Body recomposition question

You're most welcome!
Not only the trouble measuring, but sometimes even knowing which way to go.

Here's a picture I'd like to share.

The pic on the left is "before" - 127 pounds, for the non-metrically inclined.

The trainer said "You need to drop about 15 pounds"...

Taking her advice would have produced a 112 pound stick figure body with
a stubborn pooch and no muscle.

Stuck on about 1200 calories forever and a wrecked metabolism just waiting for the fat to rebound,
at the first sign of eating normally. Yeesh.

Instead, the right thing to do was to gain about 15 pounds of muscle and drop a few pounds of fat
in the process. 140 plus pounds on the scale at this point.

Also, eating more like 2200-2400 calories, permanently.

You rarely hear:

"Hey, looking good - what did you do?"

"Oh, I hit the gym and put on 'bout 15 pounds. Dropped a size or two, as well."

Attachments

• weight vs fat.jpg
    weight vs fat.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 52
You rarely hear:

"Hey, looking good - what did you do?"

"Oh, I hit the gym and put on 'bout 15 pounds. Dropped a size or two, as well."

Yep, We rarely hear that. Educated people do not buy into the low BMI solely based on scale number;)

Dorus, great example!! People trying to shove a body into a predetermined weight slot can be disasterous! A trainer like that is a liability....no doubt the pic on the right would be significantly better than one 30# down...CONGRATS on your wisdom!!

An absolute liability.
Low weight does NOT necessarily guarantee a "healthy" Status. Thin/skinny does not necessarily mean fit and strong.

oh by the way the person look much better putting on those 15 pounds phew:):)

Actually, I'm finishing the second week of Meso 2 at the moment. Time flies...
Guess I get to try the wave loading next week.

Should that not be enough time to at least begin to assess where I stand with nutrition?

The somatotype testing stuff gets me variable results depending on the test design. Best of that
bunch came back with about equal degrees of all three body types, but really it is only averaging distinctly
different characteristics from all three types to produce that bit of info.

Goal-wise, yeah, I'm looking for health, primarily - and aware of the difference between training for strength versus simply trying to become
a smaller version of oneself. As far as I'm concerned, I'd LOVE to add 10 pounds of muscle, would welcome dropping a bit of
fat in the process too - but so far it's going the other way. Inches around waist accumulating, strength not progressing properly.

I enjoy training hard - but I don't much like training hard to add fat and not gain any muscle. (!)

It seems like this program is using energy I hadn't been using doing a barbell strength program.
(Most recently Wendler's 5/3/1)

Are there any guidelines I've missed on the forum, on what constitutes "well fueled" doing STS?
It feels like I need to add calories.

I keep coming back to nutrition tweaking as the most likely area for improvement...

If you want to add muscle try to add more cal like 2100/ 40 grams of carbs(help energy and build muscle), 35 grams of protein, and 25grams of fat or change to 40/40/20. may help. and to build muscle don't do it too much cardio.

Last edited:
If you want to add muscle try to add more cal like 2100/ 40 grams of carbs(help energy and build muscle), 35 grams of protein, and 25grams of fat or change to 40/40/20. may help. and to build muscle don't do it too much cardio.

Based on 4 equal meals a day...

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.