Damage Control . . . Week of 2/20

Good Morning!

Another early morning but today the client came to my house so I didn't have to leave. I went to bed late but slept really well. When my alarm went off I was in the middle of a dream, involving my high school teacher. Not sure how she came into the picture.

Today my plan is cardio and either all of HR's or just the UB. Tomorrow is gonna be a crazy day so I may be better off doing all of the weights now and just having cardio and abs on the agenda for tomorrow.

I can't beleive my week off is coming to an end:confused: I thought a week off would make me wanna go back and give me a nice break....but I don't wanna go back yet! LOL

Laura** I am soooo happy you are enjoying you new clothes...it would have been on my head if you didn't;). I absolutely love it! I have a friend who went on and on the other day about how it wasn't any good and so on. For one she doesn't even workout and the other thing is she is so far in debt that I think she would have trouble justifying spending any money on it. Because it is def good quality. She said that she as bought nicer sweaters at walmart! LOL The lulu sweaters are like coats. I wear mine wherever I go in the middle of this stupid winter!

Wendy** OMG...that's funny that you barely seperate your laundry! LOL I don't mind laundry, I hate putting it away though. My mom on the other hand love laundry (like yours) and I think she pretty much irons everything.

Diana** Drink Diana is telling me that I had a boring workout!?:p Well....i never! LOL Glad to hear you weigh in wasn't that bad...lush;);) Hehehe! Hope you don't fall asleep on a load of towels!

Ok...I think that catches me up. I was gonna go back to bed after my client left, if DS was still asleep but he is up and at 'um...so I am gonna sip a little more coffee and then get this workout started!

BBL!
Lori:)

So, by the time I got up today, the tightness in my hip flexors had worked itself out. The DOMS from B&G is in my deep glutial muscles and in my lower quads. But it's not too bad. I'm impressed with soreness in my quads because that's tough for me to create.

Today I did Kick Max. Love, love, love that workout. I know most people like KPC more, but they are equal to me.

Lori--Wow, girl. Your endurance is off the charts. Cardio + HRs?! :eek: Wowzers. ITA agree w/Wendy about setting your hours and making people work into those hours. I know you have a lot to work through as you get set up . . . cancellation policies, working hours . . . but you'll get it all set up and then it will just run smoothly! I must've missed a post . . . where are you going for a week?

Laura--I think there is some truth to your theory that we don't like working what we need the most. At the same time, I have weeny arms if I don't work them, but I enjoy working them because of the effect. I remember when I first joined Nautilus back in HS to try to gain upper body strength for b-ball. On the military press--I couldn't even get the machine out of the starting position on the first peg! I would always have to go hunt up some nice person who would spot the machine out of starting position for a scrawny kid--and then I had to make sure that on my reps I didn't take the weight down too low or I couldn't get it back up!! :confused: I've come so far--using 15 pound dumbbells for overhead press!! Woo hoo! :D I think the difference in my legs is that the muscle groups are so large it HURTS that much more! :p LOL.

Diana--Sorry about your poopy day at work. We all have those, so don't be too hard on yourself about the missed workout. The leg workout you did the day before sounds great. Sorry that it's a step down for you, but your weights are still impressive. Are the squats and lunges free weights or Smith machine or what? Fun about your new iPod Touch. I have an iPhone and love, love, love it. I will probably upgrade while I'm in the States this summer since the new ones should come out.

Wendy--LOL about your laundry strategy. I actually enjoy laundry, but, like Lori, I don't so much like putting it away. I don't like cleaning bathrooms because I feel all grungy when I'm done.

Hi Ladies...Happy Friday!!

I'm kinda tired this morning, I'm sure it had something to do with my drinks last night.:p

I should be doing disc 22, but that's not going to happen. Probably a short cardio and some ab work will do this morning.

Lori-it seems to me if you don't do some crazy mish mosh with 4 or 5 different activities, its' almost not worth your time.;) I'm going to try to get back on track with my morning and lunch w/o's. To start, I'm going to try getting to the rec ctr twice per week at lunch. I used to go everyday but that's not possible with all the projects we have going on at work right now. I doubt you can get lululemon quality at walmart!

LauraR-I do freestanding squats and lunges in a squat rack, my personal preference. I don't use the smith machine simply because I don't like it. I don't like the angle, the sliding motion etc. You can definitely do some exercises on a smith machine that you can't do freestanding. I'm in desperate need of a new phone but am trying to hold off until July when the new Iphones come out. My blackberry has seen better days for sure.

bbl

Hey Girls,

About to get in the shower......thought I would check in with my workout first though.

