Clean Eating Thurs. May 31/07

allwildgirl

Cathlete
Happy last day of June!

Yesterday went really well, except after my workout last night I had a few Kashi crackers. I guess it could have been worse. At least it wasn't cookies and ice cream!

Today's plan:

B - cereal with soy milk and banana
S - apple and tbsp natural pb
L - not entirely sure yet
S - yogurt, granola and berries
D - WW wrap with hummus and veggies, cantaloupe chunks

Workout is a five mile run and maybe abs.

Looks like you did great Shelley! I wouldnt sweat a few crackers! I broke down yesterday too and had some pretzels. I LOVE pretzels!
Shelley, your scaring me. Your post says "Happy last day of JUNE"!

Todays plan is very similar to yesterday.
B- oatmeal/peach/soymilk
S- watermelon
L- salad/almonds
S- pl yogurtw/oat bran
D - not sure maybe salmon and baked potato

Tneah, thank you for the compliment yesterday! It made my day. :)
That is too funny about your cheeks although you probably don't see the humor in it. Robin is right though. I'm sure you notice much more than anyone else.

I have some leftover tofu. Any suggestions on what to do with it? I used most of it for the soybean loaf last night. TIA
Phyllis http://www.smileyhut.com/silly/arrowhead.gif

http://www.picturetrail.com/pwmatt

Good morning everyone!

Shelley, I truly envy you (and everyone else who has been able to find time to workout). My days have been starting so early and I'm not getting home before 8:00. I'm really missing my workouts ;( ...wow, I never thought I'd hear myself say that LOL! At least this check-in seems to be keeping my eating on track and my work days have been hard enough to maybe count as a workout (or two), but I miss that endorphin rush in the beginning of the day.

Today's menu is similar to yesterday's:
B - 2 hard-boiled egg whites with guacamole, oatmeal and half a grapefruit
S - cottage cheese and banana
L - salad with shrimp, apple and a slice of sprouted flaxseed bread with natural PB (this is my favorite part of the day...my PB fix :9 )
S - roasted cauliflower
D - grilled chicken, grilled balsamic veggies and probably half a sweet potato

Have a great day everyone!
Wendi

Hey there, gang. A quick post for me. I'm headed to Kindergarten with DS this AM.

First, yesterday was day 2 in a row (WOW, lol) of clean eating. Now the fridge is stocked with stuff that just needs to be re-heated.
Second, this morning's workout was LL and extra work on my weight bench attachment.
Third, today's planned menu:
B: yogurt and banana
S: Grape Nuts bar
L: Eggplant Parm
S: Wheat Bran with soy milk
D: Most likely eggplant parm with a side of fried cabbage
S: ??? depends on my mood

Have an awesome day....and it's that last day of MAY! LOL No need to rush past June, time flies, doesn't it???

Gayle

Good morning clean eaters!!

Yesterday went ok until those *&^%$# chips last night that dh dragged out with the mango salsa. i need some self control!

today looks like:

B - sprouted ww bread w/pb and a banana
S - apple and some sunflower seeds
L - not sure
S - yogurt w/wheat germ
D - probably some steamed veggies w/shrimp

Well, I've had a pretty good 2 days! Checkins are great at helping keep tabs on the eating! Oh, and I also made a batch of Rice krispy scotcheroos for my dh to take to work & did NOT lick the spoon either!! Those things are pure evil!! LOL

I did the first part of YogaX this morning (supposed to bike, but my friends bailed on me!). Legs & BackX + ARX is on tap for later.

So far just coffee for me. I'm sure I'll have my usual oatmeal for breakfast. Not sure for the rest of the day, protein, veggies, fruits, and some good carbs for sure though! ;-)

Good morning, Everyone!

Oh, dear, if tomorrow were July 1st, I would be in deep doo.
My DH was snacking last night too. I had 2 brown rice cakes with leftover hummus instead of the evil.

