checking in tomorrow

Cathe Friedrich

Administrator
Hi Everyone! I'll be in this specific forum tomorrow to read your reviews and comments. If you have any additional questions for me please post them here. Thanks and "see" you tomorrow afternoon :)

Hi Cathe, wanted to ask about a modification for the floor "Squats in a Box"? I'm racking my brain trying to come up with something very
similar, low impact, (this is the one that you jump forward, to the right, back, to the left, and then repeat going left first) I have tried "bunny
hopping forward, side, back, side but that's kinda weird feeling cause I'm not always on the right foot to start again.....maybe I'm not doing
something right :), or I have tried, like a right box step which takes 4 counts and then 2 quick squat digs in place which makes up the 8 counts, then doing a left box step, 2 digs, etc. that works ok, do you have any other moves that might work and still kind of still be doing what you all are doing? Thanks.

Agree Aqua Girl....

I cannot figure out a modification for that one either...:)..bunny hops make me trip and I am never in synch with Cathe on the move...

LOL, I know fox2 star, I just can't seem to come up with one for that particular "box" so I can at least be doing almost What they're doing, I am ok with 2 low jacks right after the "box" and then the two side bunny hops when she Changes to that after the box, but the box itself, it's driving me nuts! :)

Maybe Cathe can give us a good modification!

Hi Cathe, wanted to ask about a modification for the floor "Squats in a Box"? I'm racking my brain trying to come up with something very
similar, low impact, (this is the one that you jump forward, to the right, back, to the left, and then repeat going left first) I have tried "bunny
hopping forward, side, back, side but that's kinda weird feeling cause I'm not always on the right foot to start again.....maybe I'm not doing
something right :), or I have tried, like a right box step which takes 4 counts and then 2 quick squat digs in place which makes up the 8 counts, then doing a left box step, 2 digs, etc. that works ok, do you have any other moves that might work and still kind of still be doing what you all are doing? Thanks.

Hi Aqua Girl! If it’s just the actual box step that you’re looking to modify on the floor (meaning no stepper included with this movement) and I just do it once to the right side and then immediately once to the left side (over and over again) then you can modify like this:

Do two low puddle jumper steps to the right, then one single low puddle jumper step to the left and then a low puddle jumper step to the right. That would be the equivalent of replacing one full box step to the right.

Repeat this exact sequence on the left side and that will be the equivalent of one full box step on the left.

The more intensity you put into that low puddle jumper step will determine how intense the replacement is. Hope this helps!

Fox2star, if you read this, actually I thought of another modification for the box jumps that might work,
I'm gonna try a zig-zag box, meaning diagonal step up to the right, then side step left, diagonal step back to the
Right, and side step left again. Only once in the four moves, are you going opposite of what they are doing.
Make sense? Then left box jumps, it would be diagonal step up left, side step over right, diagonal step back left and
Side step over right. I might try them all and see what works best:)

Thanks Cathe, I will give that a try! Actually I think you do the box jumps to the right, then a couple jacks, then
The box jumps to the left and repeat the jacks, but I will see if it will work.

You can also do my low impact windmills (in place of the puddle jumpers) for the duration of my box jumps and then when I do jacks you can substitute the puddle jumpers there instead. Have fun :)

You can also do my low impact windmills (in place of the puddle jumpers) for the duration of my box jumps and then when I do jacks you can substitute the puddle jumpers there instead. Have fun :)

Cathe, that sounds fun too ! :) I definitely like windmills & puddle jumpers !!! Thanks for all your ideas!!!! They're great. "Where there's a
will, there's a way !"

Doing a rotation for the first time. Really keeps me accountable! I'm a cardio girl who often skips weights :) Fit Split only rotation is perfect (coming off injury) I like the workouts even more the second time around. I find them more intense now that I know the moves and proper weight to choose. Much to my surprise, really love the addition of the bands and discs. Works muscles so differently. Would love help with an Ice/Fit Split Rotation? Thanks!

Last edited:
I would like to see a rotation of Fit Split and Strong and Sweaty. Do you think they lend themselves to a good rotation?

And actually I'm curious as to how you come up with your rotations monthly? Do you try to keep a certain balance of cardio/ weights/ metabolic/ hiit?

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.