Damage Control July!!!

Beth-B-Fit

Cathlete
Happy July, ladies,

It sounds like we're all dealing with some health issues. Hope you both get to feeling better soon. My dizziness only occurred that one day.

LL, so happy for B! Those moments are priceless. You got some great workouts in before you got sick anyway.

Diana, I really feel it when I do endurance workouts for legs these days. So subbing any of those lower body workouts will challenge your legs differently!

Thursday I did Rockout Knockout and Friday I did Intensity Premix of step and high hiit. Didn't sleep real well last night and it's really humid here. I may go to the pool in a bit and just do my water routine and the hot tub. It will be nice to shower there, too; since it's air conditioned!

Diana, I've toyed around with the IF. I like the one where you eat only during a given window of time, but eat what you want (as healthy as possible, of course!). Restricting myself to 500 cal./day makes it feel like I can't eat and then I binge. That's one reason I liked whole30-it's more about eating whole foods and you don't really have to limit, just stay away from the sugar foods. Are you guys going to the woods again this summer? We're planning on some day trips on my days off but my Cathe trip is my big vacation this year!

Beth

Hi Ladies, so happy it's the weekend!! Today I did BR RTC day 4 and STS Disc 18-B&B. I'll probably just putz around the house start. I need to go through the girls room and figure what I can take with me to my sons house. I have 2 baskets of their hair stuff-ties, ribbons, bows, etc. I'll probably pack tomorrow even though we aren't leaving until Tuesday. My niece and her boyfriend just had a house built and they closed yesterday. I'll probably head over tomorrow to see if they need any help.

Beth-wow, you got some good workouts in!!! I'm definitely look forward to the Cathe trip too. I'm not eating terrible, but there is always room for improvement.

LL-nice job with your w/o's!!! What a great game that must've been and I'm sure little B is super proud! Goodness, I hope you feel better soon.

bbl

Still under the weather today. Not sure if I will workout or not. Weights is probably fine, but cardio would just throw me into a coughing fit I'm sure. My summer vacations are not falling in line with the STS active rest weeks at all. Oh, well. DS2 and I are going to pick out flooring today. This will help us with getting a true estimate.

Our neighbor came over this morning and said he heard gurgling water on the side of our house. DH went to check and our sprinkler box was full to brim with water and the pea gravel they used to fill in wear they jack hammered out the cement was wet as well. DH siphoned out all the water while I called the sprinkler guys. We do not need this as we will be on vacation. It is supposed to be in the mid 90's all week and our grass was just starting to come back. I'm so mad that we are having to deal with this after paying just over 2 grand to have this fixed.

Hope you all are having a much better day than me.

bbl

Diana, you sure are having a lot of house issues lately. I'm extending my sympathies! Sometimes I feel like we're just waiting until the next thing goes or needs fixed (looking at my 28 year old refrigerator!)

I'm getting a cough, too. Nothing tastes right and I feel like I'm fighting a cold. Saturday I ended up just doing cardio machines for 40 minutes-20 elliptical, 20 treadmill. Sunday I did the pool for 30 minutes. I probably shouldn't do anything until I feel better, but it's hard to do nothing! I always get sick on vacations because I let down from revving up for work. Grrr. I had grand plans of doing Slow and Heavy every other day, but do not have the energy. I have been sleeping really well though!

What kind of flooring did you pick? Where are you putting it?

Beth

This morning I did BR RTC Day 5-abs, and at lunch I did STS Disc 16-CST. I am working today but it is so slow since so many folks are off. I finished packing and doing laundry. The flooring store wasn't open on Sunday. We are planning on replacing all the flooring in the house (except the bathrooms since they've been done already) with a solid surface (laminate, hardwood, engineered wood) except for the 3 bedrooms. The bedroom on the main floor will be solid surface. It's all part of updating our 90's house. I don't plan on anything getting started until late summer/early fall, by the time we pick everything out and get it scheduled and figure out the financing. The kitchen gal said we would be without the kitchen for approximately 3 weeks. They don't even fabricate the counters until the cabinets are in.

