Exercise Shoes?

RubySue78

I am curious to know what type of shoe everyone uses for their workouts. I was told years ago that a COURT shoe was the best shoe to use (A sole that is NOT easily bendable or moveable from side to side). I need to buy new shoes and am thinking of trying something different.
What do you use?
Crosstrainers
Running Shoes
Specific Weight Trainer Shoes
?

I have to wear running shoes as recommended by my podiatrist because I have issues with my feet. Not the best choice for some workouts since they feel a little clunky, but I am able to do high impact workouts without pain.

I gravitate towards running shoes, Asics or Brooks brand. I have supination issues so specific shoes are designed for that. Plus I wear custom orthotic and I have found running shoes offer space for my inserts.
As a previous poster said, it really depends on your unique foot anatomy. Zappos allows for free shipping and easy returns so I "test out" a lot of shoes that way.

I also love ASICS!! They have great heel cushion and lateral support. I'm very heavy on my feet and need the cushioning. I also find that running shoes offer comfortable heel cushion. Everyone's feet are different.

I also love ASICS!! They have great heel cushion and lateral support. I'm very heavy on my feet and need the cushioning. I also find that running shoes offer comfortable heel cushion. Everyone's feet are different.
ASICS do rock for sure! I bought out my favorite ASICS shoes when I found they discontinued them..

We've discussed this subject before so I'm thinking you maybe able to search for it. Anyway cross trainers, cross trainers, cross trainers. They are meant for support all all directions while running shoes are made for running. The brand to use is the one that fits YOUR feet the best.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.