Exercise Ball (or kneeler) used for Office Chair?

Gobias

Cathlete
Does anyone have a recommendation for a "Ball Chair"? I have seen some that just use a plain exercise ball (if so, how do I determine the correct size?) and some that have a "frame" where the ball rests so you don't roll all over (if so, does that really do anything since you aren't using as much core stability to stay still?).

I have also seen a few chairs that you kneel on and rest your shins and there is not a back (I don't know the name - a kneeler?) - any thoughts on those?

I am mainly wanting one because I sit ALL DAY LONG and am sick of getting glimpses of myself in the mirror looking like Quasimodo. My normal comfy office chair just entices me to slump over.

Thanks.

A co-worker just had back surgery, and uses the "kneeler." Keeps pressure off his back. My computer system is on a platform that I can raise and lower, I can stand and work, or sit and work. Breaks up the sitting all day. I liked this system so much, that I recommended it to the "powers that be," and they ordered them for the whole company. For me, sitting all day is a nightmare. I also try to get a set of push-ups, or squats in every hour. Something to break up the monotony. Another co-worker tried sitting on a stability ball, and she kept rolling off.
I guess what I'm trying to say, there are methods to break up the monotony of sitting all day. Just need to find what works for you. I highly recommend the moving computer platform desk. Totally understand the Quasimodo comment!
Here's an example of what I'm suggesting:
https://www.varidesk.com/shop?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI9OeTpPbF1wIVDMpkCh0RVQjWEAAYASAAEgJU5_D_BwE

PTO has fallen dramatically. Convincing the "boss" is the hardest part.

Last edited:
I agree with Karen; if you can get the standing set-up, I highly recommend it. I have access to that but need recommendations for when I need to sit. Do you know if your co-worker who uses the kneeler has issues with his legs falling asleep or knees hurting from the constant bend? That is my concern with the kneeler. Good to know the other co-worker kept rolling off the ball. That *will* happen to me if it is a possibility!

I also do rebounding to break up the day - that is so much fun.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.