Cathletes Gettin' To Goal 10/11 - 10/17

Thanks for thinking of me and my daughter yesterday. What a challenge. They put 22 leads on her. She wasn't very patient. She squirmed and my DH had to hold her in his arms and hold her hands. She put up quite the fight. Then I held her and rocked her and she fell right to sleep, which was what they needed. I couldn't believe how fast she fell asleep but I think she tired herself out while they put the leads on. My husband watched the screen the whole time and everything stayed pretty steady, even when they flashed the strobe in front of her. Her brain registered that something was there but no seizures or anything "remarkable". Unfortunately we won't know the results for another week or so.

Have a great day everyone and a good weekend too.

Oh one last thing, I weighed myself yesterday, fully dressed with heavy warm clothes and I am still down a few pounds, probably more if I had less clothing on. I am now fully convinced that focusing on my weight non-stop keeps me from losing. I haven't worked out seriously due to our situation and my eating has been ok. I guess I have accepted that right now I can't do anything about it and can't stress about it. That doesn;t mean that I won't work out as soon as I can but I think we all need to stop stressing about it so much and stop feeling guilty all the time.

Hi guys!

Well, no loss again this week. I can't say that I'm surprised. :eek: I did so well last week and just blew it this week. I wish I could get in the groove.

So today's my anniversary. (28 years) DH asked what I wanted and I asked for a Vita-Mix. I've wanted one for some time but didn't want to spend the money. I was showing him some of the demos from their site and he told me to go ahead and order it. Hopefully this will help me get in more fruits and veggies and leave less room for the other crap I stuff myself with.:rolleyes: He's looking to benefit from it as well.

Melissa, I'm so glad that everything is looking good from the tests. I'm sure is was very scary for her and difficult for you as well. And you're right about the guilt. There will always be times when life gets in the way and we need to be able to roll with it without stressing about whether we got our 3-5 w/os in that week.

I have been so sore this week. I took yesterday as a rest day. I still have DOMS from PUD. Seriously. And my calves are so sore from the plyo w/o that it's not funny. I woke up with a HA this morning and haven't got a w/o in yet but plan on it. I've had to bake 2 cakes today. :(

Friday

Melissa, thanks for letting us know about your daughter's testing. I hope the time goes quickly as you wait for the results. You've got plenty to worry about right now and to keep you busy without stressing over workouts. As we always say -- they'll be there when you're ready.

Rhondalyn! We got married the same year :) Have fun with your new Vita-Mix. I've never really looked into them, but hear they are wonderful to have if you actually use them. I hope it is fast shipping and you have it quickly. Be sure to let us know your experiences with using it. It doesn't surprise me at all that you're still sore from PUB. It takes days before I get over that one myself.

I did CLX BC3 today, so it's on to Burn next week. I'm ready!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.