Damage Control July

This morning I did a BR w/o-and it was so hard. I had to stop about 5 minutes early since I had a meeting. Oh my, it was tough though. The girls and I went to the park at lunch. I tried running a bit and will see how my foot and knee feel tomorrow. I'm signed up for 10K on Thanksgiving so I want to start adding a bit of running to my workout schedule. I had the ginger/lemon tonic, 2 smoothies, the stuffed avocado, some almonds and 2 tortillas with cheese. I still have some produce to use to. I'll finish up with the green smoothies and then get back to my normal protein shakes with added greens. I think the cucumber mint is one of my favorite.

Thanks for the Paris link. I would love to see the Louvre, and Eiffel Tower for sure. There is just so much to do. It is a very walkable city. Living like a local for a week or so would be wonderful. We should be fine without knowing any French. We may want to look for an AirBnB too. The most expensive times are Jun/Jul/Aug. How does April sound to you?

April sounds good. I'm glad you want to live like a local. To me that is the best way to experience a culture. I've never used AirBnB, but would be up for it. All the walking would be a good way work out in Paris!

Sounds like you're eating and working out at optimal level! I'm working on finishing everything up in the fridge before we leave on Thursday so it's a lot of salads and smoothies. I did have some cheese and crackers last night.

Today I did the RWH LI HiiT workout #2-it used weights. I liked it a lot better than #1. My SI joint cracked back into place during my stretches which always feels good. We'll see how I hold up. I'm torn between just walking and swimming and trying to build back up to workouts with Cathe for cardio. After RWH I did the ICE chest only workout (4 rounds). I will do back tomorrow and a leg workout Thursday before we go. Riley will get a long walk tomorrow, too.

Off to shower and get ready for work.

Have a good one,

Beth

This morning I did a short BR w/o, all I had time for. The girls and I went to the park at lunch again. I'm incorporating a bit of running while the girls are playing. Mostly just light jogging and working on my toe flexion and pushing off. It is still pretty painful but the range of motion is improving. At some point I will need to start running more in prep for the 10K turkey trot I signed up for. Today I had the cucumber mint smoothie for breakfast and lunch and the stuffed avocado for lunch. I too am trying to finish off the greens, it's not like anyone else is going to eat them. Oy

Glad your SI joint is back in place. Just focus on the things you can do, and not worry about those things cause pain or are prone to cause injury. Cathe has many w/o's to choose, but only you know if specific moves are not good for you. Enjoy your long walk with Riley. I'm off to check out some AirBnB's in Paris. :)

This morning I did BR w/o and took the girls to Target at lunch. This almost 100 degree weather is pretty miserable to do anything outside. Tomorrow I plan on going to my WW meeting so will miss my morning w/o. I've worked out the last 6 days and my plant based eating has been pretty well. I did have a protein shake this morning with 1/2 a frozen banana in it. I've added a bit of dairy back in (cheese) and will probably add eggs tomorrow. I also bought some ground turkey and will be making turkey burgers!

Enjoy your long weekend. Meeting up with long lost family is always fun! Hope you have a wonderful time.

I tweaked my back yesterday and didn't exercise. I took the girls to a kid's n canvas painting class. While they were painting I walked for a bit. This morning I did Fit Split Low Impact and Metabolic disc. This was my first time for this w/o and I thought it was pretty good. I probably could've gone heavier with the weights, but it was still good. Hoping my back is better tomorrow.

Hope you enjoyed your long weekend!

Sorry to hear about your back. Hope it's getting better each day. The weekend was good. Thursday, before we left I did a low impact LIHI Legs (with my own modifications). Friday we workedout at the hotel gym on machines (so boring). Saturday it rained all day at the reunion, so I only got like 3,000 steps. Last night I did the first day of the 3 month STS/LI rotation I'm going to try to follow. It was disc 16, C/S/T. I went a little light on the weights because I'm determined not to get hurt (hopefully). After that I still had some pent up energy from all the sitting and worked on Low Impact Challenge on a 4 inch step. I got most of it now-finally! The last combo is pretty tricky footwork (for me). Today the workout is LI Lower Body Tri-Set. I'll probably add some cardio since my weight is over what I want to maintain.

