BB Back & BB Abs. Took the weights down a tad as still very tired & those heavy weights felt like a ton. Must be from the antibiotics. Thursday was an awful commute + not getting out on time ruined my night for working out. :( Tonight will do a short cardio just not sure which one yet.

Cindy: Your rockin your workouts. Great job & I'm happy to hear that you like PiYo. That must be hard making pumpkin puree. I think I rather just buy it. LOL

Janie Sis: I too want to know if you rec'd PiYo yet. Are you done clamming?

Hope everyone has a good weekend.
Kathy

Last night I did CVX and it's a really good workout, probably one of my P90X3 favorites. This morning I got up and did PiYo Buns and tonight I'll do a short Athletic Training workout. I need to finish cleaning the house too. Tomorrow morning we're doing family pictures and then I'm hosting my wine club to do a cheap vs. steep blind tasting party. We're supposed to have beautiful weather so I'm sure there will be raking going on!

Kathy - The puree is really easy, you roast the pumpkins till soft then whirl in the food processor and that's it. I only did it because I had a lot of pie pumpkins on hand and didn't want them to go to waste :) I hate when my nights don't work out time wise for my exercise, I get a little crabby!

Cindy

Rolly and I walked the beach for 3.5 miles yesterday. And did yoga today. Got PiYo in the mail and finished reviewing it. It looks awesome.

We had no water for almost two weeks. Joe figured out a way to use the neighbors well and pump until he can figure out what is going on. Neighbors know we are doing this. But, I've been busy cleaning with warm water, doing dishes, laundry... and now I'm going to take a nice hot bath. LOL

Janie

Oops, I've been MIA again but keeping up with the October rotation: Thursday was GS Back, Shoulders, and Biceps; Friday was Rockout Knockout; today was IMAX2. Did a little yard work this morning and started a super clean on my kitchen. Only partway done--I'm wiping down everything, polishing my cabinets, polishing the granite countertop, srubbing the floor real good, and I'm even going to attack the windows and the stove. This could take a couple/few weekends to complete.

Janie: no water for two weeks--EEK! Are you on well water or county water? I'd be going nuts. This is going to become the PiYo checkin--I think you, Kathy, and Cindy all have PiYo now. It's like I'm the last hold out but I'm okay with that. Ya'll know by now how much I love my Cathe workouts.

Cindy: I think I caught the cleaning bug from you.;) That's alot of pumpkin puree. Will you be making soup? I love pumpkin soup.

Kathy: you have my sympathy on the crummy commutes. Lately my morning commutes have been great, the evenings not so much. That's part of the reason I workout in the morning. Thanks for the information on the brands in Cathe's new workouts. I actually have a Lulumon store near where I work, but the prices are like HOLY MOLY! I do like UA though.

Michelle

Walked a new beach today called bottle beach. I don't know why it's called that. Can't find any history on it. Trying to find beach glass. Next time will go the opposite way in hopes to finding some. Hope to make stuff with it. No dogs were allowed, so poor Rolly had to stay home.

Michelle, Sending you warm energy your way, just because. We are on well water, but the set up is so lame. We may have someone come in and drill a well. As it is now, it's just something stuck into the ground. We don't drink this water, but we do use it for cleaning stuff. I almost went back to Shelton until Joey set up a thing with the neighbors hose piped into our water system (however he does it) and now it works great. Until we have better weather to get under the house and look around. Well, Joe will do that, not me. LOL! Will be starting PiYo and Cathy on Monday. And will also continue with my yoga with Travis and get in a little dancing as well. I have to figure it all out on paper tomorrow. I love Cathe too, she is my most favorite instructor. Thinking about doing the intermediate rotation and yoga and PiYo in-between. Sounds good anyways. Low impact stuff for sure right now.

