Cathletes - We're going to Disney World

SNM Videos

Administrator
We had some good news from Disney when we got back from Texas. Disney has been totally booked for the hotel and dates we wanted for the next two years, but they just had a cancellation and we are now booked for 7-1-2011 thru 7-4-2011 at Disney World in Florida.

This will truly be the most unique and magical tour event we have ever held. Disney event planners will be handling most of the arrangements and we hope this will be a Road Trip that entire Cathlete families will take together as a fun and fitness vacation.

This event will feature an entertainment package as well as the normal events and classes we do at all of our road trips. We're just now starting to work with the Disney event planners on the entertainment schedule, but we currently are thinking of having live entertainment during each meal and scheduling Disney shows that we can all go to together, perhaps starting as early as 6-30-11 in the evening? We're not sure if we will have classes on the 4th, but certainly plan on scheduling some fun activities to celebrate Independence Day.

As long as we have enough kids attending the event, Disney will take care of them for you and will show them the best time of their lives as only Disney can! This is not just a "sitting service", this will truly be an experience your children will never forget.

Things are still very much in flux, so feel free to make any suggestions you would like to see us incorporate into our schedule. This event will be more expensive than our normal events, but well worth every penny.

We're are not taking registrations at this time, but will let you know ASAP on when you can sign up. More details coming soon!

I'm so sad :-(, I already have plans to be in Boston on those dates! I will miss all the other Cathletes. Maybe Atlanta if it comes through at a later date?

So exciting!

This is great, we have been planning on taking the kids to Disney World, and what better time to do it than with Cathe! I can't wait to hear all of the details - thanks Cathe!

My family has never been too Disney world... what a great time too do so.. I do have a question about the age of the kids... My boy is 16 just wondering if there would be kids there his age?

What about Chicago?

I'm looking forward to a Chicago RT, is that still on the back burner for 2011? Any proposed dates?

Is there anyone from the Central Florida area going? I'm nervous, never been on a Cathe roadtrip before and honestly am behind in my workouts (little rut). I thought this trip would be sold out already and it's not yet; almost like a sign that I should really do this?? Any advice?? Who is going?? I missed the Daytona Road trip because of my state licensing test and never thought one would come so close again but July 4th weekend is anniversary, I'd feel guilty spending the whole weekend away from my husband.

Hi there Agzo! I'm going, I live in Clearwater/Palm Harbor. My husband and 4 yr old are coming with me. I have been on 4 glassboro road trips. I always have a great time even the year I fell off my step and broke my ankle lol :) the first year I didn't know anyone and I have met the nicest people! Cathe is super nice too! So I say go for it and bring your husband!
Don't worry about the classes, there are people of all fitness levels. I have just recently gotten out of my rut and am finally losing the baby weight (he's 4 ;-))
Hope to meet you in Orlando!
Tracy

Last edited:
Agzo, this will be my first RT too and I know how you feel. I am worried I will fall off my step during the workout. I am from the west coast of FL. It will be great having Cathe in our own back yard. My husband and 8 year old daughter is coming with me. I am sure we all will have a great time. What could be better than Cathe & Disney. Bring you husband along there is alot of down time on this trip.

There is NO better way to get out of a fitness rut than a Cathe Roadtrip! To be surrounded by not only Cathe herself, but so many cathletes that love fitness and friends (not to mention the great food!) haha!

Don't worry about your fitness slump, your fitness level... or anything else for that matter. Oh, and livviesmom... if you fell off of your step there would be 149 other cathletes there to help you back up! "wink!"

It's gonna be a total BLAST!

Azgo, you gotta come! I'm almost positive that I'm gonna screw up something when it comes to the step, lol. This is my first RT, and I've never been a "stepper" just more of a weights girl. Most cardio has always been just a necessary evil that I put up w/for the least amount of time possible. But, the way I figure, I have between now and then to get some "practice" in. And you have the same. July is 4 months away, which gives you (and me!) plenty of time to start breaking outta that rut, and then the icing on the cake will be the road trip! Three months gives us enough time to maybe follow a few rotations, and work ourselves up to where we'd like to be then.

