Damage Control July Month :)

gidget1978

Cathlete
Good Morning:)

Lucky I remembered to start a new thread. I guess you could say I made it through June month:). My mom is the optimistic one and always says we are one day closer....I know this is true but I can't wait for us to be at the half way point!

Yesterday's workout was 4DS shoulders and bics, B&G abs and 5 miles on the TM. I was thinking about doing tris as well but DS was patiently waiting to go to the park and as soon as I stopped the baby woke up anyway so it was good timing. My plan was to run outside today b/c my fil was going to take DS but it looks like it might rain again:mad:. We will have to wait and see. If it does I may do cyclemax.

We went to the park yesterday around 4 and came home around 9. We had a pretty good afternoon and the day flew. But we also had a terrible thunder and lightening storm which kept us inside the camper for a while. We are gong back today for Canada day festivities.

I have been checking out flights to go visit DH and I tell ya...they aren't cheap. Not only that, I really not looking forward to taking the kids across the country for 4 days and then back again so last night I had the bright idea to meet DH in toronto. At first I didn't think it would work and it would cut into our time together b/c I don't think he can fly out until Saturday morning ( Regina isnt the most convienent place to get out of). And then what if something happens that his flight is delayed.....anyway, now that it's morning I kind of think it's a good idea for a few reasons but I need to talk to him first and then book it. Actually I wish I could fly out earlier and spend some time with a friend of mine but the airline I am picking only flys on tues and fri...it's my cheapest route.

I am going to check yesterday's thread and then I will return.

Lori:)

Wendy** so what did you think of the workout? Was it a toughie? I still haven't ordered them. I was looking at just buying the downloads but i think I would like to have a actual DVD and not just a download. If I downloaded it chances are it would never end up burned unto a disc.

Diana** lol...I'm thinking you aren't the only one who ordered the DVDs and the download although yesterday when I was looking at it I was thinking " why would someone order both" :p. That's terrible about the fire! Is it getting any better?

I may bbl. I'm not going anywhere until after lunch. The baby slept through the night but woke at 6:30 :confused:. I know....never happy!

Good Morning Ladies. :)

I ended up choosing Baron Baptiste's Journey into Power 2 yoga work out y'day and it fit the bill nicely.

I woke up with some DOMS this morning but nothing crazy.

After Church this morning we are going to the gym. I'll be doing cardio and abs and then hopefully I'll have time for some yoga when I get home.

So I checked out the BR website this morning and found this doozy that they just posted. :eek: I think it's a bit insane on one hand but on the other...you know I gotta try it! ;) LOL I just don't know which rep option to choose or if I should use my gymboss intead. Check it out and let me know what you think. Anyone wanna do it with me? :D Gonna try to fit it in this week!

Ok, my time's up...gotta get ready to go but I'll be back at some point today! :cool:

Hi Ladies,

I'm supposed to ride 12-15 miles this morning, but my gf hasn't texted me yet to let me know she's on her way. Hopefully I'll hear from her soon or I will head out on my own.

My new DVD's arrived yesterday and I watched mayber about half of crossfire on my laptop. It's gonna be a goodie for sure! These new w/o's will be perfect since I'm going back to circuits for the duration of my tri training.

It looks like firefighters are finally making some headway on the fire south of me. The residents of the burned neighborhoods are getting a tour of the area today.

Wendy-you've got yourself a date for the 7/1 BR w/o!! I'm thinking the 4th is best for me. Let me know when you plan on doing it. I didn't preview the whole thing, but don't have to since it's in real time.:p I'll probably just follow Lisa's reps and run through it twice.

Lori-Hope you get the visit with DH that your looking forward to. Trust me, it's so much easier when the kids are older. :) Most of the firework shows for the 4th of July have been cancelled, but not in my city. It's at a huge park about a mile from my house, and they run buses to and from the park from the high school. They have tons of festivities, live bands, face painting...etc. Pretty much something for everyone. My thinking on the downloads & dvds....it's easier to just take my laptop with my downloads on it and not have to bring the discs. When I'm home, I use the DVD's on my tv instead.

Laura-saw more pics on FB, looks like a successful excursion!

My gf just texted....better get myself ready! bbl

Ok, I'm back from the gym and had a change of work out plans...ended up doing 1 exercise per upper body part with DH and then a 15 run via ITri #8 and all 3 ab machines I usually do. Not sure yoga will be happening either just b/c of the time I already spent working out plus there's still lunch to eat, etc and I don't want to spend my whole day exercising when both DH and DS are home.

