::::: CHEETAHS ::::: Sat., 2/10

Just wanted to say if anyone wants to start the healthy eating thread, go ahead. I'm on a liquid diet for a while today to make sure I'm feeling better. I'm afraid to eat!! I did make some apple cinnamon pancakes for my family though, they were happy!

OK, off to paint the cabinet. I'll check in later, that will be my break time! ;-)

Hey, Jess. Glad something is staying in your system. Take it easy!!!!

I'm just coming back to keep myself accountable. I've just found a chunk of time later this afternoon when both my kids will be out of the house with friends....THAT doesn't happen too often. I'll be logging my 6 miles at that time, on the treadmill most likely!

Gayle

my run is done. i did 4.5 miles on the TM.

jess- as far as i am concerned you already are a triathlete:7 my cert is with IFTA. i plan on getting the NASM sometime later on this year.

linda- i love barry's bootcamp workouts! the legs and butt is a goodie. i got certified in TK a few months ago. you will love it! i have an interview at the Y on wednesday, to hopefully start instructing.

gayle- trust me you are not alone with the binge eating. i do the same thing at times to myself. one minute i am admiring my muscles and flat tummy and then i turn around eat alot of crapx( .

elaine- i say give it a try. if you find it enjoyable then keep at it. if not, then stop. you will never know unless you try...;o)

laura- i believe you will find the workouts very enjoyable. check the website's forum for rotation ideas;)

carole- so which KB workout are you doing today? i forgot to thank you the other day for the tip on P90x's legs..i didn't add the leg work at the gym and still had an awesome leg workout!

marcia- yay!!!! i am doing the happy dance with ya. come on over to the p90x check-in:)

Good morning all! I'm very much enjoying a good long stretch off from work:) The chatty cheetahs have started the weekend off strong again I see!

Cathy- Thank you so much for posting the pic! I love the sign:)
YOu have a truly beautiful smile:7 :7 If you're looking for a good place for a cheetah GTG why not a place where everyone wants to go... sin city, Las Vegas! Not exactly center of the country but who cares;-) There's a marathon and half marathon in Dec. A run AND L&G??? Sounds like a great my kind of killer workout!

Marcia- p90x here she comes!!! Yippee for you:7 :7 Probably the classic rotation would be fine for you to start with. I predict you'll find Tony lots of fun.

Gayle- I'm glad your DS has recovered. You must be exhausted and I hope you don't push yourself too much getting in the run today.
Re: the food struggles, in a way it's reassuring to me when you and other cheetahs post these things. That even incredibly fit cheetahs like you have food issues, I mean. We all do, especially myself!
I'm confident you'll be back on track though soon.

Jess- Ah, the good old fashioned "grandma's penicillin", Chicken noodle soup! Nothing better to calm a stomach and get things back on track. I'm glad you're resting!!

SunnyD- A circus today? How fun:+ :+ :+ Only one client? That's good... you need a break, but you still sound incredibly busy!

Laura- If a workout feels good for you I see nothing wrong with sticking with the same one for a while, like for 2-3 weeks. I know that Carole does rotations like this and look at the shape she is in!

Laurie- How do you stay sane with a house full of teens???? Kudos to you:eek: Have fun with your steady state step.... say that 10 times!

Christine - LOVE LOVE LOVE the fantastic pics of you and Susan, a couple of hot cheetah babes IMO:) Sounds like you had a great time together.

Wendy- Your description of the Baron yoga tape really got me interested! Especially that it is athletic and relatively fast paced. That's what I find so difficult about yoga.... it seems so slllooooow! Way to difficult for a crazy ADD gal like me! Okay,
no pic yesterday...... how about today?

Susan- Thanks for those gorgeous shots of you and Christine! You are quite the travelling socializing cheetah aren't ya? I remember those great pics of you and Jess also. I don't blame you for only doing 30 minutes of BM2. If you haven't done step in a while, the whole banana of that workout would be a bit much!

Elaine- I saw the foot wheel in the roadrunnersports catalogue and thought of you. I think it should help quite a bit.

Carole- I checked out the link to the Humboldt race. Since I'd really like to run the Las Vegas marathon in Dec I was pleased to see that there is also a half marathon! Are you and Elaine going to go for the full? Silly question, of course you long distance champs are going for that! Anyway, I'm seriously thinking about this one.

Judy- Hiya! Sounds like you had a great time with cardiofusion yesterday. I've been hearing about the incredibly heavy snowfall in NY... how are you faring?