Great job on GS back, shoulders and biceps on Thurs. And Friday's Rockout Knockout and for today's IMAX2. Oh putting the garden to bed can be a chore in itself. Great to cleanmax as well. After you are all done, it's such a fantastic feeling. I need to clean my bedroom and organize it. Getting messy. LOL

Take care and clean, clean, clean, it's all good,

Janie

Yesterday I started BB Block 3 which is the last 4 weeks. It was Build chest/tris/abs. Today will be Bulk Legs & BB Abs. I'm itching to start a PiYo rotation when I'm finished w/BB.

All of us must be on a cleanmax streak. Today I too need to scrup down my kitchen. In between cleaning I plan on making a banana coconut bread. Did all of you catch Cathe's post on the 2 nutritionists? I viewed their website & made the soup that was free. It was awesome. I've been working out to Cathe since the age of 38 & from a while ago I had felt that Cathe didn't have the same bubbly energetic attitude that she always had. Now I know why. Cathe certainly got her mojo back & its apparent in this new series. Tonight I'll be making the Savory Chicken Stew.

Michelle: Great workouts as usual. Yard work is a hard workout all on its own. That's one job I don't tackle. All fitness apparel is very expensive. I have quite a bit & really didn't need anymore but I still want that blue outfit. LOL Lululemon I feel is the most expensive & don't know why.

Cindy: Thx for letting me know re the pumpkin puree. Your crushing your workouts.

Janie Sis: Yikes! No water for 2 weeks! That does bring back memories of Hurricane Sandy for me. I would've had to return to Shelton for that nice warm bath or shower. Hope your able to find the glass. What will you be making w/them? Let me know how you like PiYo.

Have a good day everyone!
Kathy

Rest day today. Awwwwwwwwww

Kathy Sis, Great job starting BB Block 3 of the last 4 weeks (build chest, tris and abs). Tomorrow I'm doing the Intermediate rotation and adding PiYo and Travis to the mix. Alternating one week with PiYo and then Travis. Got to do it! I'll have to peak at the nutritionists and see about it. If I ever get a hold of beach glass, I'd make art stuff/jewelry... I'll let you know tomorrow about PiYo. I'm so excited!

Janie

Yesterday I made it through BB Bulk Legs. I was pooped after this + from some cleaning that I did. I can't seem to shake this sinus infection. I'll need to call up the doctor today to get some nose spray to stop the post nasal drip. The cough is now hurting my chest.

Tonight I have to do BB Build (back/bis). This usually has a little bit of abs in it too. Last night I made the Savory Chicken Stew from the 2 Nutrtional Gurus website. This recipe too is awesome. I may decide to purchase the Energy Plan which is starting the first week of November.

Janie Sis: Good for you for taking a rest day. Let me know how you like PiYo. Is the intermediate rotation from Cathe? Or is it your own? Can't remember.

Waves to Michelle, Cindy & Renee.
Kathy

No official exercise this weekend but I did rake a little on Saturday and a lot on Sunday, my yard looks great for the time being :) Dave's business partner will be in town and staying with us tonight so I got up this morning and did PiYo Strength, great start to my week. Now to do some clean up on my eating, I strayed too far into the depths of sugar this weekend.

I haven't dug into the recipes on the Guru's page but I"ll have to check them out, always looking for healthy dinners.

Janie - A new beach must be fun, too bad you can't take Rolly! When are you starting PiYo?

Kathy - That cold sounds miserable, it just won't let up for you! I'm impressed you keep getting workouts in.

Michelle - To heck with spring cleaning it's fall cleaning season :) It's such a great feeling when a deep clean has been done. I am going to make some pumpkin soup, my kids love soups so it won't go to waste. On Friday I made chicken and pumpkin pasta and it was really good, even was devoured by the 2 year old.