Ok, off to the showers...bbl for personals!:cool: (Yeah I know I said that before! :rolleyes: Sorry! :p)

Good Morning:)

We kept busy again yesterday. It was after 8 before I got home and by the time the kids were bathed,fed and in the bed it was time for me to get in the bed too. The time difference between DH and I suck cause when he is ready to talk I am either getting the kids in bed OR I am super tired and fighting to stay awake, like last night. I wanted to start getting to bed earlier so I could get up earlier and get my workouts in before the girls came in the mornings but it's hard to do that when I am waiting to talk to DH. DS starts soccer this week so getting my workout in early would be optimal but not the end of the world.

Wendy** your such a good girl going ton church:). My mom would love you:D.

Diana** I think I am going to order the new workouts very shortly. I thought I ordered some stuff the other day, put my cc number in, closed the order but never did receive a email and my cc was never charged. So I find that odd. I'm guessing Im not getting any new underwear! Lol

I will bbl to report my workout. It's a beauty of a day again and I would like to get out for a run before it gets to warm but I don't know if I can pull that off. Maybe my inlaws will magically appear!

Good Morning.

Well as predicted yoga didn't happen y'day but what's worse is that I barely even stretched. Bad girl! :eek::eek::eek:

Today's plan is a small portion of either Cross Fire or To The Max and a full yoga work out of choice...:)

Lori:: The firewalker tabata in Cross Fire wasn't easy but not as hard as I had expected it to be. I kinda expected it to be IMPOSSIBLE to do with the blue band but I did it so obviously I was wrong!:p I have a few of Cathe's work outs downloaded and will not purchase any more because I honestly don't even use them. I thought it would be a great option to travel with but now I have so many other options that I really don't need it and the options of what work outs I can do are limited anyway since I don't want/cant pack bulky/heavy equipment. I also tried the WOB to make my own mixes of work outs to be used at home but IMO it's not what it's cracked up to be and I just can't be bothered. Give me DVDs or give me death. LOL

Diana:: July 4th should be fine for me to do the 7/1 BR!:D So did your GF ever materialize for the bike ride? How was the air quality? Glad to hear atleast one of the fires is a bit more under control. So when will you give one of the new dvds a try?

Good Morning Ladies,

Is it Monday already??? I'm going to give Cross Fire a go this morning. I previewed some of it, definitely looks like a sweatfest.

There are six weeks until the triathlon and I'm kicking my training into gear! Yesterday was a 15 mile bike ride, tomorrow a.m. is 30 minutes of swimming, perhaps a brick on Wed (bike/run), and Thursday is my first open water swim. At tad bit nervous about that. I'll be missing a full week of training due to vacation.

Lori-where is DH's training? Rylan will love soccer, who doesn't love kicking a ball and running around a field! We are still having triple digit heat here and that's too hot for me to run in. I love getting new underwear....Victorias Secret was my friend after all my pregnancies. It was so nice to have new under things and get rid of all the stretched out and miss-shappen stuff. Better get that cc out and place your order!

Wendy-Yep, my gf arrived and we went for a fairly leisurely 15 mile ride. There are some hills on this route but we didn't push it too much. Have you tried any of the real time BR/Zwow's? I usually previewed, wrote down the w/o and then used my timer downstairs. Since everyone works at their own pace, it might be annoying to be "off" from the instructor. Shaun T. and Chalene both do similar exercises with the firewalker band. You are the queen of buying/selling, can you recommend a site where I can sell my w/o dvds I no longer use. The last time I ended up finding someone on the Cathe site and used email from there. I don't think S&M want us using their site for this purpose.

Laura-are you back from fishing???

bbl

MON - DBL UG!

Well I am here .. TIRED .. but here! We had an awesome trip - awesome fishing - awesome seas - awesome people! :D :cool::cool: but getting up at 5 - fishing all day in the hot sun - drinking CABS - and pulling up fish and getting in - cleaning up things - getting ready then going out to eat .. wow .. just a draining thing - but FUN none the least!!! Had an awesome time - but DH had to show his @$$ last night and RUINED it - I dont think I have been that mad at him in YEARS!!!! :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: and I am STILL pi$$ed off!!!

I am jealous ya'll have the new workouts .... :mad::mad: .... my shipping notice says mine shoudl be here today .. hope I have enough energy to do them!