Linda- More of Barry's BC today?

Wow, it's already 0930 here in AZ? Time to get this butt into gear!
Today will be the ME lower body split premix and a 5 mile run.... wooohhooo! Maybe a little elliptical work later;-)

tata

ShellyC

Judy, Question about the orthotics....do you use the full length ones or the short ones?

Jess, Are your generic orthotics PowerStep? Thanks for the stretching info.

Sunny, I guess it's a matter of investing $$$ in the material when I am not sure it will pay off. It really sounds like you are very happy with your decision to switch from your desk job to bein a PT. And judging by how busy you are it seems to me that you are very good at it.

Gayle, I know, I know! In your case do you think eating the wrong things is stress related? That is the first thing I would imagine it is.

Carole, Just alert me to when you are ready to sign up for Humbolt and I'm there with you! We'll have to get some other Cheetah's committed too. Christine??? Susan??? Anyone else??? Everyone else?? They've got a 1/2 and a 5K if you are not into a full marathon.

Oops, Shelly, didn't see you there!

The wheel should be delivered on Monday. Road Runner Sports is here in CA so I get my stuff from them the day after I order. I'm ready to attack the PF with it.

I think I'm up for the full in October but if for some reason I am not I'll do the 1/2 for sure. In any case, I can picture an awesome Cheetah weekend for sure!!!

Wendy :: thanks! I’m gonna check those out either this weekend or next.

Laurie :: aww, thanks. :) Not sure if I will get to MM…depends on how much time I put on the TM and how much energy I have leftover after L&G! Hmm…maybe soccer guy had a busy week – fingers are crossed. Not much to report at my end…I have communication open with a few guys, but no meeting dates set up as of yet. I’ve had a hectic week and had a hard time keeping up with it all. I see that there are just as many full-on weirdos as there are interesting guys.

Laura :: the shirt is in the mail! Good for you plugging in a workout at 9 pm!! I am mixing things up and not doing the same weight workout in the same week.

Sunny :: thank you :) ~ enjoy your workout, the circus, and eating out!

Jess :: glad you are feeling better…Hannah’s room looks cute (I agree—the taping is always a b*tch!) & your FIL did some terrific handiwork. Thanks for the compliment :) – funny thing is, I think somehow my teeth look kinda crooked in that pic when they are actually straight, which I endured two years of braces torture for!

Linda :: thanks :)…oh boy, I can see I’m probably going to need room for two men in my life – Tony AND Barry!

Gayle :: good luck staying on track today…no, you are definitely not alone there…I find weekends to be the toughest challenge…I sometimes nosh even when I’m not hungry.

Elaine :: I’m not sure what the answer is, but I think to overcome it, you have to be really mentally tough on yourself. When you feel those seize-the-day thoughts coming on as an excuse to indulge in something you know you shouldn’t, you might have to forcefully say to yourself, “This is NOT what he would do or want ME to do” and *make* yourself snap out of it. I had to learn that just because none of us are given any guarantees about the time we’re given on this earth, it doesn’t give you the green light to act recklessly with wild abandon. I realized I didn’t want to pick up anything negative from the life of someone who was so positive.

Carole :: nope, I goofed and ordered the wrong ones, so I’ll have to do an exchange…thank you :)…enjoy the k’box & legwork!

Marcia :: yay on the package!! I want weight loss, too, so I’ll be curious to see what kind of advice you get…But it will probably be another week or so before my P90 arrives. Glad you did well last night @ the bar. Thank you:)…I can help you with the pic posting if you like.

Shelly :: I love Vegas ~ I would not mind going back – it’s been about 10 years. Enjoy your ME premix & run!

Thanks, everyone, for making me feel great today! Like the sign says, you guys totally ROCK! I am serious about a cheetah GTG -- what about this summer? I would love to meet you all in person!

OK, off to hit the tread...

Cathy :)

Gayle - LOL...I know what you mean about the shirts (we should have a smilie with tears ;) I missed it, too. Maybe we can get one later :) And, uh, I am with ya on the clean eating, then "dirty" eating, too. I wish I could be consistant! I am worried about what I am doing to my insides, too:-(

Laura - I am trying to figure out how I will do these, too. I don't know if I should do each of the split routines just once during the week and then the total body, or if I should do the split routine twice. I am also trying to decide if I want to do the non-treadmill cardio as well as the TM cardio to make close to an hour cardio. I guess that is one good thing with these, we can mix up the way we do them to make different rotations! :7

Elaine - I was lucky this morning! DH went to the store (we usually go between 7:00 a.m. and 8:00 am on Saturdays to beat the rush!) But as soon as he got back, I got to put them away;) Fair deal, though! I have read on VF where a lot of the ladies was doing the TM portion on elliptical trainers. I think that would work very well!

