Core de Force

Turbo Fire is Turbo Jam on steroids. I still use and love Turbo Jam. I think its a great investment for those days when you want to move and have fun but don't want to kill yourself in the process. Punch, Kick and Jam is a part of the Turbo Jam family and it is my all time favorite of that series. It has hiit workouts, but I can't remember if she referred to them as hiit. It's a great sweat fest, fun and I use it often. Cardio Party ( I think there are 3 of them) are also a part of the Turbo Jam family, they aren't my favorites though.
Another Turbo Jam question! I was able to find Punch, Kick and Jam on Ebay. I really like it! Thanks for the recommendation. You said this is your favorite, please recommend a few others that you like. I know you said NOT the Cardio Party ones. Thanks for that too.

I love Turbo Fire. I subscribe to Beachbody on Demand, and all Chalene's programs (except for PiYo) is included. If you try the 30-day trial I keep hearing about on the radio, you'd have the opportunity to try all TJ and TF. Then, you could look on eBay for the ones you want.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wish
I love Turbo Fire. I subscribe to Beachbody on Demand, and all Chalene's programs (except for PiYo) is included. If you try the 30-day trial I keep hearing about on the radio, you'd have the opportunity to try all TJ and TF. Then, you could look on eBay for the ones you want.

Wish I could, but I have terrible internet service so can't stream. I have Turbo Fire and love it but I've done them so many times, I was looking for a couple "new" Turbo Jams.

I liked Punch, Kick and Jam when I had it, so glad you like it too. I didn't mind the Cardio Party. The 20-min workout was one I liked too, when I didn't have much time. There are some segments in the TJ workouts that are called "Turbos" (I think that's what they're called). That is exactly what you see in Turbo Fire. The TF workouts have those included more often. But, there are low-impact workouts too. If I had to vote, I'd say TF is more fun. But, TJ is good too. Glad someone shares my love for Chalene.

Oh man.....another thread to tempt me into buying something new. Frig! I love kickboxing and this thread has me looking at Core de Force. Any more reviews? Anything you can compare these to?

I think Core de Force compares more to Les Mill's Combat (not so much to Turbo Fire/Turbo Jam). I'm really liking Core de Force. I do wear my weighted gloves to up my heart rate. I get very sweaty and it works the core, upper and lower body. I'll use it for my cardio days. I'm glad I have it!

Another Turbo Jam question! I was able to find Punch, Kick and Jam on Ebay. I really like it! Thanks for the recommendation. You said this is your favorite, please recommend a few others that you like. I know you said NOT the Cardio Party ones. Thanks for that too.

Glad it was helpful. The original Turbo Jam series was a part of Beachbody's blow out sale for the holidays this year and it was the first to sell out. The original series included Cardio Party, a 20 minute workout which I liked as well and 3 other workouts. But i really only used Cardio Party and the 20 minute workout. I also have Cardio party remix 3 and another cardio party. I think remix 3 is pretty good, I just reach for Punch, Kick and Jam the most when I need my Chalene/Turbo Jam fix. LOL.

When I need my Turbo Fire fix- I usually reach for Fire 45EZ and Fire 30. I love Chalene.

I don't think anything of Cathe's compares to Core De Force. I just completed Day 14 and I'm following the 30 day calendar. I love this program. It reminds of several of Beachbody programs, just MMA focused. Sometimes it reminds me of Insanity, without the impact. Other times it reminds of Turbo Jam because of similar martial arts moves, and then sometimes it reminds me of P90x, Yet its none of those programs. I love that they explain the movements and make it clear where you would be striking your opponent. I have also noticed tremendous improvement in my strength in just 14 days. I'm looking foreword to the deluxe dvds. Surprised they aren't for sale yet.

Glad it was helpful. The original Turbo Jam series was a part of Beachbody's blow out sale for the holidays this year and it was the first to sell out. The original series included Cardio Party, a 20 minute workout which I liked as well and 3 other workouts. But i really only used Cardio Party and the 20 minute workout. I also have Cardio party remix 3 and another cardio party. I think remix 3 is pretty good, I just reach for Punch, Kick and Jam the most when I need my Chalene/Turbo Jam fix. LOL.

When I need my Turbo Fire fix- I usually reach for Fire 45EZ and Fire 30. I love Chalene.
My two Turbo Fire favorites are 45 and 55EZ! I love the fun factor and the music. Such energy -- Love Chalene too! Thanks for more info on Turbo Jam. I think I'll keep my eye on Ebay since I missed the sale.

Tic93, are you asking about Core de Force or the Turbos? We've kind of been all over the KB map in this thread. If you are asking about Core de Force, I'd say they are Intermediate without the weighted gloves. For me, when I add the gloves, they get pretty advanced.

Tic93, are you asking about Core de Force or the Turbos? We've kind of been all over the KB map in this thread. If you are asking about Core de Force, I'd say they are Intermediate without the weighted gloves. For me, when I add the gloves, they get pretty advanced.

Yes, the Core de Force. Thanks for your reply. That's exactly what I wanted to know. I'm just pondering....do I need this set? I love Kick boxing so of course it's hard to resist. Is it worth it to get the deluxe set?

I guess I'm one of the few that didn't enjoy most of Core De Force. My main complaint was that they rarely trained both sides of the body. The workouts consist of two rounds of the same combo so why not switch your stance every time? I really felt the one side was overworked because of it. Also, with all the cardio moves out there, why do they have to use the same ones over and over again for their blasts? It got boring. To me, there are better kickboxing options out there.

The "dominant stance" thing didn't bother me. I just alternated to make sure both sides were worked. I think I'm really going to like these to sandwich in between the new Strong and Sweaty set coming (advanced, mostly weight work). I just crave variety!

Tic93, I bought the basic set so can't respond about the deluxe workouts. Sorry.

I quite like these workouts. You only get out what you put in. I thought the workouts were intermediate however, I put heaps of power into my moves (pushkicks for example) and was quite winded. The whole stance thing was not an issue, I just swapped over for the next round. And, not all workouts are one side dominant.
The workouts are nothing like Cathes. I find Cathe puts allot more into her workouts. These are very much different styles. That's not a bad thing of course. :p

Looking at the rotation for Strong and Sweaty in the new calendar, I can see just where I will use these. I didn't purchase the cycle workout, so will use these there. I agree with you, Ally yo, about getting a great, fun workout with this set!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.