Beth-nice job on the machines! Do you swim laps for 30 minutes? I'm so envious if you do. Listen to your body and rest. Do you have any time off this week? Not sure if I will be able to post for the rest of week. I will playing at the beach with my granddaughters. They love to do circuits. I have them write up the list of exercises we are going to do and let them decide if we are doing reps or for time. Last time we did this they had cartwheels in the mix. I'm not sure I should be doing cartwheels at my age.

Waving Hi to LL.

Wishing you all a fabulous Holiday!!

bbl

Hello!

I've been doing the workouts I feel like doing this week. Breathless Body, PRS 2, and just walking for me. I go back to work today so I'll be able to get more steps in.

Hope you're having a great time with your grand daughters, Diana!

LL, what are you up to this week? Are you doing the July rotation?

Beth

We are home now. I had so much fun visiting with my son and girls. We went to the beach one day and also to Sea World. I'm sad that I missed is SO and her darling daughter. Their flight from London arrived after we left. I'll probably go back for a long weekend so I can see both of them. One of the gals I work with lives in LA and she made the 2 hour drive to meet me in person and take me to breakfast. How cool is that? :)

No workouts were had, but I did a lot of walking and got in my steps on all but one day. It's back to reality today. Not sure what my workout will be, thinking the next BR w/o and STS w/o.

bbl

Yesterday was a BR w/o, and today was a BR w/o in the morning and STS disc 18 tonight. I'm officially half way through STS! I find I'm much stronger when doing the longer rotation. I still need to get rid of these few pounds, it's so annoying. No alcohol for the last 2 weeks and no chocolate for the last week. I just wish the darn scale would budge. It sort of goes up and down the same couple pounds, the losses just don't stay.

bbl

Hello!

We went to Sunday was a 12 hour shift, Monday I did all the social events in my calendar on one day-library meeting, lunch + bridge, and book club at night. I was small talked out. Then yesterday we went to see DS2 and the dog (my grand dog apparently) at PSU. She'll be staying with us when he goes on vacation and needed some shots. I've been tired since the 12 hours and am renewing my vow of not working that many hours straight again! It's hard when you're in the moment and staffing is so poor that you just agree.

Workouts have been ok. Monday I did 2 sections of X10-low impact and fat burning. Tuesday was just a walk after we got home. The x10 workout only gave me 29 active minutes on my fit bit-guess I need to do 3 sections! I'm doing what I can for upper body and changing push ups to mt. climbers or punch fronts in plank position. So at least my shoulder doesn't hurt anymore. My hip hurts with impact. Today is the first day I've gotten up and it's felt good (didn't do impact yesterday). So, I might be doing less impact overall now. It's just not worth the pain.

Diane, you are probably building some good muscle and that may be why the scale isn't budging. I'm happy for you that you are strong enough to do STS!

Off to workout now myself!

Beth

Wow Beth, that sure sounds like a very busy day. Hey, you got a lot accomplished! I don't know how you manage being on your feet for 12 hours. You are a saint. I totally understand how hard it must be to say no when being put on the spot. I find X10 quite challenging myself. Just do what you can and modify. I do it all the time and don't think anything of it. My big toe joint has lost most of its flexibility. I usually just do side lunges now. I really need to have it checked out and see if something can be done. 3 bunionectomies and having hardware in there isn't helping. There is probably arthritis in the joint too. What fun, hope you enjoy your time with the grand dog!

Yesterday was BR w/o in the morning and the next sts disc-CST in the evening, starting week 3 of meso 2. No workout to report for today. I had an ortho appointment this morning and then ran to my SIL's at lunch. One of the girls asked me to look for a ring in their room. I didn't really think I would find it, but I did. My SIL and BIL are going to visit my son this weekend so I took the ring and couple other small items to my SIL to take with her. I'm going to ask the girls mom if they can come to Colorado for their week off over Thanksgiving. I have call with the Isogenix rep Wendy put me in touch with tomorrow. We'll see how it goes.

bbl

Back to report that BR RTC Day 12 was my only workout today. I was hoping to get in the next STS disc but the day got away from me. It's not always feasible to get 2 workouts in and honestly I don't think it it's necessary. Also, I sprung for the Isagenix program so will probably be starting that end of next week or so once my shipment arrives. I'll let you know how it goes.