Carole - I keep forgetting! :+ I remember you telling me before that you don't own a treadmill. You are so lucky to live where you can get outside most of the time! Yes, I am loving BBC, so far (but I have only had it 2 days, so I hope it is not just infatuation :+ )
Have fun with your kickboxing!

Marcia - Can't wait to hear what you think of P90X!

Sunny - That is great! did you do the home study program for your certification, or did you go to a site? Was the test hard? Good luck on your interview! That is just awesome! Good job on your run! Oh...and thanks for "enabling" me on BBC!

Shelly - Wow! Sounds like you have a doozy of a workout on taps for today! }( Yes...more BBC today!

Laurie - Teenage daughters sure have a way of putting gray hairs on your head ;) At least mine did! Enjoy your steady state and don't stress about the cake and snacking! :9

Wendy - Hi! Hope all is well with little Joey today! Enjoy your L&B and ARX!

After I put up the groceries, I ran 5 miles. 3 of the miles were while doing BBC Treadmill portion of Chest and Abs (just the treadmill part of that one) and then the remaining two miles were just steady slower running.

Have a good day everyone and "Hi" to EVERYBODY and have a good Saturday!

Linda

Cathy - Yes! I think you need save some room for Barry in your life! I think you would like him, too! ;) I would love for all of us to get together, too! That would be great! Enjoy the Treadmill!

Good morning ladies,
WOW, you guys are a chatty bunch again this morning:) I am still sleepy and getting ready to have some yummy tea and a muffin(healthy).

I am going to do the leg blast premix and about 20 minutes on the elliptical today. I have to burn some serious calories again today. We are having friends over for singing at the piano and chinese food, so it will be an eatfest today again. I tell ya it is hard to be social and not eat tons of yummy food(LOL)!

And yes ladies, I am still so thrilled that I got to meet another AWESOME cheetah. I really want to have a big cheethah get together.

I have to go and break up a squabble between my Mariah and Melissa. They are a bunch of grumpy bums today,sheesh! I will be back later after my sweatfest.

Have a great day ladies!

Susan

okay I bought the oxygen fat loss issue. Is that the one with the eat clean diet info in it? I hope so, I didnt see it though. what page? sorry I am anal and need direction.

I decided today that I need to up my workouts to 6days a week. I had only been doing 5 and kept saying I wasnt going to up it to 6 until my body demanded it. I think I jinxed myself because now with an exra 8-10 pds , my body needs it.

I put a bid on the tae bo ripped advance on ebay after reading good reviews on it. I might also do the original taebo today since I am adding another workout day into my schedule. I think kenp is okay as well as KPC but I get into tae bo workouts better than those. I watched the taebo amped commercial today. Its looks pretty intense. I might have to get them.

talk with you all later!

linda- thanks! a master instructor came to a local gym and i did the cert. there. no it really wasn't hard at all. they go over all of the info prior to taking the written exam.

laura- the fat loss and the clean eating are two different magazines. look for the one that is called clean eating. maybe you would have better luck finding the eat clean diet book if you can not find the mag. good luck!

shelly- the one client this morning canceled and i wasn't disappointed. i've trained her twice and today was going to be my last time with her. i gave her to another trainer because i really couldn't fit her into my schedule. can you believe it:7 :7 :7

Hi Cheetahs--
I did Kenpo X this a.m. and a stretch tape.

I'm doing better today on the silly putty hammer front.
Life seems back to normal around here.

Just a few personals, then I hope to be back for more:

Susan & Christine—You both look so lovely and happy! How lucky you got to meet for lunch.

Cathy—I am game for a Chicago GTG. It’s a doable trip for me, the problem would be summer scheduling issues….but no date will be perfect for everyone. Have fun with L& G. I love your picture!.

Elaine—I have worn powersteps before. They arch on them ended up being too high for my particular feet, but they are really well-made. I had better comfort with the full-size insert and it moved around less. I thought you had orthotics made for you though?
What is the date of the Humboldt race?