Cindy

Yesterday was X-10 low impact (cardio only) and GS chest and triceps. I'm really feeling those muscle groups today. This morning was Party Rocking Step 2--love this cardio. Lot's of fun. I emailed my golden retriever breeder this weekend with a bunch of questions. As per usual, I ask too many. She did provide me with a "starting" list of items that I will need when I get into conformation. Now, I have to research each item to find the best brand or at least what I think I will like. These items will be on my Christmas "wish list" this year. Never to early to start getting ready for the new puppy and I still have a few months to prepare. I'm going to need them. My husband still thinks I'm crazy to want to get into showing the next dog, but he's known that I'm a little over the edge for a long time now. LOL!

Kathy: BB Bulk Legs don't not sound inspirational to me. Who wants bulky legs? I'm sure that's not the intent of the workout, but that was my first thought. The fact that you are exercising through this bug that you have is amazing. It sounds just awful (and I can't even hear you coughing). You've motivated me to look at the nutritional gurus' websites.

Janie: I wouldn't crawl under the house either but a well of your own sounds like a "must have." I'm so glad that you are getting back into exercising.

Cindy: I guess anytime of year is good for cleaning. My husband just bought some pumpkin pasta sauce. I have to admit I gave him a skeptical look mostly because HE tends not to be a fan of gourd-based foods. If you have a good soup recipe, please pass along.

Hope everyone has a great week.
Michelle

This morning was Low Impact Circuit premix for Total Body Sculpt about 47 min. Update: Will do 30/30 tonight for my cardio.

Michelle, Great job on X-10 low impact (cardio only and GS chest and tris. Glad to see you are feeling the DOM's from such a great workout. Great job for the this morning Party Rocking Step 2, it's so cool to enjoy workouts. I think your interest are very important and showing a dog will make you happy, then do it. I think your new puppy will like the attention as well. And we get to hear all about it the process. How fun!

Cindy, Racking can be exercise. You got out there and moved, that's what's important. Great job on PiYo Strength. I'm doing Cathe's Intermediate Rotation, and will also be doing (twice this week) Wed. PiYo Upper and
Fri. Lower Body at night. Still doing the Cathe's rotation, so on those days, will double up on exercises. YaHoo!

Kathy Sis, Great job on BB Bulk Legs. Sounds intense! Hmmm, your sinus infection has been going on too long. Time to see a doctor, call for an appointment, please. I'm doing the Intermediate Rotation from Cathe. So far lots of fun. LOL

Take care, love you guys,

Janie

Last edited:
Last night was BB Build (back/bis). I have some nice DOMS in my back & I'm sure a little bit later on I'll have DOMS in my bis too. Finally got my energy level back. Still coughing but not as much as yesterday. Sagi certainly packs a lot in w/all of these workouts: Giant sets, Forced sets, Progressive sets, Single sets you name it its all there. I wonder why Cathe never does Forced & Progressive sets? I should ask her.

Tonight's cardio/abs. Probably will do TF 45 Class & then an ab workout of some kind.

Michelle: I'd love to have the leg definition of Amanda & Jai. That's not bulky to me at all. What does conformation mean in showing? Curious. I would imagine quite a bit of research needs to be done w/show dogs. I have no idea what it entails. Great workouts as usual from you.

Cindy: Raking is a hard workout all on its own. Glad you got in PiYo Strength before your DH's business partner arrives. Never had pumpkin pasta. How do you make this? Sounds very good.

Janie Sis: Happy that your working out again & 30/30 is a good one. What month was Cathe's intermediate rotation posted? Your foot must be all healed if your doing 2 workouts in 1 day. You go girl!

Take care everyone & love you guys too,
Kathy

Break day for me today. Day long meeting at Quantico but we got 2 days worth of work done in one!