Hi Diana,

People can be so nasty. A stray cat has been around work for a few days and was a real sweetie. DH and I talked and decided to adopt her so he brought the carrier up on Wed. night. We took her home. We ended up having to foster her with someone since she can't get into the vet until next Sat. Well, on facebook someone messaged me that they went to work one night (Thurs.?) to pick up the cat they had claimed and found out I took her home. No one had told me about this girl wanting to take the cat. So I got a real nasty pm from her. This morning, someone called and the cat belongs to a family (whom I actually know) so I'm working on getting the cat back to them. Why can't people just be happy that the cat was going to have a good home? Why be mean about it? It makes me sad.

Otherwise, things here are good. My hip is good doing weights, Low Impact, and ICE. I'll be sticking to them for a while and throw in some biking and pool. My shoulder is good if I don't do pressing exercises. DH surprised me with a great piece of luggage for the trip in Oct.! I can't wait!

You have been getting great workouts in and missing a double one day is no big deal! Are you getting the braces off soon? I hope the girls can come for Thanksgiving.

Beth

Today was a 75 min BR w/o! I was sweating buckets. The last 15 minutes were abs, 50 sec work/10 sec rest. DS2 and I went to pick out the flooring so we can get our generic estimate updated. I liked the laminate I picked out in the store, but when I looked at it online when I got home-I don't really like it. I also picked out a slate stacked stone for the fireplace. I may have to revisit the flooring again. The sample I chose was more solid color, online in the room size view it had a lot of color variation and knot holes. I didn't find any quartz counter tops that I absolutely loved, so I'll look elsewhere. The sample looks solid color but the room view has lots of variation in it.
https://shawfloors.com/flooring/laminate/details/riverview-hickory-sl367/alamo-hickory

So glad you hip and shoulder are finally feeling good. That's awful about the cat. Glad you know the family and will get the cat back to their family. I still need to book my airfare. It's so expensive. If I go to Daytona, the cost with baggage is over $600. If I go to Orlando, I have to take a shuttle from Orlando to Daytona. I was hoping to use my free frontier ticket, they only have a midnight flight available right now. I definitely have this on my to do list for this week. No news on when the braces are coming off. I'm really close though. There are just a couple spaces, not really spaces, but the floss is very loose between a couple teeth. I'm going every 3 weeks now so hopefully these small spaces will come together. Otherwise, the downside is the teeth could separate there when the braces come off.

bbl

Just found the thread! I'm still coughing a lot, some of my boys have gotten it, but only as colds, I got bronchitis! In the mend though. Cdawg is still in the middle of it. Recurring fever. Hopefully will get to the doc tomorrow. I don't think I'll ever stop drinking my Ningxia Red and thieves ever again. Matter the season!

This week I started back with heavy weight training.

July 3
M- turbo barre, half
T- RWH abs mixed in, no blasts
W-can't remember [emoji15]
Th- Xtrain Legs premix chair and ball
F-M no wokrouts, anniversary Monday 7/10, 18 years, picnic at Marsh Creek, but is more like a small lake
T-Slide and Glide premix cardio and stretch
W-LIS Total Body Trisets, Lower body
Th- LIS Low Impact Challege, but power went out 15 into my workout!
F-SAS Total Body Giant Sets plus abs
S- ICE Metabolic Total Body
Today off

I'm thinking about pyramid upper and lower tomorrow. Is the bonus combo on there both upper and lower body? Maybe only going up or down, because it's just under an hour. I'm going to search the forums...

Hope you are doing well!

