Fit tower dvds that came with tower

firemedic

Cathlete
I just got my new Fit Tower last night. I just viewed the dvds that came with the tower and was wondering if anyone uses them? I like that they are shorter and different intensity levels, but are they too short? Are they good to add on one section to another workout? Just wanted to get thoughts/ideas on what you think.

Thanks
Kim

Sorry Kim. I gave my copies away to someone who needed them more since I had also bought the advanced FT series. Perhaps Barbara Hinckley Paola could chime in here with a review?

Clare

I just got my new Fit Tower last night. I just viewed the dvds that came with the tower and was wondering if anyone uses them? I like that they are shorter and different intensity levels, but are they too short? Are they good to add on one section to another workout? Just wanted to get thoughts/ideas on what you think.

Thanks
Kim
Hi Kim! I have the three DVDs that came with the tower, thanks to a very kind Cathe user...I have a hip injury and back issues and was looking for something shorter. These fit the bill :) I didn’t buy the Fit tower since I have her power tower from a few years ago. The three workouts are Long and Strong, “intermediate “ level about 33minutes, there are Pilate, ballet, and yoga type movements using the tower; Slim and Trim which is “beginner”levelabout 35minutes low impact total body workout; Lean and Mean is about 34 minutes and is “advanced”. They are all fairly similar but vary in intensity with slight chances in focus.

Even though I have her old Power Tower, on the Glassboro road trip this past July we used the actual Fit Tower, and I have to say that I prefer the actual fit tower over the one that I already have, but I just could not justify having two of them. The reason I like the new one better is that is easier to change the level of the bar, plus there are numbers against each one of the holes so that it’s easier to line up the bar street I always seem to do it crooked. All in all these are shorter workouts than her normal workouts, they would be good at on this, I have been using them because of the injuries that I am currently dealing with, And I need something shorter. I definitely think it’s well worth the money and if I didn’t already have her old power tower I would’ve bought the new package. I think the tower with the three shorter DVDs also comes with the band and a match, I have plenty of those also but we did use the mat in July and it seem to be a little thicker than a regular yoga mat that I could be wrong on that. I hope I’ve answered your questions if you want something more specific please let me know and I will try to answer them Have a great day !

I have Cathe's On Demand and have done her tower workouts. I just didn't know how many people use the others that came with the tower. I like advanced but sometimes I like to take it easy on a "bad day". Or if anyone maybe uses them as an add on of some sort. I know adding them on is difficult since they are not Cathe's workouts and aren't chaptered like her normal dvds. Thanks for the input.

I usually like the advanced too, but age and injuries have made me put in the less advanced ones. And I do think it’s good to mix it up. I would love her on demand, but my workout TV is an older one, and in the cellar; there is really no place to set up my laptop and my iPad is too small for me to see the detail when I work out. All my stuff is in the basement so until I get a smart TV down there, I can’t subscribe.

Thanks
Kim
I have only used the advanced one that came with the Fit Tower. I use this workout on a day when I feel like doing nothing, but need to do something. I’ve definitely modified this one to make it a bit more challenging. I will hold onto this workout for the days when I’m just not feeling great.

I have the dvds that came with the tower, and like Barb I use them on the old tower. I also used the new tower at the Road Trip, but I didn't think the bar moved any more easily than the one I have, so I'm keeping my old tower. (Barb, here's a tip: I lubricated the sides with some silicone spray and now the bar moves MUCH more easily. It did make the sides kinda sticky though, so when moving the tower around I just hold it using workout towels so I don't get my hands slimy.)

The dvds are much easier than the typical Cathe workout, and much easier than the Fit Tower Advanced DVDs. Like Sherry said, they are good for a day when you're just not feeling it, or if you're recovering from illness or injury. I've also done two in a row. Another way to use them that I like is to do all of the legs from each disc, or all of the core. It's a pain to have to switch discs (I wish they were in the workout blender), but doing all of the leg exercises in a row (sometimes modifying to make the exercises more difficult) does get a bit of a burn going.

HTH!

Thanks for all the input. That's exactly what I was wondering. I think I'll try all the same segments on each dvd like you suggested. I like to have options for days that I just don't or can't do full out workout.

I have the three DVDs that came with the fit tower and actually love them - they are great for add-ons, and I adore the stretches. They don't have premixes, but since they are sectioned it is pretty easy to choose what you want - upper body, abs and stretches, for example. I will take a week and plan for 45 minute main strength workouts so I can add these one each day. They are a lot of fun and add unique challenges!

Just a tip on using the old Tower:...Pledge!

I spray some on a rag and wipe down the side bars of the Tower and the bar slides up and down much easier. :)

What a great idea! Sounds less slimy than the silicone spray I've been using. :)

I think I'm going to order the Fit Tower today. I'm a fairly new Cathe streamer who needs to work on strength workouts. I did some floor leg lifts yesterday and was thinking there must be a better way. (remember laying on your side and doing the inner thigh leg lifts?) I never liked those because I'm tall. I'm thinking the barre type workouts might be just the answer. I've been reading through for reviews.

Please let me know if you love your don't love your Fit Tower, it will help me make an informed decision.

Thanks in advance!
Janet J.

I think I'm going to order the Fit Tower today. I'm a fairly new Cathe streamer who needs to work on strength workouts. I did some floor leg lifts yesterday and was thinking there must be a better way. (remember laying on your side and doing the inner thigh leg lifts?) I never liked those because I'm tall. I'm thinking the barre type workouts might be just the answer. I've been reading through for reviews.

Please let me know if you love your don't love your Fit Tower, it will help me make an informed decision.

Thanks in advance!
Janet J.
I've had mine now for about 3 weeks and am loving it. I can't believe I waited this long. I'm glad I waited for this version because of the numbers down the sides. I right down what number since sometimes it's different than Cathe. I thought I was doing good using just a chair, but the tower makes everything better because of the adjustment for my height, it really does matter. I didn't buy the barbell clips. I use if a lot for just stretching too. I'll never regret not buying it.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.