Damage Control December...Tuesday!

Fit_mommy

Cathlete
Good Morning Girls.

Look ^^^^ I remembered!!!!:p

Today's work out calls for GS Legs standing work plus B&G floor work. My calves are absolutely killing me so I'll be skipping any calf work for certain! :eek:

No food to report yet. Still drinking the java....I'll be back though!:)

My work out is done and I'm eating breakfast now. Same oatmeal as y'day. I drank a 1/2 serving of the P90X recovery drink immediately following my work out as well.

Be back after work!:)

Hey Good Morning!

I love the new thread title. I am definitely in on this; I won't be able to post often though. I had lowfat granola, a banana & rasberry kefir for breakfast. That's it so far. My workout will be core and interval step at the gym.

I hope everyone had a nice Thanksgiving. I did but definitley indulged a bit too much. :p

Have a great day everyone.

Good Morning ladies!

Day 2 of FF's Dec. Rotation is complete; 60 minutes of cardio, which I decided would be LIS/HIS premix. So I got through LIS great, got the choreo down nearly perfectly and felt really good about that. Then I started HIS, got halfway through, had the hardest time with the choreo and gave up in total frustration. About mid way through combo two, I flipped on the treadmill and jogged at 6.0 for the remainder of the workout while I watched Cathe complete HIS.

Eats were very good yesterday, but not perfect. I stuck to everything I planned. However, my problem is that I'm a nibbler, and I nibbled a bit when I got home. Not much, mind you, less than a serving of pretzels, but still, I'm discouraged with myself because I know that's the behavior I have to curb. I'm more mad at myself for caving than I am about what I actually ate, you know what I mean? Plus, I too had a half a glass of wine. Literally, 4 ounces...I measured it out. But again, ticked at myself for caving after I've sworn it off.

Today is a new day though, right??

I owe everyone some personals, but I gotta jet right now. Will BBS to catch up~

Jen

Forgot to report the eats for the day!

Breakfast was identical to yesterday: 1/2 cup ea. of eggbeaters, peppers, Fiber One, and skim milk.

Just followed that up with a Yoplait Light yogurt.

Salad with a can of tuna for lunch. Sliced turkey on low carb wrap, in two halves, for snacks if I need them.

No idea what dinner is yet, but may be leftovers from last night. We'll see.

Jen

whew...i found us:p

yesterday went well except for two slip ups...:mad: i have to admit i ate the last slice of sweet potato pie.

today is a new day and will be a great one!!

breakfast was my mini egg muffins.

so far i did 40 mins on the elliptical and will do GS legs today.

wendy- we are doing the same workout today!! i hope it doesn't give me DOMS all week again.:eek:

Jen- we are in this together. can't just be perfect in one day. we will get there!!!

my abs are so sore from yesterday's ab work!

Morning Ladies .. bbbbbrrrrr it's cold out!!

Glad I remembered the name change .. lol!! I like the name also!! :)

Ate my chili last night .. made it a bit spicy .. YOWZA .. think I got happy w/the cayene pepper!! :confused: This morning it was 2 boiled eggs - and just got done w/my snack (or part 2 of breakfast) granola bar .. for lunch I am thinking I will only have time for a Lean Quisine . hope I have one in the freezer .. need a salad to go w/it!!

Last night's circuit was good .. I did more circuits/smaller segments ..ended up getting a good workout on every muscle group and cardio in!! :) Today at lunch will be the elliptical or a walk/run outside .. then tonight will be 4 step plank/pushup/core/plyo torture .. the guys are still threatening to come in .. HA .. they are scardy cats!!

Wendy .. good going on the eats!! One glass of wine is not going to sabatoge you!!! (Poochy .. enabling on the CAB consumption again) LOL!! You have been hitting B&G quite regularly .. I need to revisit it for sure .. but starting my heavy legs back in the gym tommorrow so going to hold off till the weekend!!

Di ... YOWZA was a meltdown class after heavy legs? WOW you should be feeling that for sure!!! IA since you have been doing heavy legs for a while .. adding more reps and lighter weights will be a good change up for you!

Jen .. good job on doing the jog instead of giving up the workout .. WTG!!! No worries about 4 oz of wine .. (I know enabling again)

Shirl .. glad you found us w/the new name ... post whenever you can!!

