Daily Check in Thursday November 16, 2017

CeciFifi

Cathlete
Hi Everyone,

today I did STS Meso 3 - chest/shoulders/triceps + PUB chest/biceps

It seems all I can do right now is endless weight training as my foot is pinching a bit too much for my like. i might have overdone things. alas.

henriette - thanks so much for the update. i love hearing about what's going on with you, Mick and the famjam (family). I am shocked you can't go out for a week or so and that you have a nurse helping you. We have no such rules and no such help here. Interesting.......... I wish you sleep! and quick healing! so you can get back to your workouts.

QOTD: What have you done competitively in life e.g. sports, dance, etc..

When I was young I was a competitive Irish Dancer - for like 8 years or so - I was NOT GOOD at it!!!!! I was only able to quit because my parents split up and my mom no longer had the money for it Phew! It was so embarrassing to be an Irish dancer that I kept it a secret for as long as I could. I just wanted to do ballet, or track.

Good morning Ceci, hmmm...interesting question!
The only thing I can think of is I was on the girl's basketball team in elementary school for a year or two, and I
Was on the drill team with band in high school for several years. We had to try-out for that and besides the
Normal parades, halftimes, etc that the band & girls performed at, we were in various competitions between
School bands, etc. Also, in elementary school, I was in some plays, but that's not sports...

Everyone have a blessed day.....

Annette, way to go with them jeans. :). Hey Elsie (hope you got some sleep), Henriette, take good care, and get
Your recovery rest, Missy, hope you are getting along ok, and Hey to you, Peg. BTW, I actually ran back to
Dicks's yesterday and bought the other pair of them $8.98 gloves. I like them, not for the bag so much, I have
Gloves for that, but just to use in combos without the bag. Couldn't beat that price, places online that I have
Found them they are between $20. To $30.

I've really been into martial arts & pulling out Cathe's kickboxing workouts lately. Does anyone know of weighted gloves they like vs the big clumsy boxing gloves? I've been searching on Amazon but can't find a good "fitted" one that will stay in place with all those "jabbing" moves. I'd like a 1 or 1.5lb per glove. Thx for any feedback!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Carie,

Sorry no advice, the first pair of weighted gloves I bought were nice but I can no longer find them.

Hi everyone else,

Today I did 28 minutes on the stair machine and then 27 minutes on the elliptical machine.

Still working on the kickboxing routine both moves and music changes.

Hope you get some sleep Henriette, 1st month at home can be rough.

Have a great day and workout!![emoji16]

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I forgot to answer the question: no , no sports or dance. I played the flute in the band and we did competitions. But that is all.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Hi again, tonight I did a blender mix of step warmups workout, about 30 min. I was excited about the new live
Today cause I love compound workouts, but the "hit" parts look like way too much jumping for me..:(. I just can't
Do it and furthermore, I don't want to do it! Oh well, plenty of others.....

Hope everyone is good, have a pleasant evening...

Hi everyone. Carrie, I use either 1 or 2 lb baby dumbbells that have a Velcro strap. They fit perfectly in my palm and allow my hands to breathe. I’ve tried the weighted gloves and you’re right, they move around too much. I got them from Walmart, cheap!

Great workouts today everyone! I did Athletic training from the Low Impact series. Love that one.

I played some sports in school like soccer and baseball That’s about it. Siobhan good for you. Irish Step is really hard and fascinating to watch.

Hello to everyone else. Thinking if you all!

Good day girls & excellent workouts!! Been MIA a little bit cause do not have much energy/force and the no sleep/noise situation is only worst. Have gone three cycles with being awake for 34+ hours which is tough on my body. Most of the rest of the time is spent just trying to problem solve this thing with what is actually possible. Also losing out on shifts at work obviously.
Yesterday I did a Suzanne Bowen Barre + cardio intervals routine & that's about it. I liked it though.

I wonder how Missy has been doing since her surgery? Have not seen her around. Hope your recovery is going okay Missy!!

So, Qotd Tuesday: I just enjoyed reading everyone's answers on this one!:) I began pilates at 19 or so, but I didn't start Cathe or other weights at all till just a few years ago, so early thirties. Qotd Today: I haven't done anything competitive in some time. In school it was volleyball for a couple of years and I competed in (and won. yay!!) science fairs at various levels. As an adult, I've joined the Lung Association's stair climbs some years, although have not placed.

Ceci, your workouts for someone getting through an injury are quite impressive!! Not fair that you couldn't choose the dance you wanted to practice! Although, I have to say, I am always so impressed with Irish Dancers!! Like Peg said, they are fascinating. Peg, I've been wondering how everything went with your allergy testing etc? Great workouts all week!! Looks like you did some travelling this past weekend. Whereabouts? Linda, awesome workouts/blendering as usual! Yeah, I am with you with the jumping. I like controlled plyo, but cannot do a lot of jumping around in multiple directions. Even when I was younger, my knees said No! I didn't know you were an instructor! Cool. Annette, hope you're having fun working on your new Kickbox moves for the class and excellent workouts!!
Henriette, hope your Mick Tobias has been doing well during his first week. His cheeks are darling!! I am so sorry to hear that the birth trauma has been affecting you.....it truly sounds awful. I hope this is something that you can talk with with your midwife or perhaps she could refer you to someone. ((Hugs)). Keep us updated on how you are feeling.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.