Damage Control . . . Week of 2/20

Hi Ladies,

Well, I totally ate terrible yesterday. I've haven't had much bread/carbs the last several weeks which I think is really helping the weightloss. Following WW, breads are high in points also. Breakfast was lo carb toast w/ almond butter & jelly, no lunch, cake & ice cream, 3 slices pizza and 2 pieces cinnabread. I'm definitely not stepping on the scale today!

I never did w/o yesterday..:mad:.Oh I hate having a rest day on the weekend. I prefer my rest days to fall when I need to be at work early. Today will be B&B, and a cardio. I'm also going to try out the TRX I borrowed. The resistance is your own body weight and you can make exercises easier or harder based on your body positioning.

There are a bunch of boys sleeping in the basement so I can't w/o until later today.

What is everyone else up to this weekend?

bbl

Diana--It's TTOTM for me, which means major sugar cravings! I just caved and had a chocolate cupcake that the kids made y-day, along with a small latte. I don't think a cupcake has ever tasted so good!

Planning on some veggie soup for supper . . . low-cal to counterbalance the sugar-fest this afternoon!! :p

Everyone must be having busy President's Weekend getaways. Be good and and have fun! ;) I'm headed to bed. DH is back, so it's back to running tomorrow for me. I'm eager to see how I do after several days off. I've hit some heavy cardio, but running is still different.

My goal is less the running and more the getting in shape, which is happening. So whatever happens tomorrow, I'll be good with it. :)

Nighty night from East Africa.

Good Morning:)

Let's just say that I feel much better then I did yesterday morning:eek: Went out with the girls and I usually know when to stop drinking and start sobering up but nope.....not Saturday night! We stayed at one of the clubs until the lights came on...and then I went to a pizza joint:confused: Got home around 3:30, woke up at 7 with a wicked headache and sick:mad: The funny part of my story was that I took a load of towels out of the dryer, threw them on the floor and that's where I got comfortable. I slept on a load of laundry for 2 hours! I was in a position where my head didn't hurt anymore. I wasn't long falling asleep last night and I am so happy to be 100% again today! So yesterday was my rest day!

We had a blast though so I don't regret it. I laughed so much! I had this one guy who wouldn't leave me alone. His pick up line was "let me cook you a meal of trout"....who says that? I told him that he needed some better lines then that. He offered to buy me a drink and I looked at my glass (which was still full) and I said "not right now, but maybe in 30 mins or so....":eek: LOL Everywhere I looked, there he was! And he knew I was married...he didn't care. Anyway, I got lots of compliments on my arms too...and not from that guy! LOL He even said "when will I see you again"? LOL.....what a idiot!

So this is my first full week off of work! I also spoke with a girl saturday night and she has my number. She is gonna text me some time this week and we are gonna get together. I got to sleep in this morning b/c I didn't have anyone. I have someone at 11 and 1:30, and then this evening so I am gonna try to get my workout in soon. It will be a good cardio and UB. Although I should run over to my friends house and get the GS's and do those. Maybe I will wait and do UB tomorrow morning instead.

Laura** Nice run. Its been quiet around here the last 2 days. I should have checked in from work yesterday but I had to train someone plus...I took a nap! LOL

Diana** Ah...we all have days where our eating isn't the best. You just need to forget about it and move on. Sometimes its hard to get back on track but if you are following a plan it should be easier. Plus you are already seeing weightloss.

Alright...I am gonna go check in to my other thread, do a couple of things that need to be done and then I am going to start my workout!

Lori:)

Hi Ladies,

Well I didn't get in a w/o at all this past weekend, and ate junk. I didn't want to, but stepped on the scale and it was not nearly as bad as I thought.

This morning will be B&B, bootcamp class tonight, followed by 2 days of intense cardio before my weigh in. That along with tons of water should make a difference. Not sure how much the weight will change by Wed but will give it my best shot. Also, getting back to eating my normal foods will do a body good.

When I was out yesterday, I went to a running store and was fitted for a new pair of running shoes. They did a pressure test to see if I put weight on my feet equally and also shows your pressure points on your feet, and a treadmill test. I'll start breaking them in during bootcamp class and hope to start running a bit even if its only on the weekends.

I bought the xbox 360 and the kinect, it is a ton of fun! We played it for Jerod's party. fun fun fun....

Am I the only one who has to work today? The rest of my family will be home. TBH, I'd rather take a day off when I could have the house to myself.

LauraR-good job getting your run in this morning even though you weren't feeling it. TTOM can do that to us.

Lori-sounds like you had a fun weekend. Wow, you have a whole week off work, awesome. Does that mean you can get more training sessions in this week? It's nice to go out every now and then and just let loose.

Hi Wendy, LauraT and Jacque!

MONDAY .. ugh

Hello Ladies!!!!

