CRACY, STRONG AND LOVING IT January 2016 - January 2020

Belinda - I'm sure you remember we put our cat, Bear, down right before Christmas. It was the hardest thing I have ever had to do. The doctor came here at our house and put him down and I also feel guilty about doing that. One reason is because they had to give him the shot that put him down twice. His heart was still strong and I feel like I may have jumped the gun on all of it. BUT, he was not eating at all and he was skin and bones. He was very aggressive towards the other cats and really didn't want us to pet or hold him. I believe he was in pain and I'm sure it would have just gotten worse. My DH buried him somewhere in our backyard and to this day I don't want to know where. I cannot stand the thought of him being in the ground. We put him in a pretty large plastic container and wrapped him in his favorite blanket. I just don't want to know where he is, I would cry every time I seen it. Stupid, but that's how I feel.

You are not alone, we've all gone through it at some point in our lives. It's hard to lose our friends but remember, Brawler would not want you to be sad. You've given him a great life and I know he loves you for that. When you feel up to it, go get another friend. You have so much love to give another animal so I hope you do that when you feel you are ready. Hugs to you!

Debbie, I remember your posting about your cat Bear :( I am so sorry to hear the doc had to your poor baby the shot twice. I can't imaging how you felt :) I felt exactly the same as you did with Bear. I am so sorry you had to go through all this with Bear. Thanks for your kind words. I wished I could have done more for Brawler. I also felt like maybe I jumped the guns too fast? Lots of regrets. I always wanted Brawler to cross the rainbow bridge at home :( The vet clinic they don't have tables they have dog beds instead in every room.The doctor was on his knees when he gave Brawler the shots. There were a lot of new doctors and assistances besides us in the room. Yesterday my son handed me a card with condolences and they all signed by every doctor and everyone that works at Veterinary Orthopedic & Sports Medicine Group. I thought that was really nice. Brawlers doc also wrote something really nice on the card. We have another dog name ChuChu, he is only one month older than Brawler. We also adopted him from the same place we did Brawler. ChuChu doesn't get along with other dogs. He was always very aggressive to Brawler :( I think when the right dog comes, I will open my heart again. Brawler was special and a sweet boy. I miss him so much. You are right Brawler wanted me to be happy not sad.

Good morning girls!:)

I just finished today's workout and will now check in.

Here's today's workout:

Core DeForce- MMA Shred= 38 Min
MV= 8.0
CB= 415

Insanity Max 30- Friday Night Round 1= 33 Min
MV= 10.25
CB= 462

Total calories burned= 877:cool:

Belinda- so glad you checked in. I have to say I can definitely relate. When our previous German Shepherd Vader left us I was devastated for months. Vader had been ill but we thought he was getting better until he lost control of his bowel movements and difficulty getting up from sitting position. His legs seemed to have trouble, so we took him to the vet. Vet told us he was having trouble breathing too, and X-rays showed a mass. The vet recommended we consider letting him go. Because he would be in pain and suffer and have difficulty breathing.. So with heavy heavy hearts we agreed to put him out of his misery. My husband, and I , and our youngest son were all very close with Vader and went to the vet that last time with Vader we were with him holding him saying our good byes and he seemed to understand and didn't want to leave us but knew he had too. I was heartbroken as were my DH and youngest son. It took me a long time to mourn him. And is it was a bout six or eight months later we got a new German Shepherd puppy Ares that we have now. It saddens me to know he is 8 years old and for German shepherds that's close to the life expectancy. So I treasure him. We did take Vader home from the vet after he passed over the rainbow bridge and buried him in our back yard and had an impromptu funeral for him and buried him with a few of his favorite toys. I am a crying mess sharing this with you but felt I must. Please take care and know that I understand. I am sorry for your loss. R.I.P Brawler. We miss you Belinda. The only thing I can really say that helps is making yourself go through your normal daily routine. I know that sounds odd but even you don't feel like it emotionally but its good physically to make yourself do t and eventually the mind comes along for the ride. Its not a quick fix it takes time to process a loss and everyone is different and takes however long they need. Now, when I go out to the back yard and say hi to Vader and tell him we still miss him and love him. We have Ares now, but I don't believe one pet can replace another. The heart has an enormous capacity to love both people and pets. I will always love Vader, a piece of my heart is his. I'm sorry to drone on but I hope telling you this is of some small comfort. I will keep you and your family in my prayers. R.I.P. Forever loved and never forgotten by your family.