Today:
B-nl pb on rice cake(s), a banana (just no time)
s-apple, a few nuts
L-barley and vegetable soup, some grape tomatoes and carrots
s-plain yogurt with berries
D-just don't know-hoping to get to the grocery sometime today

Yesterday's w/o was total body sculpting premix from LIC. Today maybe a bike ride or LoMax?

Have a great day everyone!
iris123

Hello All

Just did PLB my legs are feeling it now!

B: Porridge made with water and a little semi-skimmed milk. Coffee
S: water.
L: Baked Potato with Beef & Vegetable Hotpot. Followed by smoothie of frozen berries, low fat natural yoghurt and dash of semi skimmed milk.
S: Special K Cereal Bar & Orange.
D: Oatcakes and Cottage Cheese.

Water and milk.
Have a good day.
Laura
:)

Hi Clean Eaters!
Yesterday went fairly well. My DH asked me to make his favorite LF banana cake, which I happen to love. I had a medium size bite of unfrosted cake. I guess it could have been worse. Today, I did P90M Cardio Intervals and Power Squeeze(I loved it). I might go for a short run later.

Meal Plan
B- 4 egg whites w/ 1oz parm cheese & 1c tomatoes, 1 slice ez.bread
S- 6 oz plain yogurt & 1/2c black berries
L- 4oz Chicken Breast, 1 c baby spinach, cukes, carrots, 1/2c millet
S- apple & 1 TBSP natural PB
D- not sure yet, I think we may go out to dinner

Have a great day!

A friend in fitness,
Shirl

Morning Everyone,

Eating last night went really well. Two days down. :7

Today:

M#1 1 Egg / 2 egg whites / Oatmeal / 1/2 Banana
M#2 Kashi Autumn Wheat Cereal / Raspberries / FF Milk
M#3 Lefovers from last night Parm Chicken/Rice/Asp
M#4 Protein Bar / Apple
M#5 Don't know yet, but will probably be Lentil Soup

Exercise: P90X Chest & Back / ARX / 4 Mile Run

Drink: Coffee / Green Tea / Water

Laurie

Breakfast ~ Usual oatmeal at 6:30

Snack @ 9:15 (starving since I ate so early!) ~ Kashi GoLean w/ sprinkle GoLean crunch & light chocolate soymilk

Will have another snack after L & B!

Hi Clean-Eaters!:D

Yesterday went well for me with a small slip of wheat thin veggie crisps/ guacomole in the evening .

Today :
before workout :yogurt
after workout : oatmeal w/flaxseed and cinnamon , 1/2 banana

Lunch: grilled salmon burger crumbled on top of huge green salad

snack: fruit smoothie (maybe with added protein)

Dinner: have no idea yet

workout was Amy Bento's bi's/ tri's and 1 hour POWER walk outside!:7

I finally broke through my workout drought. I had not been sleeping well and had no energy. I didn't work out Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday (ugh!). Today, I did Step Blast (all except the challenge) and Muscle Max. I hope this has kicked me back on track!

Meal plan:

B: oatmeal w/ flaxseed, wheat germ, and bee pollen and 3 hard-boiled egg whites
S: 1 apple
L: tuna w/ spinach, tomatoes, and onions on an Ezekiel wrap
S: red peppers w/ hummus
D: don't know yet (I have left over soybean loaf, turkey meatballs and quinoa)
S: I have not been able to eat the before bed snack. I am just not hungry.

I normally eat A LOT of sugar (I know I am addicted) and haven't had ANY. I have had a headache since I started eating clean. I am wondering if it's from the sugar? Anyone else experience this?

Lorie

Greetings!:)

So far, so sorta good I guess. Last night I ate a whole bunch of steamed green beans instead of chips so that is a plus. I made tuna salad sandwiches for the guys with real mayo (one of my favorite things in the world, but oh so bad for you) and I snuck a spoonful of the salad, yummy:9 That "light" version just does not taste the same. So moving on today..