Kathy: yup, who wouldn't want Jai and Amanda's leg definition? I totally get that. Conformation is what dog shows are all about: how well a dog "conforms" to the breed standard--so, like the Westminster Kennel Club dog show. Westminster is the pinnacle of conformation--usually if a dog wins Best of Breed at Westminster, the dog retires from the show ring. Local kennel clubs sponsor their own conformation shows each year--they also may sponsor agility, obedience, rally, hunt, and field. In all breed shows, each breed of entries is judged, then the best of breed goes to group, and the group winner goes to the overall best of breed. The American Kennel Club website has a search function for locating local "dog events" by state. Infodog is another website that provide dog event information. Many events are all breed, some are specialty (one specific breed). For example, next week the Golden Retriever Club of America is hosting their national specialty show in Asheville, NC. There will be hundreds of golden retrievers there competing in various events. I wish I was going. Yes, there is alot to learn in each and every one of these events. Takes alot of time and dedication. Since I'm a researcher by training, I naturally start with doing research but I'm looking forward to the day when I have my new puppy and I can starting really learning by doing. Obviously, I'm pretty passionate about the whole thing. I'll stop going on and on about it--at least for now. Are you feeling better? You are rocking the workouts.

Janie: double-duty workouts--WooHOO! Great for you!

Hi to Cindy, Laura, and sister.
Michelle

I was hoping to do 30/30 yesterday, but realized when it was time to do it, the DVD was over at the beach house. Dang! Today was Body Blast Cardio Conditioning prmix. 37 min. It was all good and enjoyed it.

Michelle, Great job for getting two days of work done in one day. I bet you were very busy.

Kathy Sis, Great job on BB Build, back and bis. Congrats on the DOM's in your back. So glad you are improving and getting your energy back. YaHoo! I think you should ask Cathe she doesn't do Forced Progressive sets. I don't remember what month. It was a few years ago I think. It's in the Rotation Forums. Pretty cool stuff. Yep, no more problems with my foot.

Take care,

Janie

Last edited:
Last night decided to do Turbo Fire 30 Class + 21 Day Fix 10 Min. Abs. Had a pretty good workout. TF is so much fun. Chalene puts in 2 Hiit blasts in between all the different combos. Still coughing but its getting less & less each day. Yahoo! Took long enough. Tonight will be BB Shoulders Build I think. Will have to check the rotation calendar.

Today's my birthday & I turn 61. Yikes! Don't feel it though. My mind still thinks I'm in my 20's. :)

Michelle: Thx for explaining what conformation is. I didn't realize you were this passionate about show dogs. I do know it does take quite a bit of time & dedication but your new little pup will certainly enjoy all your training. :) My cough is still lingering but its getting better each day. Thx for thinking of me. :) Your so sweet.

Janie Sis: You still got in a great workout w/Cardio Blast. I always forget about all the wonderful premixes that Cathe provides. I'll have to check this one out. I'll do a search as to why Cathe doesn't do Forced & Progressive Sets. Perhaps its just a preference thing w/Cathe. Glad to hear that your foot is all healed.

This week is crazy for me in the evening. Tuesday night I took off because it was after 9 by the time Brodie finished his homework and was in bed. Last night I did PiYo Hiit 20 and I'm not sure if I liked it or not, it was short and to the point but felt spazzy to me. Tonight Brodie is testing for High White Belt so that is added to my evening to-do and then I have to make Halloween Popcorn balls for Lily's cheer team bonding tomorrow night. We're doing the Hay Bale Maze and I doubt I'll get exercise in tomorrow night either. I am signed up for Pilates mat class on Saturday morning and I'll get in an intense workout this weekend also.

Kathy - So glad you're feeling better and have energy again. Happy Happy Birthday to you! Age is not about the number but about how you feel :) The pumpkin pasta recipe I used is here, I had to adjust to dairy free and gluten free but it was delicious. http://tastykitchen.com/recipes/main-courses/creamy-pumpkin-pasta-with-sage-parmesan/

Janie - How disappointing to not have the 30/30 DVD, at least you didn't let it stop you!

Michelle - Got to love productive work days :)

Cindy

Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to Kathy Sis, Happy Birthday to you! And many more. Hope you get something very special for your 61 birthday. My mind also thinks I'm in my 20's and I'm 63. Funny how that works, LOL.

Wed: Pyramid Lower Body, Thurs: Low Impact Step, Fri: Pyramid Upper Body. Didn't have time for PiYo because of clam digging, but will try to use it next week maybe. I had good intentions.