Wendy - have you done the whole crossfire - or just premix?? It looked soooo hard!!!!

Di - so sad about the fires - are you still ok where you are?

Lori - yes you made it thru JUNE - mabe it will be soon and you can see your DH .. you can have mine at this point :p ...can only imagine the prices of airfair .. but dang the gas prices are down .. seems the airlines should lower their prices accordingly!!!!

Our temps - running outdoors is OUT - temps have been 100- 104 with HEAVY humidity - the air is heavy and hard to breath in .. ugh!

OK .. better run - hoping to get my DVDs in today .. maybe me and SIL meet and try one out!! HOPE I SURVIVE!!! ok ..have a great one!

Hello again.

My work out is done. I ended up doing the warm up, low impact tabata, fitness blast and stretch from Crossfire which was just under 30 mins long and then I did 40 minutes of mix n match segments from the Kundalini Yoga Bliss Hips DVD. I originally intended to do it in full but my cardio ran longer then intended and with DS being home today I felt bad working out for TOO long so I shorted up the yoga to get done a bit quicker...

Diana:: No I haven't tried to do any of the BR's in "real time" yet. If the exercises are not overly complicated I will probably continue to do the work outs the old fashioned way (writing it down and doing it on my own). The work out we are doing on wednesday is alot to write down though so maybe I'll print it out instead and then I can make form notes on my own. I've used only Ebay and Amazon to sell my work out dvds. Amazon is easier but you stand to get more $ on Ebay so you have to decide which is more important to you. I still need to do that myself...Let us know how the open water swim goes! :)

Laura:: Nope, haven't done CF in full yet and probably won't for a while...just doing bits and pieces for now. :) Glad you had a blast fishing but sorry DH made you so mad. :( Hey, how are your eyes btw??

Ok, I gotta scram...promised DS I'd take him bowling today. He is getting antsy to leave and I haven't even showered yet!:eek:

BBL!:cool:

Hi Ladies,

Back to report I completed CF as produced! Loved it.:D Can't wait to here what all of you think of it. I hope to fit in To The Max sometime this week, but it may have to wait for the weekend since my week is already planned out.

Laura-sorry to hear DH pissed you off, it happens sometimes. Hopefully things will smooth over shortly.

Wendy-I may give amazon a try, not a big fan of ebay....although I buy crap from there I've never tried selling anything. I think there may be a dvd swap or something like that on videofitness...I'll have to look into that.

bbl

Hi Girls

I didn't get out for a run because it's just to warm....I did do GS back,shoul,bics and BM2 abs. I have my inlaws lined up to watch the boys while I go for a run tonight.

Wendy** I tried to do some yoga this morning but 5 mins in I called it quits! Lol I feel the same way when DS is home and I'm working out. I may even entertain the thought of separating weights and cardio and doing one in the morning and one in the evening.

Diana** DH is in Regina. Miles and miles away. I was thinking about taking DS with me but I may leave him home. I will feel guilty for leaving him behind but I will also feel guilty for putting another $1500 on my cc if I take him. Lol...I loved your thoughts on the new undies! That's it exactly! Everything is stretched to pieces! I remember when I was pregnant with rylan I use to wear these capris with a elastic waist and I was so impressed that they still fit me. Well the following summer we had an outdoor wedding to go to and I figured I'd wear them....that's when I realized I had them stretched to pieces! Maybe they didn't fit me as well as I thought! Lol

Laura** DH hung a nasty ole moon? Is that why your mad? Lol. Sounds like you had a busy weekend! But enjoyable jt the same.

I ordered the new workouts this morning! Looking forward to getting them.

Bbl

yayayaya - i think

I got the new workouts .. woot woot! :D i think :confused:

Di - so you liked it .. was it harder than AB? it looked harder and with no rest .... me and SIL are gonna try it tonight .. IF DH is not being and @$$0 ...

Lori - ya .. FULL MOON is right - :mad: we rarely fight - just too old for that - and know each other too well - but I think that is why his "attitude and mouth" pissed me off so bad .. b/c I KNOW HIM ALL TOO WELL :mad::mad::mad:

Wendy - my eyes are better - thanks for asking - I am still on drops - and still trying to limit contact wear .. but they are better an no damage to report that I know of!! :)

OK .. better get back to the asylum - FIRST of the month AND a holiday - we have a temp employee and a new employee they are on the window - but still so much they cant do so i am still really busy!!!

have a great one!