Jacque yesterday we must have been posting at the same time .. it took ME FOREVER yesterday b/c of how busy we were. Well I lost a bet on my Tigers v/s AL... gotta wear AL crap Friday :eek:.. the guy I bet with bought me a terry cloth RED jumpsuit .. complete w/AL slippers and underwear :eek::eek: .. FRI is going to be a LOOOOOOOOOONG day!! :(

DeeDee .. what is on tap for today??

Ang .. did you find any cyber deals .. I really didn't .. except for CC .. my chilli fixing took too much time .. and I got tired of looking .. it got too late! Hope your car is UNstuck today ... it is COLD here and northern AL even had snow flurries .. LOL .. it was 28 this morning ..but supposed to warm up to 55 or so .. then back down to 29 tonight!!

OK .. I have rambled too long .. better run .. have a great day .. and great sweaty workouts!!! :D

Hi Girls.

Just popping in quickly to report my eats.

Snack: walnuts, craisins, dried apricots.

Lunch: 1.5 turkey sandwiches on ww bread.

Despite getting into bed early, I didn't really fall asleep until around 11 and then got up at 5 to get my work out in. I'm beat so I'm going for a nap before I have to pick up DS from school.

BBL for personals. :)

Outdoor COLD walk done at lunch w/SIL ..
Eats: lean quisine / lasagna and small side salad - :)

Now back to paperwork stack ..

Poppin' in to report an 'ugly' day for me :mad:

My back is bad, can barely walk or sit. Overdid it lifting the BB for deadrow yesterday. And to add to that, the stomach is still not wanting to entertain anything I eat for very long. Had soda crackers last night and they didn't stay either.

Bummer - not feeling a workout today due to the sore back and no nutrition since Sun. nite !

BBL to check out the posts from earlier.

Hi ladies,

Well I did 4DS C&B, each round 2 times through per FF's rotation. I used 30's for chest work so i'm sure I'll be sore tomorrow. I struggled on the last 2 sets of pushups from going heavier with the weights.

Not sure if I'm going shopping at lunch or to the rec ctr for some cardio. I had my standard breakfast of Fiber one, prot powder, banana, almond milk-of course a couple cups of java!

Last night I had 2 boca burgers for dinner after my meltdown class. I also had the last of the chocolate chips-I won't be buying anymore until I need them for baking Holiday Treats.

Wendy-you like wine, I like chocolate...it's really hard to give up completely. A little now and then won't hurt us and will probably keep us from bingeing.

Shirl-thanks for stopping by. Interval step sounds like fun!!!

Jen-I struggled with the 4ds cardio combo too. It was during the second half-probably the same place you were when you gave up and moved to the treadmill. Not sure why I can manage them each separately but will continue to work on that.

Sunny-I'm trying to do better today also. I just finished a snack of eggbeaters w/broccoli. Have fun with GS legs, I love that w/o.

Laura-don't forget to tape your 4 step plyo class for us. It sounds like its w/o I would reach for often!!! It was cold last night but is supposed to be in the mid 50's today, but it is very windy-yuck.

Jacque-hope you feel better soon.

bbl

Hi girls

Wow this day has just passed me by!:eek: I did get yogaX outta the way before lunch so I am happy about that. I'm sure it will be a very long time before I end up doing that one again since the X is almost complete.:D I decided to switch that up for B&B with ARX tomorrow since Cody has an away game and I'm gonna be squished for time. B&B is relatively short so I'm hoping I can get it in.

I started off the day with coffee and 2 eggs (one without yolk) and dry toast. Lunch was a chicken salad with homemade chicken noodle soup and a chocolate square. For me, that is really clean so far. LOL! I'm usually happy to keep my cals under 2000, especially if I am doing heavy weights. So far, so good. I won't weigh in until Friday and I'm a bit scared.:confused: Oh, well.....we're heading in the right direction - right?

Wendy - It was no biggie being snowed in. DH plowed when he got home and took care of it. I didn't run into anything so no foul. Although, DH was having a Monday for sure.:confused: His truck slid to the side while he was pushing a bank back and he slid into a tree and put a big dent in the truck and broke out a window. He was NOT happy. But, it's his beater truck so at least that was comforting.
Your eats look great. There's no way I will be eating as clean as you.;) Logging my eats in spark should really help me out a lot. I like knowing where my macro's are.
You were going to skip the 1RM's weren't you? I know I probably would too if I didn't incorporate it into my routine somehow, so I thought I would try it for a while and see how it goes.