Gayle – I ordered a Cheetah shirt and haven’t worn it yet, do you want to buy mine from me? I am ok not having one and you are doing so many races soon, I think you should have a Cheetah shirt. PM me if you want me to send it to you. About the eating stuff: I have found that if I am not really diligent about eating really “well” after runs then 48-72 hours later, I am in deep doo-doo. It’s tough because I have least appetite then, but for weight control, it has really paid off to be careful about a really adequate recovery meal and then good carb intake for the next 12 hours. (But that’s just me!)

Jess-Sorry to hear you are still feeling ill! I hope you feel better soon. Good for you that you have your hubby taking good care of you.

back later, I hope!
-Barb
:) :) :)

sunny d- someone had said that the oxygen magazine had something about the eat clean diet in it .

jess- I seen you on the new infomercial for pilates. How do you like the sculpting ball workouts? Out of all of them which do you think gives the best results?

Oh cool, Laura!! I knew it was beginning to air, but I haven't seen the new one yet!! One of the ladies that filmed w/ me emailed me to tell me she'd seen it.

For the workouts, I don't have the system yet!! They gave us the balls & a demo workout to try which I just love. I love pilates and I love the extra tools like the sculpting circle & ball to help you really *feel* it. They are supposed to be mailing me the workouts so I'll let you know as soon as I try them out!

Just finished a 45 min TM run and L&G. Whew! Now it's off to the showers & to get my haircut.

Laura - it's the Clean Eating special edition - not the Fat Loss one. My copy says it will be on newstands through the end of February.

OK, I'm taking a break!! I was starving by noon so I had a small bowl of oatmeal w/ half a banana. So far so good....

I got 2 coats of paint on the cabinet, it looks great! Greg got the flooring done & is working on moving the cabinet/ sink back in. I absolutely love the color in there, the blue & white just looks so *clean*.

I might do a Cathe workout this afternoon, I was thinking a premix of L & G or something. I can't handle 2 days off!! :p

Allright, I'd better get moving. The girls have been doing great at staying entertained, although they have a lot of cleaning up to do! ;-)

Great job, Cathy! Hope you like the haircut! Mine feels so much lighter & my pony tail seems so much shorter! ;-) I'll have to look for that Oxygen mag, I've heard a lot of talk about it!

Hello again! Time for a second cheetahfix today:) The ME premix just didn't do it for me so I tacked on the B&G leg blast....wow, THAT did it! I think I'll try to do this one weekly for a while. I ended up doing an interval run cuz it's been so long since I've been able to run fast pain free. Definitely gotta be careful though not to overdo it. No more than one of those a week!!

Elaine- I am quite interested in the Humboldt run although I'd be doing only the HM. It would actually fit in well with the training program for my next full marathon in Vegas.:) I'll wait til the summer to commit and sign up but right now it's looking good.

Susan- Another one doing the B&G leg blast!! I gotta confess... with almost every exercise in this workout I want to yell..."Oh No..not THAT one AGAIN!!!!

Barb- Glad your day is going better for you!

Later y'all!

ShellyC

Shelly-You get the Cheetah award for "listening to my body" leading to more workout rather than less! good job on the leg blast. I think it's a tough one.

Susan--how's your back feeling after the run/walk the other day? Your evening of singing with friends sounds really wonderful.

Carole--drawing the line at country for me makes good sense..but if you're curious, do check out drunken lullabies or the group Flogging Molly. It's a generation-bridger...
don't get me started on the garage or I just may have to get my hammer out again!
What's the date of the Humboldt race? Also, can you recommend at Janis Saffiel (sp?) tape to try. I want to expand my KB collection.

Marcia--I'm curious to hear how you like P90x. Which rotation are you going to pick or are you just going to try tapes. Amazing you have so many jobs and still find time to do your workouts and take care of your kid(s), too.

Sunny--Great job on your run. Do you have TM at home or do you go to your gym to use one? I'm setting aside money to buy Barry's tapes, based on what you, Laura and Linda have said.

Wendy--Hi! How's your day going? How's Joey doing? So the same aunt who said that funny thing about toddlers used to be a morning lap swimmer (with one of those big flowered caps) and she'd drink hot water mixed with shnaps before her workout. She is European, English as a 2nd language, and quite funny all around. I was about 19 when I asked her what that smell was coming from the thermos. "It helps me go faster..." Yes indeed...it's just hard to count the laps.:+

Linda--The Dirty Eating check in? That would be a hoot! Do you have an elliptical at home? I think you said you did. That's great that you have some cardio options. Good job on your run!

Cathy--good job on your workout!

Bye for now,
Barb

:)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.