Cathe ice series vs Jillian Michael BodyShred program

Keams97

I’m new to Cathe dvds and I just ordered the lite series, haven’t even done a Cathe workout. I was diagnosed with diabetes two months ago and started working out. I’m between beginner and intermediate, more intermediate. I ordered Jillian Michael BodyShred and could only do workouts 1&2. So I was wondering if anyone has done Cathe ice series and the BodyShred program. If you have can you compare how are they different. Which one is easier or more doable for someone like me who needs to lose weight.

I’m new to Cathe dvds and I just ordered the lite series, haven’t even done a Cathe workout. I was diagnosed with diabetes two months ago and started working out. I’m between beginner and intermediate, more intermediate. I ordered Jillian Michael BodyShred and could only do workouts 1&2. So I was wondering if anyone has done Cathe ice series and the BodyShred program. If you have can you compare how are they different. Which one is easier or more doable for someone like me who needs to lose weight.
I think Cathe's ICE set would be a better fit for you. There is a modifier, so you can keep things relatively low impact if you need. Cathe's ICE series has so many options - extra weight work, extra cardio blasts - you can really fine tune the workouts to meet your needs. Plus Cathe isn't screaming at you - but she is encouraging.

Carol

I think Cathe's ICE set would be a better fit for you. There is a modifier, so you can keep things relatively low impact if you need. Cathe's ICE series has so many options - extra weight work, extra cardio blasts - you can really fine tune the workouts to meet your needs. Plus Cathe isn't screaming at you - but she is encouraging.

Carol
Thanks Carol, I think I’ll buy the ice series later. I just preordered the lite series because of the add on stretches. I’m also still in the process of buying equipment for a home gym. Nothing fancy just some free weights and step platform and other things I might need for some home workout dvds.

I'm looking forward to the LiTe series when it comes out this fall/winter (probably in late December). If your looking for something now, as Carol mentioned above, the ICE series would be a great option. It has shorter premixes that might be a great way to ease into Cathe.

I’m definitely going to buy the ICE series next month. I wasn’t sure about buying it until I saw the workout clips on YouTube. I didn’t want to waste my money on another workout dvd if it’s too advanced for me. But I think I could do the ice series. I just need to buy the step platform first. Thanks for replying

Hi Keams! I read your post and I noticed that you are new to Cathe! I suggest you get Cathe OnDemand! You can get it for a month and if you realize that Cathe is a little more advance then you can cancel.

I don't like Jillian Michaels. Jillian doesn't do the exercises with you. It seems like she has more information, but she doesn't do much of it. And Jillian yells! Cathe is way nicer and cooler!

On Cathe OnDemand you can look at all Cathe DVD workouts. Cathe even rates them. From 1 beginner to 10 being way advance.

If you want to you can get Cathe Live to see other people doing Cathe Workouts at her gym, but these people have been with her for years.

I was really overweight and was overwhelmed by Cathe, but now I lost the most of weight and can most of Cathe workouts! I don't know your weight, but if I would tell myself back then is do Cathe Strength Exercise and her stretch and yoga exercises, Also Cathe Fit tower! Also, you don't have to do all her exercises on her DVD, you can do modifications. Instead of when she is jogging, you can walk in place. Also, when you get Cathe On-demand you get Cathe Belender, so you can make your own workout. So, if one workout is too tough, you can change it. You can edit it. Like if a workout has burpees and pushups, you can take it out and put something in its place until you can do it!

If I were you I would get Cathe OnDemand. It is easier then buying the wrong DVD and thinking, I can't do this!

Cathe has so many DVDs! If you get Cathe OnDeman you will understand what I am saying!

Also, when you get On-demand and you see a DVD you like you can buy it by itself. For example Basic Step! Let's say you just want to concentrate on Basic Step for a month then you can buy Basic Step and cancel your Cathe On-demand Membership. And the two month later you can sign up again!

When I was really overweight I did Leslie Sansone Miracle Miles. That was a really good workout. Leslie is awesome! She isn't like Jillian. It is a Walking DVD with the band. It didn't have push ups, sit ups. It was walking with other exercises. If I would tell myself back then, I would tell myself so Leslie and change is with Cathe Strengyh, stretch, fit tower exercise!

Hope this has help!

Jen

Last edited:
If you're looking for something to do before LITE arrives, I would also look into Jessica Smith's Walk Strong 3 set. It's not a walking set so the name is deceptive. It's also tougher than it appears but I think overall easier than ICE. It includes stretching as well. I loved it!

If you work out with Cathe or Jessica (I highly recommend both) you don't have to work out with Lou Ferrigno's twin. :D

All I can add is that I've been working out with Cathe for years and years and I have never had a exercise related injury. I did however get sore joints & knees from P90x. I did love the P90x program but it was too much for my body. I always return to Cathe because her workout layouts are injury free for me.

All I can add is that I've been working out with Cathe for years and years and I have never had a exercise related injury. I did however get sore joints & knees from P90x. I did love the P90x program but it was too much for my body. I always return to Cathe because her workout layouts are injury free for me.
Poohpeggy, I can totally relate to what happened to you with other workouts. I have never had an exercise related injury with Cathe but I did one from another trainer and hurt my upper back. For me, Cathe is the best trainer. :)

100% agree

If you're looking for something to do before LITE arrives, I would also look into Jessica Smith's Walk Strong 3 set. It's not a walking set so the name is deceptive. It's also tougher than it appears but I think overall easier than ICE. It includes stretching as well. I loved it!
I agree - it was using Jessica's workouts that got me fit again and I still use them now. Her 8-week programme (not sure if that's the one you refer to) is fairly tough in some places, I would say about as tough as some of the ICE and LITE. I still get breathless and a sweaty mess when I do her Metabolic Conditioning one using a step with 3 risers and 8s and 5s only!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.