@DAILY CHECK IN TUESDAY SEPT. 19TH @

Calico

Cathlete
Hi gals,

Today I took it easier. Tried to start with a dance routine on Fitness tv on demand, but my hips just don't move like that, so I stopped it.

Then I did the original 8 Minute Taebo which is 11 minutes. Then I took a short break, and put in my Method Pilates DVD and did the warm up which was 16 minutes. After another short break, I did the Fast Footwork Taebo Express workout which is also 11 minutes.

I burned more than 500 calories so I am done. Nothing was too strenuous since I really needed a rest day but couldn't bring myself to take one.

Have a great day and workout!![emoji16][emoji41]

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Hello ladies! Take those rest days when you need them. I didn't have as much oomph this morning so I did Cathe's Fit Tower Total body. Those workouts are ok. Nothing too exciting for me I'm afraid. Oh well. We have the new ones to look forward to.

Sorry for my bad attitude lately. Sometimes people just irritate the snot out of me. I still miss my Dad. My step mother is ugly on the inside! She took everything!! The school year started w/ not just a "bang", it was more like an explosion! I can't sleep. My GI system hates me. I just need to get things out once in a while.

I'm going to see the chiropractor later. He's doing the nutritional response testing. It's going well, but I have a bazillion supplements to take right now. I'm not a pill person. I hope everyone has an awesome day/eve.

Hi ladies,

Today I was also in the mood for kickboxing. I didn't have loads of anger or anything just a super busy day. Trying to train my replacement and do my own work is definitely juggling a few to many balls at once and time just flies by.

I went with an old favorite, Les Mills BodyCombat. I just love BC. The music and Rachel and Dan are just great. A million times more fun than Core de Force. So Peg if you really want fun kickboxing, you should try Les Mills. I think they have on demand where you live, perhaps you could do a free trial period. Some people don't like Rach & Dan, think it's too much karaoke or whatever, but I love them. They're great and you can really tell they both have martial arts backgrounds.

Anyways... workout tonight of course had to be modified as there is too much jumping and high impact, but even modified I got a great sweat and had a lot of fun. Unfortunately I think it might not be the best workout for this late in the pregnancy. Even modified and skipping the core segment it works your core constantly. I will have to try to remember that it is out of bounds for now... easier said then done and once I start if it's fun I don't really want to stop my workout.

Perhaps I can make a list for myself which workouts are no longer good for me. I think it is really personal.

People who don't work out like us look at me and my belly in shock when they hear I am still working out 4-5 days a week. Some people seem to think being pregnant means you should just do nothing and enjoy having an excuse to be lazy and eat more. That is not my plan... I am by no means counting calories, I love food too much for that, but I still have an idea of what I consume and how much I am burning per day and even pre-pregnancy I was definitely not 108 pounds like some of you girls... far from it. But I am also a bit taller at approx 5ft8.

In my uni days I was around 108, but obsessed with what I ate it rather didn't eat and working out twice a day. I did not have a healthy relationship with food nor my own body. Since growing up and becoming a mom I have other priorities and prefer not to weigh myself. Unfortunately the midwife weighs me every few weeks, but as long as it is just to see that both the baby and I are gaining according to the curve it's fine. I shall just ignore the number.

Have a good night!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Henriette, don't feel bad, I have never been 108 pounds even before kids. I am 5 ft 6 used to be closer to 5ft 7 but I have shrunk ,[emoji52]. And even after losing 38.25 pounds I am currently at 184.75 pounds. But I wear a size 8-10 in pants. I carry my weight well.

I think whatever weight you are, if you are basically healthy, happy, and able to be active, you are the weight you
Should be. I certainly didn't intend to offend anyone on stating my weight, I was just letting Peg know that she and
I have some similarities. I hardly ever weigh myself anymore, only if I feel that I have lost weight and could have
Something going on. To be honest, I don't really have a figure at all, why do I even work out?

Not offended. I think we are about the same age unless I have you mixed with Peg or Missy. I am 53.

I think whatever weight you are, if you are basically healthy, happy, and able to be active, you are the weight you
Should be. I certainly didn't intend to offend anyone on stating my weight, I was just letting Peg know that she and
I have some similarities. I hardly ever weigh myself anymore, only if I feel that I have lost weight and could have
Something going on. To be honest, I don't really have a figure at all, why do I even work out?

Well said! The scale is a number only. It doesn't give you the true value of yourself. I certainly didn't mean to offend either. My apologies if I did. My point was....I'm small and people give me a hard time for it. They don't see the muscle, sweat, work, tears! I am also very linear. No hourglass shape here. If people can be healthy and happy in their own skin....that's the ultimate goal.

Hey friends,
Today I did Linda Wooldridge standing abs-balance for 20 minutes and then some interval walking at the track. We finally got some rain which is terrific!!

You all have a realistic and admirable attitude towards wellness and keeping fit! We are all just trying out best for ourselves and our loved ones! Exercise isn't the solution for everything, but it sure helps right?! I always appreciate that we are all individual, strong women with different needs/balances that we can discuss without judgement. :)

Peg, I'm just curious as to how many supplements s/he has you taking now? If your G-I system is weakened, I would have thought going slow with those type of things would be best. I am not contradicting your therapist, but rather am just curious?

I'm 50.

3 years ago I weighed 248 pounds. Today 163. What I have learned is that I want to be at a weight so my body can do the amazing things it's capable of doing. Having a good appearance is great, but being able to run and cycle and step and lift is awesome! That's where it's at!

No need to worry ladies.... I may be the "baby" of this group, but I was not offended by anyone's mention of their weight. I was simply sharing my story. I think you are all great! :)

Thinking about it this morning I found a few funny quotes I wanted to share:strong.jpg weight.jpg

Ooooh bold statement there henriette - and funny.

ladies, late check in. yesterday I did daily burn - chest/back + a 10 minute cardio non stop (whoa)

Missy - that is some weight loss you've achieved how amazing and powerful you must feel to create such a change in your life. good for you! weight lifting was a game changer for me and my body back about 15 years ago.

see you all today :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.