cellulite question

RhiannonW

Cathlete
I need some guidance, please. I'm 16 yrs old and have cellulite(inherited). I started running a few weeks ago, but am not seeing any results. In fact, the cellulite seems worse. I haven't changed my eating, but since I added running, why haven't I seen some kind of improvement? I was doing no exercise before.
Can anyone help with guidance or advice?

Thank you.

I need some guidance, please. I'm 16 yrs old and have cellulite(inherited). I started running a few weeks ago, but am not seeing any results. In fact, the cellulite seems worse. I haven't changed my eating, but since I added running, why haven't I seen some kind of improvement? I was doing no exercise before.
Can anyone help with guidance or advice?

Thank you.

You may not be able to entirely get rid of it (depending upon genes), but a eating a clean diet, drinking plenty of water, and including plenty of weight-training plus floorwork (leg lifts, bridge work, hamstring and glute work in table position, etc.) is your best bet. Don't be afraid of high-step work, deadlifts, lunges and squats, as they've worked wonders for the way my legs look. Standing leg work with weights and floorwork done approx. two to three times a week has made a big difference in my cellulite. I like Cathe's Legs and Glutes, Pure Strength Legs, Butts and Guts, and Gym Style Legs. It's not gone but is greatly improved, and I've had bad cellulite in the thighs and butt since childhood. And keep rotating your cardio regularly - kickboxing, step work (including high step), running, etc. The more you keep your legs guessing, the harder they will have to work, and that is the best strategy for anything that needs changing IMHO.

This is advise, I would give my own daughter and she will be 16 in a few weeks:

"I am proud of you that you want want to maintain a healthy lifestyle by taking up running. Running takes commitment, consistency and a love for the pavement. I understand you have been only doing it for a few weeks but change does not come easy and it does take "more than a few weeks" for you to see improvements in strength, endurance, as well a physical and mental changes. Please do not focus on the cellulite, rather focus on improving your state of mind on how you see your body and more importantly on your self esteem. When I look at you, I see a beautiful young lady full of love for life, a creative person full of kindness and empathy as well as an intelligent and hard worker. Let's work together to eat whole natural foods and as well as enjoy and make some of our favorites dishes and desserts. Your cellulite concerns shouldn't occupy that beautiful mind of yours at this age! Let's go get you some new running clothes. And....... I love you, but you know that already!"

This is advise, I would give my own daughter and she will be 16 in a few weeks:

"I am proud of you that you want want to maintain a healthy lifestyle by taking up running. Running takes commitment, consistency and a love for the pavement. I understand you have been only doing it for a few weeks but change does not come easy and it does take "more than a few weeks" for you to see improvements in strength, endurance, as well a physical and mental changes. Please do not focus on the cellulite, rather focus on improving your state of mind on how you see your body and more importantly on your self esteem. When I look at you, I see a beautiful young lady full of love for life, a creative person full of kindness and empathy as well as an intelligent and hard worker. Let's work together to eat whole natural foods and as well as enjoy and make some of our favorites dishes and desserts. Your cellulite concerns shouldn't occupy that beautiful mind of yours at this age! Let's go get you some new running clothes. And....... I love you, but you know that already!"

FireLight, this was beautifully stated! Your daughter is blessed to have you.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.