Good Morning :)

Last night I got my run in with my running partner. We went for almost 40 mins. My parents were here for a few hours and I had a little nap while they were here but it was almost to long. Sometimes a little 15 min snooze is all I need but I napped for almost an hour and when I woke up I felt worse then I did before! Of course later in the evening I felt better.

So...I'm all over the place with visiting DH. At first my plan was to go and take both boys. The price isn't to impressive, about $2500 and traveling with two small kids doesn't seem to be to appealing either. Then I had the bright idea to meet DH in Toronto....I could get there for cheaper and not have to change planes. But DHs ticket was about $800 and ours $1500. So....still not saving any money. So yesterday I figured I should just go to where he is with the baby. I feel bad for leaving DS home but I don't think he will really notice because there will be a lot of things going on here that weekend so he will be kept busy. It's about $1200 for me to fly to where he is. A lot cheaper then everyone having to fly.

I am going to head to the basement soon to get my workout in before soccer. I am thinking of cardio now and GS chest and tris. I also need to go to the grocery store later cause I'm all out of Greek yogurt. I usually have a shake everyday for my lunch and now I'm lost today!

Laura** when are you gonna try your new workouts? I don't know when mine will arrive. Maybe next week...depends on how long they sit in customs as well. And your holiday will throw a monkey wrench in it to:eek: Did you make up with DH yet? Lol. Needless to say we haven't been arguing here...lol...only with DD , we could argue all day long!

I will bbl!

Morning Ladies,

Quick post for me. I'm meeting a friend at an outdoor pool this morning. Now that I'm up...I'm okay. We'll have to see if I can commit to this early morning swim. I'd rather swim at the rec ctr since it's closer, but this other one is free.

DOM's especially in the legs & glutes..from CF and those firewalker tabatas. I could really feel my legs in bootcamp last night, hills, burpees, obstacle course etc.

bbl for personals.

TUE - insanity at the asylum but tmrw is holiday .. woot woot

Hello Ladies ..

it is crazy insane in here - and I have to fight the grocery store at lunch! :confused: I need a prozac before I attempt that :confused: jk

SIL and I did Crossfire last night - :eek: - OMG what a FUN FUN FUN workout - that was sooooooooo much fun ... it moves quick and the music is AWESOME!!! it wasnt near as hard as AB to me tho - but it was FUNNER!! and I did sweat like a madman!! guess b/c I am used to interval plyo training .. it wasnt as hard as I was thinking it was going to be .. a LOT of those moves I did in my classes - now the BLUE BANDS :eek: :confused: holy crapola those things were soooo hard - I could barely move them .. LOL .. DOMS: BUTT - arms - and core/back!

Di - did you think CF was easier than AB??? just wondering .. I think CF will be my NEW FAV GO TO workout!

Lori - NOPE have not made up yet- I am still pretty ticked .. but he is on nights so there is no point in discussing anything emotional w/him now! Cf was AWESOME workout .. now I am thinking the To The Max is going to be KILLER ... but SIL and I are going to attempt it tmrw :eek: before the poolside festivities and cabs and food begin! :cool:

Wendy - have you tried any of To The MAx yet? I want your take on it!

OK .. better run .. taken forever to write this .. have a great one ladies .. and a great HOLIDAY too ..

Tmrw is my DN birthday - so we will be cooking - and doing b-day cake too ... 4th is a kinda bad b/c all his friends are out of town or doing family things on his bday .. poor kiddo .. but we will try to make it special!!

have a great one!

Hi Ladies,

The outdoor pool swim was awesome this morning. It's so much nice than being in the hot/steamy rec ctr pool. There were only 2 other people in the pool which was nice. I swam for about 45 minutes. Of course I need to build up my endurance to swim for at least 20 minutes straight with no breaks...a daunting task for me.

Laura-I though CF was fun too...AB is definitely harder though..IMO. Sounds like you need to plan DN's party either a couple weekends before or after his actual birthday. Just like any other holiday, folks tend to travel. I'm sick of the bands, mine keep breaking. I'm going to order another set. My firewalker bands are okay, it's the long ones that I keep going through.:mad: Hope you and DH make up soon.

Lori-sounds like you've come up with a good plan to see DH. I'm sure you'll feel much better after you spend some time with him and that will have to tide you over until his training ends. I don't know how you keep up with the good workouts with all the kiddo's, amazing is all I can say!

bbl

Hello Ladies.