I took a REST weekend :eek: :eek: but it was AWESOME .. got a TON of stuff done ... yardmax, cleanmax, doggie bathmax, and then got my exercise clothes cleaned out and organize .. giving my smaller tops to SIL .. got to go on the creek and do some catfishing .. and got to spend quality time w/DH ;) :D just a FUN weekend! Today it is back to business!!! :p

LauraR - imagine 7 weeks is not long to get things together for a trip like you have upcoming!!! good job on the run!!!

Lori - OMG .. I bout spit out my water when I read about you laying on the laundry .. LOL .. i did that one time after about 14 hours at sea and CABS flowing freely .. came in hugged up on my furbabbies and made myself right at home in their doggie bed :p:p:p

Wendy - sending winning vibes for you!!!!! hope you are having fuN!!

Di - NOPE I am working today too :( . . I am starting my CLEAN eating spree today .. we will see how long it lasts ... LOL

Hello to my long lost friend Jacque ...

OK .. better jet - did a power walk at lunch - so far eats are good .. not enough calories though .. gotta go to grocery store on break .. or I wont make it thru class tonight .. which is either going to be a circuit class .. or mish mosh class ...have a great one!:D

Hey Girls,

My quiet day wasn't so quiet after all. My 11 didn't show up and then wanted to come at 2:30:mad: Then my MIL came at 4......it was steady go. But I managed to poke lots of food in my mouth through out the day. I think I was making up for yesterday! I was also very thirsty, probably making up for yesterday as well.

My workout was 35 mins on the TM, 10 mins on the bike, CM2 and Disc 1. I probably would have done more if I wasn't suppose to have someone at 11. Tomorrow I will probably do a good cardio b/c I feel bloated now from all the food I ate today! And probably back and tris. Not sure if I will be sore disc 1 or not. Lots of pushups though.

I emailed my friend regarding getting the GS back and her response was "Are you sure you need to work those guns out more after punching that cop in the arm and hurting him on Sat night!" LOL I forgot about that:eek:

Diana** How are the new sneaks?? I love getting new sneakers. DH ordered a pair for me and they should soon be in. I think the ones I am wearing now are the same ones I wore to my last marathon so I have had them a little while. I probably do need to change. But they still look new b/c I didn't wear them outside very often.

LauraR** Would you believe me if I said that I tried to behave myself:p;) Probably not!

Laura** Sounds like you had a lovely weekend. You seemed busy even though you didn't workout. I was so hungover that I didn't know where to get. Finally those towels looked so comfy! It was my saving grave! LOL

O.k...I will bb tomorow! Off to bed I go!

Morning.

Nope, not a good one. :rolleyes:

I've only managed 1 work out since Friday when I left...that was Intensity HiiT hi/lo on saturday. It was great but after that...nothin! Including this morning. :( Sunday I was too busy (fun day though!). Y'day I was tired and had a bad belly and this morning I was tired, still with a grumpy stomach and feeling a bit achey like a fever could starting. :( I hate this in between sick and not sick feeling. I wish I'd either get sick or feel good. This stinks! :mad:

Just wanted to pop in to say I'm back and alive and had a blast...even though I lost...BUT DH WON so we won overall! :D

Better go jump in the shower now...BBL to catch up...

Good Morning,

I have been up for a while and am still sleepy. Feels like my coffee was decaf or something. I had a workout session at 6:15 and I soooo wanted to stay in bed! I need to go to bed earlier tonight.

Oh man...I have some MAJOR DOMS in my back (don't know why) and my abs! They are both on fire! But that didn't stop me from doing disc 2 a minute ago. I don't think I can do abs though, they are to sore! Me likey! I am getting ready to do cardio now though and then I will get ready for my day. I love having my workout over with early in the a.m. I also have some DOMS in my quads. This is so weird. I am hurting in parts that I didn't even work!

Wendy** Hope your not catching some kind of bug!! No one in the house ever did catch DH's stomach flu that time. Usually there is no way to escape that stuff. Hope you feel better!!!

I will bb after my cardio. I am leaning towards a run and 4DSBC.

Hi Ladies,

Only time for a short w/o this morning. I'm taking Jerod to get his driving permit. I will be doing a HIIT w/o, possibly 40/20. I tend to use DWP the most since it doesn't use a step.

I have some serious DOMs in my back and legs. Bootcamp wasn't that hard last night so I'm surprised to be this sore. We did running up and down using an 8 inch step or a bosu, jumps on to them and stepping down, jump rope, stair running, multiple variety of pushups and abs.

Wendy-sorry you're not feeling well. Don't beat yourself up about missing some w/o's. You were on vacation, no biggie. I didn't w/o at all over the weekend and ate terribly. I'm back at it though. Feel better soon.

