Daily Check in Friday November 17, 2017

CeciFifi

Cathlete
Goodness - Friday again! Happy Friday ladies.

Today I did Daily Burn - Bob Harper body weight tabata + another 10 minute weighted upper body workout - today was more metabolic.

Great to see us all checking and reporting on competitive sides - or not so competitive sides.

QOTD: SOS!!!!

Henriette - thanks for staying connected. i love your updates and sorry your delivery was tough. the body always needs time to heal itself. you will likely bounce back quickly since you are so fit and determined.

have a lovely days friends.

Good morning Ceci and all to follow....can't think of a question yet, too early! :)

Elsie, I don't think I could call myself an instructor, the classes I taught were thru the rec dept. did it a few times,
Back in my twenties, a long time ago!!!! They were like 8 week classes, twice a week, about an hr long, held at
The school at night. I do remember tho' the very first one, there were like about 25-30 ladies that signed up,
I remember I was overwhelmed! It was fun .....those were leotards, tights, and leg warmer days!!!! I have a
Pic somewhere of my solid red leotard and tights ensemble, too funny!

Everyone have a good day.

Ok, thought of a question: what, if any, exercise machines do you have at home?

I have treadmill, incline trainer, rower, skier, elliptical, spin bike and rebounder.,
Hence the reason I dropped my gym membership for the present..but I am beginning to miss the pool! :)

Hi Siobahn and Linda! Siobahn your wkouts always sound interesting and fun. I hope you have a chance to rest that foot too. I had foot surgery about 5? years ago, it hurts! Linda, I would LOVE to see a pic of that! Those were the days right? I remember only wishing I looked that good in a leotard. Also, I have been known to go back to a store to get more of a good thing. Why not? I hope Henriette is getting rest w/ her beautiful baby Mick and family.

Elsie, I've been going to the chiropractor since the end of August. He does the nutritional testing. At first it was 1x/wk now its every other week. I have to keep a food diary, log my sleep and take a handful of supplements. I'm happy to report I've made progress. I've identified soy as an aggravator. He had me on such a restricted diet, I would cry trying to figure out what to eat. All foods became the enemy. He said No flour, wheat, pasta, potatoes, rice, dairy, sugar, nuts, bread and some fruits. It's basically protein and veggies. Once I slowly started to add foods back in, it was easy to figure out what was causing my issues. I can definitely feel the difference when I eat certain foods. Here comes the bloat, pain etc. It's been educational and I really needed it. Thank you for asking. I really hope you get some relief soon from your noise so you can finally sleep!

Equipment....BOSU, Fit tower, step, high step, heavy bag, dumbbells, barbell, treadmill, stability ball, loops and bands. Good question Linda.

Last edited:
1447C4EC-E17F-4A22-9B16-DA77A460B551.jpeg

Oh my the pic is large. I do have another coat rack on the wall and my BOSU fits under the fit tower. It's the basement so nothing fancy but it's my happy place for sure.

Oh, I love your room Peg....those are the same boxing gloves I have....I forgot fit tower, bosu, step, Step 360, heavy
Bag plus all the barbells, Dumbbells,bands, loops,tubing, gotta love them toys!

Hey girls ...... great workout Ceci! Hope your foot is on the mend. Peg, very glad to hear that you're having some success with investigating your stomach issues. Sounds a bit tedious though. I don't know if I could not have rice for an extended time. lol. DH gets inflammation from soy as well. Lol, Linda. I actually love leg warmers and have some despite being a wee girl when they were at their height. I could do without the up the bum leotards, though, right?
As for equipment, DH has a nordictrack skiier. I have all the small props, toys etc. like weights, many bands, step, weighted box gloves, pilates balls, yoga things like bolster, blocks etc., foam roller, massage balls, sandbag, gliders, & a squat rack. I am so very proud of all of my toys as I waited and waited and stalked craigslist and got 90% of them for great deals! I'd love to have gymnastics rings too!! & I regret getting rid of a couple of things but I needed to downsize. Annette, hope your new moves-music went nicely! Has your feline of the house been warming up to the new furbaby yet? ;)
I did a 45 minute HasFit total body weights (skipped half of the core work ...bad!) today. Hope to have some energy to get in extra mobility work tonight.

Ah! I forgot I have a foam roller, rumble roller and yoga blocks too. It’s surprising how much stuff you accumulate! Yes Elsie, it has been tedious and I’m so NOT a pill person. It had taken some discipline but I just cant handle feeling so friggin horrible all the time.

It seems we all love our toys huh?

Oh my, I forgot to check in. Today I taught my disco circuit class to 5 ladies for 51 minutes. Monday will be the new interval with the new music.

I also did 40 minutes of light to moderate weight work.

Busy day , 2 cats to the vet, older cat still doesn't like new kitten. Vet thinks that the new kitten might be a very big cat. Paws are big and she weighs more than average for her age.

As for home equipment not much anymore. I have a set of 3,5, and 12 pound dumbbells, set of 2 pounds walking weights. That is about all. Somewhere there is a deflated exercise ball.

After the vet, we went grocery shopping and bought some cat toys along with the groceries. My son that was with me got an ocular migraine and was miserable while shopping.

Tomorrow I get my hair done.

Have a great day and workout![emoji16]

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Hi ladies,

Nice workouts and fun to read about all your machines and toys.

As you can imagine I have no workouts to report yet. Officially I am meant to wait until 6 weeks postpartum before starting up again, but I have scheduled a doctor's appointment for in a week so I can discuss starting earlier with him. As I worked out until 40 weeks and am used to a lot, I think 6 weeks of nothing is too long. Sunday we are officially allowed outside again, so then we can at lest go for a few walks.

As for machines... I think we only have a water rower, but I haven't used it all that much. For the rest I have two steps, loads of kettle bells, dumbbells, barbell, loops, bands, sandbag and a standing heavy bag, I love all my toys, even if they take up a lot of room.

To answer Thursday's question... only sports I have done competitively were horse riding and basketball. For the rest I just took classes or played the sports because I enjoyed it, not because I was trying to be the best or anything. I did several school tournaments ranging from athletics, handball, basketball etc even going to Italy for a maths tournament.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.