Better late then never! :p

I decided after tremendous stalling caused by complete lack of motivation to work out today to do the July 1st Hot Butt BR today so that tmrw I can go to the gym with DH for cardio tmrw.

I chose option #1 (only once through) for the work out and lifted heavy and it was plenty. I took it slow and it took nearly 40 mins to complete. I didn't watch the full video to see exactly how she counted reps and some of the exercises were questionable so I did what I thought was right. Hopefully I erred on the side of more reps rather then less...At any rate it was a good work out. I was tired and dripping with sweat when I was done. :) Then I did Fit Body Yoga: Lower Body Tone (20 min) after my "orange break". :p

Gotta hit the showers now and possibly run to the foodstore so I gotta scram. I'll BBL or ITAM for personal though!:cool:

Good Evening Ladies. :)

Dinner is done. I took a WW cookbook from the library last week and have made a few things so far. All of which have been good. Tonight was a pasta salad called Brocolli, Pasta and White Bean salad made with garlic, red pepper and parmesan cheese and it was mighty tastey! We ate it as a side with rotisserie chicken. YUM! Not sure if I mentioned the Eggplant Rollatini I made the other night but it came from this cookbook as well and was good too! Oh and the first thing I made was a stuffed pizza filled with sausage, onions and mushrooms! YUMMY! It's called Weight Watchers New Complete Cookbook if anyone is interested in checking it out...;)

So now I'm hangin' out waiting for DH to come back from running an errand so we can play Uno and have a couple drinks since it's technically like a Friday night for us. :D That being said, I have some time to catch up on personals so here goes nothin'!!!...:p

Diana:: Great job on your swim! It's no easy task! I remember a couple years ago when we took Joey swimming at an indoor pool on vacation one evening and I (in my inifinite wisdom) decided to swim laps length wise. IDK how long I did it for but not too long (maybe 10 mins) and by the time I was done I felt like I had done a full length cardio and 100 push ups!:eek: So you got DOMS from that Firewalker Tabata too huh? I think that's going to be a great extra leg fryer add on to lots of work outs in my future!;) As a matter of fact, I ALMOST did it following the BR today!!!:D

Laura:: Hope your DN has a Happy Birthday! Nope, haven't tried any of To The Max yet. Haven't even finished trying all parts of CrossFire yet!:eek: I considered trying part of To The Max today after reading your post but it didn't happen-I put the dvd in the player and then changed my mind...for the 25th time!:rolleyes:

Lori:: Well I guess 5 mins of yoga is better then nothing!:p Maybe next time you will make it to 10 mins! :D You just drink a shake for lunch? Really?? :eek: OMG, I would be starving in an hour! I need to chew or I don't feel truly satisfied!:confused:

Tomorrow we are heading to the gym and then up to spend the afternoon with my mom and her S/O poolside. We also be eating either lunch or dinner with them. What's everyone else up to?

That's all for now but I should be back ITAM! :cool:

Hey Girls

I'm having a much needed drink right now:confused: Just one of those days! If I told you guys my day you would only laugh at me. Between kids whining, the baby not napping, getting spit up on a million and one times, and going to the grocery store with a crusty baby....I am long over due for some silence...and this drink! If the heat keeps up..along with a high maintenance baby and other kids, I figure I should weigh about 90 lbs when sept rolls around:confused:

I did 3 miles on the TM and DWP. I wanted to do chest and tri but that wasn't happening today. The heat is killing me. My house is way to warm. Its never warm long enough here to invest in a ac unit and then that ugly thing will be hanging out one of my windows:rolleyes:

Laura** Happy to hear you enjoyed the workout. I am looking forward to it. I should have ordered some bands when I ordered the dvds but I placed the order quickly so I wouldn't change my mind! LOL I am sure you and DH will make up soon...once he apologizes!

Diana** I am ok after I get up too...its just getting out of bed that's a chore sometimes. And I have no one to pond my kids off on in the a.m. At least if I was really tired DH would get up with them but that didn't happen to often. I am much more of a morning person then he is. I still haven't booked my ticket. DH is suppose to be looking into our airmiles. If I leave it in his hands I might never get anywhere.

Wendy** I don't normally stall with my workouts cause I like to fit it in bright and early. If I wait until later in the day then everything starts to interfere with my plan and that's when Lori gets :mad: an no one likes to see a :mad: Lori:)

BB in the a.m

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.