Yesterday we spent the day getting furniture from my ada as he and my stepmom are moving to CA in 2 weeks[emoji27][emoji27][emoji27] so Hubby and I were moving a lot of stuff around and more to do tomorrow. Trying to get rid of stuff too. As 3 sets of parents start downsizing, we will be getting a lot of stuff!

Off to bed!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Diana, that picture is lovely! Our floors are pine and are in dire need of sanding and refinishing. But that project is on the way back burner!

Cat update: the cat we rescued is not the same cat that this family lost-theirs was 11 years old and declawed-ours is 6 months old-in heat and has claws. We're back on to adopting her. The girl at work texted me that if we decided we didn't want to keep her that she would take her. I'm glad she said that. I hate conflict especially at work (it's hard enough just making sure everyone there gets what they need without drama among coworkers).

Sat. I walked on the treadmill and did some incline. I did it until my back/hip area started to hurt a little which is what the therapist advised. No lingering aches so I'm building it up. Sun. I did ICE chiseled upper body. I modified the pushups just a bit and felt great.

LL, congrats on your anniversary! Why is your dad moving so far away? I think the combo of the pyramids is pyramid up only and it mixes up the order. It's a nice total body workout.

Beth

So did you all see Cathe is filming new workouts. https://cathe.com/pre-order-cathes-new-fit-split-workouts I think I will be pre-ordering.

I'm struggling getting back into STS after my vacation. I finally did disc 20-legs last night and a BR w/o in the morning. If my work schedule allows, I'll do a BR w/o this morning and the next STS disc at lunch. My niece and her SO built a new house and just moved in. DS2 and I went to see it on Sunday. It's beautiful and really makes me want to move even more. It's a 2 story with 4 bedrooms and 3 1/2 baths, 3 car garage. I caved on the Isagenix and my products should arrive today or tomorrow. Then I will start my 30 day journey. I have to get DH to take my before pics too.

Beth-nice job on the treadmill and with UB! It's so hard coming back from injury. Good luck with the new cat. I booked my flight yesterday and will email the itinerary to you. I wish we could afford real wood, but the laminate will work better for our budget and get rid of the 20+ year old carpet.

LL-I bet you are having a super busy summer with the boys. You are getting some awesome workouts in! Congratulations on your anniversary. Do you have room for all the stuff you are getting from your parents downsizing? I've been purging so much, yet I still have lots of my kids stuff and DH really needs to clean out the garage too. I think we could sell some things and make a bit of money.

bbl

Hi. I saw the new series, too. I am not sure yet about ordering, but it is such a good buy. Did CCC today-used the medicine ball for the push up exercises. It's getting easier to modify so I may try some of my other workouts to see how it goes.

Diana, it'll be interesting to see how the new supplement program works for you. Keep me posted!

We just had the windshield fixed (Safelite). The commercial always shows them coming to you so when we made the appt. I thought they were coming here! Well they called to see why we weren't at their shop. They came here anyway, but it was kind of funny.

Off to shower and get dressed for work. State inspectors are there-always a good time.

Beth

Beth, my brothers are in northern CA and they are moving to southern CA 6 hr drive. Makes me sad.

I ended up doing PLB up only 40 min premix and tried to do the PUB up only premix but only got 20 out of the 40 min completed. Which leaves me in a pickle: so I didn't get to bis tris and Core. My plan has been this week to do total body heavy wts MWF and HiiT type cardio TTh and some type of metabolic/boot camp in Saturday with lighter wts. So i could skip those three body parts and just do AOLIH or CF less impact premix today and keep with my original idea but then I will miss on one day this week of those body parts. I'm sitting on my basement sofa with my En R G diffusing trying to figure out what to do!!! It doesn't help that all I've eaten today is 4 chicken sausages and a few bites of banana chocolate chip muffin that I made for the boys. So my stomach is growling and I'm tired in a slump!!![emoji849][emoji15] or I could finish yesterday's workout and tack on a tabata or other HiiT. But then what to do tomorrow??? Boot camp with lighter wts? Then heavy wts ThS and HiiT F?