I started it early, therefore its only 10:30 and I am done. I did LIC abs first, then I did HR UB, then HR abs (just because:)), then 45 mins on the TM, then 15 mins on the bike, then HR LB. Now I'm done!:) Would anyone like for me to go back to the basement and do more? I did think about doing the circuit work in LIC but if I have no DOMS tomorrow, then I may do that mixed in with a run.

Laura** We are thinking about going to Cuba for a week but nothing is set in stone yet. We were hoping that both sets of parents would help out with the kids while we were away but now my MIL wants to go with us:confused: She's been acting odd lately. I keep telling DH that she says things weirder then my own mom says! You would think she would find someone her own age to go with and offer to help out at home. Nope.....
I still have some DOMS in my glutes from GS and I didn't realize it until i started doing LB work a little while ago.

Diana** Well...you k now...I can't kill myself all the time;) As much as I would like to, it just can't happen. I am sure you will get back into the groove of going to the rec centre.

O.k....3 days off left to go. Tomorrow is gonna be super busy. I may not even be around. I should be able to check in on Sunday though.

BBL!
Lori:)

Morning.

Woke up with DOMS this morning, especially in my hip flexors. I was practically crying during the warm up of my work out but was able to get through it and push on some how. I did S 90's Cardio Challenge followed by Ultimate Ball (abs/core work out). Both are good work outs and make a killer combo!!! NOW my hip flexors are TOTALLY FRIED! It hurts for me to lift my legs AT ALL! I am using my hands to get my legs crossed at my desk! :eek:

BBL to catch up~:cool:

Last edited:
TGIF!!!!! finally!!!

Morning Ladies ..

DH ticked me off first thing this morning .. :mad: .. made smart@$$ comment about me "walking to get my @$$ in my jeans" ... :eek: :mad: AWWW LAWD .. it did not set right w/me .. of course he says he was kidding and talking about how "cute my @$$ was" .. REALLY???? OK .. didnt sound that way to me :mad: .. ahhhhhh .. might as well count it up to him not being very eloquent to say the least .. gotta drop it b/c it is DATE NIGHT tonight .. he has called 3 times apologizing that he didnt mean it the way I took it :confused: - anyyyyywaaayyyy .....I did a kickarse PLYO class last night .. did some new stuff and it was KILLER!!! and my leg did NOT hurt .. so I did not injure it .. must have been a bad charlie horse or muscle spasm ....:D

Wendy - have you been talking to my DH about how to do laundry .. b/c what little he does is exactly like how you do it :p

Lori - I LOOOOOVEE the lululemon stuff .. OK the shorts .. the legs are a bit bigger than I like but they did not ride down in the ab area .. stayed put during all the burpees etc .. and I have never had shorts that stay put during all that core work and plyo stuff ... :) .. and the TOP .. WOW .. to be a skinny T back .. I was SO IMPRESSED w/the support it gave me .. not that I am big chested .. but most t-bck do not support well .. and this one did .. :D so you are getting HIGH FIVES from me girlie!!!

LauraR - I wish my arms were thinner .. I put on muscle easily .. but I also gain SIZE easy .. and I dont want to look like a HUNGABUNGA woman .. LOL .. but if I dont work them .. they still stay bigger but flabby ... so as much as hate it .. gotta keep working them .. would rather bigger and toned than bigger and flabby!! :eek:

Di - sorry bout the crappy workday .. ugh .. hate those days - I emailed Jacque too .. no response . hope all is ok with her .. kinda a bit worried now!! and congrats on overall loss .. that is progress!!!

OK .. gotta jet ... unfortunatly even w/the RUDE comment from DH I have to take a FORCED REST DAY today .. b/c I am getting my hair done at lunch .. then DH and I have a banquet we are going to .. IF I CAN FIND SOMETHING TO FIT MY FAT @$$ INTO :mad::mad::p:p:p have a great one!

Diana:: No worries re doing Meso 3...I probably won't do it either TBH. :p Though I do want to do the Plyo Leg routines so I'm not positive about that quite yet. I'll have to see how I look/feel at the end of Meso 2 and then I'll decide. I do know that I'd like to follow up STS with a short Insanity rotation. I don't think I wld do the full 2 months but I want to do it for a month with a f/b work out added in like I did it last time. After that I think it'll be an S 90 rotation! :D So what was your drink of choice last night? I had my usual single glass of wine. Tonight I will probably indulge a bit more with a couple captain n cokes. ;)