Weekend was fun. My cousins are spread out all over the place, so it's nice to get together.

Beth

This morning I did a BR w/o and went to the park with the girls. They go home on Sunday. Then I can get back to my normal routine. I am thinking of doing the 21 day cleanse starting on Sunday. We leave on vacation on the 17th, I would end around day 19. Still pretty good though. I've had ground turkey but that's the only meat I've had. I do feel better without red meat for sure. Also, cutting back on the sugar made a huge difference in how I feel. Although, DH did bring the girls and I a peanut butter shake to share last night. Oy. I can say that it was delicious.

I'm glad you had a wonderful time at your family reunion. Do you have a link for the rotation you are following? I do need to add in more weight training. BR has plenty of weights in it, but is for 30 seconds to a minute 20 of work, therefore you have to use lighter than weights than if you were doing 8-15 reps. I'm sort of leaning towards RWH since they are shorter and this would be in addition to my morning circuits.

https://cathe.com/forum/threads/january-2012-double-rotation.287356/ this is the rotation. I'm doing the long one. So far, I've done it the past 4 days. Today is Back and biceps (disc 18). I'm liking it and my joints are liking it!

It's been raining practically non-stop here since Saturday. So no bike rides. I might get to the pool this morning after the weight work just to get out of the house.

Work starts back tonight. I got invited to the wedding of one of the ladies I work with. It's on the weekend that we work, however, and I'm torn between being there for the residents or going to the wedding. DH would definitely not go with me. I don't really want to go, but what do I tell her? What do you think?

Let's not even talk about my diet. Between the family reunion and being home all day I'm way off track. I'm tempted to join you on the cleanse. I have Saturday to prep and shop for whatever I decide. I might just do a whole30-but make it plant-based for meals/snacks instead of meat based. I like all the veggies and smoothies in the SGS plans. We'll see. It's getting somewhat stressful with Aaron looking like he's coming home with the dog next week (still waiting to hear about jobs), DH has eye surgery next Wednesday morning, and I'm tapering off my antidepressnt/nerve pill for before I had my ankle surgery.

Beth

How is your week going? My workout rotation is going well. Yesterday was the step workout from LIS. I did a premix of 2 step combos-blast-two step combos-blast. It was nice because the combos are still a little complicated, but the blast is straight out cardio. So I got some calories burned anyway! I am really loving the total low impact nature of this rotation. My weight has finally stabilized-I think being back to work actually helps with that since I am so busy there! Of course, I have been eating better too since the weekend. Today I'm scheduled to do Afterburn. I might do a premix just to have variety since I know the workout pretty well.

How is you back? I bet you're soaking up every minute with the girls. DH finished the walls of the kitchen and has started the ceiling! He wants to get it finished before his surgery. Thank goodness.

Beth

Yesterday I did my favorite-Imax 3. The time flies with this w/o and I just love it. The girls and I went to the park at lunch too. I've been getting in at least 10K steps everyday. I've been trying to get in a gallon of water but have been a tad short a few of the days. I'm eating mostly plant based foods and having smoothies for breakfast, a salad for lunch and sometimes another salad or veggie dish for dinner. I honestly just plain feel better. Thanks for the link to the rotation. I'm leaning towards RWH for August since I leave on vacation on the 18th. After I get back from vacation I'm thinking of doing a round of STS again. I weighed myself this morning and am down a tad, but am heading to my WW meeting in a moment. My back is finally feeling better, not yet a 100%, but much better. Being active helps, sitting-not so much

I'm glad you are loving this rotation and better yet your joints do too!! Yay, your kitchen will be done soon. I would also practice step routines and rewind and re-do certain combos until I got them. :)

bbl

No workout yesterday, other than walking and taking the girls to the park. This morning I did a kettlebell workout before we went out to breakfast. I had an egg white & veggie omelette. I took the girls to the park today and then this evening they had mani/pedi's. DS has taken them to dinner and then they leave early tomorrow morning. Their flight departs at 6:20. We will all be up early to say goodbye. How is your weekend going?

