::::: CHEETAHS ::::: Sat., 2/10

WOW! We need to call our check in the Chatty Cheetach Check In! LOL. Don't you guys ever take a break? LOL

OK...back on track and feeling GOOOOOOOOOD! I decided to NOT wait till the kids go away later. I knew that if I waited, I'd find a reason to skip the workout. SO....younger DS and I hit the basement, turned on cartoons, and AWAY I RAN! 6 miles done! The first 2 miles hurt, though, and I'm not sure why. My left shin was burning like crazy. I picked up the speed considerably and believe it or not, that relieved the shin pain. Strange, but it felt good to pelt out the last 4 miles at such a fast clip! And, the gloomy mood has lifted.

THANKS, everybody, for the reassurance and the heartflet words on eating. It's just so hard sometimes to keep it all straight all the time,

Barb-you are TOO thoughtful! Thanks for the offer on your shirt, but I can wait. I'm sure we will get another order in SOON! Even if I have to order the minimum mySELF! LOL (thanks, the offer means a lot, but you enjoy the well-deserved shirt).

Can't give more personals right now. Older DS is pestering to play his game.

When the boys go away later, I'm heading to the grocery store to stock up on CLEAN FOOD! Oh....I picked up a 2 lb tub of whey protein at WMart earlier today. I'm excited to try out a recipe or 2!

BBL

Gayle

Barb, Yes I have custom orthotics but I do not like them. I'm going to give the Powerstep ones a try. I have rather high arches so they might work for me. Humbolt marathon (and 1/2 ) is Oct 21. Here's the link:

http://www.redwoodsmarathon.org/

Think you might be able to make it????

Gayle, WTG!!! Isn't it just amazing how a run can put you in good spirits? That's one of the reasons why I love it so! I'm happy you are feeling better:)

cathy- crap! I havent seen the clean eating issue around . I will have to keep looking. thanks!

still not sore yet from ME lastnight or the firewalkers. since teaching bootcamp though, it takes alot more to give me DOMS anymore.

talk to ya later!

Gayle--good job on your run, but sorry about that burning pain, but glad it remitted. Hope it is gone for good!

Laura--that's impressive that you don't have any DOMS from the firewalkers.

Elaine--Thanks for the link. I will check it out and when DH gets back from his "meeting" I will discuss it with him. The other race Carole posted that I think is closer to San Fransisco (Are you South or North CA?) is in January which is a quieter time schedule-wise for my kids. But I will think about October....it would certainly push my butt in gear to train for something. "Honey, I have a work meeting at the Humboldt Institute in October 2007..."}(
I'll let you know what I can figure out.

Barb:)

Barb - LOL! That would be a funny checkin! I have got to get on track! Did I tell you I ordered the "Eat to Live" book? Yes, I do have an elliptical trainer. I like it a lot, but don't use it as often as I should :+

Linda--great you ordered that book. I learned a lot from reading it, but don't follow the program to the letter. It did help me learn that broccoli is one of the higher-protein vegetables...and change my understanding of protein. You are lucky to have an elliptical trainer. I have a Concept 2 Rower that I never use, but it's a great piece of exercise equipment.

:)

Sorry ladies - quick check in. I'm trying to get DH off to Australia tonight. I'm actually looking forward to a week without him. Unfortunately, he comes back on Friday (well, that's good), but he leaves AGAIN for TWO weeks on the following Tuesday and those two weeks I'm not looking forward to.

Went to the gym today and did the CC Chose Living on the spin bike then 20 minutes of iTread 11 at a walk on the treadmill - if you ever want a different challenge - try walking one of these - my HR was way up there! I was surprised!! Then we went to our favorite watering hole and I had a 3/4 of a chicken/pesto sandwich with greens - skipped the fries - and believe me that is TOUGH!! They have the best fries in the world! And 2 glasses of wine. Now it's off to the grocery (after two glasses of wine - that will be interesting, but I'm sticking to the list I put together this morning!). So have fun and I'll check in later.

Linda - quick hello to say that I have the Eat to Live book as well, and while I don't agree with everything he says, I think the book is sound and the eating plan very good. My personal opinion is that you cannot go wrong with adding more vegetables, whole grains and fruits to your diet. I've been reading BFFM and when I got to the part where he says you cannot be ripped and be vegan I laughed out loud. One only has to look at our Carole to prove that wrong.

Waves hello to all the beautiful Cheetahs!!

Good afternoon ladies,

OINK OINK OINK!!!!! Yes, that is me. I just had a quarter pounder and a small fries at Mcdonalds.(LOL)!!! I do not know what has gotten into me, yes, I do know a lot of FOOD! We took the girls to play at Mcdonalds and my hubby and I were bored and we both just went nuts. Oh well, I am declaring it an eat what you want day. Anybody want to join in?

I did do leg blast premix today and the lying leg work of legs and glutes. I am finding butt and gutts to be getting a little easy for me. I have been doing it now 2x per week for 6 weeks. I need to shake it up a bit. Maybe I will start doing gs legs for awhile...hm

I still have no time for all the personals. Our friends will be here in about and hour and I have to get all the good piano music out and clean up a bit. Can you believe we are having chinese food tonight AND my friend Jeanine made a homemade chocolate cake with fresh raspberries in the middle with whipped cream, YUM!!!

