Can't believe I waited so long to try Cathe's SPINNING!

Thanks to all of you who offered advice and thoughts on Cathe's spinning DVDs.
I bought all 4 (have done all of them twice except for Sweat only once but it's up next on my rotation).

I became interested in the idea of buying a spin bike due to a nagging foot thing...not any sort of major injury but I had just kind of "tweaked" something and knew I needed to give it a rest for bit.
Being like most of us here, I couldn't imagine not doing Cathe for days or weeks at a time so I thought maybe spinning would be a great alternative to all my typical Cathe workouts.

I previewed all her spin videos and was a bit worried about the fact that it seemed like sometimes the ride doesn't stay with the tempo of the music. I was also kind of confused about how to know what tension to use on the bike.
I posted my concerns and questions here about those issues and a few of you really came through for me...shout out to Jane Power-Grimm in particular.
Others also offered helpful advice on which bike to purchase and some other spin workouts.

I quickly realized that there is a bit of a learning curve to spinning but once I "got" it it all fell into place. It took a bit to figure out what tension I should be using and the adjustments to make to follow the ride.
And I didn't think I would like the fact that we don't follow the tempo but now I totally get the "surges" and now that is a total non-factor.

So, now of course I'm hooked and need Cathe to create more spinning DVDs!!!!! I know some of you recommended other spin instructors but I'm just kinda weird when it comes to working out to anyone other than Cathe...I just can't seem to make myself do it :)

So just a thanks to y'all here on the forum and a strong recommendation to anyone here who may be like I was, considering spinning but just not sure...DO IT!!! It is a great complement to Cathe's other types of workouts.
I especially like it as an add-on when I want just a bit longer of a workout.

P.S. The bike really did help with my nagging foot thing as it is all back to normal now and I didn't have to miss any workouts ;)

Thanks again!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.