I got through work Friday and Saturday was a rest day for me. I don't really like to totally veg, so I got my steps in with a long walk. Today is disc 4 of STS. I might take a short(ish) bike ride, too.

Been doing wash and stuff around the house. Are you doing the 21 day reset? I'm doing lots of fruit and veggies, smoothies for breakfast (love having spinach), and sticking to beans and eggs for protein. I am good if I don't bake anything! I did find a recipe for a vegetarian meatloaf that uses chickpeas and black beans, oatmeal, spices, and onion with a bar-b-q topping. If it ever cools off here I'm going to try it. I did preorder the new cookbook by the SGS author. Should be out in Sept. I think.

Sounds like the girls had a great visit. You've built lots of good memories for them. Plus with all the face time and chats you still get to see them often.

Beth

We were up at 3am to get the girls up and ready. They left for the airport at 4am and we went back to bed. They are home now and we will see the again around Christmas. I've been busy washing bedding and towels this morning. This morning I did a 75 min BR w/o and this afternoon we are heading to a wedding reception. I don't plan on staying too long, I'm pretty tired. I'm just going to try to stay plant based for this week, just didn't have time to shop and prep. I also pre-ordered the new cookbook. I'm going to do RWH for weights until we leave for vacation. When we get back, then I will take a look at doing STS.

Nice job getting your steps in. If nothing else, I try to get my steps in.

bbl

I ended up making the meatless meatloaf yesterday. It is ok, but I don't think I'll make it again. It's kind of dry. How was the wedding reception? RWH sounds fantastic. They get a lot accomplished.

With DH's surgery on Wednesday I'm adjusting the rotation a bit. So yesterday was STS, today was Afterburn, and tomorrow will be STS disc 2. Wed. after we get home I plugged in the Turbo Barre lower body express since I think I'll be tired and wanted something fairly easy. I must have more of the muscle fibers that respond to endurance exercises because I am really feeling my chest, shoulders, and biceps after yesterday's workout!

Beth

Yesterday I did a 75 min BR w/o in the morning and then I did a BR Leg weight w/o at lunch. Omg, the leg w/o was so hard. My legs are so sore this morning. I haven't decided what I will do today. I'm back to eating plant based and feel so much better. I had some cookies on the weekend, although they tasted good I didn't really feel very good after eating them. DH gave his notice yesterday, his last day is August 14th. I'm a little nervous, but know we will be okay for a few months. We are working on his To Do list for while he is off.

Great job with STS. I always have DOMs after those w/o's. I think using the heavier weights and more reps really get the muscles good. I hope Dan has a successful surgery and speedy recovery.

I think the plant based diets change your palate. Having an apple for a snack just feels so much better now then having something processed. I see you're back to two tough workouts a day-damage control at its best.

I am kind of dreading today's workout-back and biceps disc 2. It just seems like the endurance ones go on forever. Your DH is so lucky to be done!

Beth

I did fit split mixed cardio for the first time and did like it. My body is sore from the tough workouts yesterday so a short cardio fit the bill nicely. However, I wanted to do the bonus abs but don't see that on this disc. I looked at all the premixes and none of them had the ab bonus. I am a bit irritated. I may do a RWH UB workout at lunch. I don't plan on doing double workouts everyday, but 2 or 3 times per week would be fine. I would rather w/o at lunch and walk when it is cooler in the evenings.

Honestly, I think you have to have the right mindset for STS. All the w/o's are similar and it can get a little boring. Once you start seeing the results it's easy to stick with it.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.