Cathe Live App - Android

I don't exactly know what you mean by "force close".....yhere is a button on the samsung phone to the left of the home button, that when selected, shows all the app that are running...you can then select "close all".... I assume this is it?

P.s. I did delete the app, restarted my phone, then downloaded theapp again, but the same thing happened.

I really just wanted to see what it was like using an app instead of the web site....not that important since it works great with the web. It does seem like ther is an issue since it is happening to others as well...

Hi Ebonynicole.

This sounds like you're not using the latest version of the OnDemand app. The problem you have mentioned was caused by an iOS Apple update, but we fixed this problem with an update to the OnDemand app about 1 month ago. Did you check to see if you're running the latest version of the app?

Oh that might be it then. I downloaded it a while ago during my debate on getting On Demand (which was probably over a month ago). I will reinstall the app and see how that works.

So I uninstalled and reinstalled the OnDemand app and I still get the same problem. It still will not play the no premix videos on my LG tablet.

I don't exactly know what you mean by "force close".....yhere is a button on the samsung phone to the left of the home button, that when selected, shows all the app that are running...you can then select "close all".... I assume this is it?

P.s. I did delete the app, restarted my phone, then downloaded theapp again, but the same thing happened.

I really just wanted to see what it was like using an app instead of the web site....not that important since it works great with the web. It does seem like ther is an issue since it is happening to others as well...

Hi fox2star,

Yes, that's how you force close an app. So you did this correctly. Not really sure what the problem is. The app is working fine on all of our Android devices, but your Samsung 6 just seems to have an unknown issue at this time. I'll let you know once we know something.

Hi fox2star, We tested the cathelive app in a Galaxy S6 emulator, but couldn't reproduce the issue you're having. Do you know which version of android your S6 is using. We tested using Marshmellow.

Not sure...if this is correct...under Android Version all they show is 7.0. There is no name like Marshmellow...

Just wanted to repost: So I uninstalled and reinstalled the OnDemand app and I still get the same problem. It still will not play the no premix videos on my LG tablet.

And actually when I originally downloaded the app that was last week and reinstalled on Monday and it is still giving me that problem.

Just wanted to repost: So I uninstalled and reinstalled the OnDemand app and I still get the same problem. It still will not play the no premix videos on my LG tablet.

And actually when I originally downloaded the app that was last week and reinstalled on Monday and it is still giving me that problem.

What version of Android are you using?

So it says Andriod version 5.0.2. I checked for updates and it says I am running the most current version.

Software version is V70020c and it says the Kernel version is 3.4.0+ (whatever that means)

Thanks for checking into it!

So it says Andriod version 5.0.2. I checked for updates and it says I am running the most current version.

Software version is V70020c and it says the Kernel version is 3.4.0+ (whatever that means)

Thanks for checking into it!

Also on my tablet, the On Demand App quits often and closes out automatically, not sure if both of these issues are related or not.

Not sure...if this is correct...under Android Version all they show is 7.0. There is no name like Marshmellow...

Hi fox2star, I did have our lead developer run a test using the Samsung 6 emulator for both Android 6 and 7. Everything worked fine, which means the app should work fine on your device, but as you know it does not. Without having your actual device in our hands there really isn't much else we can tell you. It just seems that your device is having issues because of older "cached" files not being released or some other unknown problem.

Last edited:

Hi ebonynicole, I think your problem is your using Android 5 which is a very old version of Android now. Android 8 was just released, so your now 4 generations back. We only test and design for Android 6 and above, so it is really hard to say if the app will even work for any Android 5 device. Are you not able to upgrade Android for your particular device?

Hi ebonynicole, I think your problem is your using Android 5 which is a very old version of Android now. Android 8 was just released, so your now 4 generations back. We only test and design for Android 6 and above, so it is really hard to say if the app will even work for any Android 5 device. Are you not able to upgrade Android for your particular device?

Well I went into the Update center on my tablet and it tells me I am using the most current version and will not update anything else. I checked the LG site and it says 5.0.2 is the current version. I tried chatting with their support folks but that wasn't helping to see if I can update the software anymore. I have other tablets so can try on those and see if they have a more up to date version.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.