Film from the perspective of a participant in the studio, to make it easier to follow Cathe's footwo

ColleenT

I have been doing step aerobics for years and I just joined Cathe Live.

I am used to following the instructors footsteps from behind. I am having a hard time being face-to-face with the instructor in the video and then having to reverse my footsteps.

Have you ever considered filming with a zoom lens from the back of the room, so that when watching from home, we feel like we are in the studio rather at the front of the studio facing everyone?

Thanks!

I have been doing step aerobics for years and I just joined Cathe Live.

I am used to following the instructors footsteps from behind. I am having a hard time being face-to-face with the instructor in the video and then having to reverse my footsteps.

Have you ever considered filming with a zoom lens from the back of the room, so that when watching from home, we feel like we are in the studio rather at the front of the studio facing everyone?

Thanks!
In a Gym setting an instructor quite often doesn't face their class, especially when choreography is concerned. However, in the world of home exercise video your left becomes your right and your right becomes your left, called mirror teaching, and the instructor normally faces the camera and their home viewers. In the same way you comb your hair by watching a reverse image of yourself, mirror teaching in an exercise video becomes second nature once you have done it for a while. Showing the backside of an instructor instead of their face just doesn't work very well on TV, hence the reason nearly all exercise videos are done with the instructor facing the camera. It's just a different world that you have to spend a little time getting used to. Cathe has to constantly switch back and forth between the two methods as she teaches Gym classes and does Cathe Live every week. It can be a little confusing at first, but you will quickly adapt once you've done this for a while.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.