Cathe's voice not in sync with mouth? Does that make sense?

Not sure if my title makes sense...but when Cathe is talking, her voice is not in sync with her mouth. Any idea what the problem could be? Thanks!!

Where are you noticing this? I have had this problem on some of the Fit Split videos in the workout blender.

Well, I just subscribed to Cathe OnDemand and was playing around with it. I was previewing one of the 4 day split workouts or possibly muscle max. I can't remember. I haven't tried viewing much else yet. I am using Amazon Fire Stick.

The same thing occurs on my Rock ‘em Sock ‘em Kickbox DVD from ICE. Cathe and crew’s moves are not in sync with the music either. The problem gets better as the workout progresses.
Unfortunately I haven’t even had a chance to preview the new LITE series yet or even Fit Split.☹️

I've used a laptop and now firestick and it seems like the last few series, it's like that. I don't think it matters if it's in the blender or just a premix, but yes, it is off a little. I've noticed that it changes from chapter to chapter also.

I always figured this was due to buffering, but given that a couple of you have noticed it with Dvds, makes me also wonder what it might be? Hmmm.

Hi,

I played the ICE Rock 'em Kickbox workout this morning on DVD and it had zero synch issues throughout. I own quite a lot of Cathe's DVDs including six series and none of them have any syncing problems. My DVD player is an old Samsung from 2013.

Well, I just subscribed to Cathe OnDemand and was playing around with it. I was previewing one of the 4 day split workouts or possibly muscle max. I can't remember. I haven't tried viewing much else yet. I am using Amazon Fire Stick.

Hi stacelina73,

Are you seeing this problem on all of the workouts or just a specific workout?

Not sure if my title makes sense...but when Cathe is talking, her voice is not in sync with her mouth. Any idea what the problem could be? Thanks!!
I know. It made me crazy that everything was off the beat so I sadly unsubscribed. I've been working out with Cathe DVD's since the 90's and love her! I just can't believe there's not a way to fix this.

Hi tlv930, We're not aware of any videos that are out of sync and I just tested a few to make sure nothing recently has happened.

All digital TV's sold today use buffering that can cause slight audio sync issues of 2 to 4 frames - and perhaps more. The greatest amount sync slippage will be based on your settings for your TV. If you have your TV display set for something like "cinema" you will experience the greatest amount of buffering and sync issues. We usually keep our test TV's here set to "standard" to reduce audio sync issues caused by buffering. Your device will also affect audio sync. A low-end computer or a lower end or older Fire TV or like device may not be able to process the video fast enough and hence the video will appear to be out of sync. A poor internet connection speed or outdated wireless will also come into play as far as audio sync goes.

The way you troubleshoot this is to first try playing a video on your phone (assuming your phone is not outdated or a low-end phone) using wireless. If it plays ok then you know the video coming into your house is fine. If the video doesn't play ok then turn off wireless and briefly use your cellar data and see if the video plays fine. If it does then you probably have an issue with your wireless network. But assuming the video plays fine using wireless on your phone you now need to see if the sync issue is with the TV or your Fire stick or like device. This is tougher to do as you need to get the video signal to your TV without using the Fire Stick or like device. If you have a cable that you can connect to your TV from your phone you can then eliminate the Fire Stick and see which is causing the issue. Alternatively, you can try changing your TV settings to something like "Standard" or "Gaming" and see if this helps. You can also hook up a DVD player to your TV and play the same video that you are having an audio sync issue with. If you see the same issue then you know your TV is the issue, but hopefully changing your TV settings as I mentioned before will help.

With TV manufacturers now making more and more smart and internet-centric TV's, buffering is going to become a bigger problem. This is true for OnDemand videos as well as DVDs.

In Low Impact Step, where Cathe is wearing a red tank top she says a sentence that is over facing over and then she says something like three foot repeater. But, I think she actually said, step touch, but the edited it out because it wasn't the move she was doing. It really isn't noticeable. I notice everything, because that is my nature, but it to the normal person you wouldn't notice it. This was in Step Combo One. I did this workout a lot when I was a beginner to step because it was so perfect. When you play something long enough, you notice the little things.

This isn't a hiccup in the DVD or anything. Sometimes I think Cathe, does edits, but from what you all talking about this is more like a technical problem in the device you have. I have Roku, and I check my settings every once in awhile to make sure there are right where I want them to be.

For me it is only some Fit Split workouts and only On Demand. I've definitely seen it with Shred Cardio (it bugs me in particular during the step warm up). Truthfully, I don't do them much, partly because of this issue. I don't own the Fit Split DVDs so I can't compare directly.

I've never had this issue with any other On Demand workouts, and I've never had it with any DVDs either.

I don't plan to spend the time changing my TV settings just for this. My internet speed is super fast, so I know it's not that, and it happens on multiple devices.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.