B-3 TBL peanut butter-coffee, water--did not have time for a full blown breakfast

S-FF Tortilla with broccoli sprouts and tuna in water

L-steamed broccoli, 2 small chicken breasts

S-berries

D-large herb salad with a variety of veggies, maybe some tofu

Workout: After my "double-header" P90X yesterday, I thought I would do one more hard day and take tomorrow off. So this AM its probably PlyoX}( this evening will be Chest/Back.

Morning Ladies!

I keep eating clean thank goodness. Last night's workout was Squeeze Full Body workout. Still have to do Power Squeeze & Custom Squeeze in order to see how I feel about this entire dvd. Legs were burning last night & I just used my body weight.:eek:

Meal 1: Kellogg's Protein Plus cereal w/blueberries + coffee
Meal 2: 1 whole egg + 3 eggwhites + oatmeal + small iced coffee
Meal 3: steak/asparagus/brown rice
Meal 4: chicken/broccoli & cauliflower
Meal 5: protein shake

I have to go tonight to my son's highschool (that's why I only have time for a shake for dinner) for a meeting w/all the science research teachers. My son was selected for SOAR program next year. He'll be attending a college & working with a doctor on his research project. Very proud of him & all his accomplishments in his young 15 years.:D No workout tonight.

Stay clean, enjoy your workouts & have a wonderful day! Kathy:D

Work out completed and so far these are my planned eats for today:

at dawn: 2 cups coffee w/ 1c lite soy milk
pre workout: 1tsp pb w/ 1 multi grain rice cake
post workout: 1/2c. oatmeal
snack: small apple
lunch: baked chicken with brown rice and steamed veggies
snack: baby carrots and celery sticks
dinner: not sure yet.

I have ordered Tosca Reno's book and hope to have it soon, once I read it over I'll have a much better idea for meals.

Hi all. So far, so good. I had the exact same breakfast and lunch as yesterday. I read in You on a Diet that if you try to make one or two meals the same everyday, you will be less likely to overeat. We are hoping to have company over for dinner tonight and DH wants steak, but I'm hoping to get by with just a couple bites, then fill up on salad and baked potato. No desset. I won't have time and it's too hot to bake anyway. That will be one less temptation too. The big issue tonight will be wine. I really, really, really, (really) like to relax with a glass of wine when I have the next day off. The trouble is one glass all to easily leads to two or three glasses. I'll just have to remember that I have to post here tomarrow and hope that puts the fear of the grape in me.

Post workout (L & B + ARX) ~ Light activia yogurt w/ wheat germ & small spoonful of NM PB

Lunch ~ Spinach, mushroom, & tomato frittata (1 egg/ 1/2 c. eggbeaters) w/ FF cheddar

And also 2 cups half decaf, 80 oz water so far...

Dinner plan ~ Kiddos want breakfast for dinner so I might make a protein pancake for myself. Not sure yet!

Well I "chickened" out with the PlyoX and wound up doing an easier 45 min on my elliptical instead!:)

I just got back from Whole Foods where I purchased my beloved Fat Flush tortilla's and broccoli sprouts.
I also just had the most yummy salad for lunch. It had cut up chicken breast, corn, salsa, leafy greens and shredded cabbage all mixed together with a very small container of dressing. YUM.It hit the spot it did!
So that changed my previously planned lunch. I also got some Ahi tuna steaks that I will sear on the stove tonight, will serve them with a large green salad-sounds good huh? :p

Robin, I am sooo with you on the wine thing, I have some every night, even on this plan, although after tonight, no more vino for me!;(
I am spending the month of June getting my body as healthy and strong as I can for my surgery the first of July. I have to stop taking alot of my supplements and my ibuprofen, so I thought,well, the wine's gotta go too.If you watch your calories during the meal/day, two glasses of wine will not "blow it", really!:7

Oops, I am probably a bad influence huh?:D Hope everyone had a clean day....

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.