Finished STS, now what?

jldgottarun

Cathlete
Hi!! Ijust finished the official STS rotation yesterday! Iam hoping someone who had great results (and kept them after) will tell me what to do now? Is there a rotation you loved? I want to keep my strength and definition, and I do not want to repeat the whole STS rotation at this time. I teach intense fitness classes 3 times per week right now, but I do my own workout in the morning each day. Thank you for any input!!! Have and awesome day!

and....

I am also interestested to know what kinds of workouts you did the week you finished, as it is supposed to be a week off from STS. Thank you!
Jodi

I am kind of wondering too. I'm in meso 3 and will be done soon. I have loved STS. I will definitely be repeating the program but I want to take a couple months off.

I am kind of wondering too. I'm in meso 3 and will be done soon. I have loved STS. I will definitely be repeating the program but I want to take a couple months off.

Do you mean a week of weight training? I know you like lifting weight.
One total hypertrophy per week such as STS total or Muscle Max is enough to maintain what you have currently gained till you restart your next cycle:):).

I am finishing meso 1 this week and will need to keep STS away for a while. I have been on it since mid december:eek::eek: with a week break.

Ok that is really helpful. I will do just one day per week of total body heavy lifting until I pick STS back up. I have both the STS total body dvd and muscle max. I love both those workouts. Any other dvd suggestions?

Do you mean a week of weight training? I know you like lifting weight.
One total hypertrophy per week such as STS total or Muscle Max is enough to maintain what you have currently gained till you restart your next cycle:):).

I am finishing meso 1 this week and will need to keep STS away for a while. I have been on it since mid december:eek::eek: with a week break.

I'll wrap up my STS this weekend. I've had a knee injury from 2.5 weeks ago (seeing PT for eval today.) So I have not been able to do the Meso 3 leg workouts, unfortunately. I am gaining more range of motion back in my knee and can walk.

I'm leaning toward a metabolic type rotation with 2 circuit/metabolic workouts per week and one Total Body weights like Muscle Max once a week to maintain the muscle I worked so hard for. The other two days will be HiiT if my knee can take it, or walking for cardio. I'm hoping this can help lean me out and help expose the muscle that is under a nice layer of fat right now :confused:

I'll wrap up my STS this weekend. I've had a knee injury from 2.5 weeks ago (seeing PT for eval today.) So I have not been able to do the Meso 3 leg workouts, unfortunately. I am gaining more range of motion back in my knee and can walk.

I'm leaning toward a metabolic type rotation with 2 circuit/metabolic workouts per week and one Total Body weights like Muscle Max once a week to maintain the muscle I worked so hard for. The other two days will be HiiT if my knee can take it, or walking for cardio. I'm hoping this can help lean me out and help expose the muscle that is under a nice layer of fat right now :confused:

Metabolic/circuit/ Hiit 3 per week is the maximum recommended frequency. 2 is sufficient. It does not have last an hour. 30-45 minutes is fine. 2.5 weeks is too early for Hiit in my opinion. Check with your doctor and please ensure you have the go ahead;) I would keep it low impact for a start.

I just finished creating an undulating 90 day rotation with STS and all of Cathe's weight workouts. I will be doing Hiit 1-2 days a week. Maybe something similar when you want to come back to weights.

Ok that is really helpful. I will do just one day per week of total body heavy lifting until I pick STS back up. I have both the STS total body dvd and muscle max. I love both those workouts. Any other dvd suggestions?

Hi vkerwin,

You can add cardio to your weekly routine. Just be careful not to do too much cardio to the point of breaking down muscles hardly gained:p.

other total workout are high reps and power hours, these are high reps programs. I recommend pyramid as a split and/or the total body premix. To name just total body ones:D;)

I just finished creating an undulating 90 day rotation with STS and all of Cathe's weight workouts. I will be doing Hiit 1-2 days a week. Maybe something similar when you want to come back to weights.

Karen,

Would you mind sharing your rotation with us on here?:)
How many time are you working each muscle group per week?

Metabolic/circuit/ Hiit 3 per week is the maximum recommended frequency. 2 is sufficient. It does not have last an hour. 30-45 minutes is fine. 2.5 weeks is too early for Hiit in my opinion. Check with your doctor and please ensure you have the go ahead;) I would keep it low impact for a start.

Just started PT today. My patella is out of alignment, so I have pain with squat type movements on my right leg. I can walk/elliptical/bike .. but NO running, plyo workouts, leg weights, etc. My PT assures me that by the end of these 6 weeks I'll be back to running, plyos/high impact, and heavy weights.

Until then, it's lots of lying leg work (twice a day they said), foam rollling legs twice a day ... and I guess I'll need to keep up with upper body weights. Plans are made to be broken, right???

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.