Lori-Your family doesn't mind/hear when you have clients so early in the morning? Enjoy your w/o, it doesn't sound terribly crazy today. I need to get some 40# & 45# db's especially for back and chest work.

Laura-it sounds like you had a wonderful and productive weekend! I love weekends like that.

Hi LauraR & Jacque!

Workout done. So I did Disc 2, 45 mins on the TM (5.35 miles) and 4DSBC. No abs today. Tomorrow will probably be a leg day.

Diana** I love sneaking DOMS but it leaves me confused! My abs could also be sore from all the laughing saturday night or the pushups in yesterday's workout. I use to always get DOMS in my abs from the pushups in the GS series. I went out this morning but when people do come here early in the a.m, no one hears them. DS and DH are 3 floors up from that and it would take a earth quake to wake him up!

BBL!

Last edited:
Hello.

Today has been insane. Everybody at the office today needed to talk to me, so I ran from one meeting to another. I'm exhausted. Glad I got my workout in this morning! It was Muscle Max upper premix. Great workout. However, the premix does not include the abs, which I thought was funny. But I added them on anyway.

It is so fun to see what I can do with upper body workouts after STS. I look at my workout notebook and see where I was using 3s or 5s, and now I'm using 8s. The 10s have gone to 15s. It's awesome! :D

I finish my current rotation this week. I'm planning a more leg-intensive program for the next 4 weeks, but I really want to maintain these upper body gains. For the first time in my life, I can actually see a separate delt muscle. You know--the triangle you can see at the top of all the girls' arms on the videos. I HAVE that! :) OK. Maybe not quite like Jai's, but I can see 3 distinct muscles: delt, bicep, tricep. I had toothpick arms all through highschool--played basketball, so I had amazing legs, but only enough upper body strength to shoot and pass the ball. Now I have great arms.

So . . . how to work on the legs and keep the arms, and still do plenty of cardio . . . that's the next rotation . . . (not asking much, am I?) ;)

TUE

Morning ladies ..

Managed to eat clean all day ystyd (knock on wood) - today so far so good too .. I made me an egg white omelete w/bell pepper - a bit of chckn and cheese .. it was DELISH ... have a grilled chkn wrap for lunch (home made) :D last night did circuit class .. an oldie - circuits of step, UB weight, LB weight ended w/abs .. after that and powerwalk at lunch NO DOMS .. WTH??? how did that happen :confused:

Lori - I am still cracking up about the towels - and now the cop assault ???? LOLOLOL .. sounds like you DID have a BLAST!!!!!

Wendy - sorry you lost - but glad DH won ..it is usually that way .. dont think me and DH have ever won at the same time .. LOL .. but just so ONE person wins!!!!! glad you had a great time .. no worries on the w/o you will make up for it .. I hope you are not getting a cold!!!!!

LauraR - that delt seperation and the lat seperation are two of the prettiest cuts to me .. WTG girlie!!!

Di - well if you have the sneaky DOMS the bootcamp class must have done it's job .. I have a friend in nearby town that just started a bootcamp class .. it is outdoor and indoor .. sounds a LOT like yours .. she says it is kicking her arse ... taught by 19 year old guy .. she is enjoying it ;) :p

OK .. so it is dreary out today - think I am going to run errands .. I have GOT to start back on my heavy gym legs - b/c I can tell my definition is lacking a bit in the hammies and quads .. that cut I can only get w/heavy gym weight!!! tonight is mish mosh class!! :D have a great one!!!

LauraT:: Nice job on the eating! You go girl! I did the exact opposite all weekend including y'day's dinner after we were already home! :eek: Nope-this is not a cold I am dealing with...not sure WTH it is but not a cold. Nothing has come of it. It's just sort of lingering but not getting any worse so hopefully I'll be fine by tmrw morning at the latest! I wanna work out! :mad:

LauraR:: That's some great upper body definition you have there! Congrats!

Lori:: Love 4DSBC. Gonna hafta pull that one out soon! I didn't catch anything when the stomach flu when around my house either so I'm petrified that I will still get it! I had another even MORE petrifying thought though...BEING PG!!!!!!!!:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Diana:: Out of the HiiTs I find myself reaching for 30/30 the most, then DWP and finally 40/20. Is it painfully apparent that I do the easier ones more? :p

Well I made it back to the gym at lunch - heavy legs done!! :D could tell I have not worked in the gym on heavy weights in a while :eek:- did my same weight .. but my legs are gonna be HEAVY tonight in class ... but only bad thing I was doing leg press .. and I got sharp biting pains in my bad knee I had to stop ???? never happened to me before ????? I quit the leg press on the last set .. not sure what was going on .. it is really humid here .. so that may have something to do with it??? going to do my mish mosh class w/low hold and low ends will see how it goes :confused: have a great one!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.