Cycling using the Strong and Sweaty Series

stoppergirl

Can the cycling workout on this series be used with a hybrid bicycle on a cyclops trainer rather than with a spin exercise bike? I find it hard to keep up with the spin cycling DVDs because of the difference in the type of trainer I am using.

No, our indoor cycle workouts like, Cycle Sweat, are only designed for indoor cycle bikes. You can always modify anything but it will not be the same workout that Cycle Sweat was designed to be without using the proper bike.

No, our indoor cycle workouts like, Cycle Sweat, are only designed for indoor cycle bikes. You can always modify anything but it will not be the same workout that Cycle Sweat was designed to be without using the proper bike.

I am going to chime in and say, I recently started using Cathe's cycle workouts on my recumbent bike and my upright bike and although not the same intensity or equipment, I was able to increase/decrease with Cathe and get in a dripping sweat workout. So, while they weren't designed to be used that way, imo, they can be modified to be used that way. You just have to make sure you're upping the intensity enough and pedaling fast enough to feel it.

Can an eliptical be used?
Hi There

I have been doing Cathe workouts since 1998. I have found that all her cycle workouts work great on my elliptical. Yes, you have to modify certain things. For instance, ellipticals have no seat, but try it anyway. I really like the cycle DVDs with the elliptical.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.