Have blessed day/weekend:)

Hugs, blessings, and comforting prayers.;)

Nora

Have a blessed and wonderful weekend girls!:)

Nora - thank you! Vader sounded like a sweet boy. So sorry you had to go through so much with him. That is so sad GS have such a short life? ChuChu is a GS mix, he is also 13 1/2 years old. We noticed his hip is going out a lot :( I thought about bringing Brawler body home from the vet. We are not sure if we stay in this house forever? We had Brawler cremated. We got him back exactly a week after he passed away on the same day (Tuesday). They also made a paw print for us before the cremated Brawler. We will buried Brawler once we know were we want to retire and stay for ever. Thanks for your kind words!

Good Morning,

I walked on the treadmill for 30 minutes this morning took everything Imhad to get out of bed and do it.

Debbie-have fun this week

Belinda-we had a cocker spaniel her name was Cassie and when she was ten she started throwing up everything she ate so the vet gave us antibiotics they didn’t help she got to the point of skin and bones so we made the painful decision to put her down we got her when she was five weeks old and she was the best dog we ever had, then my youngest dd got a beagle corgi mix and he was such a cutie we ended up raising it because her boyfriend was allergic to dogs when we had to move we couldn’t take him with us so she had to find him a new home he ended up breaking his back the day before my daughters wedding that hit us all hard to so believe me I understand.

Roxie - I am so sorry about Cassie and the beagle corgi mix. That is so sad! I am so sorry you had to go through this twice. It's so sad what we have to go through with our pets. Wished they lived forever. Today marks 2 weeks since Brawler passing. My DD is here to keep me company, she is making me to get a workout in today. I miss Brawler so much. He was special.

I just finished today's workout and will now check in. Belinda, my thoughts and prayers are with you & your family today.;)((Hugs))

Here's today's workout:

4DS- Cardio Kickbox + Weights- Kickbox Only= 37 Min
MV= 7.0
CB= 354

Insanity Max 30- Sweat Intervals= 32 min
MV= 11.75
CB= 513

Insanity Max 30- Max Out Abs = 15 Min
MV= 8.50
CB= 174

Total calories burned= 1041:cool:

Roxie- Sorry to hear about your fur babies you've lost as well. I know how tough that is. Take care and be well, have a blessed day.

Debbie- enjoy your vacation and relax, get some rest. Have a blessed day!:)

Belinda - My thoughts, prayers, and blessings to you and your family.;)

Hugs, blessings, & prayers:);)

Nora

Good morning girls :)

Here's today's workout:

Cardio Coach Vol.3- W.up,SS1, Ch.1, Ch.2, SS2, CH.3,CD,Stretch, CN+4 songs= 60 Min
MV= 9.30
CB= 762
Distance= 5.71 Miles

Ripped w/HiiT- Lift It HiiT It Legs- Premix #1 All Strength= 30 Min
MV= 7.0
CB= 287

Total calories burned= 1049 :D:cool:

Debbie- have fun on your vacation, and have a blessed day;):cool:

Roxie- How are you doing? How's the weather there? Have a great workout and a blessed day;):)

Belinda- Just sending you Hugs and comforting prayers and heartfelt condolences for Brawler, may he Rest in peace.;)

Hugs, blessings, and comforting prayers;):)

Nora

Hi everyone,

Yesterday and today DD and I took an hour walk outside. Keeping it light for awhile.

Nora - thank you for your continues prayers and hugs! Good job today.

I will be back tomorrow.

Good Morning,

I had my yearly check up yesterday and my weight is the highest it’s been in three years so my doctor has put me on a 1300 Calorie diet, 30 day protein challenge and I had to make goals before I could leave her office and she gave me a list of approved snacks, now if I could find the energy to get out of bed to workout.

