calories burned doing Butts & Guts???

I tend to do premixes of Butts & Guts, rather than the whole thing, but in general my calorie burn winds-up in the range of 4.5-5.5 calories/minute. The variation really depends on how much of the time I spend on the ground doing floorwork, versus the upright, vigorous stuff such as hammer punch lunges. But, having done variations of the workout about a zillion times, I think you could safely guess at 5 cal/min and be close to the mark.

I believe that there is a place somewhere on this site that shows all of Cathe's workouts and all of the calories expended while doing them. I did a search but couldn't find it. Maybe someone else could chime in and tell you exactly where it is!:D

Check out Workout Manager. Select calendar, then click on the day you did Butts and Guts. Click on add workout. You can then select the appropriate DVD. Workout Manager will then estimate your calorie burn.

I recently got a heart rate monitor and found that my calorie burn was much lower than what I got from Workout Manager. That may not be the case for everyone. HTH!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.