Shirl - Hey - glad to hear from you. Glad you had a nice holiday.:)

Jen - I am so very tempted by FF's Dec rotation. I wish I had a multiple CD player so that it wasn't so hard to switch workouts around. I don't think my player is very user friendly.:( But still, her rotation looks awesome!
I know what you mean about getting mad at yourself. ACK! I do it all the time. I have been bad since the summer camping season and it has just progressively gone downhill. Pretty soon all the candy, baked goods, and Christmas stuff will come rolling in.....I hope to re-gift most of it. Is that wrong????:eek:

DeeDee - Sweet potato pie? Sounds good - never had it though. I have pumpkin pie in the fridge that I'm gonna offer to DS when he gets home from school so I don't answer the call.....is that bad? LOL! DS will be scarfing down something when he gets home anyways so I don't feel too bad.

Laura - No computer deals for me either. I really didn't find anything good. I bought more last week than I have in a long time. I ordered those KB's from the GNC site that had free shipping and 25% off on Thanksgiving. I just got an email today that one of them is out of stock. I hope they will get it back in stock, but I doubt they will. It was only $42 for a 15 & 20 KB. I was stoked! I knew it just had to be too good to be true. But, the 20 pounder shipped out today.
I hope you get the chicken men in your class tonight. *lol* It's gotta be a hoot to pick on them eh?
I'll be glad to send you some snow. We have another storm moving in either tonight or tomorrow. I hope the kids don't get another snow day. They've already had 2 so far this year. They also get a full 2 weeks off for Christmas as well. It drives me nuts when they are home and I'm working....they have a tendency to make a real mess.:mad:

Jacque - Awww - what a crappy double whammy you are dealing with. Back and belly problems are no fun. By all means you should take some rest time and get better! Maybe giner ale will calm the stomach? Hope you are feeling better soon.

Di - I've never had a boca berger either. *lol* Is it like a vege berger?
Tonight is taco night. It's DH's favorite meal and the kids love it too. I use a whole wheat tortilla for me and load it down with spinach and tomatoes so that it's more of a taco salad than a taco. Mmmmmm - I'm making myself hungry.
Hey, Wendy talked me into trying those 60% dark chocolate hershey squares. Have you tried those? I bought a big bag at Sams club. I was surprised that they took care of my sweet tooth and they are individually wrapped too so that it is easier NOT to overdo with them. Plus, they are loaded with antioxidents, and at 42 calories per square they won't ruin your eats for the day.

Gotta go get showered and get my Christmas list organized. I saw on the OF someone mentioned the Sorry Sliders game and that looks really cool. I think I will buy that for the boys if I can find it at Walmart. Do any of you have it already? I think the boys would love it.

TTYL

Angie

Hey Ladies.

I took a nap this afternoon and woke up with a fierce sweet tooth. :eek: This is when I have big problems usually. I decided to eat a Pria bar and I feel great about that choice. I could have had a piece of dark chocolate but I decided to see if I could resist it today and so far so good. I could have also gorged on cookies but I did not. :)

When I got home from picking Joey up from school I was still craving sweets so I spread a bit of Polaner All Fruit between 2 of those fiber crisp crackers I have and ate that with a cup o' joe. Yummy and again, a choice I feel good about. I am actually still hungry for some reason. I must have a tape worm today. LOL I will likely make myself a salad at this point to hold me over til dinner.

So this morning's work out was pure evil. I was relieved not to have to do B&G in full but it had been ages since I'd done GSL. I matched Cathe's weight for every exercise! In addition, I had to do B&G floor work and I use 5# ankle weights instead of 2# like Cathe does. I have a feeling I will have some mighty painful DOMS for the next couple of days! :eek::D:eek: Thank goodness tmrw calls for upper body! ;)

I wanted to go to the gym this afternoon for a run but my calves are still sore so I am hesitant to do that. Perhaps I will add cardio on to tmrw's work out instead. :)

Ang: Yeah, I am pretty sure I'll be blowing off the 1RM's. Atleast for now. If I get into STS and find it was a mistake then I will deal with it at that time. Sorry about your DH's truck. What a bummer. I have no idea what Sorry Sliders is. I guess I'll have to go look it up on the internet now. LOL

Diana: How about I like chocolate AND wine! LOL I am forgoing the chocolate in order to indulge in the wine these days though. I guess as long as I keep it to one or the other I'll be okay. ;) Good job on your work out this morning. You are one strong lady! :)

Jacque: Very gentle (((hugs))) comin' your way. Poor thing. A back ache AND a bad belly? :( I hope you feel better real soon hon!!!!!