Good morning,

DD and I did another long walk this morning. DH and I are going to stay with Aleisa for a few day's. We probably will come back Saturday.

Rocky - sorry about the weight gain. I know you will loose it in no time.

Nora - have fun with your workout today.

Debbie - enjoy your vacation.

I will try to be back later.

Here's today's workout:

Cardio Coach Vol.3- W.up,SS1, Ch.1, Ch.2, SS2, CH.3,CD,Stretch, CN+ 4 songs= 60 Min
MV= 9.30
CB= 762
Distance= 5.70 Miles:cool:

KCM- 30MTF- Body Design- Premix- Cardio Bootcamp+ Upper Body Strength= 34 Min
MV= 8.75
CB= 406

Total calories burned = 1168:cool:;)

Belinda- So glad to hear from you:) Great you and your DD went for a long walk today. It will be nice for you and your DH to spend a few days with your DD. Have a blessed day!;)

Roxie- Sorry about doctor putting you on a diet. If it helps there is a website www.myfitnesspal.com that helps keep track of foods. You can tell it your diet goal is 1300 a day and put in your current weight. Then just enter what you ate for breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snack. It will show what the calories are for a particular meal and shows you how many calories you have left. I use this everyday and it does make you aware of what your eating and if that falls in line with you daily calorie goal etc... It has been a help for me, FWI this is a free thing. Great job on your 40 minute treadmill walk, high fives!!:D:cool: Have a blessed day and feel better!;)

Debbie- Still livin' the fun good life on vacation I hope. Have a blessed day/weekend.;):)

Hugs, blessings, and prayers:);)

Nora

Hi everyone,

I walked for over an hour this morning.

Roxie - great job on that walk this morning.

Nora - nice job on your Cardio Coach and BC today.

i will be back tomorrow.

Here's today's workout:

Rockout Knockout- Timesaver # 3 = 44 Min
MV= 8.50
CB= 511

PiYo- Define Lower Body= 21 Min
MV= 5.0
CB= 143

Total calories burned= 654:cool:

Belinda- Great job on your workout yesterday, WTG;):) Have a fun and blessed day.

Hello waves to Roxie and Debbie- I hope you both are enjoying and blessed day/weekend.:);)

Hugs, Blessings, and Prayers;)

Nora

Here's today's workout:

Cardio Coach Vol.3- W.up,SS1, Ch.1, Ch.2, SS2, CH.3,CD,Stretch, CN+ 4 songs= 60 Min
MV= 9.30
CB= 762
Distance= 5.70 Miles:cool:

KCM- 30MTF- Body Design- Premix- Cardio Bootcamp+ Upper Body Strength= 34 Min
MV= 8.75
CB= 406

Total calories burned = 1168:cool:;)

Belinda- So glad to hear from you:) Great you and your DD went for a long walk today. It will be nice for you and your DH to spend a few days with your DD. Have a blessed day!;)

Roxie- Sorry about doctor putting you on a diet. If it helps there is a website www.myfitnesspal.com that helps keep track of foods. You can tell it your diet goal is 1300 a day and put in your current weight. Then just enter what you ate for breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snack. It will show what the calories are for a particular meal and shows you how many calories you have left. I use this everyday and it does make you aware of what your eating and if that falls in line with you daily calorie goal etc... It has been a help for me, FWI this is a free thing. Great job on your 40 minute treadmill walk, high fives!!:D:cool: Have a blessed day and feel better!;)

Debbie- Still livin' the fun good life on vacation I hope. Have a blessed day/weekend.;):)

Hugs, blessings, and prayers:);)

Nora

Nora-I am on myfitnesspal and my doctor told me to get back to using it

Good morning,

Yesterday I took a rest day. Today DH and I went hiking around Murphy's Farm overlooking the Shenandoah River. We also took our other dog Chu Chu with us. He is beat. It was a little over 3 miles.I will do a stretch later.

Have a great Sunday, everyone.

Hi all! So even though our vacation continues on this coming week, I am going to try and get my workouts in. Last week we went to Silver Lakes in Michigan, and OMG, what a beautiful place. They have sand dunes there which is so odd. We had a blast.

