Forum Admin...please advise

fox2star

Cathlete
Hi,

I posted this on another thread, but did not get a response.

I am still having issues playing the LIVE workouts. I found that the newer workouts will play, its the older ones that will not. I think someone else was having this issue. Seemed like it started when the new app was launched. :(

Any help would be appreciated.

Hi,

I posted this on another thread, but did not get a response.

I am still having issues playing the LIVE workouts. I found that the newer workouts will play, its the older ones that will not. I think someone else was having this issue. Seemed like it started when the new app was launched. :(

Any help would be appreciated.

We're not able to duplicate the error you're reporting. We fixed all of the older video problems several weeks ago and we haven't noticed any problems since then. Have you tried clearing your browsers cache? And do you only see the problem when using the app or do you also have the same problem using the browser?

Hi,

I don;t use an app, I use my Samsung phone with the Chromecast. I have cleared the cache, deleted cookies, browser history etc. and it still will play the older workouts. It starts them, shows them on my phone, but then just pops back to the chromecast homescreen.

I'm assuming you're using the browser on you Samsung phone since you say you're not using the app. Have you tried clearing your browser's cache on your phone? Also, do the workouts play fine on the phone and it's just when you use chromecast that you have a problem?

Last edited:
I use the browser ( Chrome) on the phone. I have cleared the browser cache on that. ( or what is referred to as "
cookies etc when clearing on my phone).

I tested the workouts, and it seems like from #122 "Shock Circuit" and back will not cast to the TV. The newer ones from #123 that I tried work fine. All will play on my phone.

Thanks for any suggestions....

Hi,

I don;t use an app, I use my Samsung phone with the Chromecast. I have cleared the cache, deleted cookies, browser history etc. and it still will play the older workouts. It starts them, shows them on my phone, but then just pops back to the chromecast homescreen.

This is exactly what happens to me. My tv will show the title of the workout then just stop.

Last edited:
Hi,

I am having the same EXACT issue. I am likewise using a Samsung phone with Chromecast. (Not using an app since it is an Android phone). It was driving me crazy so I logged into the forums to post a question and saw your post. It seems that I can cast from the most current video through Metabolic Conditioning Live (March 19, 2015). I cannot cast any video older than that.

At first, I too thought it was my phone so I rebooted it, rebooted my Chromecast, etc but nothing worked. So then I went on my desktop and was able to cast every video just fine. So then I went back to my phone and could cast everything else I tried (YouTube, etc.). Then I saw your post about some of the Cathe videos casting and some not (because all this past week I only happen to have been trying to cast the oldest videos and none were working). When I saw your post, I went through the videos and found the break point (not sure how you figured that out!). Anyway, for me, for any video older than March 19, 2015 it will play on my phone but when I try to cast it, my phone states that it is casting, but then nothing happens and it just goes back to a blank cast screen (although my phone continues to be in "casting mode"). As stated, videos from March 19, 2015 and newer cast just fine and without issue.

I am glad to see it is not just me!

(previous post I meant to say that "it still won't play the older workouts". Also my YouTube workouts will cast with no problems.

I use the browser ( Chrome) on the phone. I have cleared the browser cache on that. ( or what is referred to as "
cookies etc when clearing on my phone).

I tested the workouts, and it seems like from #122 "Shock Circuit" and back will not cast to the TV. The newer ones from #123 that I tried work fine. All will play on my phone.

Thanks for any suggestions....

Hi fox2star and cherrypie10,

Thanks for the information. We have now been able to duplicate your problem, so at least that's an important first step. This is something IBM will have to figure out as this is on their end and we have now notified their engineers about the problem. This may take some time for them to figure out, but we will let you know when and if they can correct this bug.

Glad to hear the issue can be duplicated. It is strange how it suddenly happened. Just as a quick update, I thought I could cast anything from current back to March 19, 2015. But it must be more random than that because I can cast March 19, 2015 but not Lower Body Burn Live April 23, 2015. Anyway, thank you for checking into this.

OMG this is the problem that I messaged tech support about recently, so glad to know it is not just me. I too noticed that this just started recently, like in the last 6 months. I use an android tablet and some of the live videos will not play at all and if they do play on the tablet some of them will not cast with my Chromecast.

I no longer feel alone in this and thought it was something only I was experiencing.

Thanks fox2star for posting this message, I will continue to try and see if the issue ever gets fixed.:D

I just tried an old Live workout on my Chromebook, one from in 2014 on Low Quality and it started up fine. I don't cast tho', I just use a
cable. This was going thru the website, not the app.

I tried today and the high quality older videos will not play at all for me, I just get a spinning circle in the middle of the screen and the picture keeps flashing. I tried the low quality and that will play on my tablet, but will not cast.

I even tried on the early 2016 videos and it is doing the same thing.

I hope IBM can fix it because then I may have to figure out another streaming method. I have Roku 2 but I believe that doesn't work on the live videos so not sure what else will work.

Hi ebonynicole,

The only problem right now that we are aware of is with older videos not playing on Chromecast for Cathe Live. I think you really have two different problems going on. First, at 10 mbps you're at the bottom "edge" of being able to play high quality videos and this assumes you're actually getting 10 mbps and everything else is nearly perfect on your computer or mobile device. Have you tried the speed test I suggested earlier? This is really the first and most important step you need to do.

The second problem (Chromecast crashing) is something that is caused by the way IBM is encoding the Cathe Live video we upload to their service. This is something we have recently reported to them and they are working on. We hope and expect they will be able to fix this issue, but there are no guarantees since they don't officially support Chromecast.

Also, there can be other things besides your internet connection speed causing your non-chromecast problems,i.e., cache needs to be cleared from your browser, router and/or computer needs to be rebooted,browser is out of date, old operating system, etc. But again, please do a live internet speed test at http://beta.speedtest.net/ by clicking on the "GO" button once you go to the url I just mentioned. This will help us to be able to help you and solve the issue you're having.

You know I think I figured the videos not playing part. I rebooted my tablet and checked the Chrome browser which was recently updated a few days ago. I tested the internet speed for my tablet and it was in the 30's for both download and upload speed. I cleared my browsing history and apparently there was alot more in there than I thought. I also needed to free up some storage space on there as well. I tested the high quality videos and they are playing now, so I will continue to check and make sure it is working.

I really appreciate you all taking the time to help me work that, you are awesome!! Now just waiting to see if the casting issue gets resolved.

Thanks again :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.