Laura: Good job with the lean cuisine at lunch. I don't mind them but man that just isn't enough food for me. It's like a snack, not a meal! LOL

Sunny: Sweet potatoe pie!? I don't blame ya for eatin' the last piece! YUMMY!!!! :D So let's see who has DOMS from GSL longer!!!! ;)

Jen: Good job on the eats. Now remember...no nibbling! :) I blame you for my recent wine addiction. I've always liked it but never bothered to buy it for myself to drink at home. You kept talkin' about it though so I went out and bought a bottle. Now I'm hooked! Thanks alot! :p LOL

Shirl: Hey girl! Glad you popped in today! I think we all over-indulged on Turkey Day. :)

Have a great afternoon.

BBL

Okay, I feel better now. My tapeworm was fed. I just finished a salad. I SHOULD be able to hold on until dinner now...:p

I've got the whole house to myself for the next 45 minutes until the kids get home, so I thought "Good time to catch up on some personals!"

Shirl, it's good to see you! Obviously we're all feeling the pressure (pun intended) from eating too much over Thanksgiving (and beyond). So you're not alone. I'm so glad Wendy brought up the idea of reporting what we eat, because it really is helping to keep me accountable. Hope you're able to check in with us when you can!

Dee Dee, I know you're right about not being perfect on Day 1. Glad we're all here to cheer each other on though, or I suspect day 1 would have been a lot worse than it was!

Laura, I made chili last night, too! Perfect for these cold winter days. Mine was with ground turkey though, and not very spicy at all, or the kids wouldn't have eaten it. So did you get the guys good tonight?

Jacque, I can't believe you're still sick!! That stinks, and I'm so sorry to hear it. You've had a rough couple of weeks, first with the cold and now this. Get your rest for sure. The workouts will be there for you when you're 100%.

Diana, you described exactly what happened to me this morning. The first half went great, and it was only my second time doing it. But then HIS started, and it was like I had never even seen it before I was so clumsy :( When I did it by itself last week, I didn't do it perfectly but I held my own. After LIS this morning, though, it's like my brain just shut down at some point and didn't want to process any more instruction. Oh well, I'm going to have to practice it on its own a few more times. Was that chest and back workout a killer, or what? I went as heavy as Cathe on just about everything, and when I finally got to the last round with those round the clock pushups and was trembling. I didn't get out anywhere near the number that Cathe did. Plenty of room for improvement.

Angie, join us with the rotation! I think it's really going to be a goodie. I'm excited to see what sort of results I have at the end of the month after I actually stay on track with my diet, because darn it....I am going to stay on track with this diet !!! :p I've also been relaxed with it for far too long, much longer than just Thanksgiving. Time to rein it in...the party is over.

Wendy, you did really well with your choices today! OMG, I can't believe my reputation for being a bad influence on my friends has transcended cyberspace. Sorry (not really ;)) about your recent wine addiction! But look at it this way...you're consuming valuable polyphenols that will help protect your heart. Combined with all the exercise you do, you'll live to be 120 (like I'm going to ;)) and you'll have me, in part, to thank because I turned you onto keeping a stock of wine in your house for daily consumption. (Yes, you must have several bottle on hand at all times. I'm passing you the torch...you must convert all your friends. And you never know when they may stop by to visit. :D)

Now you all know how I rationalize it.

So today was a good day, diet wise. I stuck to everything I planned except for half of the turkey wrap I had made, and instead had some dried fruit and a few nuts to curb a sweet tooth. For dinner I made pizzas on Weight Watchers pitas with marinara, mushrooms, ground turkey leftover from last night, fat free mozzarella, and a small amount of full fat cheddar for taste. I did eat one and a half...probably didn't need that extra half...but I'm not going to kill myself over it. I'm done for the night.

Hope everyone is having a nice evening, will be back in the morning~

Jen

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.