Diana-I am thinking about the new workouts so excited!! But I need to decide if I'm going to get them or Cathe On Demand, which would require spending other money to make my tube tv work with some type of converter or get a new tv upstairs and bring the old flat screen down here.... we have these two weeks kind off before Adventure Camp (overnight church camp first week in August) and I drive down to NC to Lake Norman with 2 boys and maybe Hubby, depending on work. So this week is kinda down time. Nothing but a doc visit yesterday CDawg is still sick and not leaving the house today. Just working on setting up non toxin living with Young Living essential oils and selling stuff on our FB yard sale site. So no I don't have room for everything! I have 4 China cabinets and trying to sell 2 they are almost all cleaned out. I have everything I'm selling/giving/trashing on my dining room table waiting for me to do something with them. I put 3 items up for sale today. I hope they go soon. I want them out! I need to purge too as I have 3 sets of parents who are looking to downsize in the next few years...I hear you with getting back into exercise after vacation or being off for any reason! I'm procrastinating as I type!!

Beth- Sorry you're haveing hip pain!! I am having trouble with push ups. I took a break from them and am doing 15# dumbbell chest presses instead. But doing a few on my knees.

If to do some DVD. Still not sure! Maybe I should eat something? But I fear I'll get distracted and not come back down!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This morning I did a BR w/o and got in STS CST at lunch. I was hoping my Isagenix stuff would have arrived today. Guessing they will probably come tomorrow. Tonight I had 1/2 baked sweet potato and some roasted brussel sprouts & tomatoes with basil pesto. I had the basil pesto in the freezer from the last 21 day vegan challenge. I also made 3 servings of the chia pudding. My meal plan will be the Isagenix for 2 meals, and 2 snacks (or make my own approved snacks) and 1 homemade meal of a protein and vegetable for the 3rd meal. The first 2 weeks are 5 shake/meal days and 2 cleanse days(fasting/low calorie) days.

LL-sometimes you just have to let it go and move. It's not the end of the world if you missed a few body parts. Just let it go and pick up where you left off. Alternatively, you could do your own push/pull w/o for biceps and triceps. See below. I've opted not to get Cathe On demand at this time. I have all the dvd's and don't want the additional monthly expense at this time. I do pay $9.99 for sweatflix (bodyrock), it's reasonable and I use my chromecast to play the workouts in my workout room on the big tv.
Round 1-barbell curls, tricep bench press, abs
Round 2-hammer curl, overhead tricep extensions, abs
Round 3-standard curl w/ rotation, dips, abs
Round 4-preacher curl, lying triceps extensions, abs
Round 5-reverse curls, tricep cross body extensions, abs

Beth-Glad you were able to get your windshield replaced. That is a funny story. :) DS2 needs his replaced, but that expense is up to him. Oh, not sure if I mentioned that he had lost another job. UGH. He was without work for about 2 weeks but just started another job this week.

Oh, a packaged was just delivered. I'm sure it's my Isagenix.

bbl

Nice to have your meals planned for a few weeks, Diana. Glad your box arrived and you can get started!

LL, I agree with Diana. Bi's and Tri's are smaller muscles and get worked when you do chest, back and shoulders so missing them shouldn't hurt too much.

Our old cat, Cleo, just gave us a present of a baby mice in the living room. DH went to pick it up and it was still alive! He got it and put it outside. We didn't even think she knew how to hunt since she's always been indoors. Does she suspect another kitty coming? It's the first time we ever got a "present" from her. (Am I going becoming one of those older crazy cat ladies who talks about her cats all the time? I'll try to refrain, but with my kids grown....) We pick up the new one Friday at 3 and take her to the vet Sat. at 11 to get checked out. I want to name her Rainie after the lady that's been fostering her (named Lorraine). Still trying to talk DH into it. I'll probably keep you updated!

On the home front, part of the new front door fell off and the toilet upstairs now needs fixed!

Workout wise I basically took yesterday off-just walked. Today I'm up for a lower body cardio and weight workout.

Beth

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.