DOMS - is this what it's like?

L Sass

Cathlete
Ohhhhhhh ddddeeeeaaaarrrr!!!!!!! I had a free session yesterday with a personal trainer. We hit legs and glutes, abs, obliques, shouder and triceps. (here she is: http://www.trainingbymelissa.com) Also had my first use of a Smith Machine -- what an incredible machine that puppy is!

Now I've had DOMS before (which I love feeling!), but I have NEVER had it like this! Oh WOW -- she kicked my patutti! Is this what it's like when you kick up your fitness routine and use a real PT?

LOL Lorrie. I have no idea what using a real PT is like, but it sounds like you got your money's worth (even if it was free!)

I hear ya! I have had my own little battle with DOMS this week from Cathe's GS Legs from this past monday's workout! could hardly get out of bed tuesday! struggled all week with the simple act of standing and still have a twinge now and then even this morning... at least you had the guts to try it and now know what it can do for you should you want to indulge in the future!

I think I'll hold off the PT idea for awhile! :eek: I'm still using training wheels!

Lorrie, yes, if you have a GOOD PT this is what it's like! BTW I just read an article about people who are wheelchair bound and how they need to build upper body strength. In it, the author referred to DOMS as congratulatory pain. I thought that was kind of cool... kind of. :eek:

So, congratulations on your pain -- LOL!!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.