I've been reading all your workouts and you all are kicking butts! Nice job to everyone!!!

So I've thought long and hard on what I want to do next and I decided to do STS again. So I dug out the DVD's and started it today. I forgot how hard and long these workouts are, but I think I need it right now. Even though I love Kelly, I feel like I lost some definition and muscle tone. I will do this and hopefully get through the whole series. I forgot how many freakin' pushups Cathe does in this series. Seriously, it's a bit much but I did what I could.

Today was Meso 1, Disc 1 - Chest, Shoulders and Biceps

Pushups - Standard 1.5: 8 reps
Pushups - Wide 1.5: 8 reps
Pushups - Standard: 30 reps (yea right)
Alternating Seated Overhead Press: 12's/15 reps
Barbell Curl: 25#/21's
Incline Chest Flyes: 20's/15 reps
Seated Rear Delt Flyes: 12's/15 reps
Band Pulls: 15 reps
Alternating Incline Curl w/Twist: 15's/15 reps
Decline Pushups: 20 reps
Incline Front Raise on SB: 5's/15 reps
Standing Quarter Stop Curls: 12's/8 reps
Prone Pushups on SB: 20 reps (I did some of these)
Seated Lateral Raise/High Ends: 5's/6 reps
Seated Concentration Curls 1.5's: 12#/12 reps
Straddle Pushups: 18 reps
Side Leaning Lateral Raise: 5#/15 reps
Seated Curls Alternating + Both Arms: 12's/16 reps
Chest Flyes: 20's/15 reps
Seated Overhead Press: 12's/15 reps (killer)
Preacher Curl on SB: I did Hammer Curls: 12's/15 reps
Core Pushups - Bootcamp Style: 16 reps (I think I got to 9)
Barbell Seated Front Press 1.5's: 20#/12 reps
Reverse Dumbbell Curls: 12's/16 reps
Staggered Pushups: 16 reps (on knees but did them all)
Incline Rear Raise on SB: 5's/15 reps
Wide Grip Barbell Curl: 25#/21's

Tough workout. I'm not used to this but enjoyed it.

Workout was 57 minutes, HR was 124/174 and burned 336 calories.

Hope you all have great workouts!!!

Good morning,

DH and I walked 60 min early this morning, I also did Jessica Smith 2 in 1 YT weight workout. That's it for me today.

Great job everyone.

This morning I did Cardio Coach 2 - my version. Had a great workout for not running for over a week. I am sore from yesterday's workout, like big time!!!

Workout was 40 minutes, ran 2.77 miles, burned 292 calories and went 5638 steps. HR was 126/180.

Have great workouts everyone!

Here's today's workout:

MV= 9.30
CB= 762
Distance= 5.73 Miles

KCM 30MTF- Lean Body Circuits- Workout #1= 29 Min
MV= 8.50
CB= 337

Total calories burned= 1099:D:cool:

Belinda- YaY!! Nicely done yesterday with a great scenic walk with your DH and Chu Chu. Great job on your 3+ mile walk. Good for you to get out and get some exercise and fresh air in a beautful area. WTG! High fives!!:cool::D:);)

Debbie- Wow, another week of vacation and you decided to start STS again, that is awesome. Bravo and high fives on STS Meso 1 Disc 1 Chest, Shoulders, and Biceps.:cool::D I need to think about revisiting STS again in some fashion. The only draw back is I could not do it every day, the workouts are a bit too long for me and I really am enjoying running in my weekly routine and don't want to give that up. Bravo on revisiting STS, great workout yesterday! High fives!!:cool::D:)

Roxie- I hope you have a beautiful blessed day with lots of sunshine and breezes, and a great workout too!;)

Hugs, blessings, and prayers;)

Nora

Good Morning,

I still cannot seem to get out of bed in the morning to exercise I don’t know what is going on with me. I have been fighting a headache since Saturday morning there is a low pressure system that is causing them. I think another problem is I can’t decide what I want to do.

Debbie-good job with your workouts

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.