RapidBreath

Cathlete
Welcome to everyone!

This is a check in for anyone with health issues that impact the workouts that they can do.

We are diamonds in the rough because we have all been through hard things but we are still shining!!!

Yay- love the new group name!
I haven't checked in the last few days but hi to everyone that has joined.
I was unable to do the leg workout for STS mesocycle 1 as my knee continues to bother me. The swelling has gone down but I am having issues with it "slipping" on the inside. A truly gross feeling. It has happened before- I know it will just take some time and TLC.
I am riding the bike 'EASY' to try and maintain some cardio. The upper body workouts have been great, except for the umpteen pushups she does in the chest, bicep and shoulder workout. Yikes there are a lot to do!
All the best to everyone in 2018- hopefully our bods will keep up!!
Melanie

Bike and abs today.
Knee is slowly improving. Was going to test out a run on it today then I sobered up and realized that would be stupid.
Shoulders are feeling yesterday's weights- I like that feeling!

I had a chiropractic appointment on Thursday, an acupuncture appointment Friday morning, and then had two fillings put in and two crowns yesterday. I feel really beat up. But, at least I'm not in a lot of pain. I'm sore in my jaw, my arm is still bothering me (I guess the chiropractic didn't fix that issue.) and I'm grumpy.

I'm supposed to work on a project today. But, I just don't feel like it. Bleh.

Rapid, I hope you are feeling better today! Sounds like a rough week!

I have been using my treadmill consistently, but my treadmill was the only thing I could really use easily in my workout room. I have spent the last several days cleaning up in there, I had books everywhere, I'm not sure where they all came from, lol. I have been using a floor lamp for the last year or so to use my treadmill since we figured out the florescent lighting is giving me migraines. The floor lamp is just not bright enough to really do anything else in there. We bought a couple of led panels to try in place of the old ceiling lights. I'm excited to try them, but today is my husbands birthday, so I'm probably not going to get them up today. At least it's progress to the goal!

I am feeling better today. The local anesthetic worked really well. I like the new dentist.

I got my room cleaned up. Thats always the first thing that must be done before a workout of any kind.

TCB309: OMG! I didn't fluorescents could give a person a migraine. I use a pair of orange glasses (they look ridiculous, like I was a Mike Myers' villain.) and they help reduce my headaches.

RapidBreath

RapidBreath: I had migraines everyday for years, turns out I can't handle eating any form of processed glutamates like msg, yeast extract, caramel color, etc... Once those migraines cleared up I discovered the florescent lights and perfumes also do me in. I hear you on the glasses, I have a pair of axon optics glasses that help, but they won't work well for working out. I can't handle sweating in glasses! I always take them off when I have to meet with people too because they are so tinted they just don't make a positive fashion statement, as you know!

RapidBreath- I have been blah the last two days as well. Finally got my poop in a group today and got back and triceps STS mesocycle week 2 done. Will I ever do an unassisted chin up or pull up. Sigh. A girl can dream.
TCB309- My TM is sitting collecting dust the last month because of my knee. I am going to give my knee to the end of the month to get to 100% then I'm planning on starting to train for a half at either the end of May or start of June. Got some new Hokas for inspiration- actually my bunion came through my old pair. Ick- bunion- sounds like I'm 80!

Wishing you both a wicked week!

Hi Ladies!

So glad to be hear....finally got my fanny out of bed extra early this morning to workout. I did 5’ warm up on treadmill, Liw Impact Hiit and 5’ cooldown on treadmill....it’s a start. Baby steps when it comes to high intensity....I am determined!
Have a great day ladies!

Melanie - Training for a half in May or June is a lot! Make sure your knee is ready. I love getting new running shoes, it is inspirational!
MrsDitchen - I'm jealous, I have never been able to work out early in the morning. I get nauseous no matter what.
I put 4.5 miles in on the treadmill this afternoon; followed it up with 30 minutes of Ellen Barrett's Stretch Sculpt. I still do not have great lights in my workout room, so it needed to be simple. I really did need a good stretch through my shoulders as well, this usually fits the bill.
Enjoy!!

I did 10 minutes of cardio with Petra Kolber called Dance off Belly Fat, its one of the 10 min. Solution discs. For me, thats a big deal. I haven't done a DVD workout since before my surgery!!! Then, I did 15 minutes of foam rolling and 25 minutes of PT exercises. I have to put a 10 lb weight on my belly, lay on the floor, put my feet up on a balance ball, put a 10 lb dumbbell on my belly, and this is where it gets silly, suck in air through my lips, like I was sucking on a straw, while relaxing my pelvis, and on the exhale buzz my lips. No kidding! I do that for about 20 minutes. Its supposed to help my pelvis nerves stop contracting.

RapidBreath: I had migraines everyday for years, turns out I can't handle eating any form of processed glutamates like msg, yeast extract, caramel color, etc... Once those migraines cleared up I discovered the florescent lights and perfumes also do me in. I hear you on the glasses, I have a pair of axon optics glasses that help, but they won't work well for working out. I can't handle sweating in glasses! I always take them off when I have to meet with people too because they are so tinted they just don't make a positive fashion statement, as you know!
Me neither, I can't get MSG at all. That is an instant headache. Yeah, I can't wear my glasses while working out, but I do use solar spectrum bulbs in my workout room. My glasses are too weird and orange to be seen in! I didn't know that yeast extract and caramel color were MSG, oh my goodness, thank you for telling me. I really didn't know that.

My jaw feels just fine. But, I my mouth has been watering a little more than usual. And, my glands under my chin are swollen.

Weird: my ankles are swollen (had too much sodium) but I'm down a couple of pounds.

I have been sidelined due to the flu. Ugh, I was really looking forward to getting back into a routine! I am feeling much better today but still really dizzy. I think it will be several more days before I try anything more rigorous than trying to catch up on life. I hope everyone is doing well!!

RapidBreath, the tamiflu the doctor gave me seemed to really help. Thankfully I didn't get a secondary infection. I have been walking a lot, no running, I've just been so tired. I did finally do an "official" workout today. I did time saver 4 on PHA Training. That 25 minutes was all I could handle after being so sick. I hope you are feeling better!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.