Okay, enough talk about food. I am off to do my last minute chores and I will check-in tomorrow with lots of personals.

Have a great night ladies!

Susan

Happy Saturday, Cheetahs!

I got my workout in at the gym today while my dogs were getting groomed. One thing I hate about the gym is the people that feel they must wear an entire bottle of foo-foo (perfume). Geesh! I was sooo into my elliptical workout when this woman got on the machine next to mine and peeeeuuuuwweee did she reek! Good lord, I thought I was going to gasp all of the way to the floor. I have asthma and my inhaler was out in the car. Well, I did have to cut my elliptical workout short because of her and then immediately head out to the car to open my airway with a couple of puffs of albuterol. Oh well, atleast I got in 45 mins (I was going for 60 mins). I went back into the gym and had an awesome leg weight machine workout. I still have to do my ab work here at home but first I have to get my DS off to the winter homecoming dance. Oops, I have to iron his shirt too!

Cathy, Christine, Susan, Shelly… Your photos are beautiful! I have to say, all the cheetahs are a fine lookin’ bunch… I’M SOOOO JEALOUS OF THE T-SHIRTS!! LOL

Barb - I had to laugh at your post the mule/donkey on Shrek! YEP! That would be me! I think my Cheetah runner shirt should the Shrek donkey on it with cheetah spots! LOL

Laurie & Wendy – Awe, if it isn’t the “terrible twos” then it is the “terrible teens”… Just kidding. My kids are pretty good and I agree we parents need to compromise sometimes with some of the uncomfortable stuff for teens (within reason). Especially when the kids are behaving responsibly. I have 3 teens; DS 13, DD 16, DD 17. They all turn another year this summer. The oldest is doing her best to train us for the rest……hee heee. They were all great when they were young. I didn’t go for tantrums either when they were little. Set limits. Anyway, you all are such great moms!

Jess – I hope you are feeling better now. You made me chuckle with the story about your DH and banning you to the chair! I HATE to be sick when my DH is around. I can’t even get up to go to the restroom without him saying, “What are you doing, lay back down”… etc. I found the Flat Out bread (YAY!) after my 3rd store of searching. I’ll post what I ate it with in the cheetah clean eating thread.

Sunny – You go girl! WOW, you are doing great with the clients.

Carole and Elaine – Kettle chips. I must stay away from them. Can’t buy them or I would founder like a horse! You guys will be great for Humbolt. I can’t make that one this year as I am booked up for running this year (Elaine, I’ll see you San Diego – booked my flights last night) and besides DH and I will be leaving for the Southern Caribbean Oct 26. Looks like Shelly is getting enabled on this one though…lol

Gayle – Hang in there. You can do it. I also battle the grazing urge daily. I’m glad your run turned your day around. I love when that happens to me! Also, I think I’ll try to PM you because I still didn’t get an email from you. And I do want to send you this WW cookbook.

Oops, gotta go I’m being paged..have to go fill up my DH’s car with gas. Can’t let her get her hair all messed up in the rain. They’re all ready to go to the dance…

Hi to who I missed and Bye for now cheetahs…check in later

Thomasina

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That's what I say about P90X Chest and Back #1. I am so pumped after my first workout. I didn't write anything down just so that I could get the hang of things, but OH MY GOSH! Next time when I can write things down and challenge myself to do more with the second round I will really be doing awesome! I hate to say it, but I've never wrote down my weights or reps EVER! Just gone by how I feel that day, so I see no advancement. I've been missing the boat! These workouts (mind you I've only done one so far) will be a great challenge and I'm ready for it!

I will have definite DOMS tomorrow }( I can't wait! :7

OK - be back tomorrow AM. After PlyoX.

Marcia.

MARCIA-your enthusiasm is so contagious! I want the P90X set back! LOL. JUST KIDDING! LOL. Have fun. Enjoy the DOMS and have fun with Plyo X!

Well, my evening has turned out differently that I had expected. BOTH my boys are at sleep-overs! LOL. Too funny. Zach (younger DS) was supposed to have a friend stay here, but the boy is a bit afraid, so they took Zach to their house! Jake (older DS) is at a BDay sleep over as planned. Now I'm home alone and it's STRANGE!

BUT....

I'm looking forward to a nice long workout in the morning. Starting with some fun cardio (not sure what...thinking BM2 cardio premix) and then the upper body workout with PP/SS that Judy suggested. Looking forward to a quiet morning, a bit lonely, but quiet!

Good night!

Gayle

Well, no workout for this Cheetah unless you count taking a nap hard work. ;-) I just got sooo tired this afternoon, I took a good hour & a half nap in my dd's bed (Greg was kind of using our room as a tool storage while working on the bathroom!). It was wonderful.

The bathroom is DONE. It looks fabulous. I'm so proud of my handy dh. Everything is functional & it looks like a whole new room. Check out my picture trail for pics http://www.picturetrail.com/jess_jugs

Of course, since I took a nap earlier now I can't sleep. I'm feeling lots better though & although I didn't eat a lot today I feel ok. I did drink plenty of water so I'm hoping to wake up feeling back to normal tomorrow. }( Have a great night!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.