LauraT:: MEN! Sorry your DH ticked you off. Sometimes they just don't think!!!! :eek::rolleyes::mad: I'm sure he didn't mean it though. He luffs you and if he luffs you he would never purposely say something like that to hurt you! :) LOL re your DH doing laundry the way I do. I used to separate it but it's too hard to keep up with it that way b/c then I don't always have full loads to do. By just dumping it in until the machine is full I get a full load every time unless there isn't enough dirty clothes to make one! Makes it get done that much faster! I can keep my hamper virtually EMPTY at all times that way! :D

Lori:: Nope you didn't do enough! Get your butt back down into your work out room and DO MORE! :p:p:p:p:p My mom used to be a big iron fanatic too. She didn't iron EVERYTHING but she would iron every week faithfully. My g'ma used to iron my g'pa's boxer shorts! :D

Jacque:: Hope all is okay with you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Woo hoo! Christmas in February.

The container cleared customs, so I have my STS Tower!! :D

And, the same day, we picked up visitors from the US who brought my latest Cathe DVDs. I've had the downloads, but having the actual discs in my hand, with the premixes, is still much better to me.

Happy, happy! :D

Also, this morning was another 3 mile run.

Good Morning!

I am up to get my workout done before the madness begins!:confused: I am not even really looking forward to this day. I like my saturday's that I am off to be more enjoyable. So I have to work myself out, workout with someone at 9, then 10:30, which takes me right to 12. Birthday party from 12-1:30, then I have to go back to the same house for dinner, then a hockey game and then a party:eek: I may have a little down time between the party and the dinner OR I may also skip the hockey game and stay home. I should take DS though.

I have some DOMS in my back. My eating as been waaaaaaay of track this week and now the scale is up. I need to get that back in order this week. There is a number I like now and I don't wanna go below or above it by much. I have one lady who comes here and she is obese and she keeps making cookies for me....but claims she doesn't eat them herself!:confused: I asked for the recipe and I have made two batches of them this week b/c DD asked me to. Who do you think ate most of them? Yesterday I had a salad for my dinner and now I feel all bloated and crap....

The party DS has today is a sliding party, and whadya know....its raining out! Its very windy too. Normally I would like this b/c the snow will go down some. But it would have been nice for the party to be outside.

So I had my last lululemon purchase arrive yesterday,got it on sale and I don't know if its for me. I can't return it. Its a jacket that is tight around the middle and lose on the top. I may see if I can sell it. Other then that, it is sooooo comfy and soft.

LauraR** Have fun with your tower!!! I do have alot of endurance. Most days are good of course, then there are others where I don't wanna do anything but once I get going I am o.k.

Wendy** My mom use to hang all of our clothes on the line when we were kids...in the winter! I would have to bring in laundry and you could almost stand the jeans up b/c they were froze solid. I think she was to cheap to turn on the dryer so she would iron EVERYTHING! Even face clothes. I think she finally gave up iron face clothes but as soon as she comes here, she hauls out the ironing board and gets to work:D

Laura** Men are stupid....you know that, and we all know that. They don't have a filter that's all. I think DH has learned though. Even when I was pregnant he said nothing about my enormous...everything really. There wasn't one thing that was larger then the other...I was just large! So happy you like your purchases. So what will you buy next??

Diana** What are your plans for this weekend??

Jacque** Where have you gone?? We miss you!!

I MAY BBL. Hopefully between the party and dinner I have a couple of hours to myself. Lord knows I need to read!

Lori

Good Morning Ladies.

Well I still have DOMS but it has stayed in my lower body so it'll be Disc 10 today for me. Hopefully Disc 9 can get done tmrw! Time will tell. I am hoping to have time for a little cardio as well if my legs will allow it today! :p

Lori:: A sliding party? What is that?? Put the jacket on and take a pic. Post it on fb and ask opinnions! Sorry the scale is up. Actually, what am I saying? No, I'm not. :p Proves you are HUMAN! ;) Wow busy day for you. I have house work, work out, some where fun for Joey and then an engagement party to go to tonight. Tomorrow I am probably hanging out with a friend in the afternoon. My mom called me to see if we wanted to come to dinner tmrw night. I declined. That would have been the thing that would have put me over the edge cause I would have had too much to do. Plus the fact, I don't need 2 meals out in one weekend especially after being in A/C this past one! :eek: I am going to a hockey game on Friday. I'm petrified! :eek:

LauraR:: Awesome re the tower! I just finally ordered one from Amazon y'day!!! Sooo excited. Should have it next week! Let me know how you like it!!!!!!!!! Yes the premixes are a nice advantage to the DVD's but you can make your own premixes with the WOB! ;) Have you used it yet? I am going wait to get a few more downloads that I really want and then I'm going to start playing around with it.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.