And if all else fails, just come workout next to me, while I'm stumbling all over my step, you're sure to look great! ROFL

Come on along Azgo!!! This is my first RT. I had my 3rd child in November :D and am slowly getting fit and the weight is slowly coming off :eek:. I was hesitant to sign-up until I spoke to my SIL, a veteran Road Tripper. I wondered if I'd be the only one modifying, etc. She told me there will be others modifying... just do what I can. She said I will love it and have the most wonderful time, and if I had any question in going to set it aside. So what are you waiting for?? Let's go have fun!!!

Aww Tracy, I can't believe you broke your ankle on a roadtrip and still have such wonderful things to say. That's super encouraging because honestly I love weight lifting the best (and get the best results) that being said the step truly brings out the klutz in me!

Hey Danielle-
Great to know I am not the only other first timer. Did you register your husband too? I know mine won't want to go to any of the classes, he's done a few cathe workouts and admits she is tough but he would rather do his own thing just jamming out to music.

Jenn- I hear you and I think you are right, I don't look forward to my workouts as much as I used to so I don't do them as much, whoops. If I do come I need to get in a lot of practice between now and then or it might really kill me, haha.

Kikster- Thanks for responding, you sound very much like me. Slow and heavy, pyramids, muscle max, gym styles and STS are my favorites (oh and stretch max, who doesn't love stretching). Notice no step, for cardio I usually go on a bike ride or jog with my hubby. I think the only step workout I was okay at was Low Impact Step. Yes I need LOTS of practice between now and then.

So going to talk over the finances with SO and see if this is doable. Can't believe there is still room, almost like it is meant to be :). Is it possible to come without staying in the hotel? I'll probably miss out on some stuff but the drive isn't bad for me.

Azgo! I think we're twins :eek: , LOL

Those are all my faves too, right down to Low Impact Step & Stretch Max! (I think all that weight lifting makes us HAVE to love stretching, lol). Your hubby even sounds like mine. Mine did two of the STS workouts (at my pleading), and although he respects what I do, and thinks Cathe's great (for me), he just would rather do his own thing. And hey, it works for him, so what can I say. But, you know how guys are, they can do like 5 push-ups and be ripped, while we can run ourselves ragged for months, and not even come close :rolleyes: . So needless to say, he won't be joining any classes, lol.

We typically take a trip for our anniversary each year (in Aug) so I get the feeling that this may end up taking the place of it financially (although DH hasn't admitted it yet :confused: ), so I know what you mean about finances....

As for just making the drive up, and not staying at the hotel, I say if you can swing the drive each day, do it! No use in spending the $$ on hotel if you don't need to. The hotel is not included in the $ of the event, so I (personally) wouldn't add it if it's not necessary. ;) JMHO

Kikster, yes I think we just might be more similar than I realized!! We take a trip every other year for our anniversary in July, we had planned to celebrate the weekend of the roadtrip, oops. DH does want me to go, he said it could be my anniversary gift, not sure how to match that though :eek:! Ok I think I'm going to take the leap this weekend and sign up, although I am beyond nervous:)!! Guess I better start kicking my workouts back up so I can survive the roadtrip!!
-Angel

Kikster, yes I think we just might be more similar than I realized!! We take a trip every other year for our anniversary in July, we had planned to celebrate the weekend of the roadtrip, oops. DH does want me to go, he said it could be my anniversary gift, not sure how to match that though :eek:! Ok I think I'm going to take the leap this weekend and sign up, although I am beyond nervous:)!! Guess I better start kicking my workouts back up so I can survive the roadtrip!!
-Angel

Awesome!! Look forward to meeting you there :p This is going to be an amazing Road Trip - woohoo!

Attachments

• Mickey-camopants-rwb.jpg
    Mickey-camopants-rwb.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 4

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.