Cindy, Glad you took a rest day. Great job on doing PiYo Hiit 20. Aww hope the next one will be better for you. Seems the month of October is busy for you with all the kids projects, baking cheer team and Hay Bale Maze. Sounds like a lot of fun. Intense workouts are good, sometime they make up for what we didn't get to do.

Kathy Sis, Great job on Turbo Fire 30 Class and 21 Day Fix 10 min abs. So glad you are getting better with that awful cough.

Take care,

Janie

Last night did BB Build Shoulders. OM Goodness this one is hard! And to think just when your spent Sagi has you do a six-way move. Picture Cathe's 4 Day Split Double Trouble but Sagi wants you to do a lateral raise, front raise, shoulder press, front raise ending with a lateral raise & then down. Good grief! I could only use 5# dbs for that move as he expects you to do 3 sets of 15/12/8.

Rest day for me tonight. Ahhh! Cough's getting better. The weather here is cold but at least its not raining anymore.

Cindy: Thx so much for the link to tastykitchen. I have heard of this site. I'll check it out. I too have to be gluten free. Thx also for the birthday wishes. I was treated with a beautiful boutique of flowers & a Pandora charm. Cards were beautiful too. Your certainly busy, busy this time of the year. I caught your post re PiYo. I can't wait to do a hybrid rotation of PiYo.

Janie Sis: Thank you so much for the birthday song & wishes. :) Rec'd from DH & DS flowers & a Pandora charm. Did you collect a lot of clams? You did great w/all of your workouts. Did Joey finish the well so you can have water?

Have an enjoyable weekend everyone!
Kathy

Eek! I've been MIA again. Let's see if I can remember my workouts this week. Tuesday was a rest day; Wednesday was XTRAIN legs; Thursday was Kick, Punch, and Crunch; today was Supersets. This week has been a nice mix of oldies and new workouts. Last conformation show in Virginia for the season this weekend; I'll be heading up to Leesburg tomorrow to enjoy it. The Golden Retriever National Specialty Show started today in Asheville, NC (although the field event today was actually in TN). I know lots of folks who are headed to NC this weekend if not already there. Wish I was going just to soak up all that great golden retriever puppy love. There are over 400 golden retrievers in conformation alone which starts bright and early Tuesday morning and runs through Friday culminating in best of breed. There is lways next year's national specialty; I think it is in Ohio next year.

Janie: you really are rocking it out with your workouts. Boy--now that your foot is all better, you are really on a roll.

Cindy: as per usual, your schedule is just packed. I don't know how you do it. You must sleep really well every night.

Kathy: great variety in your workouts this week and you are still fighting that dang sinus infection--amazing! That shoulder work sounds like a killer. Shoulders are always a burner for me.

Hope everyone has a wonderful and relaxing Friday evening.
Michelle

Busy day today and my workout was clamming. Spent 2 hrs out there in the rain and wind using a clam gun which truly worked the lower part the body. whew! Then took the shells off by boiling them for a few seconds and putting them in the fridge until tomorrow to clean them. Was to tired for anything else tonight.

Michelle, Great job on this week for doing Xtrain legs, Kick, Punch and Crunch and today's Supersets. Sounds like a lot of fun in Leesburg for the last conformation show in Virginia of the season.

Kathy Sis, Great job on last nights BB Build Shoulders. I bet it was hard, if I remember right. LOL! Good for you also for adding Sagi. Sounds intense! So pleased your cough is dying down. Hope it goes away very soon. We did collect a lot of clams, I'm counting over 100 so far. I'm not going anymore this week, too cold and rainy and windy. Thinking about going back to Shelton, but don't know when yet. Joey is digging up the yard and following the well line, or the line that leads to a very shallow well, we expect. It's most likely not down far enough. We are still using the water from our neighbors well. We have water, just not ours. Soon though.

Take care,

Janie

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.